Living The Dream

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bonnie and her attorneys spent many minutes huddled. Their last hurrah was introducing a sheet of paper with a warning to Bonnie.

'When that cast comes off, it might not be long before its back on again.'

My attorney argued that they could easily have created that note for theatrical effects. Bonnie's attorneys had no proof where the note had come from. I had nothing to do with it. Now we wait. The court wanted more documentation from Bonnie as to why she had abandoned the children. My lawyer said that was a very good sign for us.

+ + + +

Once the cast on the left hand was removed, Bonnie let herself into the house. All of her junk was stuffed in the laundry room. That pissed her off. My attorney told me to allow her back in as not doing so would reflect poorly.

As much as I hoped that the kids would reject Bonnie, they didn't. While holding Connie she tried another approach.

"Parker, what's it going to take to put this all behind us. I still love you and I think you love me too. I'm sorry I hurt you. I was immature but I've grown up a lot these last three months."

"Bonnie, you're wrong. I don't love you anymore. The sooner I can have you out of my life, the better."

"I'm not going anywhere. You'll still have to deal with me when you come to visit your children."

I was really getting angry, so I headed to my office. Our next court date was fast approaching. Bonnie was sleeping on the couch. We avoided each other almost twenty four seven. Much like previously, when she had only one good hand, I finished things once Bonnie was locked in a room.

When our docket was called, Bonnie seemed pleased that her parents were there. She had not seen them since the blowup before her first date. She waved at them but was ignored. Her demeanor changed when my attorney called Edith to the stand.

"Edith, is it alright if I call you that?"

"Yes."

"Bonnie is your daughter?"

"Was. We no longer claim her as a daughter."

"Why is that?"

"She's a SLUT and completely unfit to raise my grandchildren. Parker is more than capable of raising the children. While Bonnie was injured, acting like a WHORE, Parker was home watching the children. She's abandoned the children. I refuse to let my little angels grow up thinking that being a SLUT is an acceptable lifestyle choice."

"Isn't it true that Parker is under house arrest?"

"Yes, but that's because he beat the crap out of someone he thought was molesting Bonnie. Turns out she was slutting that night too!"

"No more questions your honor."

Bonnie's attorney thought better about cross examination.

High fives around when I was awarded custody and Bonnie ordered to pay child support. No alimony since I was footing the entire cost of housing. When my attorney played the saved threatening voicemails, the judge ordered that the first three months of visitation be supervised. Somehow I thought I'd be ecstatic when I was a free man. It was depressing with a hint of relief.

+ + + +

Nothing much changed at home. Edith came by daily. She and Julie mapped out my love life. I tried to make it as clear as I could that female companionship was not a high priority. That's before Carmen arrived on my door step one Saturday morning. Edith had invited her over to 'help' with the kids.

Carmen has a son one week older than Adam. Her husband was killed in a car crash when she was five months pregnant. She is two years older than me and works in customer support for an insurance agency. Everyone knew this was a 'blind date', but I didn't object.

When the kids were sleeping Carmen and I sat at the kitchen table talking. I told her the story behind my house arrest. She told me about her late husband. I had just started to tell her about the saga of Bonnie when guess who knocked on the front door.

"Bonnie, nice to see you. The kids are currently sleeping. I take it the lady behind you is supervising today?"

"Yes this is Margo Hansen."

I shook Margo's hand then inspected her credentials. I saw Edith wave goodbye as she left through the back door. I invited Margo and Bonnie in.

"Bonnie this is Carmen, a very close friend of mine. Her son, Chad, is asleep with Adam."

If looks could cause damage, Bonnie was giving Carmen that death stare. Carmen had a very wide smile and softly spoke "Nice to meet you Bonnie."

Bonnie woke the kids. I escorted Carmen to the door.

"Can I bring back dinner tonight? After all, I'm a very close friend."

Without hesitation I offered a kiss and received one.

"I'd like that. See you tonight."

Bonnie was keeping close track of my interaction with Carmen. Everyone watched Carmen wave from her car as she drove off.

Four hours later, at the end of her prescribed visitation, Bonnie and Margo left. For the first time in six months I was excited at the prospect of having dinner with a woman. I fed the kids and put them down for a nap. Once settled I took a quick shower, shaved, and put a little aftershave on. I found a nice shirt and clean pair of jeans.

I was changing Bevin's diaper when the doorbell rang. Carmen had also changed clothes. She helped me change the hens while the boys played.

The casserole she brought was enough food to feed me for several days. We talked until almost midnight. I really needed this. Carmen was not a passive listener. She made me explain my thoughts and emotions behind every step of Bonnie's humiliation of me. It took all of my powers of persuasion to convince her that I had nothing to do with the assaults. I don't really know if she believes me, but it's true.

Around midnight she pulled a sleepy Chad into her arms and left. I asked to see her again and she agreed. My goodnight kiss had a lot more passion to it than the earlier peck.

I just thought I didn't need female companionship. I tossed and turned all night.

+ + + +

Edith arrived early Sunday and was very curious about how things had gone with Bonnie. She then changed the conversation to talk about Carmen. I played it close to my vest. At this point I doubt there's a woman out there wanting a young father with four mouths to feed and care for.

I might be wrong about that. Carmen brings a casserole over every Saturday. I still have two more months of house arrest, so all I can do to entertain is turn on the television or play some music.

Carmen asked for music then pulled me to my feet and we slow danced. It was all I could do to keep my stiffening cock from bumping into her. She succeeded in making sure that I failed that task.

"Parker, I'm not ready to start another relationship, but it makes me feel like a woman knowing that I excite you. Can you live with moving slowly?"

"Carmen, I think so. My mind is scrambled. I don't know what I want. Does that make sense?"

"Perfect sense. I can't begin to relate what you've gone through, and I'm equally certain you can't relate to what I've had to deal with. It's going to take time."

Edith was letting me handle the kids on the weekends. Tuesday she asked me to have a seat.

"Parker, I don't mean to try to run your life. Okay, so maybe a little. I talked with Carmen's mother last night. They live on the east coast. She says that Carmen's car broke down and she can't afford to fix it. Between rent and child care, she only has a few hundred left over each month. Do you think WE could watch Chad and save her the cost of child care? Adam and Chad seem to get along."

"Mom, I think that would be a very nice gesture on our part. I'd still need your help. How much does she need to get her car fixed? I owe her something for the casseroles she's been bringing by."

"Thank you Parker. I'll find out about the car."

The next morning Carmen was at my door. A lady, in the driver's seat, waved at me.

Carmen had a twinkle in her eye "Thank you Parker. This will really help."

"Not a problem Carmen. See you later today."

It cost about three hundred to get Carmen's car fixed. I thought it was a good investment. Getting to see Carmen every day was a bonus. My greeting and goodbye kisses were now closer to what lovers exchanged. The hugs had a lot more passion.

+ + + +

My house arrest came to an end. I took the opportunity to take a ten mile run around the neighborhood. I floated an idea past Carmen.

"Do you think you can get Friday off? I'd like to take you on a day long date. Edith will watch the kids. I'd do it this weekend but Edith and Julie are both busy."

"I think I'd like that. I'll call you from the office later today."

A few hours later, I had a date. My heart was thumping hard. Friday couldn't have gone any better.

On Friday, I picked up Carmen and Chad early. Dropping Chad off at my house, with Edith watching them, we headed to the marina. The three hour guided tour allowed us some much needed cuddle time. The amusement park was now open so we spent the next five hours running from one waiting line to the next. It was time to get home.

"Parker, I'm tired of waiting for you to make the first move. Can I spend the night?"

"Well, let me think. How about spending the weekend?"

The kiss told me that was a YES.

Once the kids were down, I wondered how to proceed. I don't want to seem too eager, yet I don't want to seem disinterested. I fixed us drinks then offered "Let's watch television in the bedroom."

I sensed that Carmen was having the same debate. We lasted less than a minute, on the bed, before we were locked in a passionate kiss. Nature guided us along. My hand squeezed her covered tits, and her hand scratched at my zippered cock. Once we recognized that this is what both of us wanted, the clothes melted off quickly. The light of the television was enough to see a fit and trim body. Since I hadn't been eating a steady healthy diet, Carmen saw my boney chest. Not exactly a macho man at this point.

Mutual exploration, with our tongues, and I was ready to pop. Carmen finished me with her hand, and then I used my fingers to bring her to a climax. We both need to work on our oral skills.

"I'm still on the pill. Are you sure that you're disease free?"

"I was tested when this first went down, and they all came back negative. I think the answer is yes."

"I've never been tested, so you'll have to trust that I am too. Ready to go all the way?"

Yes I was. More than a few times. And again after the hens were fed.

Saturday was the best day I'd had in a year. We made love when the kids were napping. Lacking enough car seats to go anywhere, we ordered from an Italian restaurant that offered delivery service.

The nightcap was slightly different as each of us tried to improve our oral skills. Although I didn't cum in her mouth, Carmen's blow job did the trick. My oral skills need the most work. Although Carmen was dripping hard, all I was able to get were a few tremors.

As we were feeding the kids lunch, Carmen's phone rang. It was her mother. She took the call in the front room, away from the noisy kitchen. She returned, but her face was pale.

"I need to be with my mom. My father had a heart attack and is on life support. Can you get Chad's things together? I'm going to be making travel plans."

What do you say at a time like this? I offered condolences. I promised support. I shared a tear with her. I think I was crying as much for her pain, as I was for my loss of her company. She was off to the airport in under ninety minutes.

+ + + +

I guess I didn't know where I stood. We were friends with benefits. Was it more than that? Two nights and a day of sex doesn't exactly translate to anything else. Yes, I had more than 'just friends' feelings for Carmen. Was I hoping, or did she really have the same kinds of feelings for me?

We needed to talk. Carmen called at the end of the day. Her flight was on time and she consoled her mother. Her father was clinging to life. Now was not the time to talk about US.

Her father survived, if you can call it that. Lack of oxygen destroyed some of his brain, and he was unable to help himself. The calls, with Carmen, dwindled. I left messages. She left messages. I guess I had my answer.

Edith and Julie sensed my loss. The matchmaking scaffolding was being resurrected. Not being shackled any longer, the few dates I went on were close to traditional. Early on, I learned that I needed to emphasize that I had FOUR young children. As I had originally suspected, the opportunities to date came along at a Zamboni's pace.

Closure, with Carmen, was a two page letter. Her father died and she was going to stay on the east coast. She really enjoyed our time together and hoped that I had found someone. It hurt. I'm not going to lie.

I bought an SUV as a sedan just doesn't work for four car seats and room for another adult. The cashiers at the grocery store had my back. They stopped me if I tried to buy something my quartet shouldn't be eating or drinking.

It's only a matter of time before I strike gold. I have to believe that. The alternative is too depressing.

+ + + +

It was a year after Carmen left when Edith caught me alone.

"Parker, I heard from Carmen's mother."

I guess Edith wasn't certain how I'd react "How are they doing?"

"Well, apparently someone misses you and was hoping that she hadn't burned that bridge."

"Awww, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Carmen's mother. What's her name again?"

Chuckling "Parker! You know who I mean."

"If you're asking me if I'd let her back into my life? In a heartbeat."

Three days later my heartbeat skipped when I found Carmen waiting for me when I arrived home after work. Chad and Adam didn't mind sharing a room. Carmen and I didn't mind sharing a room either.

+ + + +

Epilogue:

With the help all of the grandparents, we are managing to raise five beautiful children.

We try to live on what Carmen and I make, but the grandparents have other ideas. They buy things for the kids that don't fit in our budget.

Bonnie married about a year after the divorce was granted. She still visits but is hopelessly behind on her child support payments. The kids don't really recognize her as anybody other than a lady that drops by occasionally. Nana Edith is who they consider to be their mother.

Carmen and I did a courthouse steps marriage. Neither one of us is interested in another child. Five is more than enough.

They never charged anyone with the assaults on Bonnie or her lovers. Bonnie and her parents have never reconciled. I still use and treat Edith and Roger as the grandparents that they are.

At Christmas, three and a half years after Bonnie left, I was alone in the kitchen with Edith. I asked her why she wore two rings. She twirled the one on her ring finger, and then the other on her pinky.

"Oh these? This one is my wedding band this one is my mother's wedding band."

My head snapped towards her. Winking, she put her index finger on her lips and whispered "Shoosh!"

12