Lost at Sea Bk. 02 Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prelate Alexandra smiled, knowing exactly who she was talking about. "He is one of my agents. I did tell you he was unorthodox. And challenging."

"He is a disrespectful, excommunicated slob who smells like old beer, but can handle Blessed relics, and casually manhandled a Centurion," Sister Victoria said with a tight voice, trying to maintain her respectful tone.

"Did he?" The Prelate sighed in slightly amused exasperation, then sighed in resignation. "Of course he did. I hope everyone involved is alright?"

"Sir Hector's pride is wounded. As is mine, to be honest," Victoria admitted.

"I did try to warn you," Alexandra said in a warm but mildly chastising tone. "Did you speak with Acolyte Castilian?"

"Yes," Victoria said, pursing her lips. "She took some convincing, but is cooperating with us."

"Oh, excellent. The hubbub outside is related, I presume?" Alexandra asked with a smile.

"Yes. It seems we accidentally kicked a hornets nest. The pirates who are after Acolyte Castilian are currently gathering at William Sterling's lighthouse. It is nothing we cannot handle, but we will be leaving tonight."

"It was inevitable," Prelate Alexandra said, bringing her holy symbol to her lips in a silent prayer. "I tried to put that conflict off for as long as possible. I am sorry it has fallen to you to deal with."

"That was explained,' Victoria said. "I do not think the pirates know the church is involved. We will try to keep it that way."

"You have my thanks," Alexandra said.

There was a knock at the door. Sister Victoria opened it and let a slightly disheveled Magistrate Captain in. He gave them both a small but respectful bow. "I understand we are to leave tonight," he said without preamble.

"Yes, Captain," Victoria said quickly. "Take the ship around the island until you are directly below the Fort, and anchor there. Dispatch a smallboat to the coast just below the old lighthouse. We will signal when we are aboard the smallboat and returning to you. Be ready to leave in a hurry."

"Understood, ma'am," The Captain nodded.

"Dismissed, Captain," Victoria said with an appreciative smile.

As the captain left, Prelate Alexandra went to her window, looking out over the gentle seas where the Inquisitor's ship would be waiting later. "Fill two reliquaries from the font before you leave."

Victoria gasped. "Two? Are you sure, Prelate?"

"Quite," Alexandra said. "We will recover, don't you worry. In the wake of this chaos, more people than ever will be turning to the church for guidance and protection. One of the reliquaries is for you, to help with your mission. The other, give to Caine."

Victoria's eyes went wide. "Prelate, you cannot give holy water to an Exile."

"I am not," Alexandra said. "He will know who it is for."

Victoria looked skeptical, but curtsied. "I must go."

"Warden be with you," Prelate Alexandra said, giving the Inquisitor a gesture of blessing.

In the distance, they heard bells ringing from the harbor.

"Merciful Warden, what is it now?" Victoria groaned.

Alexandra smiled benevolently. "I suspect it is the balance of power, tipping."