Locker Room Talk

Story Info
A sexless man has a reawakening in middle age.
7.6k words
4.49
23.3k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
OffNSFW
OffNSFW
241 Followers

Content notice:

The following story contains depictions of negative body image and weight stigma.

I've done my best to portray these issues with empathy and sensitivity. Beauty comes in every size, and a joyous, fulfilling sex life is the privilege of anyone who wants one.

That said, if you're someone who prefers to avoid such content altogether, you might try one of my other stories instead.

The Author

*

"Fuck you, asshole," is what he wished he would have said.

Rod Robinson was surrounded by people in the gym, and nevertheless by himself. The stranger, a musclebound man half his age and half his size, had already receded into the forest of weights and machines.

Rod wouldn't have been there at all except for the guilt that he could no longer ignore. The guilt of money wasted on a membership he'd paid for on an impulse, which he had gone five months without using.

Empty nest, new lease on life, get in shape. New year, new me. That's what he'd told himself. It had been so difficult to summon the motivation to come, and now it was taken so easily, so violently.

The stranger had said, "You're doing great, buddy! Keep going and you'll get there." The words could not have been more cutting if the man had simply called him a fat ass and been done with it.

Rod stepped off the treadmill, grabbed his things, and wove through the cold machines and the warm bodies towards the locker rooms.

There were enormous mirrors along one wall, where men could take joy in the sight of their own bulging muscles. He did his best to ignore the round body and oversized clothes reflected back to him.

He had been slim in his 20s. His 30s brought love handles. His 40s, a beer gut, the beginnings of tits. Now, at 50, he had to ignore how his fist brushed the underside of his jutting belly when he masturbated.

In the locker room, he vowed to herself to disrobe and shower quickly, to be out of this place, away from big men and beautiful women whose eyes he could feel upon his skin even if they weren't saying anything.

He found his locker, wrestled his way out of the sticky folds of his gym clothes, wrapped himself in his towel, and went for the shower room.

He was alone. He picked a shower at random and turned it on, keeping his back turned to the large, steaming room and trying to let the feeling of hot water on his sweaty skin crowd out his thoughts.

He turned off the shower and covered his body, still dripping, tightly in his towel. He could hear voices coming in from the pool area. Chattering, joking. He moved quickly for his locker.

On the way, he took a look inside the sauna. No one there. He went in, deciding he would dry faster and be out sooner.

Against his furious wishing, the door opened almost as soon as he'd sat down. A group of four men came in, joking, laughing. Mostly young and thin, although one of them was about his age and also fat.

They were all clad in towels, which they wore unself-consciously. Rod instinctively tried to shrink into his own towel as soon as they appeared. They sat all around him, ornamenting the small wooden room.

The fat man took the spot next to him. He was loud, animated, full of laughter. He did not try to hide the shaking of his belly and his tits when he laughed. He seemed to be the leader of the small pack of men.

Rod felt out of place, as though he'd picked the worst place to sit. The fat man was the focus of everyone's attention. Even sitting at the edge of his spotlight gave Rod an uncomfortable and scary feeling.

The men gossiped about sex. Things they'd done, unrecognizable names of people who had been their partners. Their boastful, pornographic storytelling reminded Rod of his own sexless existence.

He dreaded the prospect of the conversation turning towards him, of being inducted into this circle and having to reveal himself as ugly and boring, but he felt he couldn't leave without raising attention.

There was something about the fat man. His name, Rod had gathered, was Von. He behaved like the other men, who were young and thin, whose muscles still stood out, for whom sex likely still grew on trees.

The way Von jiggled when he laughed, the way his towel strained to hold his hips and stomach, the way he traded sex stories of his own, as if there could be any comparison. Rod felt embarrassed for him.

It was especially appalling when one of the younger men poured water from his water bottle on the hot rocks and Von scolded him and, in defense from the plume of hot steam, took off and set aside his towel.

Though he tried not to be, Rod was transfixed by the nakedness at the edge of his vision, all large round parts that laid upon one another and shined wetly in the pale lighting and translucent steam.

One by one, all the other men followed suit, dropping their own towels and baring their hard, masculine bodies as if on silent orders, but Rod hardly noticed.

Von droned on, how pouring water on the stones would leave a layer of minerals that would have to be meticulously cleaned, how the steam might feel hot but would not actually raise the room temperature.

Von, it turned out, was the son of the owner, an older man who was not himself a gymgoer but had bought the business as an investment. Von handled the "day to day," and so he knew these things.

Rod felt discomfort of a different sort. Von was right. The steam did feel hot, hotter than he was used to. The towel had become suffocating, yet the thought of being seen without it mortified him.

But right next to him was Von, with a wide, deep body so similar to his own, who had dropped his own towel without caring, had even prompted the dropping of towels by his coterie of apparent hangers-on.

Von, heedless of the way his shining tits stood out from his chest, the way his belly laid upon his lap, hiding his penis and his pubic hair from sight, the way his thighs spread wide upon the bench.

Rod, who could have left, or remained in his towel, sweating profusely, rolls of flesh slipping and sticking uncomfortably with one another. Who, in a moment he could not explain, chose to do neither.

Rod removed his own towel, awkwardly bunching it up in a pile on the bench next to him. The rest of the men, he felt, did not notice. But Von, who said nothing to him, gave him a cursory look.

Rod felt that his body must not have looked too different from Von's, though Von was relaxed and reclined and without tension. Rod was bent, slumped, pulled into himself, with no idea how to fix it.

The round robin conversation went on. Rod did not speak and didn't know what he would say if he were called upon.

But the energy of the gathering soon dwindled. People left one by one. When it was down to him, Von, and just one of the younger men, Rod excused himself, mumbling. He tried not to scurry as he exited.

As he toweled off and stumbled in a hurry into his clothes, he couldn't keep the thought from his mind that he'd been attracted to Von. Not sexually, but an inexplicable sense of affinity. A closeness.

Von had strode into that sauna and hadn't given a shit if anyone saw him in his towel, or out of it. Not even the younger, thinner men, whose tight, athletic bodies were the ultimate criticism of his own.

Von would have looked at himself in that mirror with admiration. Von would have said something to the guy, wouldn't have taken his shit. Von would have stayed, instead of running like an upset child.

Rod drove home in a fog. He could not stop himself from imagining scenarios in which he had stayed, in which he and Von were the last ones left. He could have impressed Von, been admired by Von.

*

Months passed. Rod had become a regular at the gym.

In some ways, it was worse than not going at all. His frequent trips would elicit well-meaning comments from family and friends, intended as encouragement, that reminded him that he was disgusting to them.

If they had taken more of an interest, he might have admitted that he felt stronger, more capable, the good tired of vigorous physical activity. But his appearance had not changed, so they did not ask.

He was not at the gym to change his body, or even to feel better.

It was Von. The phantom version of himself. The frustrating spectre that would not leave his mind.

It was not so much that he wanted to meet him, to talk to him. That was not something he had thought through, or that he would know how to go about doing if he had. That was not a component of his obsession.

Instead, he would try to recreate the conditions of that moment in the sauna, when he'd first encountered him. Each visit, he would hit the showers, then sit there in the unforgiving dry heat, waiting.

He would imagine the door swinging open, the chatter, the laughter, the parade of men, the lewd storytelling, water on the rocks, steam filling the tiny, enclosed space. The communal baring of naked bodies.

It was as though there were a closed room in his mind where rogue thoughts cavorted just barely out of his control. In his more conscious, intentional thoughts, he still felt embarrassed for Von.

There had been one night, later than usual, when he had finished his workout, committed his sauna ritual with the usual results, and checked out at the front counter, when he finally saw Von.

He was all the way across the gym floor, through the layers of weights and pulleys and treadmills, dressed in slim-fitting gym clothes that did nothing to disguise the prominent, fleshy parts of his body.

He was having a discussion with a man with a clipboard--still somehow managing to laugh. Loud, boisterous, fat-shaking, unmistakable. Rod lingered as long as he dared before reluctantly turning away.

That night, Rod laid awake in bed, watching phantom shapes appear and disappear in the whorls of paint on the darkened ceiling. His wife laid on her side, facing away, soothing him with her gentle snoring.

Aside from showering together or the occasional playful touch, they had not been seriously intimate in years. It was not something there was a good explanation for. Her interest in sex had simply dried up.

There was a time when he had been trying valiantly. He would wait for her to wake up in the morning and they would fool around in bed. Clothes might come off. She might even let him pleasure her.

Time wore on. Their intimacy waned in both frequency and flavor. She would tell him that it was the presence of children in their house, and she would immediately feel horrible for having had the thought.

Now the children were grown and gone, and the only reason left was his wife's preference and his own body. No woman could want him, and it only pained him when his wife told him that he still looked good.

Those frustrated nights and mornings had gradually given way to his now-daily ritual of masturbating alone in the bathroom, pornographic videos playing on his phone. Surely she heard, though she did not say.

A war of attrition won, a classic sexless marriage their prize. He did not want it. But the prospect of resuming that sweating, squishing part of their life, as though they were still young, felt ridiculous.

He found himself dwelling on the memories. That time he had come over and she had surprised him at the door in a slim-fitting satin chemise. His body had not changed much yet and they could still be spontaneous.

That time they had fucked in a tent, trying to stay quiet so as to not be heard by the surrounding campsites. He came in her pussy, then failed to shush her when an unexplainable giggling fit came over her.

Their first time together, she had invited him over to watch a movie. Those electrical first touches on her couch, followed by her lying nervously on her bed like a body in a tomb while he undressed her.

She had apologized to him as he slid her skirt down her legs, then her waisted pantyhose, then her underwear. She had naively not anticipated sex that night. Her bush was in its full untamed glory up and down.

He had been unbothered. For the first time, he told her she was beautiful. (She admitted later that she did not believe him.) She told him it was only her second time having sex. Again, he was unbothered.

They were 27 at the time. He had had multiple partners, all of them varying styles of thin. His someday wife was not fat, but had struggled with her weight and was intimidated by his sexual history.

He had produced a condom, fucked her with a slow gentleness that she appreciated more than she enjoyed, then he was romantic enough to tell her he was about to come and ask her where she wanted him to do it.

He had the condom on. She told her she wanted him inside her when he came. Though he had been in control, domineering, he felt a sort of gratitude when she let him relax his tired, sweaty body on top of her.

At that time, they still had not learned each other's full names. It had been her intention to sleep around, to sample the men of the world after spending her first decade of adulthood in relative prudishness.

Then they fell in love, got married, had kids, and that was that. He had steered her from that future, stolen it from her.

In the swim of these vivid memories, he found that his fingers had tucked themselves, unbidden, down the front of his boxers. His hand, draped over his belly, touched the head of his half-hooded erection.

Fuck it, he thought. He circled his foreskin loosely, with just his thumb and his forefinger, and jerked off slowly, quietly, inside his underpants, careful not to wake the slumbering woman next to him.

He had always been quick to come, not with women, but by his own hand. Years of solo orgasms had taught him to get off efficiently. He found himself close already even from this timid and clumsy masturbation.

The memories of happier times with her, more sex-filled times, were fleeting and just a little out of reach. He could not maintain them. Likewise his orgasm kept coming close, then slipping away from him.

And then the mental image of Von flitted by, displaying his nakedness with an untroubled dreaminess before his coterie of onlookers, and Rod felt a mix of feelings so utterly off-putting that it was over.

He withdrew his hand and did his best to ignore the nagging demands of his unsatisfied cock, which throbbed in his waistband, his dickhead hot and hard against his belly, and tried to will himself to sleep.

The final thought to be left ringing in his head as he dozed off was that it had not occurred to him to wake his wife, to put the moves on her, and that he was grateful that she had slept through it.

*

Time went on. Rod gave up.

He kept going to the gym, just as a habit, one that he'd devoted enough time to that it no longer felt difficult. Get up. Masturbate alone. Go to work. Go to the gym. Go home. That was how his life went.

It wasn't that he had decided once and for all that the ritual with the sauna had failed. It was more of a gradual falling away. His unsuccessfulness and his lack of a clear goal had worn him down.

Then one day, in a moment of fate like planets colliding, he opened the sauna and there they were.

They did not acknowledge his entrance, save for Von, who gave him a quick glance before returning to his conversation with the young men in his orbit. Including Von, there were five in total, all naked.

Room was tight, but Von slid over. There was just enough space on the bottom bench for Rod to sit. He would be close to them, between Von and one of the young men. He would have to tolerate that closeness.

In a second of hesitation that felt like an eternity of indecision, Rod took his towel off and hung it on one of the wall hooks, then he sat in between Rod and the young man, letting their knees touch his.

The part of the spot where Von had been sitting felt damp under Rod's bare ass, whether from sweat or pool water or both, he did not know. Rod was disgusted by it, but only for a moment, and he said nothing.

It was then that the young men started leaving, one by one. Not as a response to Rod's arrival--rather, it felt to Rod that the party had already been evaporating when he had arrived. It was nothing personal.

The last of the young men left, and so did the remainder of their dwindling conversation. It was Rod and Von alone together on the bench, sitting silently. Rod instinctively inched away. Von did not.

Neither one of them said anything at first. It was Von who broke the silence.

"Sorry if we made it weird," Von said. "I know we do a lot of locker room talk in here, and I noticed you were pretty quiet the couple times you've come in. Not everybody's comfortable with that stuff."

"No, it's fine," Rod said. He performed nonchalance, though he was hyperconscious that this was the first time Von had ever spoken directly to him. It was strange.

Von smiled. "Usually, when people say it's fine, it's because it isn't."

"No, really, I'm fine," Rod said.

"There it is again."

Rod realized Von was teasing him, but he felt locked into his defensiveness, felt a need to prove himself.

"I've done locker room talk as much as anybody," Rod said. "It's really no big deal."

"Locker room talk about what?"

"You know. Women. Getting laid."

"Well, you should speak up more often. A man doesn't get to know another man unless they can talk about sex. It's what we do here." Von gestured to the room, to the spaces where the young men had been.

"Alright," Rod said. He took a moment to finesse what he was about to say. Von simply watched his face as he waited.

Rod began. "One time, I was with this girl in Vegas. We made out in the outdoor pool, then we went up to our hotel room. Really nice, king size bed and everything."

Von's eyebrows were up. "And then what?"

"We fucked."

"Okay, I get that, but what happened specifically? What was she like? What did you guys do?"

Rod was letting the memory unspool as he spoke. "She was small. Not petite, but kind of thick, especially her butt and legs. She liked it from behind. She came real easy if you fucked her from behind."

"Was she loud?"

"Yeah, she would howl when she came."

Then Rod remembered of another detail to the story he thought Von would find funny.

Rod said, "We didn't realized it at the time, but the door hadn't latched. It was open a little, so everyone on our floor could hear us. The hotel had to send a guy up to tell us to keep it down."

Von laughed, his big, fat-shaking laugh. Rod still couldn't believe a man could let himself be seen that way, could have so little self-awareness. But he appreciated the genuine reaction to his story.

Von got himself under control and asked, "What did the guy say?"

Rod said, "I don't remember exactly, but he was very polite. He didn't specify what people had heard. Just that we should be more careful to close the door and keep it down next time."

Von laughed again, and his sweating, naked body repeated its previous performance. It was infectious. Rod found himself chuckling, before remembering his self-consciousness about his own quivering flesh.

Von asked, "Did anything else happen?"

"Not really," Rod said.

When he saw the disappointment in Von's eyes, he added, "There was another time when this girl and I were at the beach. We were feeling each other up under the water, so we decided to find a place to fuck."

Von was reinvested. He leaned towards Rod, as if to hear the story better. Rod could feel the sweaty warmth that radiated through the space between their two bodies.

Rod said, "There was an outdoor shower that was deserted. I don't think it worked. We tried to do it in there, but it was kind of gross. We ended up going back to the car and fucking in the backseat."

"Wow," Von said quietly. "Did anyone see?"

"I don't think so. But a lot of people were going by, right outside the windows."

OffNSFW
OffNSFW
241 Followers