Love & Lattes - Group Therapy Ep. 07

Story Info
Episode 7: Welcome To The Family.
9.6k words
4.83
1.4k
2

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 06/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

I hope you're ready for some drama, my lovely! This episode is gonna have it in spades and then some!

We're gonna see a few familiar faces, both from past L&L and Guarded again, okay well it'll just be that jerk-goat Jacob, but whatever! We'll also be hearing from everyone's favorite mysterious informant and that one fox whom I hold oh so dear to my heart!

Not to worry, I won't leave you with just drama, there'll be some fun too! In all these new changes for our lovely couples, wouldn't it be nice to let them get back to basics, back to just some quality time with one another as well?

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 7:

Welcome To The Family

"Oh, my, gods... is it finally done?" Ivory hissed out while putting her paws on her hips and looking at Bianca.

She snorted back at the calico and gave a nod. "I am satisfied with these songs, yes. We will let the sound producer and engineer work their magic, but I feel we have reached your current limits."

Karen tilted her head curiously at that. "What do you mean, current limits, Bianca?"

Bianca tapped her own chin in thought before flourishing a paw towards the rabbit. "You are a fighter, you surely realize, it takes time to instill more knowledge, experience, skill... a bodybuilder can not just become massive overnight. It is the same with this my coniglia! Singing, performing, living this life, it will all take time. When you come in to make your next album together, you will be so far beyond this level, I know this!"

"Oh, gods... Don't even talk about that right now, I don't want to even think about the next one." Ivory hissed out with a groan.

"Hey, making another album would be a very good thing," Joseph hummed as he looked over the tablet he had in his paws. "Bianca, the label is chomping at the bit since it's been a few weeks, can I get an ETA on the production?"

Bianca gave a snort and then shrugged. "It is not a fast process, my volpe, perhaps... two weeks, more than likely three."

"So I can at least get a few weeks out of my season-long vacation? How lovely." Ivory rolled her eyes with another hiss.

"Yeah about that..." Joseph gave a little bark of a laugh as he rubbed the back of his head, seeing his wife glare daggers at him.

Crystal cleared her throat, playing wingman for the fox so he wouldn't suffer the brunt of his wife's diva-rage. "Ivory, we've got you and Karen scheduled with instructors with the studio to work on choreography and the like. It's not just enough to sing you-"

"I know how it works on stage!" Ivory snarled at the other cat with a glare.

Crystal returned her glare and pushed her glasses up on her snout, the lights from the recording studio glinting off them. "Well, Karen doesn't, and you two are a team, so you endure it with her. Once they approve the album we may be on the road touring before it's even finished yet."

"Ivory, sorry you're having to work harder for me, but you know I appreciate all your love and support." Karen moved to grip the other idol's paw, offering her a small smile as she squeezed it.

"Hmph... good thing I love you, yes it is fine." Ivory poked her nose up with a huff.

"Now you are starting to sound like me, my gattina!" Bianca gave a laugh and then looked to the two managers. "I will have a digital copy to you for the labels confirmation before the day is out."

"You get all that, handsome?" Crystal looked over her shoulder to the wolf that towered over them all but Bianca.

"Yeah, I've got an update already out to John and Jacob, as well as the scheduled times for the lessons ready for the girls." Isaac gave a nod as he scrolled through a few screens on his own tablet he sported. Joseph wanted him to have a more paws-on approach with things, not just security, so he started helping the managers with logistics.

So it went, and a few days later the album was ready to go in earnest. Joseph was sitting at his laptop with a frown as the call connected, it was just Jacob this time, since he was the one that would give the go-ahead.

The goat looked a little more introspective this time as he drummed his fingers on the desk, as if chewing on his words. Finally, Ivory hissed out over her husband's shoulder at the VP, "Jake, as a performer, I can appreciate suspense, but this is a bit much!"

He looked back at the camera and frowned. "Right, apologies, I just had a very pissed-off wolf in my office and I wasn't sure if I was leaving in one piece."

"Wha? You mean you actually have people that want to kick your ass, Jacob? With your sparkling, award-winning personality?" Crystal drolled out from behind Joseph, Ivory and Karen giggling next to the fox.

Jacob scowled at that but then folded his hands on the desk before sighing out, "I'll admit it now, this is an excellent album, certainly leagues better than your first one, Ivory."

