Lords of Eros Ch. 07

Story Info
Don's next mission: not quite the usual fetch quest.
11.9k words
4.9
3.6k
3
0

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/21/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

7. Lady Primrose's Earrings

As he and Sage made their way to the Crimson Mountain, Don was acutely aware of their impending separation, and the fact that they might remain apart for quite some time. Accordingly, he made sure they had a variety of plans for meeting up, if possible, leaving messages, when the opportunity presented itself, etc. Passing through the Manor they would leave word with the Scholar, and then linger about there at least for a few days. Passing through the Resort they would both check in with the Sheriff and leave word with the Sage.

"I'll try to remember that," Sage laughed.

"Yeah, and I'm trying to get used to thinking of you as Evelyn," Don smiled.

Don also told her about the Wizard as a potential ally whose home might be a good meeting place, and the Witches of the Glen who might be helpful. Of course, they also thought the Maidenhead might be useful, even if they couldn't be too sure it would long remain in Megan's control. In turn, Evelyn told him about a cafe in the bazaar on the far side of the sea, and they agreed to check in at the tavern on the beach and Ambrosia's when in the vicinity of Rendezvous.

When they got to the locker rooms in the Hall of the Crimson Mountain King, they bathed, but Don made a point of retrieving the staffs the Wizard had given him and Shelonda what seemed so long ago. Stephanie had had no real experience with such things, and Nicole was positively averse to using any kind of weapon. Evelyn, though, had some martial arts training, though it was mostly in aikido, and definitely had no problem with weapons.

"Too bad we don't have swords," she mused as she spun the enchanted wooden staff in her hands. Having been made for Shelonda, it was just about the perfect size for Evelyn.

"God, you're hot!" Don grinned as he admired the way the muscles in her arms and wrists moved as she played with the staff.

"Oh, we should have gotten bows and arrows from the elves!"

Don groaned, "Ugh, why didn't I think of that?"

She laughed, "Well, you're not the only one who didn't."

"On the other hand," he mused, "it doesn't seem like we're very likely to be called upon to fight anyone. Still, an unbreakable staff can be a useful tool."

"Hard wood can definitely be good to get your hands on," she smirked.

It turned out that, as long as they bathed and were naked, the red-robed servitors had no problem with letting them proceed into the Pleasure Dome and seemed to pay no attention at all to the staffs.

"Holy hell!" Evelyn breathed as they entered the vast chamber, momentarily stunned by the scale of both the room and the orgy going on in it.

"Yeah," Don nodded.

They proceeded to the circular couch in the middle of the dome, Evelyn taking in the spectacle as they went.

"The king's throne is that away, but I want to see if we can just ride the sofa up," Don said. "But first, come with me. I want to have some time with you before we head up."

He led her down to the base of the stairs, where they set their staffs off to the side, out of the way but close at hand, and made love for what might be the last time in a long while. Though a few of the other revelers offered to join in, Don and Evelyn kept to themselves this time. When they were finally worn out, they made a quick trip to the nearest fountain to clean up and then returned to the sofa. With their staffs across their laps, and their hands tightly clasped, they rode the couch up to the waiting room.

"Damn!" Evelyn grinned. "This is not safe at all!"

"I'm starting to suspect it's not actually that dangerous," laughed Don, "but I'm not about to test that theory."

"Good! I'll be pissed at you if you kill yourself testing something like that."

"Aw that makes me all warm inside," he grinned.

"Oh, you're right, this is a bit anticlimactic," Evelyn said as they came to a halt in the waiting room.

"Told ya," he smiled. "Hi, Gladys! Miss me?"

After a wait that seemed both rather too long and excruciatingly quick, Gladys announced that 'they' were ready to see Evelyn. She took her staff and got up, but Don pulled her into his arms and kissed her again. He gave her ass a long squeeze, smiled, and said, "Don't forget me, gorgeous."

"Unhand me, sir!" she laughed. "I will not be kissed and fondled by strangers!"

"Well, that's just not at all true," he grinned and kissed her again, focusing all his passion for her in this one last embrace.

Don watched her exquisite ass as she crossed to the "Interviews" door, smiled encouragingly as she looked back before going through, and tried to ignore the ache in his chest. He had gotten very fond of Evelyn indeed. Eros, and his own schemes, kept separating him from loved ones—first Tascha, then Shelonda and Nicole, and now Sage... Evelyn.

He was as down as he had been in Eros when Gladys let him know that he could go in and wasn't in much better of a mood as he sat down opposite Pamela and the other watchers. He kept his hand on his staff, just in case he was abruptly teleported away.

"Welcome back, Don," Pamela nodded. "I would say that you completed your first trial with flying colors. We expected you to sleep with Captain Sage, not convince her to come back here with you and undertake her own set of trials."

"I didn't really convince her," Don frowned.

Pamela shrugged, "That's not really important. You did, clearly, finish the task adequately. We assume you're ready for your second trial...?"

Don nodded, "Yes. Bring it on."

"We want you to bring us Lady Primrose's emerald earrings."

"Uh, Lady Primrose? I've never heard of her," Don worried. "How will I find her or her earrings?"

"That might well be part of the trial, Don," Pamela pointed out. "However, in this case, we'll help you with that."

"I appreciate that," Don smiled. "Is there anything else I should know?"

"There is quite a lot you should know."

Don arched his eyebrow at the hint of a sense of humor, then said, "Okay, I guess I'm ready."

"One more thing, though, Don: no more strays."

Then Don found himself standing in the middle of a street in what seemed like a small English town. It seemed to be early morning. The buildings had a decidedly quaint English countryside feel to them, and Don suddenly realized that he was fully clothed, wearing khaki slacks, shoes and socks, and a pastel polo shirt, with a light sweater tied by its sleeves around his shoulders. He was still holding his staff. Between the clothes and the mundanity of the town, Don thought this was the oddest place he'd yet seen in Eros.

***

"Just a little town?" Tascha frowned. "That does seem strange."

"Oh, believe me, it gets weirder," Don chuckled.

***

The Town

There seemed to be some larger buildings down the road, so Don headed that way, in the hope of finding someone who could direct him to a "Lady Primrose." As he went, he found himself enjoying the peace and quiet, and noticed that there were birds singing. All in all, it was a very pleasant locale.

He was walking down the middle of the street—there didn't seem to be any sign of cars—and had just cleared the first intersection, when he finally saw signs of human life. The front door of the house on Don's right opened and out stepped a tall, thin fellow wearing a dark business suit and carrying a briefcase. This man turned around to receive a kiss goodbye from a woman wearing a brightly flowered dress, and then headed down a paved walkway through his neatly manicured front yard toward the street.

Up and down the street, Don saw this basic ritual played out again and again over the next couple of minutes. Apparently, all the men in this town... no, there were a few women, also in business suits... left home at pretty much the same time in the morning, to go to work...? Half expecting everyone to head off in the same direction, Don paused in the street to watch as the townsfolk joined him. However, they seemed to have different destinations in mind. The man who had come out first turned right at the street, walked down three houses, crossed the street, looked both ways to make sure no one was paying attention to him, pushed open the front gate in front of him, and quickly made his way to the front door of that house, loosening his tie as he went. Every person seemed to have a similar course of action, going from their "home" to another house in the neighborhood, in a bizarre, chaotically choreographed pattern. After a minute or two, Don was again alone in the street.

"Well, okay then," he chuckled before continuing down the street. At what Don assumed was the center of town, he found establishments with names like "The Shag' Odeon," "Mabel's Sundries," "The Morning Whip" (with a sign adding, "Start Your Day with the Crack of Dawn!"), and "The Cum. Inne." Don considered where to begin but quickly decided that the apparent newspaper was so different from what he would normally expect in Eros that he had to start there.

He pushed the door open, triggering a bell overhead, and a pale woman with dark red hair brushing her shoulders looked up from her desk behind a counter, smiled, and with a very English accent said, "Good morning. Welcome to Shagbottom!"

Although Tascha would later fail miserably, Don managed to not laugh at this, but did have to pause and say, "Pardon me?"

"Welcome to Shagbottom!" she repeatedly cheerfully. "Do you have some news to report?"

"Um, no, but... the name of this town is Shagbottom?"

"That's right: Shagbottom of county Wrenchester."

"Okay," Don was having an extremely hard time keeping a straight face. He looked back out the window that made up the front of the shop, saw the theater sign again, and just shook his head. Thinking of the other signs, he asked, "The inn's name... what's the abbreviation for?"

"To shorten a longer word," said a voice with another English accent from a woman who popped out from behind a shelf that was heavy with stacks of papers. She had lovely brown skin and black wavy hair that was cut short. She continued, "You know how you might want to save space, so instead of writing out all of 'abbreviation,' you just use a-b-b-r period."

Don pinched the bridge of his nose and said, "Yes, thank you, but I meant 'what does the c-u-m period stand for in the hotel's name?'"

"Oh," the darker woman frowned. "You know, I'm not terribly sure. Ophelia?"

The other woman looked up again, "Oh, hello Anna. I'm over here."

"Good morning," Anna said as she moved closer to the front of the shop and the counter that separated the women from Don. "Do you know what the abbreviation in the inn's name stands for?"

"Oh, excellent," Ophelia smiled. "How many letters?"

"Well, more than three, I should think," Anna said.

"That doesn't narrow things down much, does it?" frowned Ophelia. "Do you have any of the letters?"

"Well, c-u-m, clearly," Anna cast a sideways look at Don and shook her head.

"'Cummerbund'?"

"That seems a bit of a stretch," Anna said.

"Don't cummerbunds usually stretch a bit?"

"Well, yes, I suppose, but that's not really to the point, is it?"

"'Cumberbatch'?"

"Don't be ridiculous, dear; that's not even a word."

"'Cumulative'?"

"'The Cumulative Inne'?"

"Why ever not?" Ophelia wanted to know.

"It doesn't make sense."

"It certainly does," Ophelia said a bit defensively. "'My score of twenty was the cumulative in our four games.'"

Anna shook her head in exasperation. "That's not well said, though, is it?"

Ophelia shrugged.

"In any case," Anna persisted. "We were talking about 'inn' with two ns, and sometimes a silent e."

"We were? Why didn't you say so?"

"This gentleman here was asking about the name of the inn. What did you think we were talking about?"

"Abbreviations, wasn't it?"

"Well, yes," Anna nodded with some exasperation, "but one abbreviation in particular."

"I see," Ophelia said thoughtfully. "But then, if this is the abbreviation about which we're inquiring, it might be the abbreviation of someone's name, mightn't it?"

"I suppose that's true, love. Good point," Anna smiled.

"But then why couldn't it be 'Cumberbatch'?"

Anna's eyes threatened to roll all the way up into her skull as she exclaimed, "That's the most ridiculous name ever! Who would ever consent to call themselves such a ludicrous thing?!"

"Well, who are we to judge?" Ophelia shrugged. "I don't suppose you would object to someone's being called Cumberbatch if she had a very nice pair of tits, or if he had a big pecker, now would you?"

"What are you trying to say, exactly?"

"One shouldn't judge someone on the basis of their name, but on the things that really make them who they are," Ophelia smiled, clearly thinking she had won this round.

"I'm not suggesting one should judge anyone on the basis of their name, Ophelia. I'm saying that we should judge their name on the basis of its being quite ri-dic-u-lous. 'Cumberbatch' indeed!"

Before things could get any more heated, Don, who was having a very hard time not laughing, interjected with, "Ladies, please! I really don't need to know about the inn."

The two women glowered at each other for a moment, and Anna took the opportunity to clearly mouth the word "ridiculous" at Ophelia, before she said, "Very well. Good morning, sir. How may we be of service?"

The first thing that occurred to Don when Anna asked him that was that this was the first time someone had given him an innuendo-laden opening like that while completely dressed in a long time. Surely, he could probably say he could use a blowjob, and at least one of the two attractive women would be happy to oblige. This was Eros, after all. On the other hand, the fact that they were dressed, and he actually had a mission to accomplish, led him to the conclusion that he probably should get some information out of the two of them, if that was actually possible. He was about to ask about Lady Primrose, when Don realized he wanted to ask about something else first.

"I was wondering, what exactly do you do here?"

"We write and print the daily newspaper, of course," Anna smiled.

"Very good," Don nodded, "and what goes in the newspaper?"

"All the news!" Ophelia enthused. "We keep the good people of Shagbottom informed on all the goings on."

"Such as?"

"What's playing at the 'Odeon, any new toys at Mabel's, notices of special events," Ophelia started.

"Coverage of said events," Anna added as she leaned on the counter in front of Don. She had undone a few buttons of her blouse.

Ophelia got up and began moving toward her partner, as she continued with, "The daily lottery results, the crossword, interviews with prominent citizens..."

"And of handsome newcomers," Anna smiled.

"Oh, that's a good idea, Anna," Ophelia nodded.

Don smiled back at them, flattered by the attention and amused by the turn toward more typically Erosian matters. Then, though, he realized he had more questions. He started with, "What kind of special events?"

"Socials, parties..." Anna said.

"Garden parties!" Ophelia cut in.

"Well, yes, those are included in parties, aren't they dear?"

"Naturally, but aren't socials just another sort of party?" Ophelia asked.

"I think it's the other way 'round," Anna frowned.

"Either way 'round, then, you started it."

Don decided to jump in before the conversation got too far afield again. "So, mostly parties, eh? Anything else?"

"Most of the special events are parties, it's true," Anna nodded.

"They're very nice parties, though," Ophelia said. She had followed Anna's lead and started unbuttoning her top. "Everyone has such a splendid time."

Don smiled at them, guessing that the parties in Shagbottom probably turned into orgies at some point. He decided to ask, "And you said something about a lottery...?"

"Oh yes, that's very important, of course," Anna nodded, as she shrugged her blouse off her lovely brown shoulders, exposing her full breasts.

"What do lottery winners win?" Don asked, taking a step toward the counter and the women as he untied the arms of the sweater around his neck.

"What do they win?" Ophelia was a bit confused. She had tossed her top aside and was now shimmying out of her pencil skirt.

"Oh, it's not that kind of lottery exactly," Anna said as she stood up from removing her own skirt. She pushed a sheet of paper across the counter to Don and said, "Here."

On the page were two columns of addresses. Don looked at them as he took off his shirt but couldn't see any pattern or meaning.

Anna hopped up on the counter, and pointed to the left column, saying, "This is each couple's address..."

"Well, if they picked up their ticket for the day," Ophelia pointed out. She had moved over to a gate in the counter Don hadn't paid any attention to and was coming over to Don's side of the room.

"Yes, certainly, it wouldn't do at all to make people play who didn't want to," Anna smiled as she spun around on the counter, her long, stockinged legs and stiletto-heeled shoes flying over Don's head.

Don smiled at briefly at the sight of Anna's bare, pink pussy, and then realized, "Oh, the other column is the addresses of where people go for the day when they leave in the morning."

"Exactly," Anna smiled as she spread her legs and scooted up to the edge of the counter. She crooked a finger at Don and asked, "Care to join us for our early morning break...? Oh, how rude of us! What was your name?"

***

Tascha couldn't help but laugh all through the story of Don's encounter with Anna and Ophelia. By the time he was wrapping that up, the two of them had stopped and sat down on a bench in a secluded part of the park. If it had been a bit more secluded, Tascha thought she'd probably break her rule and give Don a blowjob right here. All the sex shenanigans she was picturing had gotten her rather worked up, and she really just wanted to suck on his cock. Of course, that wasn't all she wanted to do... It wasn't that secluded, though, so she managed to behave. However, she did enjoy snuggling up against him, his arm around her shoulders, as he continued his story.

"So, yeah," he said, "after the early morning break, and with a lot of patience, I was able to learn that Shagbottom was basically a rather stable community of people who paired up, somehow, and then enjoyed a rather thorough swinging lifestyle. Each day, but just during the day, they swapped partners, if they participated in the lottery the day before. They rejoined their 'spouses' at night. Every few days there were social events, or parties, that were pretty much excuses for more partner swapping and/or orgies."

"It sounds like your kind of place," Tascha smiled.

"And not yours?"

"Well, yeah, that was implied."

***

It was afternoon, the three of them had given up on clothing, Don was reclining in a chair with Anna curled up in his lap, and Ophelia was sprawled across her desk with a happy post orgasmic smile on her face, when Don finally got around to, "So, I need to find a Lady Primrose..."

"Oh, yes, she's lovely!" Anna purred enthusiastically and bit sleepily.

"Her garden parties are the best!" Ophelia added. "She makes sure to invite everyone in town."

"You'll like her," Anna nodded. "She's the sweetest, poshest lady."

"Folks say the garden parties aren't even the sexiest ones she has," Ophelia rolled onto her side to look at Don with a conspiratorial glimmer in her eye. "She has masked balls with lords and ladies from all over. It's all very classy and mysterious!"

"Oh, hush, Ophelia," laughed Anna. "That's just gossip. Lady Primrose doesn't put on airs. She's just a nice, friendly, normal person."

It was time for Don to reinsert himself in the conversation. "Well, can you tell me where to find her?"

"Of course," Anna chuckled. "She'll be up at Heolfor House, if she's not traveling."