All Comments on 'Loss to Love Ch. 05'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dragging it out much?

I like this story but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Every chapter is Nick about to be honest but then he chickens out...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
True to life

I like this story a lot. Sure it is drawn out but so it would be in the real world where nick might find it virtually impossible to admit his feelings. Doubtless there will be an event which forces him to admit them and then the two boys will find fulfilment together. But this is far better than a rush to sex without any character development.

A really enjoyable read

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This is getting boring, dragged out way too much. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This

outburst was surprising after all the sunshine. I can imagine, he shot hot secret pics from his cute neighbor......

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to the people who say this is dragging out

Ever read a story in your life? Because 2 characters don't just jump each others bones on the first couple of pages. There's a story line first and anticipation for what you know is coming. I think the pacing is perfect and totally worth the wait. If you just want sex then this story isn't for you.

wingedchaoswingedchaosover 9 years ago

Very good! Seems people want a "wham, bang, thank you sir" type story. Well, sometimes you feel like a "nut" and sometimes you don't. This is one of those times for the latter. One always has the option of hitting the back button to another story.

musicfreakmusicfreakover 9 years agoAuthor
Yes it's dragged out.

On purpose, because I don't like sex without character. I'm just taking advice from my previous stories which say some of the characters could have been developed more. I agreed, hence why I focused a lot on that this time around.

I did state in the first chapter that if quick sex was what you're looking for, then this story isn't for you, and I respect that. However, I pride myself in building my characters before they jump into relationships. I think it makes them more real.

In real life, people don't just spontaneously fall in love and get together just like that. It takes time. In the past chapters, I started to explore the little changes within each individual. I tried to show that these characters, we're like real people with real emotions and real trepidation when it came to relationships. Sure some may perceive it as slow, but I think it shows growth. Because love at first sight may be romantic, but that doesn't happen very often in real life.

Don't get me wrong, I value your input, don't think I'm not. It's just personally, I think that time is needed to build strong connections. If you feel the need to stop reading this because it's slow paced, then I can't stop you and I'm grateful you read up to this point.

To those who think this is paced okay, I'm glad. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you think the characters feel real because that's what I'm going for.

jackfrost626jackfrost626over 9 years ago
Addicted

I love this story its actually believable like your retelling a real live event in my opinion that's a sign of a talented writer and so what maybe just maybe its drawn out but that only ads to the suspense can't wait for the next one

Ok maybe add a couple more plot twist and turns lol or let drew figure out nick secret and take matters into his own hands :p but what ever the case I really hope you continue there are far to many incomplete stories on hear and this one is worth finishing

baikalisanbaikalisanover 9 years ago
Man oh man

I can't wIt to know what's on that camera. I'm thinking stalker pics from across the street at his house!!! Love it :)

wingedchaoswingedchaosover 9 years ago

Baikalisan!! I would never have EVER thought of that! Just love how your mind works!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
or a video...

It could be a vid of himself where he ends up screaming Drew's name...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
musicfreak,

As usual, your pacing is perfect for the story you're telling, and I'm sure we will end up loving these characters as much as your others. We can see Nick coming around, fast. Why can't Drew? You have to judge people by their actions, not necessarily their words.

Now I am dying to know what pics Nick has on his camera.

Thank you for pumping out the chapters so fast.

Maybe someday we will find out for what kind of music you are a freak?

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please bring on the next part I love this story.

musicfreakmusicfreakover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Well thanks guys, y'all are gonna make me blush. Haha. Well as for what's on the camera, those are some pretty good ideas. Actually I think better than what I used when I wrote it. Hmm, oh well too late to chang it. Haha

And maybe a little insight into my account name. Musicfreak was just something I used since I was maybe 13 because, surprise surprise, I studied a fare share of music then. Violin if you need to know. Over the years it's just stuck with me even though it's like one of those generic account names you see online. Haha. That's my little snippet into my real life.

Yes chapters are all coming out soon with a new chapter everyday. For those who don't know, it's not that I write fast, it's just that I write the story completely before posting. So I can't give the 'I'm busy can't write' excuse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love will bloom

Whatever demons and worries Nick is struggling with will no doubt pass, perhaps as he realizes that he loves Drew -- truly loves Drew. And when they have that breakthrough, it will be a wonderful moment. It is interesting to travel the road with them, and to hope that they will see what others around them (we readers) can see already. Thanks for writing your story.

mikeyb85mikeyb85over 9 years ago
You are fantastic!!!!!

Everything you write is seriously wonderful! I am a musician as well, maybe something musical can be crafted into your next series..... I'm looking forward to the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome

I usually dont comment but am hungrily racing through your chapters hoping they don't end. Really enjoying the tale. I hope my stories are as silky smooth and fun as yours!

Petef52Petef52about 9 years ago
Uncertainty personified

True understanding of the misunderstandings of our teenage years....got to move on to chapter 6!

LLAPLLAPalmost 9 years ago
I squealed with glee when...

... I read this:

"Well at least you can now see what you were missing. I mean this is beautiful." I said, breathing in the air.

"Yeah." I turned and Nick was looking at me,

***** whoohoo *****

I love those two!!!! :D The pacing is perfect!!

I love historical romance, modern day romance, etc. and the books have between 300 and 500 pages. And the characters have sex exactly in the middle of the book (almost every time anyway. sometimes only at the very end :D ok sometimes they don't do much else in the second half. :D) Anyway, that's 150 to 250 pages of suspense! You know they'll find each other eventually, but how they get there, that's the great stuff :) and you, musicfreak, tell your stories and this build-up wonderfully. with believable characters and great dialogs!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous