Lost Empire Ch. 78

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lifting, the Duke made for space as fast as possible. With the help of the Cregons he felt assured of the eventual defeat of the fake to the throne. Smirking, he thought of Maury, the last president. Not the smartest man, though he was a good manipulator of people.

It was a shame that the idiot had let himself get captured. Then again, the Duke thought, the man's assistant was still alive. Good thing he wasn't using the Taiolan sect anymore. That leader had been crazy beyond even the Duke's liking.

The Duke's hands flew over the controls as he set course for the next planet he needed to visit. One look at the time piece told him it would be a day or so 'til he arrived. This was the last ship he had left when he escaped.

Shaking his head he really hated to smear his body with more foul smelling liquid. If it got rid of the pretender to the throne, then it would well be worth it.

It was almost two days later when the Duke's ship exited trans-warp. Looking at the dark world he was approaching, the Duke dialed a certain frequency. A sadistic smile twisted on his lips as he heard the static. It had been set up by his family so that they would know that this was the correct planet.

The Duke shuddered as he thought of meeting with more foreign allies. Opening another vial, the Duke began to smear it all over his body. The Duke had to hold his nose, this was by far worse than the last one.

Turning the translator on, the Duke spoke the prearranged phrases. A few moments later a scratchy voice was heard.

"So our ally has returned. It has been far too long since his evil presence has been felt." The voice said.

"I am afraid that, that bastard is dead. His usefulness was far passed. This is the second seed from him, I have come to help you arrange revenge upon the empire that trapped you here." The Duke said.

"We do not know you, try to land, you will be vaporized before you touch the ground." Retuned the voice.

A little pissed the Duke snapped, "fine then I will take the plans for the ship and the power sources to the Cregons. I am sure they wish revenge on the empire that trapped them here also. I.."

The Duke was interrupted by another voice. "How dare you talk to us like that! We should..."

"HA! You'll do nothing especially without my help. No one knows you are here, just like the Cregons. As I said I can go to them, they want revenge. My family has kept the secret, allowing you to live and grow. THAT, can soon be rectified!" The Duke snapped.

"You dare..." the second voice started.

"I dare what ever the hell I want! I hold the plans, the energy sources, ALL the replenishers. Another word and I'll let your rivals the Cregons know just where you are! Well!? Bah! I am through with pitiful shadows of once proud conquering races." The Duke spit out slowly turning his ship away.

"Wait!" A new more authoritative voice shouted over the com. "You are indeed your sire's seed. You may land, it will be a glorious day when we can take revenge. Revenge upon this hated humanoid race, plus are hated enemies the Cregons."

"That's more like it. Know that, I have more than sufficient firepower to destroy the colony if I detect treachery." The Duke growled out.

An hour later the Duke's craft touched down. As he was shutting down a series of alarms went off. "Warning, Warning! Reading slight malfunction within trans-warp engine. Weapon's efficiency has been reduced fifteen percent. Self repair has started, estimated time to finish, thirteen hours, thirty two minutes. Trans-warp will require ten hours, twenty three minutes."

Shit! The Duke thought, then a sick evil smile came to his lips. All those bastards were dust after all, so really he got the last laugh. "How much will have to be shut down to accomplish this?" The Duke asked.

"Complete shut down of all systems." The monotone voice reported.

The Duke thought a few moments then shook his head. "With the hostile environment we are in, I am afraid that isn't possible. I need shields up the entire time I am gone, if you can shut them off do so. Though, you need to keep an active scan on at all times. If you are approached by any of the inhabitants of this planet I want them up, weapons also."

"This will seriously lengthen the repair time." The voice stated.

The Duke growled, "just follow my damn instructions!"

"Compliance," the voice said, "now commencing shut down of almost all systems."

The Duke breathed a sigh of relief, reaching into a large box, the Duke started to withdraw several items. Clicking several switches on the items, the Duke smiled as each came to life. Taking a deep breath, the Duke stepped out of the ship.

Only a few moments later, the Duke turned as he heard the sound of humming approaching. Shading his eyes he saw several forms as they started to come into view. Just as I remember he thought, the forms started to take shape.

Within moments several cleared winged, insect like creatures landed. "We have been instructed to bring you to the Queen." The obvious leader said as it tried to grab the Duke, only to be knocked back over thirty meters. Then there was the fact that legs of the creature were severely burned.

"I think I will walk." The Duke said to the rest that were assembled. "Oh yes, I forgot." The Duke said as he drew a strange looking weapon, firing at the one that had tried to touch him. The weapon emitted a strange beam that seemed to melt the burned legged one, amid screams of tortured pain. The Duke turned to the others, "there saved the queen having to correct his failure."

There was what sounded like snickering as the Duke started to walk to the nearby hive.

12