All Comments on 'Lost at Sea Bk. 02 Ch. 18'

by KingOfHalves

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
xXxphotographerxXxxXxphotographerxXxabout 3 years ago

Wow! Did NOT see that coming! Keep this up! One of the best series here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Holy!!! Twist upon twist, very curious to find out what happens to etheral Caine. You have woven a compelling tale.

kyotie913kyotie913about 3 years ago
Great Story But

Great story very enjoyable but why did you kill in the last chapter it wasn't needed

VoxmentisVoxmentisabout 3 years ago

This story keeps building. Thanks for giving us these great complex characters.

abiostudent3abiostudent3about 3 years ago

Holy FUCK.

I was already going to be amazed about having never read a set-up chapter this good before...

Those last few paragraphs, though, oh my god. That's not something I ever imagined happening, especially after setting him up as different. Holy shit - you've legitimately managed to shake your readers, which is the best thing an author could hope for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow...

...just...wow. Magic explosion fucking! Great character development! Delightful descriptions!

SirColin77SirColin77about 3 years ago

Wow! A Game of Thrones move: Killing off a favored character. He has lived many lifetimes, maybe he returns? Excellent work!

SuggestionSuggestionabout 3 years ago

Simply phenomenal character development throughout this chapter. (Though I still say that Jack is a traitorous whore that Will should never speak with again. Your story though and you tell it well.) The details around the camp paint a vivid picture, such as the doctor's clothes being hung out to dry. Masterfully done.

You did have a few typos that I am not used to seeing from you. Try using grammar check as well as spell check. It was a minor annoyance in a masterful tale.

And then you killed Caine. A previous comment compared it to a Game of Thrones move. The thing is, I read the first book of that series long before there was a show. I never bothered to read the rest of the books. I will never watch the show. Every reason to continue caring about that story was dead at the end of the first book. When you make your readers care about your characters, it hurts to see them die; to know that they are gone from the story. Caine had so much potential to add to the rest of the story and now it is gone. Any closure of knowing his intriguing past will just be a reminder that he is gone. This doesn't build suspense. It doesn't add to the sense of danger. It just leaves the reader empty.

4 stars for what should have been your best chapter in a book of best chapters. I am not sure if I'll read the next. If I want heartbreaking stories, I can watch the nightly news.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Don't listen to the haters, Caine's death was pitch-perfect. Shocking, sad. That's drama! And it seems likely to be a great inciting incident on the island.

Looking forward to Belita regaining herself, and the crew coming together.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingOfHalves@KingOfHalves
Lost at Sea is currently about 500k words, and well into the second book. If you're a fan of epic fantasy, pirates, mysteries, and the emotional complexities of polyamourous harem-ish relationship, this is the story for you. Each chapter averages 8k to 10k words. My release ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES