All Comments on 'Long Drive Home'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 504 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

If you think amber alerts would find this kid quick enough to matter you are delusional. Almost half a million kids disappear in the US every year, then add in the protagonist's connections and he won't be found ever.

ImshakenImshakenabout 2 months ago

The end result of the affair seems a bit unrealistic but was definitely enjoyable.

doctrptdoctrpt15 days ago

Amber Alerts are frequently too slow to be issued (typically taking 3 hours to gather information and made the determination of a need for an Amber Alert). Most kids who are abducted and murdered are murdered within the first three hours of abduction (FBI). Missing information and the child being found already are the two largest segment reasons for a denied Amber Alert. I'm not being rude, but please KNOW what you are talking about before you post such ridiculous things about Amber Alerts success rate. Many of the failures of the system don't show because of the denials of system services or a lack of required information to even begin the Amber Alert process.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

I don't blame Eric for how he reacted to his wife's affairs but I think burning down the house & taking their kid overseas away from his mom & grandparents was a bit excessive. Sell the house and split the profit. During the divorce present the evidence and argue for sole or joint custody. Also don't get her fired from her job. She'll need to be able to survive. Do go after the company with the proviso she keeps her job & sue the lover. Judges don't like spouses who screw around when their husband or wife is deployed in a combat zone. Judges also dislike clowns who have affairs with military spouses.

I read another story (supposedly an actual one) online somewhere where the female judge was a vet and went 'ape shit' with the spouse and her lover. The lover ended up in jail for contempt of court because of something negative he said about vets while testifying. The wife lost the house, custody of their kids & any alimony.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...