Lost Empire Ch. 79

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On the other end Daniel Norman sighed, with all that was going on this made the rest of the problems seem petty. He'd finally become a father to his daughter again, though this he felt he wasn't sure he'd be able to help with.

"I'll see you in an hour Mara, we'll see if we can come up with a plan. That is after you tell me everything." A tired sounding Daniel said.

David Greeson was having a hard time keeping his anger in check. Thank goodness his master had concentrated on that control as much as he had. Then again David was still having trouble keeping the rage he felt building from spilling out.

When he had met Mara, he had found they had so much in common, a fact that had him falling for her. After what had come out her mouth in the dining hall though, he wasn't sure. What? Did she see him as a trophy that she could claim? He stopped dead still in the middle of the hallway his fists clenched in rage. He had seen others like that giving in, losing their selves, 'til they were damn near slaves. THAT, was not going to happen.

At the moment he wasn't sure what he was going to do. With a turn David went toward the training area not far away. He just hoped that the holograms and robots were enough to help quell that anger.

It was more than an hour later that Mary's voice was heard. "Colonel Dempsey? Sir, it appears that we have a situation."

"A situation?" A startled Kimon asked. Both his mother and Oni also wore concerned looks on their faces.

"Yes sir, it appears that Captain Greeson has taken over the training area. All attempts to reach him have been rebuffed or ignored. A full squad was dispatched to ascertain what is wrong, they are not answering their coms." Mary said.

"When were you aware of this?" Kimon asked.

"Shortly after Captain Norman, called me concerned about him. It appears he also refused to answer her calls." Mary said.

"I see," Kimon said with a sigh and a shake of his head. "It looks as if I have to save my student. If it is that is his intended that is at the cause of this," here Kimon looked at Oni. "I may need you there, though, the both of us might have to kill him to stop him. He has progressed very far since he faced my disgrace."

A shocked look came to Oni's face, then she nodded as the both of them arose. "I will accompany you in case he can be saved. My son, do you think it is the Ai no nikushimi? His Ki will have raised quite high. Might I suggest the both of you be cautious?" Akira Dempsey said.

Kimon and Oni nodded again as they rapidly moved out of the room toward the where Greeson was. Outside the room, Mara Norman was standing, a look of fear and terror on her face. "I tried to each him, it only seemed to make it worse."

"I suggest that you please keep out of sight Captin Norman. It may be that Greeson is experiencing Ai no nikushimi, a deep hate of love. His emotions have linked to his abilities, he very is powerful though in danger. If we cannot reach him, he will die at our hands, or his own body will burn out." Kimon said, Oni, nodding her agreement.

Mara's mouth dropped open, the look of fear on her face even more apparent. "My god, please help him. I think he misunderstood what I was trying to say when this started. I... I love him, it might destroy me if he doesn't make it."

Oni bowed to Mara, having seen the intense look of love in her eyes. "We will do what we can." Mara nodded as the two moved to the threshold stopping when Oni put her hand on Kimon's shoulder. "My Ito sa remashita, you may have to use the Maindotōku (mind talk)."

Kimon could only stare at Oni, "it has been a very long time since I used that. With one who has never experienced it before it will require much ki energy. I cannot put you in danger like that, you would have to fight and protect me while I initiate it."

"I am a far better master than you think, I also have a few tricks." Oni said a serious look on her face. "He is a worthy student to last as long as he did shows that you trained him well. Just reach him as quickly as you can."

Kimon ran everything through his head then ran it again not seeing a resolution to the situation. With a sigh Kimon said, "I will start, perhaps seeing me will break the emotions hold on his mind."

Kimon seemed to vanish, then appeared in front of Greeson. A look of intense anger spread across Greeson's face as he pushed out knocking Kimon back a few feet. Kimon nodded as he'd gotten a feel of Greeson's emotions from the slight touch. Concentrating he felt several blocks in Greeson fall away.

Greeson, came Kimon's thoughts, can you hear me? A moment later Greeson lashed out again trying to drive Kimon away. They both disappeared as blows were heard though nothing was seen. A moment later there was a loud thud with Greeson, sliding back a few feet. A look of surprise covered his face as his eyes cleared a moment staring at Kimon. "Master?" Greeson said then his eyes glazed back over.

Oni appeared at that moment looking at Kimon who nodded then sat. All around him there was heard the sound of blows and thuds. A slight sweat broke out on Kimon's head as he started to concentrate harder, then his body slightly shook. A moment later a loud hit was heard as Oni was propelled toward the wall, then sliding down it unconscious.

More sweat began to fall as Kimon pushed harder. Greeson stopped looking around the room. Who is this intruding on my thoughts? Came Greeson's thoughts.

It is your master, stop this you have to hear things out, I believe you do not have all the facts, returned Kimon's thoughts.

I...I'm not sure if I can I... came Greeson's thoughts as he took a step forward the fell to the ground unconscious. Kimon's eyes snapped open, who then attempted to stand. Crawling to Oni after his failed attempt to stand, Kimon put a hand on Oni's inert form. A slight glowing appeared then faded as Kimon smiled then let the darkness take him.

12