All Comments on 'Lost'

by Varian P

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
Jena121Jena121about 16 years ago
WOW ......................

Where is that island - what a great story - should be entered into the Earth Contest - It has everything - More More More

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
The dad wrecked it...

Sorry, the story was amazing. The writing eloquent and well planned. But the father entering the arrangment fucked the story and made it feel dirty and common. I had a feeling he'd get involved from the start, and you didn't (well you did) dissapoint me. I had to give a zero only because I was so let down. Funnily enough, I would have given you full marks othrewise...

timelessembracetimelessembraceabout 16 years ago
Augh...

Why can't I write like you? Honestly I thought I was pretty good until now. I'm going to have to favorite you and learn by example. Keep it up, you're a goddamned genius.

katenakatenaabout 16 years ago
unlike your other stories

this has a raunchy, foul feel to it

chargergirlchargergirlabout 16 years ago
I think

this was an amazingly well written story. Raunchy, dirty, and common? Hardly. It was beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
great until the father part

The whole story was great until the father got involved. I didn't like it at all after that.

Plainly_JanePlainly_Janeabout 16 years ago
Amazing

You are an amazingly talented writer. I've read others of your stories and was not disappointed by this one. From the smallest details, such as describing the surf, the way she swims in the water (like a porpoise), to the way their island existence slowly erodes the societal mores away. They are out of time, out of the world.

<br><br>

When you described the father as a cross between George Clooney and someone else, you had me! It was a beautiful, lush story.

TsheesakTsheesakabout 16 years ago
The dad spoiled the story

The dad spoiled the rest of the story. He should have come in differently or not at all. Everything before that was very good. I would have given it full marks if it weren't for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great

A great story well written and editted have no problem with how the father got invovled, it added to the story with the elements of envy and fear of loose a very good read hope to see more of you writing. Keep up the great story telling.

Smeeker082Smeeker082about 16 years ago
you are a talented writer

Your writing is amazing, it draws you in, you think you should feel dirty and wrong but it doesnt instead it makes you rationalize why you understand what and why these people feel the way they do. I cant explain it fully, your writing is so intricate.

this was not my favorite but still better than most

TricialenTricialenabout 16 years ago
Beautiful and Tender

You are amazing and the story is unbelievably beautiful. I don't read incest stories, but because it was yours I thought I would take a look. I haven't moved since I began reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Good but just a little drifting

It was good but the last page contridicted the others. Where did her bra and pants come from??? Its the small details that make the difference

Varian PVarian Pabout 16 years agoAuthor
mystery of the magically appearing bra & panties

I realize I didn't offer exposition to explain, but the subtext is that Cat saves the undies as bathing suits when not alone skinny dipping.

Thanks for reading and commenting--much appreciated!

-V

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
If the plot follows..

If the plot follows true then the DAD had to become involved. How could he not? Think science and nature. He is the alpha male afterall.

There was no dirt in this story. It was tender and because it wasn't filled with empty dicks and pussies for the sake of it like some other stories - it was all the more real.

I loved the development of the psychological heartache of the son and the dad's decision to step aside for him.

GREAT STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago

I loved your story. It kept me rapt until the end. I would have preferred the dad not gotten involved, but since he did I would have liked a couple of extra chapters involving the "alpha" thing. Otherwise a really great story. Completely different than the other "stranded on a desert island" thing. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Outstanding

Its not often that you find a story like this its outstanding,a great deal of work must have gone into it.

tickledkittytickledkittyabout 16 years ago
Wow...

Just wow. I don't know what else to say except best of luck in the contest. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
i loved it

ur story is great.. gud luck in the contest...

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonabout 16 years ago
Fantastic

Wow! Once again you have mesmerized me with your words. You're an incredible writer, and I bow down to your talent. Now, my next question is, when are your going to be published?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Awesome story

I have to say that I think you are most definitely one of the best writers on Lit., I've never bothered to comment before on any story but all of your writing is extremely well done, genuinely erotic but with an actual backstory and well thought-out storylines. I love all of your work and could only say that I hope to see it being posted more frequently! I have no doubt that if you aren't already published you will be soon..just don't forget to keep posting here so we can keep enjoying your work! way to go varian p!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Madness

This is a great "descent into madness" piece. I think the thing that makes it truly great is that you could have left out the sex. The story could have been about precious gems or precious metals and it would still hold up.

Keep up the good work!

LaJovenaLaJovenaabout 16 years ago
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Varian, you are pure poetry. I suspect that if you wrote about the Schrodinger equation, I'd read it and want to go hump my dh. Keep it up, and good luck in the contest!

MunachiMunachiabout 16 years ago
Very nice story

I am not usually such a great fan of incest stories, but this one I enjoyed very much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Once again.

Once again, a beautiful story, beautifully told. I particularly like the way you accept and treat respectfully both "sex as physical" and "sex as love". Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well Written! Very Good Incest Story.

This was a great story. I wish it was longer so more could be developed between all three relationships. Varian you never disappoint... your stories always hit the mark in terms of content, style, grammar

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I really like your writing

I'm a big fan of 'different'. Good on ya.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
It is scary sometimes

I like your character development. I was afraid Derrek would do something stupid when his father got involved. I still think, given Derrek's obsession, he should have done something stupid (killing his father or Cat). His acceptance of the situation does not seem natural.

Of course I would like you to spin an happy ending to this. I really liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wish there was more!

I absolutely love this story! Read it multiple times and it's still amazing each time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I loved it!

This is a great story, Varian. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
DIFFERENT AND GREAT

Really well written. Keep up the great writting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
All Time Favorite

Well written and great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I love Varian p

when I first read your stories I imagined you were I guy and I was a little in love with you.

Can we have a "Lord Melchior" "Lost" combo?

or anything else you write

please.

miss_trustmiss_trustover 14 years ago
some of us

only wish we could write this well. regardless the story's details, your style and ability shine. there's an understanding of the need for details but not too much, the need for reality and the suspension thereof. I came by this via a link in the poetry forums - someone said it was the most well-written piece on all of Lit & while i'm not a good judge (i haven't read even close to everything), i'm willing to bet you're waaaaaay up there. thank you for sharing a part of your mind with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
My Favorite

This is my all time favorite story. Wonderful writing and characters. It's a short story but well written with so much depth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Ultimate Best Incest Story

Varian P is one of the best writers on this site and her stories are always impressive. Lost is simply amazing.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
Extremely well done!

This was one of the better written stories that I have encountered. I especially appreciated the care, with which you observed grammatical correctness and spelling throughout this piece; it was most impressive. I truly appreciated the fact that your command of the King's English was so great that you were able to express passion without coarse language and "made up words".

Up until Kat accepted Victor as the third member of her little incestuous triangle, I thought you were writing a sibling love story, which I was beginning to feel all warm and fuzzy about. Then the ugliness of jealousy, feelings of inadequacy and other emotion driven excesses controlling Derrick made life much more complicated for our little group of family members stranded in "paradise".

At the end, I thought it was a nice little ironic twist that their incestuous fires were burning so brightly, that they allowed their signal fires to go unattended, thus missing the one chance they apparently had for rescue.

All in all, I thought it was just an outstanding story. Thank you so much for having written it.

madpoetmastwenmadpoetmastwenover 13 years ago
Fabulous

Raw, emotional, and beautifully written. This story is by far the best I've read yet. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wow

I loved it. You kept it real, and true in the heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
beautiful

his is one of the most beautiful stories i've read on this site. beliver in fairy tales that i am, i wish for rescue, this is near perfect.

_Eli_Elialmost 13 years ago
Naughty and Awesome!!!!

I loved the story from start to finish. Can't find any negative remarks. It's like a beautiful biblical story. Loved the love they all poses. I'm envious of her. I found the story through goodreads.com I am very happy to have been able to find your story.

CH4NCESSCH4NCESSover 12 years ago
Amazing

I loved this story start to finish. You did a marvelous job. You got just the right amount of emotion and eroticness in this story and it is by far one of my favorites from this site. Keep up the phnomenol work.

kharrismakharrismaabout 12 years ago
Just Incredible!

One of the top five stories I've ever read, on this site or any other! I googled the author, and bought everything she's written... a first for me. I could wish for their rescue, but loved it as is!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
excellent...but...

the inclusion of the father, and the resultant hurt etc, was entirely unnecessary and unpleasant, in my opinion. I was prepared to adore this story. Instead...well, I was disappointed, to be frank. Excellent grasp of description however.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
You lost me...

when you got Victor in on the act and turned Cat into a cock hungry slut. Why didn't you just let a lovely sibling love story be just that, instead of destroying it? I gave you two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
To heck with all the negative

I loved your story. I usually don't go for the parental incest, but the inclusion of their father brought a new aspect. It showed the animal side of humans goyr a not just erotic view point, but also a scientific one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Best Ever

I love this story. Have read it multiple times throughout the years and still keep coming back to it. It's perfect the way it's written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
One of the best

This is one of the best stories I've read on Literotica. It has a great balance of a well written story and erotica.

piedeliciousnesspiedeliciousnessover 11 years ago
Oy you people amaze me, the story was good, every part of it

Cat hungered for the brother, did things to make him want her, to make him need her, then she goes to the father to ease his life and make it pleasuranle as well, of course the brother would get jealous

It was lovely, for they all fed when hungry and finally worked it where they could keep up with Cat's needs

Nothing wrong in any of it

Writers have creative license, just enjoy the story!

FallenAlfarFallenAlfarover 11 years ago

The story was beautifully made and original, but I sided with Derrek because if they had true love why would she need to lure him with animalistic sex? If I were betrayed like that I would turn suicidal or homicidal. He had problems that come from being isolated from the rest of the world, while loving his sister, hating his father,and 'losing' his life's work would make anyone snap. If they were married I'd put this in the category of cheating wives. Despite my feeling on the matter I still think this was a well made story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nothing New but great story

This is a story of the classic Oedipus conflict. Boy is competitive with his father for the only available female. If a mother had been present the competitiveness would have been the same competition. Unfortunately the story ended to abruptly. Did they continue on the island? Were they rescued? Did the father die on the island? It would be great to have a sequel. Still a great job.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
A great story.

I will not mention that the debauchery cost them a rescue. I blame Cat.

sopharoonessopharoonesover 10 years ago
lost for words ;)

wow, never really been much for the incest-erotica but that was hot and meaningful. does this mean u think a descent into...hmm...best word..duno, our 'primitive' nature would eventuate from being stranded like this for so long? In the end this story was kinda sad and not knowing if they got off the island makes it worse (in a good way!), thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The father...

I LOVED this one.. like wow. I put myself as "Derrek". I felt his emotions,

but the father entering made me feel discussed, highly jealous and angery?

I wish you would have never brought him into the mix and just left the two as

A couple or just fuck buddies basically. Keep writing though, that was amazing.

** No more curve balls though! **

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!

Actually I really liked the addition of the father. I felt that Derrek did love his sister, but the inclusion of their father awoke his animalistic nature. Having been stranded on the island for so long, the rules of society that had kept him (and them) from straying had gradually eroded and allowed them to access the more basic nature of themselves, the nature that they have suppressed. Really great work!

bk3rdbk3rdover 9 years ago
Loved it.

Read this on SR71PLT's recommendation.

Not what I'm usually looking for but it was more than worth the read.

No one in Lit writes better AND the story was great.

bk3rdbk3rdover 9 years ago
Sequel, no

@ anonymous 8/28/13

Downer here but they die on the island.

They let the fires go out.

A vessel went past.

The flower didn't bloom.

The furry animal died.

You have seen how their life will be until ...

First one dies and then the second.

And finally, the last.

Not a pretty ending.

You don't want the (logical) sequel.

jott50jott50over 9 years ago
hmmm

i tried to see the other commenters side as to the entry of the father and i honestly think that the dynamic of the two males vying for the only female is the whole crux of the story. i loved this one and will see what else varian p has...btw...5* accross all the chapters...GOOD JOB!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Response to Noir Comment "Sequel, no"

Conversely regarding “Sequel, no,” every island on the planet is now either visited by some adventurer or viewed by satellite with a resolution of under one meter. Someone scanning the digital satellite image will discover that the island is inhabited and by minimum research find that it shouldn’t be. That will cause a physical search to occur, if only because drug trafficking will be suspected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WOW

You are an amazing writer. I'm speechless, I love this and your other stories with an intense passion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
EXQUISITE!

When far away from the noise of an unjust world, women always know.

NyQuilSmuggerNyQuilSmuggerover 6 years ago
WOW

Omfg have you been published yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The best?

Wonderful writing. Great development with subtle introduction of supporting details. The brothers feelings are so central to the story, the young male wildcard that can create or kill. His emotions, jealousy, fear and anger were well articulated. It is a lovely story, reminding me of bonobo monkeys in simple world where sex is the pleasure and glue of social cohesion. I would have enjoyed more development of Cat especially as the agent of change. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
the best!

holy shit, an awesome story in so many ways. glad, i found this via gitm's favourite list.

really, really the best? can't say that. there are too many and too different contenders for my first place. what i know for sure though is that i'll revisit this story regurarly. and that's a privilege only a few have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent erotic story, very well written

Impressive group of stories!

hardjehardjeover 3 years ago

This is a fantastic story. The needs and emotions are so strongly conveyed. And so hot.

RracoonzRracoonzabout 3 years ago

Without reservation, a heart-filled thanks. Truy an amazing read.

JobewonJobewonalmost 3 years ago

It was a really good story until her dad got involved. I couldn’t finish it. Just my personal opinion. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Was expecting to find that Cat sunk the boat lol. Not disappointed though.

NovaMNovaMover 2 years ago

Personally, I read this with great pleasure. But comments like the one I included under this alinea, illustrate thesaurus fact that too many people feel that the ‘male’ perspective is the only valid way of looking at the world.

Sad, because that perspective includes: jealousy, blind violence and an innate unwillingness to share. Hence the sorry state our world is in right now.

// A great story.

I will not mention that the debauchery cost them a rescue. I blame Cat. //

If humans really want to LIVE, not wither away on a dying, over-populated and polluted planet, we need to stop confining our mind to the insides of our skulls.

Meaning: stop defining the world and people around us according to our oppressive moral/religious standards.

* I do not own you and you do not own me.

* If I work, I work because I want to. Not because you force me to.

Most of the comments I read concerning this story were positive, because they enjoyed sharing the writer's mind journey. But some people only see a male losing HIS sex-release-object. Yes, object, because they reduce the female character to a possession of Derrek, which he LOSES when she shares her joy of life, her being human, with Victor.

His feeling inferior to the other persons on the island, even the one he says to love so dearly - Cat - is a problem which lies in HIS persona. Father and sister love him as he is, but he can’t step out of his head and encompass the world outside.

He wants to have, own, take everything. Never sharing, only comparing and complaining. Why are THEY so happy and why are they smiling so trustful, inviting, friendly at him. Damn, they must be wanting something from him. Don’t trust them, be manly and hard, take, push, never ask, never explain anything. Sad, sad little boy.

We need to grow up. Varian, I am going to enjoy the rest of your stories. Arrivederci 😊

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyabout 2 years ago

Am I not sophisticated enough, worldly enough, evolved enough to share the enjoyment of this story others seem to have? All I felt was a defeated sense of depression after reading this. The Island is dying around them as they frolic. The son seems to be going insane. It's just profoundly depressing. Maybe I'm not twisted enough to enjoy a story where dad and son share the daughter, or enjoy the quasi-rape perpetrated by the brother, or the profound lack of any insight into the daughter's life by dad or brother. I don't know, I guess I missed the point.

texstertexsterover 1 year ago
Multi-faceted story

i enjoyed the story and appreciated the allegorical nods throughout.

In order to properly communicate my thoughts, I need to break my comment into sections, and I’ll start with the literary aspect. I enjoyed the detailed descriptions of the island and the characters. I did feel the dialogue and description of the action during sexual interactions Could have been better, as I found myself losing the story a couple of times during those scenes.

Focusing on the plot, it’s a fairly common setup, and as usual includes an island stocked with everything needed for survival. I appreciated interweaving the current climate crisis into the tale. The only bone of contention I have is the quick wind-up at the end…after building and detailing everything that led them to the point they had arrived at, I felt like they got cheated by just casually wrapping up with a couple of quick paragraphs and fade to black.

I save my greatest praise for the end, however…you did a tremendous job capturing the emotional roller-coaster the characters will have experienced, from the initial shock, to the driven resolve, the slow onset of melancholy, depression, and madness, along with the burden of solitude and forbidden longing. For this last reason alone, you get 5 stars from me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous