Louise Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

She gave the bread one last glance, stirred the soup and went to call Hans for advice.

"What do I say?" she asked anxiously.

"The truth."' Hans replied. "He may have difficulty believing you and may need proof, but always tell the truth."

They hung up several minutes later with her feeling better but still nervous. After checking on the food and taking the bread out of the oven, she took a quick shower and got dressed.

********

Leon pulled up in front of the small house and parked. Surprisingly, his nerves settled. He looked over at the bouquet of flowers and grinned. He was a confirmed romantic. Since he was a few minutes early, he waited in the car.

After five minutes had passed, he picked up the flowers and got out of the car. The odor of cooking food grew stronger as he neared the house. As he waited for Nadine to answer the door, he took another look at the house and frowned.

It was barely noon but all of the shutters on the windows that he could see where tightly closed. He found that odd but then shrugged it off as not important.

Nadine answered the door a few seconds later with a nervous smile.

"Would you like to come in?" she asked shyly.

Leon hesitated. The question threw him. He had been expecting the usual "Please come in or welcome to my home."

He recovered quickly and accepted the invitation. As he walked into the house, something niggled in the back of his brain. The niggling was forgotten as his stomach grumbled.

"Are you hungry?" Nadine asked.

"Starved." Leon replied. "Oh, these are for you." he said handing her the bouquet of flowers.

"They're beautiful, thank you. I hope that vegetable soup and fresh bread is alright." Nadine said as she took the flowers.

"It smells great... do I smell jalapeno bread?"

"I got the recipe from Louise; I hope that it's hot enough for you."

"I'm sure that it's perfect." Leon replied as he looked down at her.

As of yet, he hadn't kissed her yet. The pecks on the cheek didn't count.

The scent of food and the rumbling in his stomach was forgotten as Leon took the flowers out of Nadine's hands and dropped them to the floor. Once his hands were free, he placed them on her shoulders and pulled her into him.

Nadine looked up at him expectantly and waited.

She didn't have to wait long. Leon bent down and lightly placed his lips on hers. The kiss was gentle, almost tentative before it deepened into a kiss of want and need.

Nadine broke the kiss first. They couldn't go any further until they talked.

"Let's eat." She said backing away.

Food was the furthest thing from Leon's mind but he followed her to the small kitchen.

"Have a seat and I'll bring it to you." Nadine said.

"I have a better idea." Leon replied, "You sit and let me serve you."

After going back and forth several times, Nadine finally sat at the table while Leon filled their bowls with soup and sliced the bread.

"I'll get the beverages." Nadine said and started to stand up.

"Tell me what it is and I'll get it." Leon said stopping her.

Finally, lunch was served and Leon devoured every bite of it.

"This was great and the bread was perfect." He told her.

"Did you get enough to eat?" Nadine asked. "If not I can make you a sandwich or something."

"I'm stuffed," Leon replied. "Nadine, you're nervous and to be honest; so am I. I propose that we get out whatever needs to be said so that we can both relax."

"I'm a vampire." She blurted out.

Leon looked at her and then laughed.

"Okay.... That was funny..."

"I'm not joking, I really am a vampire."" She said her voice tight with anxiety. "That's why I asked you if you wanted to come in and don't tell me that you didn't notice the shutters and dark drapes."

When Leon didn't say anything, she continued.

"That's why we were so drawn to each other... we belong together just like my father and Juliette belong together... Leon? Say something." She said panicked.

"A vampire? Like that Elvira chick?" Leon asked still not sure if Nadine was teasing him or not. He got his answer when she responded.

"That." She said tartly, "Is not a vampire! That is an abomination!"

"Whoa baby!"' Leon said raising his hands in surrender." I was just playing along."

Nadine took a deep breath and calmed down.

"I'm sorry but I can't stand that woman." She said. "But that doesn't change what I am and what we are to each other."

Leon didn't say anything for a long time wondering why he wasn't running for the door and why he believed her. He had never given thought to the question of whether there were other forms of life in the world but here he was sitting with a woman who claimed to be not human and he had to see proof."

"Okay...I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but could you show me some proof?"

Nadine thought about showing him her fangs but changed her mind. She needed to do something that left no doubt as to what she was. She vanished from where she was, stood behind Leon and kissed his neck as she ran her hands down the front of his shirt.

