Long Term Affair - Consequences

Story Info
Husband's turn to hand out the consequences for her affair.
5.4k words
3.85
133k
124
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CindyTV
CindyTV
1,930 Followers

Over a year ago, DaysEase told us a great two-part story from the wife's perspective: https://www.literotica.com/s/long-term-affair-the-beginning - I tried contacting DaysEase for permission to continue the story, but never received a response.

Because this is a sequel to DaysEase story, I tried to maintain the same writing style, and with FTDS in mind I couldn't let this adulteress get away with her hubris. The way Stacey disrespected her husband Steven, the clueless and unwilling cuckold in the story, and gloated in her own delusion made me sick. I felt like someone had to stand up for the husband and balance the scales.

If you're looking for a BTB story, you might not want to read this. Sometimes there can be a happy ending without mass destruction

Special thank you to KenD for his editing skills and suggestions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We begin this story where the wife's story left off...

Greg and Stacey have just finished their morning fuck session without a thought for their faithful spouses, returning back to the real world after spending three nights together.

Karma Arrives

After their morning fuck session, the happy, guiltless couple walked hand in hand to the elevator and exchanged one last kiss before leaving their alternate world. In their other life, they became loving spouses. The perfect husband and wife who gave all their love, body and soul to their partners. They rejoiced knowing how generous they were by giving themselves so freely and completely to their spouses. They enjoyed knowing that this alternative world would never overlap with their faithful life at home.

Over the last year, they developed an alternate state of mind which allowed them to enjoy their affair without guilt or thoughts of their family. After all, they deserved each other and were too smart to allow this alternate reality to become part of their real world and loving family life. They had become true narcissists, never caring about the feelings of others or worrying about the consequences while separated from their everyday lives.

As the elevator doors closed, they let go of each other's hands. Descending into the lobby, they felt themselves returning to their other reality as thoughts of their children and partners reentered their minds. Life was great, and always better after spending time with their work-spouse in their make-believe world.

As they stepped off the elevator and headed towards the front desk, they were approached by two well-dressed men, stopping them in the middle of the lobby.

"Greg Carson?" the older man asked. A second later, the younger man standing in front of Stacey asked, "Stacey Jones?"

Both stood there confused, nodding and answering "Yes" at the same time.

The men handed each of them a thick manila envelope and said, "You've been served." Stacy and Greg stood there shocked as they watched as the two men quietly walked away, leaving them speechless.

Stacey opened her envelope and saw the words - divorce decree. Tears came to her eyes while Greg opened his envelope and found his own divorce documents. Both sets of documents listed adultery as the reason for the divorce. Realizing they were still standing in the middle of the lobby, they quickly walked over to a nearby couch and pulled out the rest of the paperwork. Stacey sobbed as she felt her alternate world suddenly collide with the real world.

Greg was angry at first and couldn't believe this was happening. No tears came to his eyes, but then a feeling of horror gripped him at the thought of losing his wife and children, as his own alternate world collided with the real world. This should never have happened; these two worlds were never supposed to collide.

Stacey was incoherent and just cried out, "Oh my God, he can't do this. He can't leave me, I love him. Steven's my life and the only man I love. He has to know that this was just sex and some fun, but how am I going to explain that? Oh my God, how could I have been this stupid?"

Then she saw the envelope addressed to her and slowly took it out with trembling hands. Tears streamed down her face as she took out the folded paper, and that's when his wedding ring fell onto her lap, making her gasp. She felt more pain at that moment than any other time in her life. She cried out, "How could this be happening?"

Greg also pulled out an envelope containing a dozen photos of their debauchery and their affair. The photos were clear and incriminating. He knew he was screwed and that his wife would have his balls on a platter for this.

Slowly they both realized they had betrayed their spouses in the worst possible way, and they felt lower than whale shit for the first time since the affair began. And now they realized that their alternate world did collide, and that their actions might actually have consequences.

While Stacey sat in shock, Greg showed her some of the photos. She stared at them wide-eyed, realizing how their affair would affect her life. For the first time, she started to understand the pain Steven must have felt when he saw them making love in those photos. She was devastated because she knew she had hurt her wonderful husband.

For the first time since her affair, she was thinking about Steven and her pain and guilt overwhelmed her. The tears and her sobbing now drew the stares of others in the lobby. When her tears finally calmed, she read his letter.

Stacey,

Your betrayal, lies, and deceit were the most painful things I've ever experienced. The loss of my mother was hard and sad, but it pales in comparison to the pain you caused in my soul. The way you so easily lied to me on Saturday was cruel. When you left the next morning without saying goodbye or giving me our usual kiss, I knew you didn't love or need me anymore.

The children haven't stopped crying and your parents are inconsolable. When I dropped them off at your mom's house, they saw me crying. They are such loving people, and they tried to console me while I told them how you have fallen in love with Greg. I only wish I knew what made you give your love to another man. I would have moved heaven and earth to prevent that and save our marriage and your love. If only you had been honest with me, I would have done anything to save us, because I loved you that much.

When I discovered you were in love with my best friend, somehow the pain and betrayal became even more painful. Since the day I found out about this, I have become a broken man, full of self-doubt. Knowing our marriage is over, I plan to rebuild my confidence and find a good woman to love and cherish. One who will be faithful to me and not betray me as you have done so callously.

When you come home, you'll see that I've moved out and the girls are at your parents' house. I put our house on the market, hoping that it will sell quickly. You can have everything left in the house, because I don't want anything to remind me of you and your contempt for me and our marriage.

I hope you find what you're looking for in another man, and perhaps it will be with your lover, my ex-friend Greg. He too will be moving on once his divorce is final. I handled our divorce fairly and we'll have joint custody of the girls. Please just sign the divorce papers and don't fight this. I cannot have you in my life any longer because my heart can't bear to see you and experience the hurt you have generously dumped on me. I still love you, and that has made this so much more difficult. I wish I could hate you, but maybe that will come with time. You can contact me through my attorney, but please don't call or text. I won't speak to you again. Goodbye." - Steven

Stacey's New Reality

That was the moment when my mind snapped back to reality and everything became clear. It took that letter from my husband to make me realize that I had been a selfish bitch, a cheating slut, and a woman I'd loathe if it were anyone else. He thinks I love Greg, but no, I never loved him. He can't believe that. I have to let him know he's the only man I want.

It was clear that there was no alternate world, and I was just another cheating wife who thought she was smart and deserved whatever she wanted, with no regard for my wonderful husband and children. A middle-aged fool who needed some excitement, which may have ended my wonderful marriage.

I remember how I lied to Steven that day, and never even felt guilty. I was so self-centered and only cared about myself, and hurt him in the worst way. How did I let this happen? I needed to fix this, but I have no idea how to even start. Hell, I lied to his face and cheated on him for so long. How can I convince him to forgive me? What a fucking fool I've been. He has to talk to me and I need to see him. If nothing else, he has to know that he's the only man I love.

I looked over at the man of my undoing and in a sad voice said, "Greg, I made a big mistake and I may have lost the only man I ever loved. I hate myself for what I did and I need to fix this. You and I are over and we can never be together again. I'm leaving now. Please take your own cab to the airport. I need to be alone and figure things out. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Trisha already kicked me out and changed the door locks. I'll have to find a place to stay and beg her to forgive me."

"Greg, do you think they will take us back?"

"Hell, after being his best friend and doing what I've done to his wife? I wouldn't take you back and I'm sure my wife feels the same way about me. He's probably going to kick my ass for what I did to him and I deserve it. We have a long road ahead of us and I don't think it's going to be easy to get them back, if it's even possible."

At that moment, his cell phone rang and the caller-id showed that it was Justin Kirby, SVP from his office. As soon as he said, "Hello?", the screaming began. Even Stacey could hear the one-sided conversation a few feet away from Greg.

Justin had received copies of the photos, along with a one-million-dollar lawsuit against the company. Justin made it clear that Greg wouldn't be employed when he arrived back at the office the next morning.

While Greg was still listening to Justin, Stacey's phone dinged signaling a new email. Opening the email, she was surprised to see it was from her HR department, telling her to come to the office for a 9 a.m. meeting tomorrow. Not only were their marriages and future unraveling, but it appears as if both of their careers were also headed for a rocky ending.

Silently, they sat and reflected on the last fifteen minutes of their lives. How could their perfect world turn to shit in the blink of an eye? Stacey and Greg now understood that their actions can have consequences. Their hubris and selfishness came back to them in the form of an epic karmic event.

One Week Earlier

Steven was heart-broken when he confirmed the affair between his best friend and Stacey. Greg had been his friend since fourth grade and trusted him with his life. Stacey was his first true love, and he was a devoted husband and lover. Steven was enjoying a happy life where his whole world revolved around Stacey and their two teenage daughters. Their happiness, love and security were all he ever needed.

Their family life seemed perfect. The children were happy, doing well in school and even getting scholarships to universities. He always thought their sex life was great because Stacey never complained and often told him he was the best lover a girl could ask for. His world was perfect... until it wasn't.

Steven Becomes Suspicious

On Saturday I overheard a strange phone conversation she was having with Greg in our bedroom. The conversation I overheard were things that a wife wouldn't say to another man, certainly not to my best friend. I began to piece little things together over the past few months, and suddenly became concerned and anxious about the implications. I spent the afternoon replaying her words in my head, thinking about her sexual excitement before her trips, which I always thought was for us because we would be apart. I knew I had to ask her about what I had heard and share my feelings, just like we've always done before.

It was on that Sunday when I confronted her. After lunch, I asked her about Greg and the conversation I overheard. She told me that I must have misunderstood what she said, because she would never flirt or talk that way to another man, but as she said that, I saw that little twitch - her "tell' when she's not telling the truth. I knew she was lying to my face, and she must have seen it in my eyes because she immediately leaned over and kissed me and told me how much she loved me. The pain I felt was terrible, but I forced myself to stay calm.

When I told her that I hadn't misunderstood their conversation and how I felt about it, she became angry and called me childish. This was uncharacteristically cold for her. In previous difficult situations, she was always loving, understanding and never showed anger at my concerns. Now she was blaming my feelings on insecurity and jealousy. Yes, I was sure that something was wrong.

What hurt even more, was finding out she was having an affair with Greg and how easily she could lie to my face. The deceit and contempt were the final actions that I knew would end our marriage. Had she told the truth at that moment, we still might not have made it, but I would have respected her and tried to work it out. But the way she acted and so casually dismissed me was too much to live with. She wasn't the woman I had married, nor was she the same mother who had raised our teenage girls. Now she was nothing more than a selfish adulteress who cared for no one but herself.

The next day, I called Greg's wife, Trisha, and asked her if we could meet. We met for lunch that same afternoon, and I told her about the conversation I overheard, all the changes I had noticed over the last few months, and how I had caught Stacey in a lie. Of course, I had no real proof, but I knew something was going on. Trisha confirmed my suspicions, as she too was going through similar changes with Greg.

We decided to team up to find out exactly what was going on. During this time, we both played the unsuspecting spouse. We hired a private investigator and retained an attorney as a precaution to make sure any evidence we gathered was legal. Without going into detail about how it was done, the PI was able to collect audio recordings and photos of them in compromising situations in the same week, for a hefty fee. In fact, it seemed the cheating couple wasted no time and were together almost immediately after checking into their hotel. Because of the extra money we paid the PI, the first incriminating evidence came quickly. By the end of the day Tuesday, we had video of Stacey spending Monday night in Greg's hotel room, an audio recording from their breakfast conversation the next morning, and photos of the couple kissing and holding hands.

It was painful to listen to their betrayal and see the images of the love they shared. Both Trisha and I cried when we realized that the marriages we thought were forever were coming to an abrupt and unexpected end. We held each other on her living room couch and cried for each other, for our children, and for the death of many years of love.

Once we stopped crying, the anger returned. We put our plan together, and with the help of our attorney, PI, and the process servers, we staged the final act at their hotel. Knowing their itinerary and that they would be together when Stacey and Greg left the hotel, the timing worked out perfectly.

While she was away that week, I acted quickly. Since the house deed was in my name, I was able to put the house up for sale. It was a hot real estate market and I knew it would sell quickly. On Thursday, I moved out with everything the girls and I needed and into an apartment with a six-month lease. We would find a home after things settled down and the apartment would serve our needs for the short term.

Knowing how she was cheating, and trying to act normal when we talked every night was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Telling the girls that their mother was in love with another man and because of that, we were getting a divorce, was the second hardest thing I ever did. I loved this woman for all those years, and to see her throw it away so easily broke my heart. We all cried together until we had no tears left to cry.

Stacey's mother and father weren't happy and begged me to reconsider the divorce and try counseling. They knew how much we loved each other and how hard this would be on the family. I listened to them politely and finally told them I'd consider their suggestions, even though I knew full well I didn't want her back.

Greg's wife Trisha was apoplectic, and wanted to crucify Greg in the worst way possible for seducing his best friend's wife and destroying two marriages. She was out for blood, and with the evidence of adultery, she had exactly what she needed. This wasn't the first time she had caught Greg with another woman. After his previous affair, she had gotten him to sign a postnuptial agreement giving her the house, child support, alimony, and seventy percent of their finances if he ever cheated again in exchange for staying together. Greg was going to pay dearly for his cheating over the next twelve years.

Stacey Returns Home

Stacey raced home only to find an empty home. Steven's closet was empty and all his things were gone. So, he had indeed moved out. She ran to the children's room and found that their clothes and belongings were gone as well. Only her items and furniture were left behind. Then she noticed that the family oil painting they adored was hanging crooked on the wall. When she looked closer, she noticed that her head was cut out of the canvas. Anyone near the house probably heard her cries of pain as she ran from room to room screaming, " No, No No." In her delusion, she hadn't anticipated the damage and pain that a colliding world would bring. This was never supposed to happen.

She called her parents and received an unexpectedly cold response from her mother, telling Stacey in no uncertain terms that her father and she were disappointed, angry and shocked that the girl they raised could turn out to be so cold and heartless.

"Mom, I know I messed up, but I have to talk to him. Can you please tell me where Steven and the girls are?"

"Listen to me," her mother said. "Leave the poor man alone. I've never seen him so upset and in so much pain. The girls are here with us. Stacey, he loved you so much, and your girls are devastated. Dad and I comforted him as he cried for hours along with the girls. You destroyed a good man and I won't let you hurt him any more than you already have. Why don't you just call your boyfriend and have him comfort you?" she said hanging up on her daughter.

Stacey fell on her bed sobbing for hours before falling asleep. When she woke up later that night, she found that the front door was still open, she hadn't changed her clothes, and she was still crying. The crushing guilt and pain she had caused everyone finally caught up with her.

Causing Steven so much pain was something she would never consciously do, but she realized she had hurt him in the worst way. And for what? For having a little sex with Greg? Making it worse, she didn't love Greg and only got caught up in the action and excitement. She knew better, but she let the affair continue, and now she knew that everything that happened was her fault. The loss of her husband, her family's respect, Greg and Trisha's divorce, and her children's pain, were all because she didn't just say no and keep her legs closed. She needed to find her husband to take away the pain she had caused. She desperately wanted Steven to hold her and forgive her. Life without him was unimaginable.

CindyTV
CindyTV
1,930 Followers
12