Long Blonde Hair, Sky Blue Eyes Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't try to use a rifle or pistol; if I'm the pilot you'll never touch the UAS, while even a few pellets will bring down most of them. Drones are only allowed to operate during daylight hours at an altitude of less than 400 feet, so a shotgun is useful if you feel threatened. Better to pay the fines and replace the drone than be dead!"

Bill called in a good chunk of his available personnel for lunch and to hear Erik's presentation, which began with the analogy of the French Maginot Line. "France spent the decade after World War One constructing a network of trenches that would stifle any armed assault like those of 'the great war' that had just ended.

"Instead, it made the Maginot Line and its troops sitting ducks for German planes, and barely slowed their tanks and troops down. They had constructed a perfect defense system for the previous war, not WW II.

"We're doing that with security today. We're busy trying to secure the physical facility, but physical intrusion is far from the only danger now. Home and workplace security needs to also be attuned to current threats, like eavesdropping, cyber intrusion or attack, even sonic attacks. The physical dangers include car or package bombs and snipers, rockets, and aircraft, as well as armed intruders.

"Rethink everything, as if you were providing security to the POTUS. Secure your perimeter as much as possible in your circumstances, and that includes cyber perimeter as well. From laptops to servers, keep all software up to date, use VPNs, use the best encryption possible, and either use dual-factor authentication or difficult computer generated passwords stored in the cloud.

"There is much more, and you can learn all about it on the web, but if you don't understand all this, contract with someone who does and let them fix you up, then train you. And, by the way; threats change daily, so security must not be stagnant.

"Before we transition to the AI and search section, let me urge my friends to talk to Bill about the driving course he offers at another site. In my opinion, everyone needs that driving course. Not only are there a lot of bad and distracted drivers out there that can kill you, but we're also easier targets in a car. As Andi said on national TV, she and Annika would be dead if Annika hadn't recognized the carjacking ploy, and even then, they couldn't drive out of the trap."

The next section of his presentation alternated between his demonstrations and their efforts carry out the search assignments they were given. They could work individually or in teams, but the teams worked faster so everyone paired up or joined a group, though, at his insistence, all still utilized their own laptop.

When their tasks were completed, Erik tasked Aini with a search, and they sat back and watched her work. It was mindboggling, as was the amount of information and data produced.

He then asked if someone would volunteer a photo or video of a man and woman, or men and women. He got several, gave Aini instructions, and sat back. Minutes later, a perfectly innocuous picture of people standing in groups and talking at a backyard party had turned into people making out, undressing others, and having sex in the backyard.

Next, Aini used a short statement by KJ to make him a country and western singer with Keith Urban's voice, to Cassie's delight. Then she made Cassie into a whore turning tricks on a street, from a short video she had provided.

"And that's why you want to consider AI Deep Fakes before filing for divorce based on photos, video, or audio. Annika can attest to how effectively they were able to turn a relatively innocuous limo ride into a backseat orgy, which they were planning to use to blackmail her - although it never happened.

"AI has the potential to improve our world considerably, as many believe the SEAMM - Safety and Efficiency Analysis and Maintenance Module - that is at the heart of our current danger, will do. AI has already turned the logistics program Johnny and I developed into more than we dreamed, and it's getting better every day. When paired with the SEAMM, they have the potential to be game changers for several critical industries and the military - or at least several governments believe that!

"My assistants have done searches that penetrated the barriers protecting the evil, allowing us and/or authorities to intervene and interdict their intentions, and to find a kidnapped soul. It's a wonderful tool in your hands, but it poses a serious danger in the wrong hands.

"You may choose to take university courses or online courses, but we all need to understand AI's abilities and limitations, and the threat it posses when used by unscrupulous people."

It was as quiet as a Good Friday service when he finished, as participants contemplated what they had heard and seen, and got up to leave. Bill broke the silence by thanking him for that presentation, although he might not sleep well behind his own Maginot Line tonight, and his dreams would be of Dr. Evil wielding an AI army!

Conversations resumed, and he began packing his gear. Once in the SUV, Cassie said, "I wish you'd told me all this a year ago. We wasted a lot of money on our Maginot Line in Katy and signed a two-year contract. We have no parameter sensors, nothing to deal with drones, and the cyber security at our house is pitiful, not to mention that KJ and I both use passwords on our home network I'd never use at work. We're idiots."

