Love After Tragedy

Story Info
Two people reconnect at a High School reunion.
5.2k words
4.59
18.4k
23
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's notes: All characters in this story are totally fictional. If there is any resemblance to people you might know, it is purely coincidental. All people taking part in acts of a sexual nature are over 18. Some WAY over 18.

My name is Jim Jordan, and I am careening towards my 48th birthday. Careening because for the last three years, I have been by myself. I shouldn't say that because my son, John, now 24, and my daughter, Kay, 23 have been my support system. You see just about three years ago, my wife, Brenda, was killed by a drunk driver.

One minute, she was the light of my life, and driving home from her volunteer gig, on a sunny Thursday afternoon, when this complete asshole ran a stop sign, crushing her car.

The Policemen investigating this horrific accident told me, if it was any consolation, Brenda died instantly. The total irony was the other driver was so fucking drunk, he was left with only minor cuts and bruises.

I will give you a little back story on my wife and I.

Even nearing 48 years of age, I am still within 10 or 15 pounds of my weight when Brenda and I met in our Junior year in High School. I was around 180, or so then, and now just under 195. Spread over my 6'2" frame, I still considered myself to be in very good shape. I ran track in high school, and still run a bit to keep in shape.

Brenda, when we met, was maybe 5'3" on a good day, and weighed about 115. Very quiet, and shy. With me also on the shy side, we just seemed to hit it off. I guess you could call what we did was dating, but in truth it was just studying together. She was great in English, and I was very good in Math and History.

We must have been study pals for 6 or 7 months, before I built up the nerve to kiss her. We were both raised in very conservative families where anything more than a kiss was considered scandalous.

Yes, I thought about sex, but thinking about it was about all I did. Going into our Senior year, we both started looking into colleges, with our local schools at the top of our list.

Mid way through our Senior year, we were both accepted at the University of Washington, our first choice. We could both live at home, and commuting would be easy.

Getting ready for Senior Prom, we were starting to do a little more than just kiss. I got brave enough to actually put my hand on her small, but very firm breast. My God, it felt good, even through her blouse and bra.

About a week before Prom, I finally got brave enough to put my hand inside her blouse, and softly touch her breast. Off came her blouse, but not her bra. We were both so excited, we nearly cried, with pleasure. Just staring at each other, she noticed the bulge in my pants and placed her hand right on my covered cock.

"Can I see it, Jim?"

I couldn't unzip fast enough.

With a nervous smile, I heard a very soft, "can I touch it?"

Nodding my OK, I felt her very warm hand take hold of my throbbing shaft. With the second or third trip up and down my sex, I literally exploded. Luckily, we had a small towel handy, to keep our mess to a minimum.

That started our adventure into a very active sex life. Very slow to begin with, just touching each other, with Brenda keeping my touching above her waist. I was quite satisfied just touching and finally kissing her perfect little breasts. Licking her tiny, but rock hard nipples finally were enough to give her her first orgasm. Even with that, between her legs remained off limits. Upbringing.

The night of Senior Prom had arrived. Dressed in the fashion of the day, we had a magnificent time. We both knew many couples who were planning to have overnight parties with the intention of fucking. We talked at length, both deciding to let nature take its course.

After Prom, we went back to her house, knowing her parents had given us some leeway. Just laying on top of her bed, kissing, touching each other, my hand finally found its way inside her panties.

If I thought touching her nipples raised her blood pressure, when one of my fingers touched her virgin slit, she nearly screamed. Luckily, she had her wrist in her mouth, silencing her first real orgasm.

After calming down, laying in my arms, she put her hand on my manhood, and very slowly started rubbing up and down. Without any warning she leaned over and put her mouth on my now throbbing cock. It took only about three minutes, when I told her I was cumming. Using the tissues next to her, I exploded, like never before.

We just laid next to each other, panting like race horses just finishing a race. We just couldn't stop grinning at each other.

"Are you sorry we didn't do more?" she asked.

"Nope, I think we have the rest of our lives for anything else."

We truly believed we would spend our entire lives together.

During college, we were inseparable, still just using her mouth on me, and my fingers on her. One study session during our Junior year in college, we were on my bed, totally naked, when my kissing started at her very aroused nipples, down to her very taut stomach.

If I thought she absolutely loved a finger in her very tight pussy, she went wild when my tongue touched her lips. Upward toward her clit had her entire body shaking. As her shaking started to subside, all I heard was a very sexy sounding "again"

Who was I to deny the love of my life? This time, though, we were both naked and her mouth was bobbing up and down my solid 7 inches. It didn't take all that long until we were both cumming.

Afterward, we just laid next to each other, with the silliest grins you could ever imagine.

"Do you think we can wait for graduation to go further?" she asked.

"That's entirely up to you," I replied.

With the absolute sexiest grin, she reached into the nightstand next to her and pulled out a condom. Grinning, we unwrapped it, placed it where it belonged, and started kissing each other, knowing what we were going to do. As I finally entered her very sacred space, with just a little discomfort, we must have fucked for the next hour, or two. Losing count of how many condoms were used and how many orgasms she had. After about two hours, we collapsed in a heap, panting like two racehorses just finishing The Kentucky Derby.

"I love you so much, Brenda Hill."

"I love you more, Jim Jordan."

Neither of us could wipe the grins off our faces.

After finally getting into the shower, together, we collapsed in bed and promptly fell asleep.

When we woke up, we both decided that our parents should be told about a pending wedding. With the majority of both families living in Western Washington, there wasn't a need for much traveling. Now, all we had to do was decide on the first available date after graduation.

Brenda had several long talks with her mother, who wasn't as worried about our sex lives as previously thought. Her mother did suggest a visit to an OB/Gyn, as soon as possible.

Two weeks after graduation, we were married, in a very nice ceremony, in her family's church. I already had a job offer with a medium sized accounting firm, with Brenda starting the needed 5th year for her teaching credentials.

Finding a fairly nice apartment near enough to my work, with Brenda having fairly easy access to her grad school.

When Brenda was finishing up her 5th year, she received a nice job offer teaching position in an up and coming school district, not all that far from our apartment. Meanwhile, I started moving up in my firm, so we decided it was time to start house hunting. While we were looking for houses, we began thinking about children. We did have a laugh, when Brenda mentioned that pregnancy might be the only way to get bigger boobs.

When we found the house we fell in love with, we learned that our family was about to expand. With her teaching to the end of a school year, and me getting farther ahead in my accounting firm, we weren't too worried about her staying home a little extra time.

By the time John James Jordan made an appearance, we were well settled in our house, and I soon learned how to change a diaper. Oh, and Brenda did complain a bit about her boobs not getting all that much bigger. Big enough to feed John, so they did what they were supposed to do.

When Johnny turned 7 months, we found out another addition to our family was on the way. When we found out we were having a daughter, we were over the moon.

With Johnny just over 14 months of age, Kay Anne Jordan joined our family. Were we finished? Most likely. Not etched in stone.

As we adapted to our beloved addition, and little Johnny growing taller by the day, we started joking that he would be taller than his mother by early grade school.

With our kids now 4 and 3 years of age, we decided to attend our 10th class reunion.

It seemed as if some of our classmates changed, and some just didn't. One in particular was Kathleen Harris. Ever since Junior High, she thought her shit didn't stink. I'll bet most of you had a classmate just like Kathleen. First off, never call her Kathy, or she would bite your head off. Second, she was the prettiest girl in the school, if not the whole world. Just ask her.

We really enjoyed the majority of the people there, with several of us couples showing off our kids, sharing pictures. Brenda overheard Kathleen make the ridiculous comment that she thought kids were a pain in the ass. To which one of the class clowns immediately said, she was doing it wrong. When a group of people started laughing, she turned and stomped off. Good riddance.

About a year after our reunion, we got what we thought was the worst news in the world. Brenda had Ovarian Cancer. Thanks to the world class cancer research done in Seattle, she was cured in just over 18 months. Yes, our sex life stopped, but that was a very small price to pay for a clean bill of health. One other plus, besides being alive was the fact that having to use birth control was off the table.

Our love life never diminished, but our sex life did. After around three months of great reports from the Oncologist, we very slowly got back into the sexual swing of things.

Along with just doing substitute teaching, just to keep busy, Brenda did volunteer work with a cancer survivor group.

At our 20th reunion, most of our classmates from 10 years ago were there, with some subtractions. Just as we walked in, who should we see, but Kathleen Harris. Oh boy. Somebody told us she had just kicked husband number 3 to the curb, when one of the more catty girls asked if it wasn't the other way around. Who cares.

With our kids getting ready to start High School, Brenda stopped teaching, for good, and stuck to volunteer work. I had just started my own accounting firm, and was very happy, not answering to anybody else.

One night, after a very nice love making session, we were laying in bed, with me right in back of my wife. I had my arm over her shoulder, softly rubbing her nipple. As her breathing started getting deeper, my cock started growing, again. I started pushing against her soft butt cheeks, bringing a few more deep breaths. I moved my hand to the tops of her panties, slowly lowering them. With a little wiggle of her cute, firm rump, I leaned back, getting a long dormant condom from my nightstand and some lube, and just touched her little brown pucker.

Remembering how to put a condom on, I very gingerly inserted one finger inside her back door. All I heard was this very sexy, low growl. My cock followed very soon after. with Brenda finally saying just one word. Easy!

There I was, slowly inserting about an inch or two. Letting her get used to this. Another two inches. Another rest. with some more sexy growling. With my hand reaching around to her clit, my entire 7 inches slid inside her cute little ass. Her body was shaking from both my very active fingering, and my rhythmic motion of fucking her in the ass.

She must have had 3 or 4 little orgasms, before exploding soaking my hand like never before. After cleaning us both up, she just laid in my arms, trying to catch her breath.

"What on earth made you finally decide to let me do that?" I gushed.

"John, I've been thinking about this for some time, now, having a couple of ladies in our support group talking about anal sex."

"With you being the most supportive man in the world, giving me all the time I needed, I just thought, if the occasion arose, I'd go for it."

I just held her in my arms, grinning like the cat who caught the canary.

Neither of us could have ever imagined her cancer recovery being so complete. Our new favorite word: Remission!

Our fatal day. Driving home from her cancer support group, just over two miles from home, disaster struck. A drunk driver in a huge SUV ran a red light, crushing her car, and snuffing out my brightest light. In a heartbeat, my family was forever changed. When the policeman made his idiotic statement, "at least she didn't suffer" all I could do was look him in the eye, and through my tears, asked if he wanted to trade places with her.

Yes, not only did she suffer, so did her parents and brother. So did I, our two children, my parents as well as many, many friends.

The piece of shit driver actually had the balls to plead not guilty to the charge of vehicular manslaughter. He was found guilty and sentenced to 26 months in prison.

The following January, I stood in front of our State's Legislature begging for stiffer sentencing. When my pleas were met with blank stares, I quietly said, "It's too bad there are so many drunks sitting in this chamber to make changes." I then turned away and left.

In case anyone was wondering, I filed a suit against the drunk piece of shit. It took many months, but a court ordered a settlement large enough to cause his family great financial harm, but no amount of money could ever make the Jordan family whole, ever again.

I took two full months off work, trying to put my life back together. I then spent the better part of the next two years trying to change our state laws concerning drunk drivers. Very slowly, some changes came about. What was found, was eight state legislators with multiple DUIs that had gone unreported. Not anymore. I made it my mission to root out the chronic drinkers from state government. In certain parts of the state, I was hailed as a hero, but some others I was told to avoid, as I wasn't welcome.

As my 30th reunion was approaching, my kids, who kept my life going forward, asked if I was planning on attending. I thought about it, knowing my Brenda's name would be on the "In Memory Of" list.

Could I put on a happy face? Only by showing up would I know, for certain.

As time was nearing, my kids were at my house, for a weekend dinner, and asked to see how many had responded. All of a sudden, they both asked me about one name they saw. Dr. Marla Wade Howard. When I grabbed my Senior yearbook, I couldn't find that name. I asked them how they knew that name.

"Dad, our choir director at Pacific Lutheran University, when I was there, was a lady with that name," my daughter said. She continued by saying, she is more than a few years older than you.

I continued looking in my yearbook, viewing the close to 800 members of our Senior Class. When I got to the pictures of our track team, I remembered a William Howard, who was a member of our Mile Relay team, as was I.

I called one of the organizing committee to ask about this Dr. Howard. I was told she was. in fact married to Will for over 25 years, and since he had passed away almost two years previously, she was invited to attend.

My daughter couldn't stop talking about how cool this lady was, and I should go just to meet her. I finally asked Kay if she was black, as Will was light skinned African/American. Nope, she said, very white.

In fact, he and I were fairly good friends, in school, as most of our class avoided him being one of the very few black kids in our class. I never had any issue with his skin color.

Yes, I registered for my reunion, knowing I had to get off my ass and socialize, as I had been avoiding such events for three years. I had not been on a "date" since just before Brenda was killed. I just couldn't.

Arriving at my reunion site, who do I have the misfortune of running into first? That's right, Kathleen Harris. I believe she had just ended things with her third, or was it fourth husband, and looked like shit. Her last botox or face lift just didn't work.

Just as I was turning away from our local train wreck, I noticed a very nicely dressed lady approaching, who caught my eye. Smiling, she asked if I happened to be Jim Jordan. As I nodded the affirmative, she introduced herself, Marla Howard.

"It is so nice to meet you," I said. "And, it gets me away from somebody I'm trying to avoid."

Looking at a lady, a bit taller that my late wife, and while not too big, more generously endowed. We moved away from the crowd where we were, and, after giving each other condolences for our loses, started talking about ourselves.

As we started our conversation, she made sure I knew how much she thought of my daughter as a student, asking how she was doing. She told me she had one daughter, who was a lawyer, in Portland, Oregon.

I told her my son was an accountant, like me, and Kay was working on getting her Masters in business.

"Jim, I think you know I'm a bit older, by over 8 years," she interjected.

I just smiled, and we continued talking, both saying we needed this social interaction.

As the evening wound down, I asked her if we could see each other, again.

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"I guess I am, in my rustic sort of way"

Smiling, we exchanged phone numbers, and started to leave, when she moved right in front of me, giving me a very nice, soft kiss.

"Oh, my, I hope that wasn't out of line, Jim," she breathed.

Not in the least, I managed to reply.

Off we both went, wondering, what if....

We exchanged texts for the next few weeks, with my daughter grilling me about her favorite professor.

I finally built up the courage to ask Marla to dinner, knowing it would take some planning, since she lived about an hour and then some, from me.

Dinner was finally planned. I was so worried, I nearly cancelled. Both my kids said they would disown me if I did. Off I went. A 48 year old on a first date.

When I knocked on the door of her condo, she opened it taking my breath away. Dressed in a very stylish pants outfit, without a hint of makeup, she was stunning.

Off we went to a new, highly regarded restaurant, nearby.

Dinner went very well. The food was fabulous, the company even better. As we were just chatting over coffee, she nearly knocked my socks off, when she said, "Jim, you don't have to drive all that way back to your place, if you don't want to."

I honestly didn't know how to respond, at first.

"Are you propositioning me, Marla?"

"Oh, God, no, just saying its getting late, and I'm not sure if I want this evening to end."

On our drive back to her place, we were both silent, not knowing what might occur, if anything.

Arriving back at her condo, we went inside, with Marla telling me to make myself comfortable while she got out of her heels. I took off my coat and sat on the sofa.

A few minutes later, Marla reappeared, dressed in a very fluffy looking robe and slippers. I could tell she had on a very non descript night gown, that certainly was not a sexy piece of clothing.

"Tada! now if this outfit doesn't scream propositioning, nothing does!"

After a quick hug and some laughter, we sat on her sofa, just talking about life. I had to admit that just having met this very interesting woman, I felt as if we had known each other for years.

"Jim, I truly need to get some sleep, so I'm going to bed. To sleep!"

Grinning, I got up, and we both went to her bedroom. I did get the little bag I had brought from my car. I started taking my clothes off wondering what might occur. Getting into bed, after several face to face kisses. Nothing more.

12