All Comments on 'Lost in the Woods'

by alvis636

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A pretty straightforward narrative written with enough skill that there were no glaring miscues to detract from the story. Enjoyable even though there wasn't much doubt from the beginning where the "wandering hiker" would end up once the smell of smoke hit his nostrils--but that wasn't a bad thing since there was always the possibility that ... might still end up making him part of her menu.

As to who she might have been? Legends of female "forest spirits" have been found in most world cultures, many of whom were either mischievous or malevolent; I prefer the kind that this woman appeared to be--mysterious and sexually assertive but ultimately helpful to a "lost" soul. (The Three Graces of Greek mythology would serve quite well as models, as would Naiads.)

An entertaining challenging story. 5 of 5. More please.

MLJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useralvis636@alvis636
I wouldn't consider myself a professional writer, but I do enjoy putting my thoughts on paper. I am currently working on a large multi chapter story but am waiting to have more complete before posting it. In the mean time, I am working with editors to finalize a short one of...