KJ agreed, but added. "That's true and I'm the worst offender by far. Not only that: I'll bet every one of my teammates and coaches is as guilty as I am!

"If I get the team to set it up at your convenience and pay you well, would you be willing to make a presentation to us? We've had the consultants come in, but they don't reach anyone - I believe you would."

"If, yes; but I'm about to get crazy busy again. Are you thinking a mini-camp or summer presentation?"

"Let me check and get back with you on that."

Cassie then said, "Erik, I think you and Johnny need to have a seminar on the security aspect; people get lazy. Maybe the AI and 'Deep Fake' stuff too. I'd heard about AI fakes, but that was shocking."

"The three of us will develop a plan and schedule it," Erik replied. "Now, what's for supper; I'm not in the mood to cook."

"You forgot that Danny and Wayne are cooking catfish and shrimp," Annika reminded him, "so all we have to do is show up and eat! After we eat, though, I need to work out. Too much seat time today!"

She got unanimous consensus on that proposal.

The onsite workout facility along the side of the garage consisted of a weight bench and some free weights and dumbbells, so they decided to use the facility alongside the training course.

Erik and Johnny partnered, the women worked together, but KJ worked alone. He was a workout beast, used heavier weights than they thought possible, and he was totally focused. Everyone left him to do his thing, except when he used Johnny and/or Erik as spotters, but Erik noticed all three women looked his way a lot.

"You ready for the fucking you and I are getting tonight?" he asked Johnny quietly.

"Yeah, I noticed too," he replied. "Kind of foreplay by proxy, right? But I get it; like you said in Katy, that dude is freaking Thor! Besides, I'm not so deluded that I think I look like that, or proud I won't accept Hanna's inflamed pussy, whatever the reason. I didn't after her experiences at Mardi Gras, and I won't tonight."

"Yeah, me either. Annika's, I mean. Although if you need help with Hanna's tonight, just send me a text."

"Oh, I will, and you feel free to do the same!" Johnny replied sarcastically.

"They are three hotties, aren't they? I'd make KJ that offer, but I'm not sure how to follow that."

They all ran the paths through and around the lighted course together until Cassie said she'd had enough, jogged a lap and stretched to cool down, then returned to the SUV. Wayne winked at Erik and quietly commented, "Nice workout. I'll bet you enjoy those," adding a slight nod toward the three women that were standing by the vehicle chattering.

"You know it!" Erik answered, and then said, "And I'll bet you and the other guys didn't mind watching." "Not one little bit," Wayne replied with a chuckle.

"Tomorrow, we learn about sonic attacks, and then engage in martial arts with these guys," Hanna said to Erik, gesturing around the course as a way to include the instructors and security team members in her statement. "That worries me; I've been using boxing for conditioning and Taekwondo for flexibility, but Bill said we're going to spar with them and learn how to strike and disable. I've never been good at the sparring part, and other than learning how to escape a rapist or attacker, I don't know anything about striking to disable, or whatever it is we're doing."

"Being one of 'these guys,' I'll address your concerns," Wayne interjected. "First of all, every experience you have in boxing or Taekwondo is a plus. We'll just add a few tricks to your repertoire that you hopefully will never use, but should continue to practice just in case. As to the sparring, that is just to get a measure of where you are in your training so we can decide what to add, or maybe correct if that's necessary."

"What about me? I'm a big clumsy football player who has always relied on size to win fights. I can rough and tumble, but I'm pretty sure Cassie could take me if it comes to martial arts!"

"Big yes, clumsy no. We'll most likely go right to Krag Mava with you, teach you a few disabling strikes and recommend you continue to get training when you can. Most humans aren't going to mess with you anyway, unless they are armed, which is another consideration we can address."

Hanna and KJ thanked him and said they were ready for tomorrow afternoon. He laughed at that and said, "I didn't say it would be easy, just that you all have the physical and mental abilities to succeed. You can thank me after the workouts, if you still want to!"

Erik's prediction came true. He and Johnny got another good workout that night, although their partners wouldn't admit it had anything to do with KJ.

