Lost Among The Sand Dunes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good?" she murmurs.

"Yeah," Dave nods.

He doesn't say anything else as he shuffles off the table and pulls his shorts back on. Sam doesn't move, standing there in the middle of the room, in the heat, naked, with a hand between her legs. She's watching Dave tie up his shorts again. Dave runs a hand through his tousled hair, then he looks at her. She can see a strange expression on his face.

"You've missed this, you said."

"I guess, yeah, I did."

"This, but not me."

Sam doesn't reply, but Dave just smiles.

"So, you got what you wanted," he continues, "The best of both worlds."

"I...." she begins, but her voice fades out.

"We aren't kids anymore, Sam. Those days are over. We can't go back into the past."

Sam blinks and suddenly there are tears.

"I know," she confesses, "I know. I just...."

"What, Sam? Really, what?"

"Us, just the two of us among the sand dunes. That summer. I... I miss that."

Dave turns, heading for the door, but he comes to a halt in the entrance.

"I miss that girl too, Sam, the way she felt, how she was. But she's gone, and she's never coming back."

His shoulders sag as if supporting a terrible burden.

"I lost her somewhere out among the sand dunes. I kept chasing after her but then one day she was gone. I miss her every day," he says, "But it's her I miss, Sam. It's not you."

---

[Follow me for updates and other stories. If you like what you read, please leave a comment or a star rating. Constructive feedback is always welcome. If you want further adventures, or to check out my other stories, my story page is here.]

12