All Comments on 'Looking for Daniel Mason'

by Mandy01

Sort by:
  • 205 Comments (Page 3)
dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Page 1 says they were planning their 15th anniversary and he left for 4 years before being found by Jason. So, she is marrying at 19 or 18?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

Good colloquial line... "Happily ever after had blown a tire or two"

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

very well written.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@ zk Australia does not have civil rights like the USA do a little homework before yapping on.

To Mandy, too drawn out and a few errors but overall a fun read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well it was interesting until the meeting in the cabin after the meeting, including up through and past the wedding. But then the wheels came off.

Author needed an editor. In the cabin Katie days this: "There're probably only a couple of days in the month that a woman really craves sex, and it's no more than a biological need to procreate unlike men, who want it all the time. So it wasn't actually a decision but more a lack of thought at the wrong time that allowed me to use him, I just let my body do the thinking for me!"

Ignoring how asinine that statement was (just pure lust apparently), and if Edward is so bad, then why a second time with the fast shooting ex boyfriend that she doesn't even like, along with Edward using condoms, it completely undermines what Katie said earlier in the same story.

Earlier, she told Gracie and Jason that she was frustrated she couldn't get pregnant again and by then knew Gracie was Edward's biological daughter. She talked about banging Edward twice, that the episodes were terrible, and it was so bad that she thought not to continue even if she was not impregnated. Also no.emotional affair whatsoever.

So the original reason was she had some ill conceived idea / obsession that she wanted another child (was actually twins) by the same sperm donor as for Gracie, but was so disgusted with his terrible sex skills and felt such guilt that she stopped after a second time, thinking if it didn't take (i.e. pregnancy) she was done.

Given that she had sex with Eward penetrating her for less than 30-45 minutes on total across three low quality trysts, the first resulting in Gracie before her meeting Daniel and the other two five years later, that all appeared consistent. She despises Edward Carlyle and wanted him for a highly specific, though devastating reason.

Ignoring the fact that she didn't know her husband was sterile, didn't talk to him about her concerns, nor ask for both of them to get tested, etc and instead she made a dumbass command decision to attempt (successfully) to cuckold Daniel to have more.children, with Edward as the sperm donor; that is certainly bad enough, but at least seemed consistent.

But then with the above quoted passage about her "needing" sex beyond all reason twice a month, that makes her look like a slut, right after she saw Edward again.

So maybe it was her wanting to get pregnant, right? Nope, the condoms kill it. So we have two different motivations that are disconnected and either she lied to Gracie and Jason or the author muffed the long snap on the punt. Suspect that latter, but regardless it lowers the rating on this story.

The pregnancy angle was bad enough. But the uncontrolled lust with Edward using condoms drags it down and for what? Someone who was a 5 minute wonder on her 21st birthday and someone who laughed at her and abandoned her to go overseas? And for pity's sake, then why TWICE!

Let's ignore the fact the husband never confronted her, misunderstood completely the conversation she and Gracie had at the kitchen table, such that he flaked out and ran away from his kids. Not to mention her not telling him about Gracie not being his biological daughter when she strongly suspected 3.5 years after Gracie's birth. Still even ignoring all of thag, the above quoted statement with the condom usage, just blew open the reconciliation and turned it into a really tough to stomach RAAC. 4 stars. Good editor would have caught that. Disappointing unfortunately.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous