Locked In Amber Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tongue lashing. A brief image flashed through Amber's head of the two of them nude in her bedroom as she knelt between Kat's thighs, Kat's hands on the back of her head. It made a jolt go through her loins. Whoa, fuck! Where did that come from? Amber had been friends with Katelyn forever. She recognized her friend as attractive but normally wouldn't have described herself as 'being attracted' to Kat. Katelyn had always had a high sex drive and they talked and even teased about it frequently, just as they had a moment ago. But this was a first where Amber had the imagery and physical response to the idea of attraction to another woman.

Not exactly the first, her other inner voice spoke up in a sing-song tone as the memory of subtle perfume, piercing blue eyes, and the feel of soft lips trickled up from her subconscious.

Okay, fine, but what is up with me of late? She found her eyes drifting down Kat's neck towards her chest. The inner voice only laughed.

Katelyn didn't seem to notice the lack of Amber's response as she was focused on eating. "...and I got your text last night about being out on a date at a comedy club. How did it go?"

Amber abruptly pulled her eyes back up to Kat's face. "Oh. Uh, it went great. I realized I hadn't talked to you in a couple of days, so I wanted to drop you a text when Spencer was off getting us something to drink."

Kat looked up. "I noticed you didn't text me again afterward." She waggled her eyebrows, the corner of her mouth in a smirk. "And then this morning you mentioned that something happened last night and you were originally concerned that Spencer hadn't texted you back, but then later clarified that it might have been... how did you put it... 'bad, but not bad bad.' So, we're here, all alone with no coworkers to interrupt. Spill it."

Amber thought back over the past few days. "Well, there are a lot. It's been one hell of a weekend. You know how it started. We've seen each other several times now. But as for the date... we had dinner, went to the comedy club and laughed, came back here for some ice cream, made out, I froze up, we talked about it, then he went home, opened my surprise package of wet panties and we had phone sex wherein he came in said panties while I got my own sheets soaked."

Katelyn choked on her water, nearly spraying it. Wiping her lips with her napkin, Katelyn just stared dumbfounded at her friend who sat there looking positively devilish. Finally, once she finished her coughing fit, she said, "Wait! Is this the same shy girl who wouldn't even take my advice to ask him out last month? Or the month before?" Amber just shrugged. "The demure girl who rarely got anything when I would go out and get new lingerie?"

"Yeah... well, about that. We may need to make a shopping trip in the near future."

Katelyn had a twinkle in her eye. "Well, regardless, I'm so proud of you. And as for lingerie, we can get started after dinner on a little thing called 'the Internet'."

******

Once they had finished eating and cleaning up, Katelyn urged Amber to grab her laptop. They sat down together on the couch in the living room, sipping tea. "So," Katelyn started once they got comfortable, "you mentioned it's been one rollercoaster of a weekend. Was there more?"

Amber took a sip of the lemon tea. "What was the last thing we talked about... not counting what I just told you at dinner?"

Katelyn thought for a few seconds. "Let's see... you had gone back to the house to apologize. Oh, and ended up back here snuggling on the couch and then waking up in your bed."

"Oh, that's right. Yeah, there was more. That was just the beginning." She set the laptop aside.

Katelyn cocked her head. "Oh yeah? Good or bad?"

Amber began telling her about the rest of the weekend. She talked about helping him run cable at the lab and dinner with him and Elise afterward. When she mentioned Elise loaning her a swimsuit, Kat got that look in her eye, ready for some juicy details.

"So, you ended up wearing a model's swimsuit? Let me guess... was it super sexy? Do they get to keep them?"

"Well, actually it's her girlfriend's, Nicolette. I don't think I'd fit in Elise's clothes. She's decently taller than I am. Anyway, I didn't choose one that was super sexy, but she did say it made me look good. That was nice."

Katelyn rubbed her hands together. "So, is this the part where you got all hot and heavy in the pool?" she asked, wickedly.

"Well, not exactly. We had dinner and then they were cleaning up. And while they were gone, I accidentally fell in the pool."

At this, Kat grimaced. "Oh, God! Embarrassing much? Were you able to at least turn it around or laugh it off?" The look on Amber's face told her the answer. "Oh no, what happened?"

Amber then proceeded to tell her about her panic attack and flashback, her mistaking Spencer for Todd, and her resulting meltdown. By the end, Kat had moved over and was just hugging her.

"God, I hate that asshole!" Kat growled. "I desperately wish there was some way to pound him into the earth! He's long gone, but he's still causing shit. So then what? I can't even imagine how you must have felt."

"Thanks. Well, Elise ended up helping me. I think she's dealt with something similar before. She seemed to know just what to say. Once I calmed down, the three of us sat down and I ended up telling them about Mom, Todd, that night at the pool... what happened after. Everything. It was hard, but it felt good too, you know?"

Katelyn nodded. "How'd they take it? That's a pretty big load to drop on some people you've just met or just started going out with."

Yeah. Well, actually, as I said, Elise had dealt with something or someone else like this. She was totally cool and understanding. You'd like her. And Spencer, well, he's the total opposite of Todd. I was worried he'd be freaked out—I mean, this was like the third time on a couple of days that he's seen my worst side. But he's totally understanding and caring. He says it's all just part of the package and that he has liked me for a long time." She paused for a moment, thinking. "It's... different. And nice."

Katelyn gave her another hug with her arm. "Yeah, it sounds like you may have found a good one here."

"Yeah. Sometimes it's really hard to believe. He's really sweet. Though I did notice afterward that he is a bit unsure of how to carry himself. Sometimes he forgets, but other times, I can tell he's a bit nervous to touch me. I think he's worried about making me have another flashback again. That reminds me, I need to talk to him and make him understand that I actually want his touch. We need to get past that."

"I can see his concern. But yeah, you need to talk to him. He sounds like he'll understand."

"Most definitely. Well, that pretty much sums it up. You know about the date last night and how that ended."

"Okay. One other detail though. You mentioned at dinner that you two were here making out and then you froze up and had to talk about it. Another flashback?"

Amber shook her head. "Oh no, nothing that bad. No, we were kissing and really going to town. I had my shirt off and was rubbing up against him but we were taking our time. I was thinking we might take it up a notch, and then a stupid thought passed through my head about Todd and how quickly he always wanted to progress. I must have given some sign because Spencer noticed it immediately. We ended up talking about it, which was important and good, but that was not how I wanted my evening to go. That's why, later as he was about to leave, I had the idea to slip him the panties I'd been wearing. I wanted the evening to end on a good note."

"Well, it sounds like it did. I gotta say though—I'm really impressed by this guy. He seems to genuinely care for you. Like, a lot. I'm happy for you. You deserve it"

"Thanks."

"So, you've been making out several times and then you went all in and gave him your wet panties... I still can't believe you did that, by the way." She grinned and elbowed Amber, who blushed. "Then you have a little hot and heavy phone sex... So what's next? Think you'll take the next step soon? Think he'll be up for it? Oh, who are we kidding, he's a guy. Of course, he'll be up for it."

Am I up for it? Is he? "Well, God knows my body wants him. And I think he's interested. When I mentioned earlier today how I was a bit anxious that I'd overstepped a boundary last night, his response was, 'You be you. I like you how you are.' He also confirmed he had enjoyed it and I don't think there were any regrets."

"Well, that's certainly a positive sign! What are your concerns?" Kat put down her empty teacup with a clink.

Amber thought for a bit while Katelyn waited patiently. "I'd say there are probably two. The first is the fact that we've only really started hanging out on Friday, so I don't want to rush into things. Second is the whole anxiety thing about my history."

"Totally valid points. Want my opinion?"

"Of course."

"Okay. As far as rushing it, if you had only just met, that would be one thing. You know me, I'm a total horndog and love all things sex. But, despite all my teasing to the contrary, I actually don't advocate rushing into things without thinking it through. However, you've been building this friendship and tension for weeks and weeks. Maybe you weren't let's-hang-on-the-weekend friends, but from everything you've been telling me, you were on very good terms and that comfort level was there. I bet that if the two of you were less shy, you would have been dating some time ago. Then, this last weekend, you took it to the next level. Maybe not in the most orthodox manner, but you did. From what you've explained, you've had some pretty major discussions, far more than your typical "third date". So I'd say, do what feels comfortable to the both of you and not worry about some arbitrary calendar count. If one of you wants to wait, there's no reason to rush. If the relationship is good and solid—and all indications so far seem to be—you'll know the right time. This isn't just a fling."

Amber nodded. "Okay, that sounds fair. I just... after how quickly things progressed with Todd, I feel unsure of my ability to properly gauge relationships. I'm super attracted to Spencer and it feels like it's moving fast all of a sudden. It's in a really good way, but then my mind starts comparing the two and questioning that I didn't learn my lesson about jumping in too quick, so to speak. I know Spencer isn't at all like him, but then the thoughts make me hesitate. Know what I mean?"

"Yeah, that makes sense," Katelyn affirmed. "And that leads into the anxiety issue. I mean, I don't need to be a professional counselor or anything to know that fucker Todd caused damage. You seemed like you got better once some time had passed, but you also haven't really dated anyone since and put it to the test."

"Yeah, it's been pretty slim. Only a couple of guys with a couple of dates each. Nothing physical."

Katelyn continued on. "However, it sounds like you've also had some really deep conversations with Spencer. Just listening to you talk about how considerate he has been and how kind... There's a real connection there. Hell, even his sister sounds pretty great. I also hear in your voice that you really are attracted to him, and I'm not just talking on a physical level. But speaking of, you told me yourself, you want him to feel comfortable with touching you. So, he's aware of the history and you're aware that it's affecting you more than you thought. I'd say, have a sit-down, tell him your concerns and desires. Suss it out."

Amber pondered the advice for a bit, holding her cooling mug between both her hands. Finally, she looked up. "You're right. I think I just needed a sounding board. Thanks. Negative thoughts sometimes start creeping in and get hard to ignore."

"Yeah, those bastards can really fuck everything up."

"Tell me about it," Amber shrugged. "Hey, another question for you. He's asked me out for Thursday, but a part of me wants to see if he wants to hang out tomorrow too. Is that too soon? Does it seem clingy? I don't want to be 'that girl'." She made air quotes.

Katelyn chewed her lip as she thought about it. "Well, I think the main gauge of that question is why you want to hang out. If you feel the need to hang out as some sort of personal validation of your worth or because you're jealous of him spending time doing things without you, then yes, that's being needy. But I know you well and you're not really the clingy type. "

"Oh God, no!" Amber grimaced. "I'm just excited to spend time with him now that we've finally broken out of our turtling."

"In other words, you are severely undersexed and now you have a potential release." She grinned mischievously.

Amber rolled her eyes but also smiled. "Okay, maybe. But I'm serious."

"I am too, albeit in a light-hearted way. You haven't dated in a long time and now suddenly there's a caring guy on your radar. Right now you've got all those hormones floating around just demanding you wrap your legs around your boy toy to trigger some release. But..." Here Katelyn paused for a moment before leaning in conspiratorially, "letting the tension build a couple of days can be a really good thing. I'd suggest you let it marinate. Hell, we can even just plan to hang out tomorrow again, if you'd like. You could come to our place, play some games, just have fun."

Amber thought about it a second and nodded. "Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you're my friend."

Kat smiled sincerely. "I know," she said confidently.

"But," Amber interjected, "you've got to stop talking about all this 'wrapping of legs', and 'fulfilling release'. You're right—I'm damn horny and it's just making it worse!" She fake punched Katelyn's shoulder.

"Hey, that's assaulting an officer, missy." Kat joked. "If you're not going to keep your hands to yourself, I can give you better options."

Like where? The thought just popped into Amber's head unannounced along with some visuals and she just stared at her friend. Fuck, not that imagery again! She's right—I need to get laid so bad, I'm starting to contemplate other options.

Kat busted out laughing. "Oh, Amber... the look on your face. It's priceless. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were seriously picturing us together."

Amber flushed but didn't say anything. Thankfully, Katelyn was wiping her eyes with the edge of her hand and didn't notice.

"Sheesh, I laughed so hard that I'm tearing up! Oh, whew," she said, letting out a long breath. "Sorry. Not that I'd mind, of course, but I know you're not into girls."

Did she just say she'd be okay with us doing something together? Nope, nope, not going there. Amber just smiled a lopsided smile and tried to not let her mind wander. Let's get one aspect of my sex life figured out before I add additional complications like realizing I'm also attracted to my best friend!

Thankfully, Amber's phone chirped as a distraction. It was Spencer.

SK: Heading to bed. Exhausted. Wanted to say goodnight and I hope you're having a fun time with Katelyn. Oh, and El says hi.

AL: We are. Hi back.

AL: Sleep well. Think of last night if you have trouble falling asleep ;)

SK:!!! Maybe I will even if I don't have sleep issues. :D

Katelyn watched Amber grinning as she sent the texts and knew exactly who it was. Once Amber was done and put her phone down, Kat leaned over and grabbed the laptop. "Now, shall we look up some ideas for your next date? There's a new boutique in town. We can order something online and then go pick it up later."

12