All Comments on 'Loss to Love Ch. 10'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I shouldn't like males so much--

or why not? I can't help it. It's part of my culture, the history of my family, the literature I've read all my life. But so? Heterosexual males at least suffer from being separated from their other halves, selves--

All the love stories, poems men have written to women--

I enjoy loving males--there are a few of them in my family--I'm lucky.

So I'll just go with it--

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Oh--re last comment--

I'm female--

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I give this story 10 out of a 10. I love this story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"Drew realizes how stupid he was"

no....really....? I agree. I am waiting for the last chapter before I give you your five stars. I need to be sure, they are both fine in the end. grrrr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I would have tracked you down and thrown u off a cliff if you hadn't published this. Thank you for bringing em back together😍

darthatheosdarthatheosover 9 years ago
This chapter made me so happy.

Yesterday was an important day for me, and I think this story was the impotence for it. I finally spilled my guts to my therapist. I didn't want my fears to ruin my life anymore. I'd love to see this story fleshed out and published as an e-book. There are a lot of authors on this site that deserve to go the e-book route, you're one of them.

avidreadravidreadrover 9 years ago

Nice how things worked out.

I need to apologize for yesterday's brusque comment regarding the fear reason that Drew justified breaking up with Nick. I had just read two mainstream romances that used THE EXACT SAME JUSTIFICATION!! I can understand what fear can make a person do but it never made sense to shorten your time with someone because you're afraid of losing them. Maybe it's because I'm older (50s) and did lose my husband to cancer. Ah the idiotic senselessness of youth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

What a good story. Great job!!!!

musicfreakmusicfreakover 9 years agoAuthor
Talk about relief

Well after the tornado that was the previous chapter, I'm not gonna lie the thought that this story has gone down the tubes crossed my mind. Seriously though, there is no need to apologize for whatever was said because really, some people won't like everything you write and that's okay. I'm pretty sure I lost some readers after the last chapter but that's okay with me.

The reason I may seem more defensive when it came to this story as compared to my others was because I really connected with this one when I wrote it. In fact, I started this story because I was feeling really down on myself. The feelings I wrote Drew felt at the beginning of this story, wasn't really imagination but drawing from my own personal emotions. Yes I live in a conservative and suffocating environment and writing is my form of escape. That's why I'm more defensive when I receive slightly more negative feedbacks for this.

Well now back to more positive thoughts. As for me being worthy of being an e-book publisher, I seriously don't think I'm good enough. Writing is just a hobby for me to escape my life. I just hope the last chapter lives up to you guys expectations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please tell me that this is NOT the end?

Pleeeese write more! I've grown pretty attached to these characters & I'm not ready for their story to be over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
MORE!!!

Your story frikkin' captivated me until I nearly couldn't sleep. PLEASE write more...can't tear myself away from it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Casey 1988

Loved the story good writing and such. Glad to see you did not go the suicide route. ^-^

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Glad to see this happen

Yes! They belong together, and what a joy it will be to see them work through their doubts and fears. True love can trump all that. Both Nick and Drew realize what a prize they have in each other. Long may they love!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This story has me hooked waiting for the next chapter if there is one.

Petef52Petef52about 9 years ago
Even the aged cynic cried....

How does the final chapter beat this....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
IN WHAT UNIVERSE?

I absolutely love this story and I wish so much that life could be like this fantasy. It's one reason why I love to read Literotica, a literary world where gays are accepted, where their lives and their loves generally work out.

Somehow in the coming years gays have got to be accepted as human beings by more people, the insane prejudices need to end. There are still some racists around but more and more African Americans blend in comfortably with other races. Given time this will hopefully happen with the gay population. After all, there are more of us than there are many of the recognized minorities in this country, including African Americans. We need to take a page from them and unite, if in no other way than at the ballot box.

In the meantime, I will content myself with the wonderful fantasies of great writers like you. Please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Scoobydo moment!

I don't know why I pictured the end of a scoobydo story when Travis was going on and on about...whatever. But yeah... That's what usually happens in cartoons. One person does something to bring happiness all around and then tells everyone how he decided to do this and that to accomplish the happiness. Explanations!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good but predictable.

Well written, hot, cool characters. But it could have been better that's all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
RE: ANON / IN WHAT UNIVERSE?

Anon,

In what universe/country are you living?!?! I live in one of the truly most backwoods parts of the United States. I grew up in the area, but travelled the world in the military and on my own dime. I am married to a man (no longer of my dreams, but whatever), and have been widely accepted since long before the US Supreme Court decision made gay marriage the "law of the nation".

There are bigots. I've encountered a few, but really not many. When you are genuine, most people accept you. When you are confrontational, and a narcissistic prick, they tend not to.

If you are in another country, I understand your comment more, but speaking based upon western norms, I do not.

@musicfreak -- AS ALWAYS -- FANTASTIC story. You rock!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The last chapter created an unnecessary mess and this chapter cleaned it up too completely and too quickly. Neither were a bit realistic. One defense was that Drew was so young and that means not being emotionally mature and making mistakes. Yet this chapter resolved the mess with a Nick, closeted teenage quarterback (in front of his entire football team), recounting the most emotionally mature speech, citing how he figured out - despite the cruel words - that Drew still loves him and then solved the puzzle of why Drew did it, and finally closed his speech with a kiss - and the whole HS football cheered in the background. C’mon even in the most liberal, tolerant environment imaginable, this would not happen this way. But glad they are back together.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Oh? Scrolling to the comments (Yo? Y'all Anonymous, looking at you) I realize there's more! So pleased to binge read this story on 8/15/21

CocoPop1CocoPop1almost 2 years ago

I’ll probably drop many comments but at this point I really want to bitch slap Drew’s dad like manz is the caused the drama and now he’s acting like a good person saying he noticed how Drew and Nick loved eat other when they kissed but… like…. then why the fuck did he still go and ask his son to be straight. This man is two faced and really wanna rip him a new one.

CocoPop1CocoPop1almost 2 years ago

Not a fan of mellow drama but I’m glad they ended up together

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a great story when you can show so many emotions, and you never want to put it down. Thank you you're an excellent writer!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous