Love & Lattes - A Bunny's Bounty Ep. 04

Story Info
Episode 4: Two broken parts.
8.6k words
4.8
2.5k
3
0

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/09/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to L&L: A Bunny's bounty, I strongly recommend starting from episode one to get the best experience.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Do you like bonding, my lovely reader? ... no, not THAT kind of bonding. I mean getting to know one another.

Well, let's enjoy some of Karen and Issac getting to know one another and learn a bit more about their past in the process. Of course, there will be some lewd fun mixed in there, sex is best with a dash of romance, am I right?

Alright, a little drama and a lot more bonding. Let's jump right into it!

—♥—

Episode 4

Two broken parts

A low audible hum filled the air outside of the shop where Isaac and Ivory were standing, a moment later a small chirp echoed before Karen quickly slipped out the front doo. The rabbit paused for a moment after throwing the lock before cursing out to nobody in particular, "Son of a bitch!"

"What's up boss?" Ivory quirked an ear in curiosity at the sudden outburst.

"Nothing, I just forgot my Jacket in there, again! If I pull the alarm system down now, I will have to email corporate and everything else explaining why." The rabbit grumbled to herself.

"Damn, that sucks," Ivory cooed the words playfully watching the wolf with a grin already seeing him in movement.

Karen felt the heavy weight of Isaac's long Jacket over her shoulders. She blushed and looked back at the wolf who was standing there in just a blue t-shirt and his jeans giving her a smile. Karen huffed out in protest, "I-I'm fine! Really..."

"Just shut up and let him dote on you, Karen." The cat purred the words before turning on her heel. "You love birds have a good night, I've got a date of my own." Ivory quickly stalked down the sidewalk out of sight, her tail rolling and flicking.

The wolf turned to start walking as well, the bunny sliding her arms through the heavy jacket before tugging it around her. It smelled like him and the ends of it brushed the sidewalk while she walked with him. "Thanks my wolf..." The rabbit grinned at him as he slowed to let her catch up.

"I had to park two blocks down, I don't want you getting a cold, my rabbit." Isaac spoke the words looking down at Karen with a playful grin. He extended his left handpaw out his padded-palm open, a cue for her to take his paw.

The bunny blushed at the gesture, starting to roll the sleeve of the jacket up to reach for him, then huffed as she just pushed into the wolf, pressing against his side to smell him and feel his warmth. Issac grinned and rested his handpaw on her shoulder instead.

"Thanks for picking me up." Karen huffed the words happily, her little fluff of tail flicking about under the fabric of the jacket.

"I'm happy to do it, I missed you..." He spoke the words gently his handpaw sliding off her shoulder to move up to her head, touching her chocolate locks and brushing his padded-fingertips along her ear once more.

"I missed you too... also what the hell is in this thing? It's so heavy, and something hard is pushing against my butt!" She spoke the words out curiously wiggling her backside while clinging to him.

"The material is reinforced with sheets of ballistics weave, it can help protect against things like knife stabs and to a lesser degree bullets. It's not kevlar but it's sure better than cotton. The hard thing you feel is a small holster sewn into the back lining, it's empty right now. There is also pepper spray in an inside flap along with a taser. I would normally be packing a beretta in that holster but my new carry permit hasn't arrived yet," The wolf calmly huffed out the words as they walk.

"Gods! You're carrying a fucking armory in this thing, a-and a gun?! My gods Isaac, how much trouble do you get into on your job?" Karen spoke the words with concern in her voice as she grabbed his arm, stopping him and looking into his face.

The wolf stopped and grinned down at her gently. "Like, none. That incident with you the other day, that's the first action I've seen in almost three years."

The rabbit nodded and resumed walking with him. "Then, why are you so armed to the teeth?"

Isaac thought about the question for a moment before giving the rabbit an apologetic look. "Because... sometimes the odds are stacked against you. The bad guys don't fight fair. I was able to do what I did that day because I had the element of surprise."

Karen shivered at the thought of the situation and remained silent as they walked. They eventually reached his car and he opened the door for her. The rabbit shrugged the jacket off and handed it back up to him before slipping into the seat. Isaac put it back on before moving over to the driver's side and getting in.

The engine turned over and the very low sound of jazz filled the air, the heater already on. Karen didn't bother buckling and just shifted right over next to him, clinging on him unapologetically for his heat until the car warmed up. The wolf gently rested his handpaw on her shoulder, drawing her closer. "Sorry for bringing it up..."

"Don't be. It's fine Issac. It sucked, but..." She leaned up and gently pecked the side of his jaw with a kiss. "I got you out of it, and you make me very happy." The rabbit grinned as she spoke the words and slid back down to his side to hug against him. "So where to?"

He looked off in the distance still stroking her hair and ears, seeming to ignore the question before cutting his eyes down to her. "I'm happy I got you too, but I wouldn't mind teaching you some more moves sometime, that and maybe teaching you how to carry a weapon or two."

The rabbit looks at the dog with a confused expression, then grinned at his words. "Teach me some moves? You mean like the ones you showed me last night and this morning?"

Isaac felt his cheeks warm at her words and then cleared his throat. "Ha... I mean. I saw what you had done to them before I got there, I can tell you know how to handle yourself. I just wouldn't mind showing you some more techniques to help in situations like that."

Karen cocked a brow as she sat up off him a little. "My dad taught me how to fight when I was younger, it's nothing established, just how to get by in a scrap. You've got some established training?"

"I do." The wolf shifted the car into gear and nodded at the bunny. "Buckle up, dear."

"Dear? Do I look like I have antlers?" She grinned as she slipped the belt on and clicked it into place.

"Sorry." He pulled the car into the street before bringing it up to speed.

"First time you've used a pet name on me. Not a fan of that particular one though." Karen grinned and then looked out the window at the street lights passing by. "So what style do you know?"

"I've got some average skill in Karate and Judo, but I've got a brown belt in Krav Maga, that's my most proficient style." He spoke the words casually as he saw the rabbit looking at him curiously.

"Belts? I don't really get the color thing. I know belts have different colors, black is the best, right?"

"Yeah, a white would be the first belt, it goes up from there. Black is the best with brown below that. Some styles have different colors and some don't use that style of ranking at all, but that's the general idea."

"So, you're pretty good, but not a master then." The rabbit asked and the wolf nodded to the statement.

"Even a black belt doesn't mean you're a master, there are nine different grades of black belt. I stopped learning enough to get by and put it to use, I don't care about the competitions and mastery of it."

"This is fascinating and I'm interested in it, but I didn't think it would be our date tonight," Karen hummed the words in a playful voice as she grinned at the wolf looking him over.

"I-it's not!" Isaac barked the words then glanced at the bunny before moving a handpaw to rest on her leg. "I wanna take you somewhere nice, but before that, how about we grab a bite?"

The rabbit's stomach growled in answer, she had skipped lunch again today thanks to the drama with, Joseph. "Yeah I'm pretty famished, but let me pick up the tab this time, okay? Can't have you blowing all your money on me like I'm a freeloader."

"Heh, then I'll find us a cheap place to eat so you don't waste your money on a dumb dog like me!" He growled the words with a grin as he patted the rabbit's leg.

She grumbles and shifted her paw over his. "You're not a dumb dog, Isaac. No dog of mine is dumb unless I say he is! Also, I'm not a cheapskate it can be somewhere nice!"

"Okay, okay my rabbit." He felt the gentle grip of her handpaw on his and flicked his tail against the seat of the car.

—♥—

"So, what's up with your co-worker, Ivory?" Isaac asked the question while looking over at Karen across the table at the little mom and pop restaurant they swung into.

The rabbit's ears lifted at the question as she stuffed another bite of salad into her mouth and snorted through her nose before swallowing, "She's a bitch, and a slut. Also, maybe she is my best friend..."

He laughed and scooted his fork around in what little was left from the salad he had eaten, a few scraps of a vegetable burger left behind as well. "I could tell you guys were close, almost like you were more than friends."

She blushed and gave an awkward smile, "Well, we've uh... comforted one another a few times when we had too much to drink. I wouldn't say we are lovers or anything though."

The wolf nodded, "I mean she is pretty, I can see why you would. She was also very... direct."

Karen gave a shrug then eyed the wolf before quirking an ear up. "Did you like the way she smelled? Thinking of leaving me already, doggy?"

The wolf flicked his ears down and huffed out, "That's not funny, Karen. You're my rabbit and I'm a dedicated wolf."

"Such loyalty after only a few days!" The rabbit gave the dog a wide grin but her eyes sparkled and she blushed before leaning forward, letting the v-neck shirt show off the curves of her breasts within, the lace of the pink bra showing ever so slightly. She caught the dog getting a good look and felt her body heat going up again. "Makes me happy though... my dog, my Isaac," She cooed the words gently to him.

His large red ears flicked and perked up at her calling him hers, then specifically saying his name, pulling his eyes off her plump breasts to stare into her bright emerald eyes. "I'm glad I make you happy, Karen. You make me very happy too."

After staring at one another for a few heartbeats, he leaned back. "So, she seemed pretty surprised by me, like you hadn't had anyone in a while."

"I've not, it's been about seven years since I dated anyone," The rabbit spoke the words before looking down at her plate and tapping her fork,

"Wow, seven... that's a pretty big gap. Why?" He asked the words curious, his ears perked up and tail flicking about, then regretted the statement instantly when he saw her eyes start to grow wet, recalling how she looked last night. "Y-you know what... it's fine!"

"No. I should get it out and tell you so you know. Especially if we are dating and you're my 'boyfriend' now." Karen huffed the words with determination as she put her fork down.

"It can wait if you're not-" The rabbit held a handpaw up to hush him.

"I will give you the short version. No questions when I'm done, no interrupting, and when I'm done, we don't talk about it again unless I do. Deal?" She looked back into his face, her eyes looking cold and set, her jaw tense along with the rest of her body.

"Y-yeah, sure Karen, but it can wait if you rather another day," He huffed the words in a comforting voice but the rabbit just shook her head.

"I was seventeen and had the hots for a fox, he liked me back. He was in his mid-twenties. I liked him, but he just wanted something. I wasn't willing so he took it. It was my first time too. My only time before you." The rabbit took a sip of water and Isaac tried to say something, but she just held a paw up to shush him.

She sighed and set the glass down. "Dad called the cops but he had skipped town, never saw him again. After I was done feeling sorry for myself, Dad taught me how to fight. Took me out in the yard every day for half a year, shoved me to the ground, threw dirt in my eyes, taught me to pick things up and use them if they were around. Taught me how to break bones and bust balls."

With a frown on her muzzle, she folded her handpaws on the table, a slight twitch in her shoulder. "Had one other guy push his luck, another dog, kept pestering me for my number at work. I told him to fuck off or I would call the cops. He tried to jump me one night on my smoke break alone. I broke his jaw against the wall, and cracked 3 ribs."

Isaac whistled in appreciation at the statement, Karen gave the wolf a flat look, her eyes looking cold and dead. "After that, I swore all dogs were bad news, they would always just try to hurt me and try to take something from me. I swore to myself I would never, ever give one a chance to hurt me."

The wolf looked shaken by the statement and averted his eyes, his ears drooping. She reached across the table and gripped his handpaw, holding it with both of hers. "Thanks... I mean, for proving me wrong."

He looked back at her and gave a sad smile. "I wish I could have came to help you sooner, my rabbit..."

Karen shook her head her large floppy ears swaying against the motion. "You came when you could, you saved me from a much worse fate. You're also gonna teach me how to fight better and use weapons so I can save myself next time." She gave him a wide playful grin to break the tension.

The wolf nodded and cleared his throat, meeting her eyes once more, seeing they had tears in them. "Yes... I will. I won't let anything happen to you ever again, and I will see to it that if I'm not there, you can do it yourself."

Karen gave a soft coo at the confident words and the matter-of-fact tone in her dog's voice, "Such an Alpha. Now, my dog, your turn."

Isaac blinked in confusion at the words and tilted his head curiously. "My... turn?"

A grin spread across the rabbit's muzzle as she shrugged, "I'm not a good judge of age, especially with dogs, but you look like you've got a few years on me, and I'm sure a fine specimen like you has had a few mates. Why are you single?" The rabbit gave a cocky grin, "Ah... or I should say, were single."

Several emotions went over the wolf's face during that, first confusion, then concern, a little fear, then pride as his cheeks grew warm. "Same rules. I give you the short version, you don't interrupt, we don't talk about it again unless I bring it up. Deal?"

The rabbit nodded at the words and perked her large ears up to listen fully.

Isaac took a deep breath, "I've been single for four years now, I was... married." Karen's ears sprang up but the dog gave her a look as if asking her to just listen. "We were together about five years, tried to have kids, couldn't. Something on her end according to the doctors. That tension, along with my job giving her stress and keeping me out late at night on stakeouts. Mistrust, lack of seeing one another, I came home one day to papers sitting on the counter. I signed them, packed a suitcase, and walked away."

He sighed and frowned as he continued, "I Gave her everything she wanted and then some. Just asked for a few grand to start over on and to stay friends if she could handle that."

"Nice to see you wanted to stay friends..." Karen huffed the words, trying to take all of it in. She looked up at him. "Gave her everything? Take it, it was one-sided?"

The wolf nodded in response. "I still loved her, but she wanted more than I could give her I suppose. So I let her go."

Karen sat there thinking for a long moment, hesitating before asking, "Do you still love her? Are you still friends?"

Isaac huffed out, "So much for not asking questions, huh?"

Karen frowned and shook her head. "I- I'm sorry, I just-"

"It's fine, and yes we were friends, and I did still love her." Isaac took out his wallet unzipping a small pocket in it, withdrawing a gold and silver ring, setting it on the table. "This was my ex-wife's, she had it on the day she was struck driving to work." The wolf snorted and rolled the band in his padded-fingertips. "Ironic... she always worried about the dangers of my job, but then... going to the office... Ha..."

Karen felt her stomach twist in a knot and looked away. "Damn... I-Isaac, I didn't mean to dig up something like that..."

The wolf gave her a sad smile and put the ring back into his wallet, tucking it into the breast pocket of his jacket. "It's fine. I've accepted it. I only had one other partner before her, just a friend with benefits in college."

A silence hung at the table for a few minutes before the wolf broke it, "We've both got some crazy baggage, huh Karen?"

The rabbit nodded then gave the wolf a smile. "Yeah, I guess it takes two broken parts to make a whole, eh?"

Isaac snorted out a laugh, "What social media post did you read that awful line from?"

Karen blinked back some tears then gripped the dog's paws and pulled them up to kiss the top of them gently. "I feel better talking about it with you... it still hurts, but it feels lighter."

Isaac bit his lower lip and moved his handpaw over her face, touching the warm soft cheek fur of the rabbit's muzzle. Karen closed her eyes, reveling in his gentle touch. "I feel the same, I've not talked about it in years, just kept swallowing it back down... hurts, but, I'm glad I told you..."

The rabbit opened her bright emerald eyes and looked into his beautiful icy blue ones. "So... gonna still take me to that place you mentioned?"

—♥—

Karen had shrugged off the shoulder harness of the seatbelt so she could lean on Isaac's shoulder while he drove, the waist portion of the belt still clipped into place. Her eyes were closed her ears filled with the soft beat of jazz and the sound of tires on asphalt.

They had pulled off the interstate sometime ago and had been traveling on surface roads for almost half an hour. There had been a comfortable silence between them for several minutes with no need to chat and make conversation. His arm was around her, holding her to him possessively, making her feel safe and comfortable. Her eyes felt heavier from the long day and his reassuring paw upon her shoulder as she drifted into a light nap.

The sound of crunching gravel filled her ears, making them flick gently as she felt the car come to a stop and started to move her head up but felt pressure against it. It was Isaac's handpaw gently resting upon her, coursing through her hair and rubbing at one of her mocha-colored ears. Karen sighed gently as she took in the moment of him petting and holding her before slowly blinking her eyes open to look out the window of the car. All she could see were stars and a haze of light near the hood.

"Sorry, I was going to let you nap a little longer if you wanted," The wolf huffed the words down into her ears, feeling the rabbit stir and easing his grip so she could sit up.

"Ngh... it's fine my wolf, just drifted for a minute or two... Woah!" The rabbit's ears perked up as she rose up to see over the hood of the car. They were overlooking the city on top of a spot in the hills. "It's so pretty, and we're so high up!" Karen huffed the words excitedly as she unbuckled and quickly opened the car door to step outside.

A blast of cold wind pushed into her making her shiver as she moved to the front of the car. There was a guardrail in front of them, a long drop into the dark void of the cliff below them. There were patches of snow still in the grass out here thanks to the elevation. "It's so p-pretty!" The rabbit spoke the words excitedly as she shivered.