All Comments on 'Louisiana Heat Ch. 01'

by shandal

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Work!

Excellent first chapter. (And, thanks for the advance notice about the number of chapters to expect. Even if it's an estimate, there is a benefit to having the information.)

Although I am not a student of Depression-era history, or of Lousiana history, this story is sounding like what is commonly known to be true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
5 stars

Good start,keep going...

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
I'm looking forward to the next chapter, you've caught my attention....

As a young boy growing up in the deep South, I witnessed the brutality of road gangs(more polite than chain gangs) clearing ditches and spreading gravel. Unfortunately there is just as much corruption in government today as then. The poor still get screwed and the middle is shrinking more each day due to thieves in political office. Great start and I plan to check for your previous postings.

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 13 years ago
Doing well until

you come to the cami-knickers. After living in Louisiana for many years I beg to find out where you found "knickers". You are one of the best authors I've ever read on this site. I have read all your offerings. But please, if you are going to write a piece about a particular region then you need to stick to the vernacular that is common.

Do please continue with this journey as I'm certianly enjoying the ride.

mokkelkemokkelkeabout 13 years ago

yay glad to see another great story come to life. only read the first chapter, but having read the rest of your stories i know you'll blow us away again. i know what i'll be doing the coming days :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Great beginnign to thsi story. Good concept and I look forward to seeing the characters develop!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Dialect

Good story overall. Had to skip the dialect since it was obvious you are not familiar with it... I did not bother to try and figure out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous