Lost in Purgatory

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hear the alarm in her voice.

"David, w--why do you have your gun out? P--p-please put it away. Please, David!"

"Oh, don't worry. I'm all out of the notion of KILLING ALL OF YOU! You can thank Spike for that."

"Ki—kil--killing all of us? Oh, God! David, I'm so s-sorry."

Lisa falls into deep air-sucking sobs, and I can't take it anymore. I raise my head and look at her broken, tear-smeared beautiful face as her shoulders jerk with each pitiful sob.

The pain overwhelms me as I feel the loss of everything I hold dear, knowing I will never again feel the indescribable peace that is merely a state of being when you become one with the love of your life, your soulmate, and never question it.

The last tenuous threads of my soul tear away, and I feel no more pain as all my senses go into overdrive, like a microphone humming on the edge of a feedback loop.

I reach for the coffee table, grab my gun, and everything goes into slow motion as Lisa's eyes go wide with alarm.

All my struggling to understand has been replaced with an overwhelming sense of clarity. I know what's wrong with me as I put the cold barrel under my chin.

I can't live without her.

I see Lisa desperately moving toward me in a bizarre, dream-like, extreme slow motion.

I close my eyes as she screams,"NOOOOOO! DAA...

...I reach out to close our laptop, my hand trembling, my heart ripped out and shattered, every nerve ending in my body on fire with the rage that is overcoming my complete despair...

Lost in Purgatory.

One final indulgence.

Please conjure-up Rod Serling's iconic voice to bring it home.

"David could not absolve himself of guilt over Lisa's infidelity and move on. He is now lost and destined to spend eternity reliving those last hellish hours of his life over and over again. Somewhere in,

The Twilight Zone!"

The never-ending!

Copyright © Hubby77

All rights reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author, except for the use of brief quotations in reviews. Names of characters and or places are fictitious, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental unless otherwise stated in the text. This story contains mature themes, strong language, and sexual situations. It is intended for mature readers. All characters are 18+ years of age.