Lost Empire Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pars001
Pars001
2,202 Followers

Derrick was about to go back planet side when Hartwell called. "Sire we've received word from Baron Talbert, I think it would be best in your present..." As he appeared in front of Derrick, Hartwell shook his head he'd done it a few times now and still wasn't used to it yet. " ... location. Damn still not used to that."

Derrick smiled then nodded he'd used it more than anyone and HE still wasn't used to it. "So did our friend the baron have much to say?

"Oh yes, though not as interesting as what he didn't say." Hartwell told Derrick.

Derrick nodded as Hartwell started the data disc. "I have been to the Duke's residence and enjoyed a rich repast. The Duke is very confident that the new emperor will soon shower him great favor. He has boasted that he has connections that the emperor will want to connect with soon, this in turn has caused a new bravado from the Duke. I miss you my dear Hart and hope to see you soon be well and remember you are missed." The Baron's voice was replaced with a soft static.

"So the son of a bitch is behind it!" Derrick growled. They had set up certain phrases to keep the Baron safe. Basically the Baron had been treated like crap, like he was far beneath the Duke, it seemed the Duke was expecting the emperor to be dead soon. It also appeared that the Duke was boasting about it in open chambers knowing that the lesser Nobles would say nothing in fear the Duke took action against them.

"What do you want to do about it? You know the word of a minor Noble won't hold up anywhere, not against a full on Duke. I know you have a growing force Sire, but even with them he still has an edge. You are going to need every ship you have to topple this one." Hartwell was telling Derrick.

"I know, you know I think we need to start that tour of the Nobles estates and territories. Mary we're going to go around to the different Nobles territories, I am taking a detachment of those in the palace." A moment later all those in the throne room started to appear around the bridge. "Good, thank you Mary, I'll keep a com open at all times to you." Derrick told Mary before he started to direct all the men to the hall ways and several of the rooms there.

"It has been a very long time since I have had this many people on board. It feels strange but wonderful at the same time." Shelby told him after she'd appeared and had started to also direct all of the men to the rooms.

"I was hoping you weren't offended Shelby I'm glad you weren't. Contact Ace, Conner, and Celeste we are all going, it isn't the force I want to have with me but I need Zan and Sherry to watch their brother while he finishes re-gen." Derrick said as he issued orders.

Shelby smiled and contacted all three ships a moment later a hologram of Thomas appeared. "We going to scare the crap out of those dandies?" He chuckled.

"No not yet," chuckled Derrick. "Though I do want them to know I'm not playing any more. Four ships I think just might make that pompous ass reconsider trying anything though."

"Anytime you're ready, I've got Conner all set to go, don't even have to aim!" Derrick started to laugh harder Thomas was fierce enough to look at but with a ship? He was down right scary as hell! Good thing he was on their side!

Pars001
Pars001
2,202 Followers
12