All Comments on 'Lost Love'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Man, that's a hell of a story...

Amazing. The sex is superb, sure. But the emotion in the story is really the winner. Literally brought tears to my eyes. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Breathless

I'm breathless. The best piece of writing here, period.

Okay, now I need to go make love to my wife and make her feel special...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Unbelievable

I would give more than a 5 if I could. You made me cry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
i loved it

It reminded me a lot of the notebook (the emotional part). i literally was crying at the end. I loved it entirely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Absolutely outstanding!

OMG! .. to have shared love and passion, this way .. to have loved and desired, this way .. to have been loved and embraced, this way .. and to have losted a love in tragedy, this way .. then to rekindle the love

Absolutely outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Treasure the moments we have

Too have loved that way and to loose it is so unfair. My husband and I got together after 17 years of being friends and we're coming up to our 3rd anniversary. Reading this made me appreciate the time we have and to make sure that I embrace it's entirety.

The sex\romance was great as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A Really Moving Story

A truly moving story. I would have loved it more without the tragic ending. Perhaps a serious accident and partial recovery over months with full recovery over years after say a miraculous visit to say Lourdes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wow

Best writing on here, period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Story of My Life

A friend read this story and sent it to me. It moved me, not only because it was a touching story but because this is what happened to me. My husband of two years died eight months ago and I've been grieving since. He also died in a car accident (although he was wearing a seatbelt) and we loved each other unconditionally and completely. I miss him so much, and Nicole's experience sounded so real...I'm glad my friend showed me this story or I would never have found it...I was compelled to come to this site and review it. Thank you for the wonderful gift.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Simply a Masterpiece.

This story is easily one of the best on this site. I was completly blown away. You have such a wonderful gift. For everyone's sake please never stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Beautiful...

The quality of writing is amazing, I really feel for the characters, and I've cried all over my keyboard, but I'm so glad to have read this story. Thank you, and don't stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Incredible

This was amazing, the story couldn't be more real if it happened to me in real life. This is indubitably the best submission i have ever read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Awesome!!!

Truly this is one of the greatest, most heartfelt (I'm about to cry & I'm a guy), sexy stories I have ever read on this site. It inspires me and encourages me to want to submit a story someday. This story just touches you on so many levels. I want to write like this and to make others feel like this. You have a wonderful talent. Please keep writing and thanks for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Amazing, and so touching

i loved this story, i cried the whole time while i was reading the last page. it was so amazingly heartfelt and my heart broke at the end with nicholes. this is absolutely without a doubt the best story i have read, thank you =)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago

*cries*

There isn't much to be said...truly heartbreaking and it felt so real... Thank you...

To be able to bring such pleasure and such pain with words on a "page" is a great gift.... The research was sound aswell... I loved the details... Kudos...

Thanks for the good cry also.... I needed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wow

The best and worst of life. I'm impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent work

Truly a heartfelt story in every sense of that word. You have a real gift for expressing matters of the heart while including some incredible sex too. I will look for more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Loved it.

You are a tremendously talented author. You have captured so many emotions and you have the great ability to let your readers connect w/ the story. I cried for Nichole. Thank you for Sharing your talent w/ others.

D3ment3DD3ment3Dalmost 18 years ago
Amazing

This is an incredible story. You're an amazing author, I enjoy your stories very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WOW

I cried. Seriously, it was THAT heartbreaking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Worthy commenting

This is the first story I've read that I felt I had to leave a comment in case the author still checks. Before reading, I wanted to see if this story wrapped itself up and I saw some of the comments people made about crying reading this. I thought, no way, but I get to the fifth page and I start to cry. Great job, beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
one problem

sorry, i didnt read the whole thing, skimmed parts, but the part where he proposes and gives her that penguin stuffed animal?

penguins dont mate for life.

every mating season they find a new partner.

have you ever watched 'march of the penguins'?

anyways, thats my only critisism.

it was very well written =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
wow

that was intense...

I know that the whole point of the story was flashbacks to when he was alive, but you integrated it all so well within the story. I cried at the end...keep up the GREAT work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Amazing.

You're an amazing writer. Your story was fantastic. You read some of these stories online and all that happens is just sex every single paragraph. This story is more realistic. And how Michael died was very sad, I cried. This story is just completely AMAZING.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not Enough!

The other responses pretty much says it all for me, except that this story scores way beyond your 1 - 5 scale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
By far the best

This story, by far, was the best one I have read on here and the only one that I have left a comment on. Not only were the sex episodes incredible but very imaginative. I am going to have to remember some of these for myself. This story had so much love in it, and I was really getting connected to these characters. Even though it was a sad story, I doubt many people share this kind of love. Thank you for writing this. It is amazing work. You really have talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
wow!

i thought your story was wonderful, sad, exciting, sensual and erotic. i was crying like i knew both main characters. i couldn't imagine losing my soulmate (tom) we too met when we were 12, lost touch after years of letter writing, and seeing each other occasionally at parties then when i was 21, we met again, realised we both had strong feelings, and now although we are not mariied we have a little boy and plan to marry. i'm still sobbing from the story. what a heart wrencher!

thanx for the story and fro maming me realise to take each day lovingly and have as much fun with sex and your partner like it might be the last!

luv hayley 25 from the uk (near liverpool)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I feel your pain

I was a young widow to to lose a husband is painful and somehow we manage to drag ourselves back to the real world.

its fortunate that you have a close loving family

this storie brought many memories back to me it was well worth the read

Thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
great read

You brought out the emotions beautifully. I've not found the love of my life yet, but reading this made me realise that everyone should experience love like this atleast once in their lives. And when they do find that love, they should cherish it every moment. Thanks for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Heartbreaking!

I can't believe it, I'm crying! Haha and it normally takes a lot for me to cry! This was an amazing story :) x

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Tear Jerker!!

I cried and cried when I read this story....it's the best one I've read yet!

OleTroubadorOleTroubadorover 15 years ago
And now, write more!

It took a while, but I finally understood why you put in the romance section. It's a good fit, but maybe literotica should set up a tear-jerker classification!

A really great read.

CharlieZhCharlieZhabout 15 years ago
Heartbreaking...

It is an amazing story. The characters and the interpersonal relationships were extraordinarily realistic and abnormally touching. I'm not normally emotional, but your story really touched me. I hope you continue to write more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
so beautiful....

That has to be one of the most beautiful and heart wrenching stories I have read period. Great work, you have an extraordinary ability to pull emotion out of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
In Awe

I have read many, many, many stories on this site... and never before have I come across one that has touched me so deeply. You brought me to ecstasy... and moved me to tears. My cheeks are still wet as I write this. Your writing is incredible. There are a few editing errors to fix, but otherwise it is mesmerizing. You have a knack for making your characters real, in a way that readers can identify with; without realizing exactly how tied to them we are until the end. You are remarkable. Thank you... for giving me a reason to type out my first feedback. This is the first story that genuinely deserves it.

ElizzyElizzyalmost 15 years ago
That was so sad

It made me cry...

No happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Beautiful..

My eyes are watery, my heart heavy but I love this wonderful piece..very realistic and in depth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This is probably a good story

but in this case Art imitates Life too closely to enjoy it. I read stories on here as pure escapism to get away from the harsh realities of life and to escape, for a while, in to a fantasy world as - to me - that is what these stories are all about - escapism and fantasy - so for a short time I can forget just how hard life is and go into a world that makes me feel better just for a while. This story is all too real and the ending just shows that life is a total bitch at times - it did not make me feel good or take me in to a fantasy world and as such it does not float my boat.

The1PaladinThe1Paladinover 14 years ago
Wow.

When I decide to read an author, I always read their stories in the order that they post them. I enjoy reading and seeing an author's growth as they post. The fact that this was the first story you posted, I am looking very forward to your other submissions.

GulfMisprintGulfMisprintover 13 years ago
I decided to make my first public comment about this one: Great!

I voted 5 by le.com standards. I'd also vote a 5 by professional standards. (See my profile if you're curious what I judge by.)

I love good dialog, and I thought the conversation between Ernie and John was one of the three best I've read this year.

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 13 years ago
Never lost - not really

Don't know why I never read this before - glad I finally did. Beautifully written, hard to believe it was your first. You captured the shock and grief of sudden death all too well. (Been there - we lost our youngest, at age 19, to Sudden Cardiac Death 9 years ago.) The missing never stops, you just learn - over time - to live with. A friend asked me what it felt like to lose a child, "like an amputation, something is missing and will never be back, you may learn to live around it - but it's still gone.

Nicely written - well done.

naughtycouturenaughtycoutureabout 13 years ago

This was the first story I ever read on this site... probably about 6 years ago now. Over the years, I would think back to it. It spoke to me in a way few stories do. I happened to stumble across it again, and it made me think back to when I first read it all those years ago. Life has changed so much since then, but this story still brings back the same feelings I felt back then.

I'm glad it was the first story I read. It kept me coming back to read more. It also inspired me to write, though I have yet to post them. I'm still not sure I'm good enough for others to read-- allowing others to read what is in your heart and soul makes one feel very vulnerable. 6 years after first discovering this site and reading this story and I still haven't gotten up the nerve to post anything. Maybe one day I will.

Gpexpress79Gpexpress79about 13 years ago
Time and place.

I'm afraid I either picked the best one, or the worst one to read this.

I'm sitting here on my back verandah, on a grey day, with a soft rain falling, crying my eyes out like a lost child.

This story has hit me like a hammer, and I appreciate the work and emotion you've put into it.

I'm working my way down your submission list, and you have a rare talent.

Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us.

For now, please excuse me, I have to go hug my wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Bravo

Like someone else, this too is my first ever comment on this site.

Reading your story, i cried. I bawled. I sobbed.

It made me think about how i would, or rather, wouldn't, cope when my husband dies (he has a serious illness, to which there's no telling how well or how long he'll live - 3 years, 13, or 30?). This story was wonderfully written. Yes it had a couple of typos or grammatical errors (small things that spellcheck wouldn't have picked up), but for once, i wasn't hung up about these (unlike with some other stories here) because the whole story was generally very well written.

Bravo! Please don't stop writing.

AlpineskierAlpineskieralmost 13 years ago
yes

one of the top ten i have read on this site in the three? years i have been here. thank you for sharing such an in-depth touching story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This is amazing... and heartbreaking...

You should have warned the reader, I was about to cry more than once. I´m not sure I was ready for that.

And... Well... Till the end I was expecting for something, magic perhaps. But I must say I won´t add this story to my fave list and I´ll try not to read it again, even if the idea would cross my mind eventually because it´s really beautiful. Thing is, I´ll never want to discover how it´s like to go through such a pain.

You´re a great writer. Congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

It seemed a little too long. The ending worked out good but conveying how much they loved each other could have been done in 1/3 to 1/2 the length to get to ending. They could have harvested some of Michael's semen before they pulled the plug on him so at least Nichole could have had his baby.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
no condoms needed

very nice erotic story, but i think it could have done without the part about needing a condom or talking about how she's on the pill. they're in love, they don't care.

jamac1024jamac1024over 11 years ago

i LOVED this story! it well written and the pace and length of the story was perfect for what it was - a remembering time for a grieving spouse who lost a much beloved husband...it was a time of healing for the widow and was depicted beautifully...i felt deeply the emotions in this story...awesome work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
beautifully and wonderfully done

i cried, i sobbed, i bawled my eyes out! i have a stack of 20 tissues next to my bed. i was so touched by your story. i dont usually like longer stories or sad ones, but this was amazing and i am so glad that i read it. for what it was you wrote it perfectly! i loved the sweet, tender flashbacks. i began to feel the love that nichole felt for michael. and it took me lk 5x's longer to get through the last page cuz i had to blow my running nose and dry my constant watering eyes cuz they were so blurred with my tears that i literally couldnt read the words! forget the stupid negative comments of people who just get off at being critical. this was beautiful! thankyou so much for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
AMAZING

It's sooo good, omg I'm literally in tears...soo beautifully written hasn't read anything like it..Woow I'm in love with the story!!!! Keep up the good work and keep me sobbing please? Haha no jokes..this was great and amazing...amazing is all i can say...amazin!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A very amazing story

Oh well, I cried. The story end up so beautifully and it has a very interesting plot and flashbacks. I expect more sad stories from you. Keep it up!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 10 years ago
Simply amazing.

I see from your earlier work (that I traced back to here to learn about Nichole) that you have a tendency to write sad stories. And write them very well.

For your first story all I can say is: I cried, and I was oh so drawn to the characters.

And I cried some more.

Jason

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
wow

Beautiful

just beautiful

i loved it and sobbed.

thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I shed many a tear reading this sad love story!

Sad but great story both erotic and of deep love between Nicole and Michael. If they were real, I would have like to have known them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
beautiful & heartwrenching

This is the 7th story of yours that has brought me to tears; while also providing a lot of joy, laughter and friendship. All of the stories draw the reader in so that "we feel that we actually know the characters"; that they're part of our lives; that is what any story teller should strive for - you did it from your very first.

Luckily the 1st story that I read of yours was "Check Yes or No" which appears to be a stand-alone & it was warm-hearted. Then I got brought back in for "Somethings are meant to be & I want to be in love",then McKayla's Quadrilogy. Next is "Impersonating Brianne" then I hope that I've covered everything in preparation for Tapestry.

I wish that the names had matched up so that I wouldn't be reading stuff in Reverse Chronological order.

Thanks;

DKP

I still say that these should be either a Premier Mini-Series; or MasterPiece Theatre. If I had the money; I'd find a way to get it done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
such a loving story

You have me crying again. This one really tugged at my heart.

Ron Texas

mcollectmcollectover 9 years ago
This is what this site should be about.

Great story and yes my eyes are wet! of course 5*

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
beautiful

but it's tough to read when your eyes are blurry

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 9 years ago
You never get over the loss of a true love

So let your wife/husband/significant other know that you love them with all your heart.

HLD, this was a truly memorable story, even through the tears. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story - Lost a couple of friends last couple of months!

This was a 2nd or 3rd read of this story as I am re-readiing a lot of my favorite ones. I lost a 25 year co-worker friend after Thanksgiving and a 5 year OB/GYN this past weekend. Both of their passing has left me with a heavy heart as I am getting up in age and not really in best of health. The two widow's have the greatest loss and broken hearts, but is difficult for me to accept the loss of these two friends. God acts in mysterious ways as we go through life of exultations as we fall in love, get married, have children and see them get married and give us grandchildren. I loved this story of love between Nichole and Michael. Thanks and hope to read many more of my favorites from you. (R.I.P. Jim and Dr. Wayne! You will be missed.

thalt992000thalt992000about 9 years ago

It makes me wish I didn't screw up and lose the one I love the most. I took advantage of her love and trust now I feel hollow reading stories like this help me realize I was a idiot of how I treated her. Though I still get to see her it will never be same anymore she's left me and now I feel lost and I never realized how much I relied on her and how hard I tried to save it but the damage was done

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 9 years ago
This is the standard of the genre

Again.

Started "love, the second time around" and, heeding your advice, came back to start the series over.

Every time I read this I weep, bittersweet with loss and joy at your compelling tale.

Jason

drachir53drachir53over 6 years ago
Great Love Story with a tragic ending! All 5's

This is the first time I have read this story in several years and it was heartbreaking after the accident. Nicole was a trooper for sure.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
I`VE READ A FEW OF YOUR STORIES ...........................

........ and you never cease to amaze me with how respectfully and eloquently you deal with the death of someone far too young.

I lost my wife to an undiagnosed heart condition over 35 years ago when she was 24 and our daughter was not yet 3. The strangest thing of all was that she KNEW she would die young, I of course never believed her.

Even after all these years and the fact that I have had another partner for almost 30 years, there are still days I think about her and miss her.

The hardest are the "what if ...." moments. What if I had taken her belief seriously, what if the doctor had been quicker, or the ambulance, what if our family doctor had been younger or better?

Your handling of this subject and its effects on those left behind is out of this world.

You obviously have faith in God, and that's alright, personally though, IF there was such an entity, there would be NO death, and a cure for every disease, and no small innocent child would lose a parent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2972 Followers
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...