"Yeah, well, she's a pain in the tail, but Bianca really is the best, you know?" She purred and smirked at the camera.

The VP nodded at her words then quirked a brow. "Alright, I think we can run with this, I'll ask as a courtesy, you sure about this, Mrs. Convel? No going back once you sign that contract."

"If Ivory is at my side, I can take on the world, especially with my dogs and best friend to boot!" Karen offered a cocky grin, Joseph giving an awkward smile of his own at being called hers, his tail wagging behind him.

Jacob gave a roll of his eyes but then offered a smirk. "Alright, Mocha. I'll send over the contracts. Once you guys make it to this side of the country, I'll officially shake your paw and welcome you."

"Thank you!" Karen squeaked out, feeling the nerves fully settle on her, clinging to Joseph's shoulder harder, the fox just offering a wincing grin at her.

"Joseph, you've got your work cut out for you, not sure if I should envy you having those two clinging to you or pity you." Jacob scoffed, then folded his hands on his desk, quirking a brow. "Are you already working on show planning?"

"Yes, Jake. Bianca predicts two to three weeks before the album is finished, so I figured that'd give the girls three weeks to-"

"I'll be sending you a proposed venue map and get on our advertising department. Have your performance sorted out in two weeks, your first show will be shortly after." The VP spoke out cooly, the small group on the other end of the video all looking shocked.

"Now hold your damn horses, Jake!" Ivory snarled out as she jabbed a padded-finger at the screen.

"You want to be the best? You get out there and you push your album before it's even off the presses or in the digital marketplace. Smaller and bigger names than you have had to hustle to make it."

Joseph perked his own ears as he spoke out, "Yeah, but-"

"But nothing, get that contract signed if you're still doing this, Mocha, then you and your girlfriend get your tails to work, you've got two weeks." The Vice President of the label spoke out calmly, then the video call ended.

"Son of a bitch..." Ivory snarled.

"I think I know what he's doing," Crystal spoke out conversationally.

"Being a dickhead?" Joseph grumbled back towards her over his shoulder.

The persian smirked at that and shook her head. "Well, yeah that too. However, I think he did this to rattle you, Karen."

"Rattle me?" She stood up and turned her full attention to one of her oldest friends and now manager.

Crystal nodded as she tapped her padded-forefinger on the rim of her glasses. "Yes. I've done my own research into this, and these two have told you how rough the lifestyle can be. I think he threw this gauntlet down to give you an idea of what awaited you, to give you a chance to back out before you signed on the dotted line as it were."

"Huh... well, he doesn't know me and how I deal with adversity, does he?" The rabbit offered the cat a challenging grin, her tail flicking behind her as she rested a paw on her hip.

"Or he looked into you and does know, so he's counting on it." Crystal shrugged. "Anyway, this is where we are, it's a good thing the planning has already been sorted."

"Yeah, good thing..." Ivory hissed as she rolled her eyes.

"C'mon, baby... once we're trapped on the bus for days at a time, you'll be wishing you could go do stuff like this, right? Let's make the most of it!" Joseph barked out optimistically.

Ivory hissed out and folded her arms. "Your optimism is cute and infuriating all at once, love." She sighed and shook her head before offering a smile to her husband. "I have a feeling I'll be wishing to be on a beach or lounging watching a movie at home, but I get what you're saying."

"This is still so unreal... how did it come to this? How am I going from just being a bondsman to an idol?" Karen shivered as she felt it all starting to settle, all the lines converging to this single point.

"It's not what you know, but whom you know, isn't that the old saying?" Crystal pushed her glasses up as she looked to the rabbit and gently rested a paw on her shoulder. "Karen, we rarely get what we deserve in life, so here you are, you've been through some mess that I'm fully aware of, so just focus on yourself for a bit, then when you make it, use that influence to get your story out there, you know?"

Her green eyes sharped as she nodded to Crystal, resolve settling into her face. "Y-You... you're right, Crystal. I don't deserve any of this, but if I can use it to save even one girl from having to go through what I did, it's worth all the work."

The four of them grew quiet for a few moments before Ivory clicked her tongue and spoke, "Wow... most people would celebrate with drinks or something, we got all heavy? This is gonna be a fun tour."

Karen offered her girlfriend a smirk and then playfully shoved her paw against the cat's shoulder. "Come on, you know I won't be all doom and gloom, besides, Crystal brought it up, she's the one going all emotional."

The persian perked her ears and hissed out, "Hey, I was just trying to motivate you!"

"Yes, I'm teasing you, Crystal." Karen grinned at her and flicked her tail a few times.

"Well, I do think a celebration is in order all the same. Why don't we go tell Isaac, then all of us can go have a nice dinner and a few drinks. We'll even invite Bianca!" Joseph barked out cheerfully.

"Ugh... haven't I seen that cow enough?" Ivory groaned.

"Be nice, my kitty, you know Bianca worked very hard as well, far beyond her pay for us." Karen linked an arm with the fussy cat's.

"I know, I know! Fine, but I want sushi, a nice place, not some conveyor belt one!" The idol barked the demands out expectantly.

"Only the best for, my wife," Joseph responded dutifully as he started looking through his phone. "Crystal, will you wrangle Isaac and Bianca while I sort out a place?"

Crystal offered the young fox a grin, enjoying watching his confidence grow as it had the last few days. "Sure thing, boss."

—♥—

"It is rare that I am invited to the celebratory antics, I am moved that you all thought of me," Bianca spoke out with a haughty laugh as she poured herself another cup of sake.

"Oh gee, I wonder why," Ivory drolled out as she sipped on her own sake before picking up the chopsticks and plucking another piece of sushi off the plate before her.

"We know how much more effort you put into this, Bianca. We're grateful, even if my lover is being a fussy ass." Karen smiled over at Bianca while seated next to Isaac.

"You even helped me knock the rust off my drum skills, maybe I'll practice on the tour and see about joining the band next go around!" Isaac gave his own bark of a laugh, sipping on water, no sake before him since he was driving.

"You haul a drum kit onto my bus, I'll toss you out on the interstate, wolf!" Ivory mewed out playfully as she pointed her chopsticks at him with a grin.

"Wait, uh... I suppose that's a good question, would we all just... share one bus?" Karen tilted her head curiously.

"Hey, why don't you guys sort that when I and Bianca aren't around, it's personal stuff and right now we're celebrating as a team, yeah?" Crystal retorted to her question rather quickly.

The two couples shared looks like it was indeed something that needed to be hashed out, assumptions having been made all around.

"So... you have any last-minute plans you will squeeze in while you practice the performance?" Bianca spoke out conversationally.

"I'd like to at least spend a full day with my mother before I go, she really missed me on the first tour since I'd never been away from her for so long," Joseph responded as he plucked another piece of sushi up, but then deftly offered it to his wife. Ivory gave him an approving grin before snapping the piece up.

"I'll need to reach out to Keys, let them know we're out of the biz for at least the rest of the year." Isaac gave his own nod.

"Aren't you guys one of his best teams?" Ivory asked curiously.

"His?" Karen tilted her head.

"Uh... I assumed Keys was a guy, are they not?" Ivory tilted her own head.

Isaac put his paw under his jaw, rubbing it in thought. "I don't know... I've worked with Keys, for years now. They never volunteered it and they kind of just have one of those voices on the phone that could go either way. I'm not even sure what species, Keys is, if I'm being truthful."

Joseph shook his own head before raising a finger, "Well, if Keys wanted any of those details made known, they'd have done it. All I know is they've gone above and beyond for my whole family, multiple times."

"Family, huh?" Isaac looked around before giving a nod. "Well, it's whatever. Keys is just Keys, and I consider them a dear friend. I'll miss not working with them though."

"So, ask to call them as a friend from time to time?" Crystal spoke up, obviously having no inkling of what the conversation really entailed, but knowing the informant by name from the stories she'd heard.

"I'm not sure if that's something Keys would even want, Crystal." Karen frowned.

"It sounds complicated, but all one can do is try, yes? Tell your mysterious friend you will miss them, you would like to call them some time, then let it rest. If they do not wish this, you respect that, and you reach out to them when the need arises in business only." Bianca drank down another cup of sake after speaking, then sighed at the obvious burn.

"I also wouldn't mind seeing Josie before we get back on the road, she's scary but quite a sweetheart!" Ivory purred as she spoke, directing the conversation away to something else.

"Hey! You guys should come to meet her too!" Joseph barked out to Karen and Isaac. The rabbit and wolf looked shocked at the casual invite to meet the fox's mother.

Crystal sighed and rubbed at her head. "You guys just can't keep the personal stuff out of the festivities, can you?"

"It is simply a show of how deep their bonds are." Bianca offered the other manager a grin.

Joseph rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry about that, uh... Bianca, what are you going to do now?"

The bovine woman snorted as she looked the five of them over. "After all the energy I have expended upon you lot? I will take a season to return to my home country, relax and recharge."

"Must be nice, I think I got maybe a week out of my season off." Ivory snorted out while looking at Joseph with her sharp blue eyes, then down at his plate of sushi before returning to his gaze. The fox didn't miss a beat and quickly plucked a new piece up to offer to his wife.

"Rest when you are older like me, my gattina. For now, you are young, you should work hard for yourself and your family! Also, you invited your coniglia and lupa into the mix, this was one of the prices you paid for it, they needed the extra time, as you did when you first came to me!" Bianca called out with another laugh as the idol snapped up the offering of sushi her husband gave her, her blue eyes looking irritated at the commentary but didn't argue.

"Thanks for everything you've done for me and Karen, Ivory," Isaac offered her a small smile that made the cat's heart flutter, reminding her that she knew they were both hers now, just like Joseph was. She closed her eyes and smiled, giving a nod, accepting it was a small price to pay.

—♥—

The line rang two and a half times as it always did before it connected. "Isaac, I can tell by the movement of your cell phone location and the echo I'm on speaker in your car, what do you need?"

"Hey, Keys, how you doing?" He barked out casually, Karen grinning next to him as they drove. It was just the two of them and was a few days after the contract had been signed.

"Hey, Keys! It's just the two of us in the car, no one else around!" Karen also called out.

"Hmph... How am I doing? And hello to you as well, Karen." Keys sighed out, as if that was all that needed to be said on the matter.

"Yeah, uh... you know, it's a social call?" Isaac barked out a laugh.

"Social call... Isaac, when have we ever done social?" Keys sighed again.

"We're doing it right now!" Karen fired back with a huff. "Keys, we're going on that tour with Ivory and Joseph."

"Yes, I'm aware, I assumed to take you off my active roster. Is that what this is about?"

"Well, yeah, but also just to talk to you since we won't have a reason to for a while." Isaac frowned at the continued tension as he drove.

"Isaac, if you're worried about it. I'll keep you both on the roster if this doesn't pan out, no need to put on airs."

"Why are you so smart yet so dense?" Isaac said with a snarl.

"... excuse you, doggy?" Keys spat out, heat coming into their voice.

"Isaac and I were calling you as much to reach out as to explain the situation. My husband wants to know if he can still talk to you during the tour." Karen sighed and just laid it out.

There was the sound of typing for several moments before another sigh from the informant. "I'm not versed in that industry, I just happened to have contacts that got their footpaws in the door, I can't really-"

"I'm not asking to contact you over help, stupid! I'm asking to call you from time to time... as a friend," Isaac snarled out.

"Oh. Why didn't you say so? Yeah, that's fine." Keys fired back matter-of-factly.

"Wait... that's it? It's fine?" Karen looked as shocked as Isaac did, both of them had expected a whole thing to come of this.

"Yes, it's fine. I've known you for years Isaac, and Karen, I don't pat myself on the back very often, but I know the help I provided let you move on. For better or worse I invested more than money and time into the two of you. So yes, call or text my number any time, together or separately. I will... do my best to be sociable, but no promises, it's not exactly one of my trained skillsets."

"Awesome! So I can officially say we're friends now, Keys?" Isaac showed a toothy grin to the steering wheel.

"Don't push your luck." Keys' voice seemed to take on a hint of amusement, then they sighed. "I've another call. Reach out any time. Have a good tour you two."

The line disconnected just like that and Karen gave a shrug. "That actually went pretty well. I guess Keys really does like us."

"No kidding...Calling me doggy like that... son of a bitch..." Isaac grinned and shook his head.

Karen clicked her tongue after a while of silence, looking at the older model sports car in front of them, Joseph and Ivory's car. "Sooo... we're actually doing this? Meeting his mom after only like... a month or so?"

"I mean, technically you've known them for years, right?" Isaac looked introspectively at that and shook his head. "Damn... already been a while for me too, it really does move quickly, huh?"