Wayne was right on all counts as well. The sonic attack training was a breeze, since it mostly involved knowing signs to watch for and learning to use the equipment that would be available. The martial arts workout, however, was rough, tough, and tiring. The additional training was customized to the individual, and each left satisfied they had some serious new tools to use. They also knew they needed to develop them a whole lot better to take on their instructors.

They relaxed with a couple of beers and conversation in the hot tub, and then adjourned to shower and sleep. The house was quiet that night.

Johnny and Erik had a huge advantage over the others during the advanced weapons training, only lacking expertise in bomb making and placement, detection and disarming - which they would only do in the direst of circumstances anyway. "Get the hell out and call the bomb squad!" was the mantra of the instructors.

Erik's driver was waiting when he emerged with his travel bag, and they were approaching ABIA when the plane carrying his team leaders touched down. After exchanging texts, they waited in the cell phone lot until their luggage was secured, then picked them up in front of the terminal. They were grinning from ear to ear, coats folded over their arms.

"This is more like it, Mate!" Roddie exclaimed. "Minnesota winters aren't for a boy from the land down under!"

"Or a boy from the land of shamrocks and fairies," Sean added, before Karli chimed in, "Or even a girl from southern Michigan. This feels soooo good!"

They used the 45 minute car time to debrief the latest results from the module, and were greeted by Andi, Rhonda, and delicious smells from the kitchen, where Freddy had prepared a Tex-Mex meal that tasted as good as it smelled. No travel fatigue with these three; they had a lot to share and wanted to share as much as possible tonight.

Most Erik knew by his oversight of the team's work and the module at work, but there were some interesting tidbits he didn't know. Roddie's co-worker/ friend, Noah Brown, was arriving next Wednesday, and Sean's was arriving the day after.

Erik joked, "Shane O'Conner, huh? I'd have never guessed his country of origin had you not told me, Sean Finn."

Roddie chuckled and said, "If you were more familiar with Australia, you'd know Noah Brown is about as common down there."

"More common than Roddie Reardon?" Erik teased back. "Yes, but not by much," he replied.

****

They got the grand tour Friday morning and were stunned; none had ever seen anything like this. The workspace was sunny and airy feeling, with warm, productive colors predominant throughout the rooms and hallways of the ground floor. Like KJ, the deeper down they went the less comfortable Karli was, but Roddie and Sean were unaffected and wanted to explore the corridors leading away from the fourth floor's central rooms. Erik nixed that idea, explaining that his contract with the US government only allowed access to the rooms, not the corridors, which was a small price to pay for control of and exclusive access to the rest of the facility they built.

Their excitement mounted when he showed them the server room and described the measures taken to ensure no outside access. The SEAMM data would be accumulated and fully analyzed here.

They considered the omnipresent video cameras a necessary precaution, and appreciated the security provided by the EM field around the facility. The third floor café and sleeping quarters were a perk none had ever enjoyed before, as were the sleeping cubes between the R&D labs on second floor, where one could power nap as needed. Some had worked where there was a workout space before, but not like this, with state of the art equipment and floor covering.

"If you can't be productive here, you aren't meant for our world," Sean said in his Irish brogue, a statement with which Karli quickly agreed. "I was concerned about whether we could entice quality people, but anyone devoted to their profession and to saving the environment will appreciate this work and play space. The rows of solar panels on three sides of the complex, with vegetation and even vegetable crops growing between, and the parks, paths, and fields to the east - Wow! You guys did an amazing job!"

"I so want to take pictures to make my friends jealous," Roddie said, "but I understand. Being here gives new significance to the enormity of our work."

They spent the day exploring and making decisions about what and who should go where, with Erik deferring to their knowledge of the team members and equipment that would be arriving. Now that the module was at work, his role had transitioned to management, though he kept a close eye on things.

The text "In Bastrop - can't wait to see you!" arrived at 4:22. "Let's make our way back to the house so I can introduce you to some people you may not know, and talk with the friends arriving with them."

They knew Cassie, Johnny, and Hanna well, and Karli had met both. KJ and Annika, though, were shocks to the systems of the new men. Cassie introduced her husband, who wrapped Karli in a hug, and warmly shook hands with the two men. Annika politely hugged all three, and wrapped herself in Erik's arms after her introduction as his fiancée - something that hadn't happened in a long time.

Andi, Rhonda, Wayne, Eddie, Marcus, and Freddy stood to the side until Erik turned to them and said, "And this is the world's finest security team," before asking them to introduce themselves.

After introductions, Erik apologized for making them get back in the SUVs to go eat, but none was upset. They turned toward Smithville, where they frequently ate, but most missed the turn to the left at the airport, and no questions were asked until they climbed a tall hill and turned right at a Y.

"Where are you taking us?" Cassie asked, "I assumed we were going to Honey's or Pockets."

"There's this cool steakhouse at a tiny town named Winchester that we have to try. The natives insist it's the best food around the area, and I did have to make reservations a week ago to get a table for 15. I guess we'll see what they consider 'the best,' but I was told we had to try the steaks, catfish, shrimp, and onion rings."

The steakhouse was lodged in building built more than a century ago, parking was scarce, and there was a line out the door. The old building was cool, as were the period relics on the wall. It was loud in a 'families and friends having fun' way, and the food was as bountiful and as good as claimed.

"If this is an 8-ounce ribeye I'll dance on the table," Cassie proclaimed when her order was placed before her.

"Our chef measures by inches, not ounces," the cute young waitress told her with a giggle.

"Next time we'll know," Hanna said, "but I can already tell you I'll need a to go container. The waitress pointed to the stack along the west wall, and said, "Everyone does, Honey. Just tell me when."

KJ didn't need a to go container, and he ordered the 16-ounce T-bone that must have weighed twice that! But they did take a lot home for snacks - it was too good to leave!

Freddy and Rhonda were spending their off-duty weekend in Austin, and Andi and Eddie had moved to quarters in the security dorm before the three newbies arrived so they could stay in the house. Annika gave them the tour Erik hadn't the night before, including a brief visit to the underground complex and safe room, just in case. They were as impressed as everyone else who had seen it all.

Saturday the newbies went to the complex to make more decisions, but this time Angela, the interior designer, was meeting them.

Erik and Annika were cuddling and talking because she was flying back to Minneapolis on Sunday with Hanna, Johnny, and Cassie, and he was staying. KJ was flying to New York for a paid appearance at about the same time, so Wayne was driving them to the airport. The backup vehicle would be driven by Eddie and would include three others from the security force. Not that they were expecting trouble, but one never knows, does one?

They had a lazy day, if you don't include a workout that lasted over an hour, a walk that lasted longer than that, and the Greenlight Innovations A-Team meeting that ran over ninety minutes. There were no earth-shaking topics, but decisions got made that had been put off due to the need to bounce ideas off one another in person.

Annika used that time to read and study, as she had been doing whenever she had time. These were self-paced courses, but she enjoyed learning and was also striving for good grades.

Their love making was slow and languorous that night, and they got an early start by excusing themselves at 8:30, claiming fatigue. They enjoyed each other repeatedly, but still had time to get adequate sleep and enjoy a wonderful wakeup session.

A bountiful breakfast, a lazy stroll down to and along the river, and it was time to load up. Tears were shed in the privacy of the master suite, but they were in the Suburban at 10:30 with her gear. It would be a short work week, he told her, and he would fly up next Friday to spend the weekend with her and her family.

They were 30 minutes into what is normally a 45 minute run to the airport, but the traffic had reached stop-and-go status. They were just past Garfield, close to the COTA (Circuit of the Americas racetrack) exit, when the traffic came to a complete halt, for no reason they could see.

Wayne turned to Monty, the other security team member in the front passenger seat, and said, "I'm sure it's a wreck or something, but turn around and tell them where the weapons are anyway. Something feels off."

Erik knew the weapons were cached in hidden compartments under the seats, and he was already giving instructions to Johnny in the third row while opening the one under his seat. Monty turned around and gave them the "This is probably a wreck or malfunctioning light, but let's take no chances" talk when Erik interrupted, "We've opened the compartments. How do you want us to distribute the weapons? We're all proficient with these, except I'm the only one who has fired a grenade launcher, and this is the first XM5 I've seen."