All Comments on 'Lost Ark Ch. 03'

by AllenWoody

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
CJMcCormickCJMcCormickover 2 years ago

Looking forward to the next chapter! Nothing like a good cloning story. 😁

maddictmaddictover 2 years ago

Awesome, good luck for a rescue of Skye. How ever two years will be a long time if you miss the shuttle

MulBe039MulBe039over 2 years ago

Great story, looking forward to part 4

Tough I do have to wonder if reprogramming and abducting the first Skye isn't likely the most cruel thing one could possibly do in this particular situation, since she is obviously the furthest away from self-awareness of all the clones.

Reprogramming her condemns her to a higher cognitive state, where she has a better grasp on her own fate, leading to a more painful death if she is left behind, and if she is rescued, she will live a life where she has programmed urges inside her head, which she will never be able to fully escape.

A mercy-killing where they don't see it coming seems like the kindest fate for all of the clones, except perhaps the Jade, who is capable of independently maintaining her existence and somewhat bypassing commands.

Separating her from the Juice machines and not getting her addicted, she might actually have a chance to lead a somewhat fulfilling life, tough I wouldn't envy her about the moment where she becomes self-aware enough to realize her origins and has to come to terms with those.

In fact, reading this story from her perspective might probably make for some VERY potent existential horror.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAllenWoody@AllenWoody
Hello everyone! I'm just like you; I enjoy writing my fantasies out and sharing them with others. I want to improve as a writer so I'm open to constructive feedback.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Lost Ark Ch. 02 Previous Part
Lost Ark Series Info