All Comments on 'Long Drive Home'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 504 Comments (Page 5)
40fathoms40fathomsabout 2 years ago

Tried to post my feelings but it was rejected. Houra for your hero.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant! Even better the second time! Full Marks 5-Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Maybe the weak willed slut should have seen a psychiatrist before cheating to help her deal w/ her "fear" and "loneliness"? Gone to live w/ parents or at least talk lots to them? nah, all she needed was dick, weird, having one never ever solved any of my problems, fears etc. rk

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow!

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great revenge on the cheating skank wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

1st story? BULLSHIT!!! This is the work of an accomplished master story teller. Just about perfect in every way. Grammer, punctuation, syntaxes. And a realistic response from a someone with testosterone running through their veins.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

Very well done, flowed flawlessly and effortless to read, unlike some others where the bad grammar can slow the reader down, and really make them work hard to understand it, then get pissed-off with complaints! But NO such worries here, beautifully written, stylishly executed. Many thanks for a job well done!

R.S.

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

Thanks I enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Like it or not, parental child abduction as portrayed here is a felony on both the state and federal levels. The son will remain subject to detention and extradition back to the state in which the abduction occurred until his eighteenth birthday. The husband will be subject to arrest and extradition for the rest of his life. There is no statute of limitations for child abduction charges. That's a long time to look over your shoulder.

Rustyy_nutRustyy_nutalmost 2 years ago

Would have liked for the lieutenant to be waiting on the plane but all in all good story.

Rustyy_nutRustyy_nutalmost 2 years ago

For anonymous it's only kidnapping after he loses primary custody,till then he can do what he wants. Now false identity is another matter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sweet revenge!

bookmadcatbookmadcatalmost 2 years ago

well written, easy to read and a good plot. To anonymous, this is FICTION set in the author's universe with his rules, maybe you can find a grown up to explain the difference between fact and fiction

carvohicarvohialmost 2 years ago

I read this years ago and gave it a five. I have now subsequently read it, and would still five it except!

Eric is clinically sick. I imagine, after what he's been through he kills without remorse or compassion. The boy Randy is his wife's child. Every time Eric will look at the boy he will be reminded of Amanda. Some day he will make Randy pay. I believe the boy is in great danger.

Moreover, I am sure, in spite of what the author has said, the boy will remember his mother. He will ask questions. There will be tension. If the boy reaches adulthood, he will most certainly want to find closure. If he finds his mother Randy will most assuredly grow to despise his father.

Eric, though a veteran and perhaps a hero, is essentially a coward. He was afraid to face his unfaithful wife. If he's man enough to kill he should have been man enough to face Amanda live and in the flesh. And if anyone asserts he ran away from that confrontation because he might have killed her, then how much worse will it be for Randy?

It's an excellent story. Thank God it's just a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked it. I found it to be an enjoyable read, as it flowed nicely, and moved along at a good pace that kept the reader involved. To those other commenters the opposite of this story is "Now it ends". Both have a cheating wife, and both seem to parallel the husband leaving the wife and moving on. The differences are in the body of the story.

I gave it 5 stars, as it was an original take (for the most part) on a cheating wife story. Yes the wife was cheating with a co-worker, but that seems to be the norm around in this forum.

JRandyJJRandyJalmost 2 years ago

5 stars, good read good revenge. The comments were very entertaining. I didn't know so many law experts were reading LW stories on this site. Yet none of them know the meaning of he word FICTION. Carvohi, I have read a lot of your work on this site and enjoyed it. Your comment about Randy being in grave danger when he grows up. There is no RANDY. Except Me!

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

The comments below by site writer carvohi are amusing. Very amusing since that writer specializes in wimp Mc and expects all,meN to accept straying and forgive the wonderful little wifey for all her foibles. The truth is little kids are extremely resilient and a lifetime of positive living will not force a confrontation or any reckoning.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Excellent BTB!!!!

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Ha ha ha... Carvohi's comments are absolutely hilarious. One of this site's notorious writers of weak and/or cucky male MC's is bothered by this story. Big surprise there. In spite of Randy's mother being a worthless cheating whore, that's Eric's son. He'll never be in danger from his own father but Carvohi engages in some world class pearl clutching over the idea. One of the best BTB stories on this site, I often come back to re-read it after the all too common cuck stories in the LW category. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The way the guy is portrayed, he is a loose cannon. His son will become just another misogynistic American who wants to shoot anyone who comes within his gun sights.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

Too “over the top”. Eric is not quite all there. Probably severe PTSD coupled with anger issues. Randy in in serious danger.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

Damn Carvohi, tell us who snipped your balls off? Others have stated you're one of the biggest beta cuck apologists on here. I gotta wonder how far would a woman go in betraying and disrespecting you before you'd man up and did something about it.

This story is excellent, those who hate it, well what can I say. Don't you have cream pies to consume?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Burn the Bitch

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

It's sort of funny people talking about the child's welfare. In the US child welfare means absolutely NOTHING democrats throw around child welfare to justify fucking over the husband. And even though his remedy was fucking stupid in the extreme as in burning down the house it was very symbolic.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

This was a huge pile. Two very unwell people, people who clearly needed some help. Excessive cruelty often times is indicative of the writer having some things not wired right between their ears.

I'll be honest the only ones who could find this more than 2 stars are the little limp dicked pseudo-Alphas who get off on the mistreatment of women...generally cons who think everyone else is dumb as shit and have a fools mouth, but thankfully its their ideology that welcomes something else in their mouths

Trash story, worthless and aimed at the lowest common denominator in the BTB. This is the BTB version of a by the numbers cuck story.

I dont know if you got any better, I certainly hope so, as some other crappy writers did improve as they went along. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And that, kiddies, is how you end up in jail for arson, kidnapping, revenge porn, etc.

Look, I like a good revenge fic. I do. But this was just stupid bullshit.

I really wish these writers would quit it with the husband-suing-the-company bullshit. It was stupid when the first LW author used it, and it's just gotten stupider now, decades later.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

just like the dumb assed comment from the idiot made 5 days ago. people sue companies everyday, most are settled out of court. And i guess you dont see the missing kids on bill boards and milk cartons everyday dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was way too disgusting! While I understand the clamouring for BTB by most of the male readers here ( who most likely have been as unfaithful as the cunt in the story)…

Eric brought himself down to the lowest level of piss and washed away any sympathy I may have had for him by taking away a child from his mother!! That in Gods eyes is a sin beyond redemption! I pity what will be the condition of. A child raised by a man who has mentally lost his balance!!

DFW…that was a pathetic show! Negat BZ!

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

I would just like to say to all the nit pickers out there THIS IS FICTION.

To the author nice one and to those who think his punishment was too harsh you obviously haven't had a bitch wife cheat on [yet].

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

Holy shit people...This is just a story. You don't need to call 911 - there was not a real kidnapping. Geesh...

All this is, is a story about fantasy revenge. 9 times out of 10, if the husband did what all of you weirdos suggested, faced his wife and legally filed for divorce do you know what would have happened? The cheating cunt Mandy would have been awarded the kid, alimony and child support and Eric would have been lucky to see his kid twice a week...that is, until the kid is a teenager and doesn't want to "waste" every weekend at dad's house when his friends all live around his home with mom. So, dad would be relegated to maybe 4 fucking days a month while he continues writing checks and his ex-wife brings home dude after dude to fuck her good and plenty. If you know any divorced women, more often than not she and her new man will wait to get married, they'll live together like a married couple, but they won't actually get married because then the child support AKA free money stops. Men get fucking railroaded 9 times out of 10 even when the wife is a serial cheater piece of shit.

So, you tell me how fucking "fair" that is for the man? This is a story of fiction and I'm sure any male reading this story who has had an unfaithful wife while they were performing their duty as a faithful and loving husband and father could tell you this is a fantasy for people like them who've been destroyed by an unfaithful wife.

Janrene3Janrene3over 1 year ago

Norseman123

Thankfully it is fiction. Still, it IS over the top stealing ALL the money AND burning the House down.

I know: it’s a BTB story - I just hope No one gets too inspired.