Leon flew out of his chair knocking it over in the process. He looked around for Nadine jumping when she appeared in front of him. Leon was speechless. He has expected her to show him her fangs.

"Oh shit...this is for real." He whispered as he looked for a place to sit.

"Chair." Nadine said softly.

Leon's eyes widened as the chair that he had just knocked over moved behind him.

"Double shit." He murmured still amazed that he wasn't afraid.

When he had sufficiently recovered from his shock, they moved to the living room to talk.

"Tell me everything." He said.

Six hours later, Leon knew everything about Nadine and Hans.

"That was the condensed version." Nadine said.

"Let me recap." Leon said. "Hans is older than Methuselah, you're over a hundred years old and both of you are vampires."

"That's correct." Nadine confirmed.

"You and I were destined to be together and so were Hans and my sister."

"Yes."

"In order for us to be together, I have to become a vampire and drink blood which means that I will always be six feet two inches tall and handsome forever plus I get you."

Nadine laughed relieved that Leon seemed to be taking things so well.

"Modest aren't you?" Nadine teased "but yes, that's the gist of it."

"In my experience, everything has a downside." Leon said. "So talk to me."

Nadine spent the next hour giving him the cons of the vampire life style.

"Secrecy is our best defense. There are those who would like to see us eradicated, but I need to clarify something. You don't have to turn. You can be immortal but any children that we have may be born human. If I had been the human mate, and you vampire; the male child would be born vampire and it could go either way for the females."

"So fifty-fifty both ways." Leon mused not liking the odds. "But if I turn they'll be born vampire?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Even the girls?" he asked.

"Yes but Leon; we may not have children, not all of us do. If we did it might not be for centuries."

"Who would do the turning?" Leon asked.

"It would have to be a male of your choosing." Nadine replied.

"I understand, but back to these people who want to kill you; who and what are they?"

"They are called hunters." Nadine explained. "They are as old as the vampire race itself. For the most part they are human, but other species join them. They have made it their mission to destroy us because they feel that we are evil. Make no mistake, there are those of us who are evil and we try to avoid them at all costs."

"Other species? You mean like werewolves?" Leon asked.

"Yes and others. Every creature that you've ever heard about in your bedtime stories exists. Some of them are evil, some not."

"Wow." Leon whistled, "I feel like I should be calling a psychiatrist or something... let me ask you something, are the Sinclaires' vampires too?"

"Yes but Leon, they have a story to tell. It isn't a pretty one, but it is one that they tell to every new mate and child when they are old enough. I expect that they will tell it to you and Juliette too."

"I don't suppose I can talk to Gene about this." Leon said.

"Could you trust him with this knowledge?" Nadine asked.

Leon wanted to say yes, but he knew that he couldn't.

"No," he replied, "At least not yet."

"Then you have your answer." Nadine replied softly. "It's important to remember that we are all responsible for the safety of each other. For that reason, very few humans know of us and we do little to dispel some of their beliefs about us. I can tell you about those later, it's time to go to the party."

"Wait a minute." Leon said. "Don't you want to know my answer?"

"Of course I do, but I didn't want you to feel as if I was pressuring you." Nadine replied.

"I was going to leave tomorrow." He said. "I was going to use the time to figure out what this thing between us is. I had to know whether it was an infatuation or something more. I also had to ask myself what the real reason for moving here was and it's you. The truth is, if that job had been offered to me before I met you, I would have turned it down. So now the question is, am I going to be on that jet tomorrow evening? The answer is yes although I admit to having the feeling that I wouldn't be.

I have business to wind up and I have to make sure Gene is alright. After that, I'll be back unless... you want to come with me. I'm sure that we can find a place to stay while we're there."

Nadine was surprised. She had expected him to ask for time to think.

"I would like that." she replied, "'but if you change your mind, tell me; I won't be offended or upset."

Leon found himself wishing that they weren't going to the party. He had so many questions and he wanted spend the evening and night getting to know this woman/vampire that he was going to change for.

Nadine touched his face, ran a finger over his lips and kissed him.

"Thank you for believing me." she whispered and kissed him again.