Thanx for the story to author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

that not a revenge story that jut being cruel written by an unhappy person

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Way way over the top revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the best non-physical revenge on this site! I imagine her ending up in a psych ward rocking in restraints, mumbling quietly: “my baby, my baby, my baby”. Just a small preview of what awaits when she finally dies. Spending eternity in anguish looking up at him, with their son, his new wife, the new children he has. Knowing that it could have been her happy family if she had chosen better!

ZK

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

Maybe all Military wives need to read this story before they marry a serviceman. Then read it again every so often. It should have the desired effect to help her keep her legs together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would have loved to hear the aftermath from Mandy's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As a Soldier of 23 years…. I think the bitch got EXACTLY what she deserved.

Tho I would of followed up with the pictures on Mother’s Day, her birthday and the day after Christmas.

I wish I would of had the balls to do what this Captain did.

Instead I just divorced her cheating ass and was lucky to get primary custody.

Two weeks before she died of brain cancer she called…. Only to keep saying she was sorry over and over and over and over again… I didn’t say five words to her.

Life. It really sucks sometimes.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

After 15 yars of service, I das 5*.

And I ally myself with OdessaLes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What happened when he met up with the Lieutenant?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow quite a BTB. The fact she went back to the asshole is just beyond. Of course the burn is too harsh but that is the point of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The punishment fit the crime.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"He knows. Oh God please no! Please no!" - If him knowing would bother her so much, then why do it?

\

"before he decided on whether to pursue any possible legal actions." - There aren't any legal actions that he can pursue. A company's internal policies are its own business. The only possible problem that can arise is if they apply them unfairly.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Loved It!! Great Story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I THINK HIS REVENGE WAS A LITTLE ROUGH. LET HER COME HOME TO AN EMPTY HOUSE FOR A WHILE. ALSO, THEY MUST HAVE HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE SO SHE SHOULD BE GETTING A NICE CHECK AT SOME POINT.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

J'ai adoré cette histoire.

DonKddDonKddover 1 year ago

Anonymous 16 days ago- with "cheating slut" burned into the yard it wouldn't be too hard to prove arson and you may not know this but yeeeaaahh, insurance doesn't pay when it's arson...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A mason builds a life from the raw soil upwards.

Fu@!in A! Fu@!in Fu@! insurance and all that crap! Leave it all behind and start living again!

Who the Fu@! needs insurance, it's the Future that Counts. May the Force be with Marcus!

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

One of the most brutal BTB on the site

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hate to rain on you btb fanatics, but your hero being in the military will be his undoing. It won’t be hard to ring up a laundry list of charges, including kidnapping, child endangerment putting other people’s homes and lives at risk with an uncontrolled burn, etc. with all the felony charges, it would be a matter of time narrowing down a international flight arrivals with a man and child, The military would help authorities with all known contacts, dna, the works. A follow up story of the consequences of revenge and how responding to stupidity with evil puts the wheels of karma against you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best ever.

I can't get over the commenters who believe that interpol, the fbi or any government authority would be on the lookout for a guy who committed a one time property crime. US statute of limitation on arson is ten years, so if he stays overseas until his son graduates high school he can come back anytime he wants. If Mandy files for insurance on the house, she would possibly face fraud charges as the house was burned intentionally. And lastly, several people seem to think that the son would turn his father in for stealing him from someone he has never known. At 2 years old he won't have even a vague idea of who she is. Eric's new wife would be the only mother he had ever known. Let alone having Ben raised by a man who was seeking to be everything his own father was not. The thought that that could happen is lightyears more farfetched than any aspect of the story.

Wait, 1 more thing. Someone wondered how Eric had a job overseas. Has that idiot never heard of "Blackwater" or any of the other private security forces that hire ex military? And they tend to pay those guys a buttload of money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yikes! That's a burn alright...

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Great Story, Great Writing! Great BTB ending for all of our Troops that have gone to the sandbox to come home to a used pussy cheating wife. For you complainers out there. This is just a story. 5 stars to the writer. Good job, Great effort. thanks, #Buster2U

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Best and most deserved BTB ever.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Awesome retribution!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoy a good revenge story but this one was over the top. I get it that the protagonist was hurt badly but destroying everything they had worked on, stealing her money, and taking their child isn't legal or moral. He has lost the moral high ground. This goes into the same category as sending the ex to work in a Mexican whorehouse or murdering them. Divorce her, send some photos if you want, try to get custody of the child.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
Ten Years Old

...and still drawing a flurry of comments. Although DFW delivered a top-notch story, the comments (new and old) are probably more entertaining. To quote the sage Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

To DFW: thankyou for your many years of contributing excellent and thought-provoking stories to Lit. Hope you have the energy to return to active writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sub par for this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love this story so very much! If I’m having a bad day, upset at the injustice in this world, I can reread the story of the hero who destroyed the evil princess raised by the wicked dragon. I feel hope again that their are good, honorable, decent men who care about Truth, and Justice. It would be great if this was made into a movie by someone who understands REAL men.

ZK

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh I loved this one, what a BTB story that was, pity it doesn’t happen more frequently, but as a story not bad,

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 1 year ago

I read this story, twice, before responding. Mandy, if she uses a half ounce of brains, can locate her vindictive ex-husband. Also, any decent police department can follow Eric/Marcus, as his fingerprints haven't changed. Neither has his facial recognition. Why he didn't just divorce the cheating cunt is beyond me. If he thinks any court will grant a divorce while he is cavorting with a cute Lieutenant at some faraway beach, he's nuts. Sad story all around.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT12 months ago

Still coming back every once in a while for one of the all-time best stories posted in this category ...

NoMartyrs22NoMartyrs2212 months ago

@Justplainjeff

Very valid points but there is a bit of precedence to it (for a fictional stroy that it). The story seems to portray Eric as kind of a Black Ops operative (cliché, I know) so that could mean he has friends in high and low olaces that owe him favors as evident from the kid with the baseball cap and can provide them with a way out of the country discreetly.

Also, as for the police investigation or even a PI, if Eric goes a country that gas no extradition treaty with the US, then Mandy is f****.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Could use a second part.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Haha but isn’t it impossible to write a story like this unless they have certain skills/connections? I mean if you tried to make it realistic - wife cheats gets all their money, custody of children and gets off with support for the rest of her life.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Gee, life is swell when you are above the law. Just a holiday.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

FANFUCKINGTASTIC! Having spent some time in the service and seeing the absolute destruction rained on some of my shipmates receiving "Dear John" letters, and others confronted by the wife's infidelity (and even new baby bumps) when returning after a nine month tour overseas, I really enjoyed this story. Ladies, if you can't keep your knees together when hubby is gone, then don't get married. Cheating on a serviceman when he is overseas is despicable behavior. This story may be cruel, but is fully justified. So she has to start over; so does hubby. I see justice done in this story. Maybe a criminal penalty for cheating wives of servicemen is in order. How about five years in a Mexican whorehouse! Loved the story. Well done. 5*.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

At least, this is the way things should go.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Had a bit of problem with the writing at the start. However, one hell of a different slant story. My relatively rare 5 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An instant classic. I will be going over all the Beast's work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Now this is how it's done. It's also a lot more realistic than some I have read. Sure there are ways to track him down, but he left her ass not just broke but in debt as fuck. The police could try to follow up, but their case would come up cold once he passed into international waters. The Letter agencies that give a shit would only work on it if there were extradition laws in place. Completely realistic. If you disagree, just know that earlier I read a story where a guy cut the throats of his wife and her lover and slipped them into a septic tank, and lived happily ever after. So again, this one is realistic.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent... most other LW authors would do well to read this and learn...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written. Scorching burn.

orneryonezorneryonez7 months ago

Eric is one damn sicko... he should spend eternity being flogged daily with the Cat Of Nine Tails. Fancy believing he was lord and master over his wife!!!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

This one didn't connect with me.

lerenardruselerenardruse6 months ago

Wow, that really was a BTB story, damn.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Damn I was going to say he went too far until I read the part about his son calling another man 'dada' and Mandy pulling that child into bed so she and her love could comfort him. Had that not happened this would have been too extreme, but it did happen...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That was one of the harshest revenge jobs I have ever read. Did he go too far, yes but considering his background, what he does for a living, and the people and things you know when you have his skill set, it is not shocking considering he also has PTSD which is a major bitch to deal with day in and day out. I would have thought he would realize that even though that baby is his son, running off with a child and going overseas with PTSD is a huge mistake.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Feel really uncomfortable about this story. There's a part of me that's saying he went way too far especially the removing his son to another country and there's a part of me going she deserved what happened. Because I'm conflicted it's made me uncomfortable with the story and my reactions. But it's a well written piece. BardnotBard

NRBonzNRBonz6 months ago

Reluctant score of ***** stars. Good story but really was too close to home. Buddy of mine from 'nam era received a package of pics from the asshole in CONUS screwing his wife. Soon as his feet touched ground back state side he went AWOL and back to his home state. Once there, he confronted his wife and her black lover and shot both of them along with his mother-in-law. He used a 1911 45 so never much doubt of the outcome. He then disappeared never to be heard from again.

Where did you think mercenaries come from?

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Buster been using that .45 1911 for a long time. Based on the number of stories he’s posted, I think he’s back.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As someone who saw the elephant more than once….

BRAVO!

Five stars times the amount of our dead.

Fuck people who fuck around on their spouse when they are deployed. And for the other have of the fucker…. Slow painful death is too damn good for them….

Yep I came home to a total fucking….

2005 and just now getting my shit together….. but that MF’er will never have a hard dock and the nine years was worth it…

And fuck you VA…

usaretusaret5 months ago

WOW! Hardcore.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good for her, soldiers are there to be cucked. They do enough of it themselves when overseas, and no don't try to pretend that they have any kind of moral compass.

Mandy should check she didn't get an sti from her husband, as I'm sure they have diseased whore's in Afghanistan.

SignedBTWSignedBTW5 months ago

Re: Anon Jus Below Me

Might be a good thing you posted that bs as an anon, otherwise you'd probably have a few folks looking to see if you had the balls to say the same thing to their faces. My guess is you'd just shit your diaper. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Could have had a great story, but all the characters with the connections and wealth and other superhero capabilities make these stories too far out there. Kind of easy to write the story that way, but we need better stories with realistic characters who can successfully work through the crap dumped on them by the cheaters and scumbag Predators out there. Stories they give people hope that they could succeed and survive in a situation like this without all the hyped-up connections and abilities. Please....

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

THAT is how to write a BTB story...would give 10 stars or more.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really a wonderful "fuck the bitch back" story. I realize it's hard for a spouse living months on end without the other due to military needs. But she should've/ could've talked to somebody, maybe even confided in her husband. 5 stars; only thing missing- her "side" of the story. Won't correct the wrong, but would give a more complete picture. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What is wrong with divorce. It works well and is a good response to the brutality that some people seem to enjoy. Brutality suggests a social problem that doesn't make us sound normal.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA4 months ago

Her father was correct as she was selfish beyond words and so needy at being the center of attention. It is very difficult being married and deployed for a year or more. We had a support for spouses and it helped. Of course being too weak honor the vows was always there for some wives and husbands. I was not married while serving. I felt it was too risky and pointless. Eric's reaction was hard to gauge as there wasn't enough information on what he was into but I do know some married guys who went overseas after infidelity. Hopefully he is not putting himself in too much"harms way" as a single parent. This story is similar to another that I read and is actually not as over the top. Maybe Mandy will use this lesson to grow up or just blame her mother....

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cheat on a military man while he is harms way is an unforgivable sin. She got off easy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Now that is a harsh revenge. Not that it wasn’t deserved.

Arkie77Arkie774 months ago

Love this story. Definitely needs a sequel. So much left in store for the cheating hag.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What an awful start for a guy who became a fairly decent author. This one really, really sucks out loud!

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

Would've preferred an epilogue to show her eventual pain. Still, the execution was supremely well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

First class suck!! It’s kidnapping and that is never justified unless in the case of child abuse.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

BTB with a vengeance! Great story, the only sab part is that the grandparents will miss out on enjoying their grandson.

alan_deealan_deeabout 2 months ago

That's what amber alerts was created for. With the knowledger he was going overseas how many young males would be travelling alone with a baby at the airport. Most likely only the one who just kidnapped his son.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...