**********

Patrick and Kevyn were the first to arrive at Jonesy's. Because there were so many coming, Jonesy closed the restaurant.

"The place is yours for as long as you need it." He said after greeting them. "I also have an ulterior motive; I came up with some new recipes that I want you to try out."

Nathan and Louise arrived next followed by Juliette, Hans and the children. An hour later, everyone who was coming was there with Barb being the last one to arrive. She had changed her mind several times but decided to show up.

She sat at a table with Gene in the anticipation of having someone to commiserate with.

"Hey sis." Gene greeted with a sincere smile that made her hesitate.

"Hey yourself." Barb greeted as she sat down.

"So tomorrow is it." She said as she looked around.

"Yep." Gene said. "Back to the city of bridges and reality."

Barb looked at Gene and then at his drink.

"You aren't drinking beer?" she asked surprised.

"No, I'm on what they call the wagon." Gene replied.

"Sure you are." she replied with a snide tone in her voice.

"I haven't had a drink in over twenty-four hours." Gene replied. "I want to tell you something before anyone comes to sit with us. I'm sorry that I wasn't a better brother and person to you. I'm going to try to do better although I'm sure that I'm going to fuck up."

Barb stared at Gene as if he were a creature from another planet.

"What are you up to?" she asked. "Is this one of your games to get an investment out of them?"

"No game." Gene replied. "The other night when we were watching movies it dawned on me that I haven't done anything that dad wanted me to. I failed him and I failed you guys too. Losing Dana was my fault too. Remember how dad used to tell us that we're responsible for what we say and do? That lesson has finally hit home."

Barb was speechless. Gene was sincere. She had lost the one person who truly understood what she wanted.

"What about your job?" she asked. "You were counting on an investment from the high and mighty Sinclaires."

"I'll deal with that when I get home." Gene replied.

"Have you tried to sell your act to anyone else?" Barb asked.

"It isn't an act but yes, I've talked to everyone else. You were the last one. There's one more thing that I need to tell you."

Barb listened stunned as Gene told her about his involvement with Clay Robinson.

"You told her?" she asked shocked.

"Yeah, she knows."

"And you're still alive to tell about it?"

"Patrick was plenty angry." Gene replied. "'But I was more afraid of Kevyn. Jesus Barb, the look on her face... it was as if I'd shot her."

"Leon knows too?" she asked.

"Yes, he was as shocked as you are."

"Shock doesn't even cover what I'm feeling." Barb said in a hushed voice. "Damn Gene! You were really thinking about doing that? I've done some things in my time but thinking about murdering my sister? And then you were going to kill Clay?"

Gene's face burned with shame as Barb talked. Hearing it from her made it sound as bad as it was.

"What about Louise? Did you tell her too?"

"Kevyn said that she would tell her." Gene replied.

"Wait a minute." Barb said, "I'm a little rusty on my twelve step program thing, but aren't you supposed to do that?"

Instead of replying, Gene stood up and looked around the room until he spotted Louise. Barb had made a valid point even if it had been meant as a jibe. He took a deep breath and approached her table.

"Gene." Lou said smiling at him. "Is everything alright?"

Gene hesitated for a second and then spoke.

"I was wondering if we could talk before I left tomorrow. There's one thing that I haven't told you."

"Ok, we can meet for lunch if you like." Louise replied wondering what else there could possibly be to tell.

"Can you come to my suite? And Nathan, you come too."

Gene walked away from the table and went outside. He needed a few minutes alone to calm his nerves.

"It's hard isn't it?" Patrick asked from behind him.

Gene jumped. He hadn't heard anyone coming.

Gene didn't respond but turned away.

Patrick stood beside him but didn't speak for several minutes.

"I know that we aren't on the best of terms." Patrick said. "But I wanted you to know that I know and understand how difficult telling Kevyn the truth was for you."

"What did you do? Gamble away the kid's college fund?" Gene asked tersely. He couldn't see how Patrick could possibly understand what he was going through.

"I wish that it was something like that." Patrick replied. "What I'm trying to tell you is that it wasn't that long ago that I put that same look on Kevyn's face."

"God it hurt." Gene said softly.

"Yes it did and it still does." Patrick replied. "I want to tell you something else. In the end, you chose to save her. That means something."

"It never should have happened." Gene replied.

"No, it shouldn't have and neither should what I did. All we can do is try to make amends and learn how to live with the things we've done."

"What did you do?" Gene asked again.

"Let's just say that I hurt people. The whys or how's don't matter. The end result is the same. By hurting those people, I hurt your sister and my family."

"Did she react as badly as she did last night?" Gene asked.

"Much worse if that's possible. She ran away from me and went to Pittsburgh. That's why she was there when your mother died."

Gene was silent as he tried to imagine what could be worse than what he was going to do. He had the feeling that Patrick wasn't going give specifics and didn't ask again. He also had the feeling that Patrick really did understand.

"Thanks for talking to me, I appreciate it." Gene said.

"You're welcome." Patrick replied and walked away leaving Gene alone.

*******

When Gene got back, Leon was talking to Barb. He could tell by the look on her face that she didn't like what he was saying. He hung back until Leon got up and walked away shaking his head.

"What's up?" he asked when he got back to the table.

"You tell me!" she snapped. "Since when are you and Patrick Sinclaire buddies?"

"We're not." Gene replied. "We were just talking. What crawled up your ass?"

"Nothing." Barb replied remembering her vow to plaster on a smile.

The restaurant was filled with laughter and music that eventually drew Barb in. She fought it at first and then gave in telling herself that it was all for show. She found herself laughing at Leon's impersonations of several well-known actors. She had forgotten just how funny he could be.

Her good time came to a screeching halt when Leon, who had just been a source of amusement for her stood up and announced that he was moving to California.

"I'm going home for two weeks to wrap things up and then I'll be back."

He waited until the applause died down before he continued.

"I'm going to be running one of Nathan's companies and I am so looking forward to the challenge."

Barb was stunned. Once again someone from her family was reaping the benefits of the Sinclaire generosity. She was going to say something to Gene, but stopped herself. He had changed or was starting to and no longer had the same agenda as her.

She waited for the next bombshell, but it didn't come until the dancing began. It became clear to her that Nadine and Leon weren't a fling and that she had been a part of his decision to move. She looked at Juliette and Hans and saw the way that they looked at each other and knew that Juliette would be back too.

It seemed that everywhere she looked, there were couples who cared about each other. Instead of reevaluating her priorities, she got angry. She renewed her vow not to see her family again until she had what they had.

Money.

Barb slipped out of the restaurant without speaking to anyone. The only person who saw her leave was Celeste. Her small shoulders sagged with relief once Barb was gone and she let out a soft sigh. She could lift her sheet now.

*********

The next day was busy with everyone getting ready to leave. Gene had his lunch meeting with Louise and Nathan and told them what he had done. Nathan's expression was unreadable, but Gene didn't get the impression that his life was in danger. What he noticed was that Nathan sat back, listened; but offered no opinion.

Louise was every bit as horror stricken as Kevyn had been and had been just as speechless. Every time she opened her mouth to speak, nothing came out. She hadn't known what to expect, but it wasn't this.

When she could speak, the only thing that she could say was "Oh Gene." And then she started to cry. Somehow, the tears were worse than the flat out anger that Kevyn had shown. She didn't ask him why he did it, which surprised him but once she got over her shock, she hugged him.

"Aren't you angry?'" he asked her.

"Yes but what will it change?" she asked. "I'm glad that you told us. You're going to get help aren't you?"

"Yeah, I already made some phone calls." Gene replied.

"Take care of yourself." Nathan said as they walked by.

Instead of being offended, Gene was relieved and glad that it wasn't Louise that he had tried to hurt. He knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Nathan would have torn him apart.

He finished packing and put his bags by the door. He took one last look around and went to the lobby to wait for the van that was going to take them to the airport. As he waited, he realized that there was one more person that he needed to talk to.

He took out his cell phone, pulled up his contact list and looked at the number. He closed the phone. He wasn't ready to talk to Dana yet.

Leon came down and sat next to him.

"How's it going?" he asked.

"I'm tired." Gene replied. "Not physically but emotionally. Does it get better?"

"Yeah, it will, but you always have to be on your guard. Make sure that you lean on your sponsor and I'm just a phone call away."

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers