Love & Prostitution Ch. 02

Story Info
Emily joins the Kolkata High Court bar.
1.7k words
4.42
7.7k
5
1

Part 2 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EvieUKNE
EvieUKNE
137 Followers

Tags: interracial romance, lesbian romance

With Emily's preparation to assist at the trial now complete, she and Uncle Sanjit leave home for the High Court. She is wearing the correct outfit for a lady barrister in India: black leather flat shoes, plain black sari, black petticoat, white underwear and white choli. She also carries a black handbag and a lovely black leather briefcase with her name elegantly engraved on the highly polished brass nameplate. It contains her: UK birth certificate, certificates for her first class honours bachelors law degree and for her masters law degree, passport endorsed with a 12 month visa and work permit, together with some other documents. As well as her Uncle's chauffeur and armed bodyguard, there is her own armed bodyguard. Emily's bodyguard will travel everywhere with her.

Nervous about the trial, she tries to reduce her apprehension by returning to a subject she increasingly enjoys thinking about. She has loved every moment of her time in India and has been fully integrated into the family and staff, particularly Sansa! She smiles to herself thinking it's hard to avoid becoming closer to someone who washes every part of your body and keeps your private parts totally free of hair. Emily thinks that this morning's attentions were slightly different, she didn't know if it was accidental or deliberate, but she seemed to spend more time on her nether region with a lingering, softly quivering, touch to her clitoris, naughty but deliciously nice! They chat freely during these rituals and, as far as is possible in Indian society, have become friends. Although she misses her parents greatly she adores her new life in India and is falling in love with Sansa which makes her a lesbian! The thought brings a dreamy smile to her face.

On arrival at the High Court, the chauffeur opens the car door for Uncle Sanjit and her bodyguard opens the door on the other side for Emily. They rejoin at the bottom of the steps up to the entrance that has marble columns on either side, it is an imposing neo-classical building built in 1872 during the British Raj. They walk up the steps and, with her bodyguard clearing the way through a considerable number of reporters and cameramen, Emily follows him closely while Uncle Sanjit brings up the rear. A number of questions are called to them but no answers at given at this stage. Uncle Sanjit was right, this is an important trial. Inside they go through security and are conducted by an usher to the chamber of the Chief Justice of the Kolkata High Court. The usher knocks and on hearing a positive response, he enters and announces them. The Chief Justice smiles warmly and hugs Uncle Sanjit who introduces Emily. She wasn't expecting hugs for Uncle and then the Chief Justice embraces her as well! Seeing her consternation he says that they are cousins, so the Chief Justice is her relative too. They all laugh and are invited to sit and take tea.

They chat very informally over tea and Emily is asked for the personal papers she brought with her in her new briefcase. Handing them over he scrutinises them then looks up and smiles, then asks if she desires to be a citizen of India. Hesitantly Emily asks if she would have to renounce her British citizenship. The Chief Justice says that dual nationality of British with Indian is quite normal, so Emily smiles and says she would be both delighted and honoured. They all stand and with right hand raised she is asked to repeat the citizenship oath after him, which Emily does happily: "I, Emily Rita Berkshire, do solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, and that I will faithfully observe the laws of India and fulfil my duties as a citizen of India". Next she is similarly sworn in as a member of the Kolkata bar making her an officer of the high court. Both men congratulate her on becoming a citizen of India and on her admission to the Kolkata bar. They hug her warmly and this time she happily returns the hug, also receiving a kiss on the cheek from them both. The Chief Justice signs and stamps the 2 certificates and together with her other papers, she puts safely into her briefcase.

Uncle Sanjit thanks the Chief Justice as Emily smiles and nods in agreement, then they rise and on taking their leave, they head for the courtroom. Uncle Sanjit checks the defence table and notes that the boxes of papers have been delivered by his clerks. All seems ready, so they go to the defence barristers room to meet with each of the 11 defendants for the final time before their trial. Emily's bodyguard enters with them and takes position close behind where Emily is seated. Each defendant is brought into the room in turn and Uncle Sanjit introduces Emily as the "second chair", smiling she resists the urge to look too wooden. Each defendant looks fearful (as well they might, being found guilty of trafficking more than one person means a sentence of 10 years to life imprisonment, and a fine) as they shuffle into the room in handcuffs chained to ankle cuffs.

However, it doesn't stop them ogling Emily who tries to ignore the unwelcome attention just wanting them to concentrate on what is important. The situation and process are explained in simple terms so they can understand what is happening. Uncle Sanjit asks if they have any questions - none of them do. He then asks if there is anything else he should know before the trial starts, that might help their case - again there is nothing. Uncle Sanjit sees the ogling and reminds each defendant in turn that such behaviour could go very hard against them if the jury sees it. He terminates each interview with a warm smile and tells them although the prosecution's case is strong, their defence will be robustly conducted. Emily feels some discomfort as their ogling continues and hopes it won't effect her professional deportment and demeanour in court.

Just before 2 p.m. they enter the courtroom and jury selection begins. Basically the prosecution will try to have men dismissed from the jury, for various stated reasons but the real reason being they expect to have a better chance of conviction with a jury where the majority are higher to middle class female and thought to be more likely to convict lower class male defendants of the despicable crimes of aggravated abduction and of trafficking. The opposite being true for the defence, i.e. a majority male jury might have some sympathy for the defendants, even a secret envy, if they think the women concerned had in some obscure way, brought such terrors upon herself. Uncle Sanjit and the lead barrister for the prosecution, debate the arguments for each potential juror after which the judge asks each some questions designed to reveal a possible bias. By 5 p.m. the jury has been selected and sworn in, the jury is directed not to discuss the case with anyone outside the courtroom, the judge then adjourns the case for the day. 5 women and 7 men have been selected and the defence hopes it will be sufficient to help the defence.

On the drive home they discuss the events of the day: the wonderful meeting with the Chief Justice to whom Emily is not too distantly related; her admission to the Kolkata bar and on becoming a citizen of India; the pre-trial interview with the 11 defendants and her discomfort due to their lewd behaviour and finally being present on the defence team during jury selection with the underlying politics of it all. Uncle Sanjit reassures her over their behaviour and that it will hurt their chances of acquittal if the jury see them doing it in court, at least he saw it happening and was able to warn them about the possible consequences. They are both generally pleased with the events of the day. On arrival home they take tea and tell the family that Emily was not only living with them, but is now a citizen of India and no longer has need of a work permit or visa. They go to their rooms to refresh themselves and dress for dinner.

When Emily goes upstairs to retire for the night, Sansa is there waiting for her with a smile. As she helps Emily to undress she notices a massage table, that wasn't there before, in the large en-suite bathroom. Sansa says that if Emily desires it she will give her a very nice massage after her bath. Emily is delighted with the idea, smiling as she steps into the deliciously fragrant foamy lukewarm water. Sansa attends her as she bathes, giving them a chance to talk about her day. Handing Emily a nice fluffy bath sheet, they continue chatting while Emily is dried by Sansa gently dabbing the wrapped towel against her skin to dry it, the pampering feels simply divine. Leading Emily to the massage couch, where she replaces the wet damp bath sheet with a dry one. Emily lies face up on the couch and Sansa rubs some essential oil into her right arm. She checks with Emily that the fragrance and feel are acceptable and then commences work on her upper body, lifting the bath sheet as she goes.

Sansa notices while gently massaging her breasts that Emily's nipples have become engorged and gives them some extra attention, asking Emily if she is enjoying the massage. In an embarrassed whisper, she tells her that she is enjoying it more than she can say. Much the same happens on the lower half of her body and Emily's heart seems to stop with the realisation that the morning caress of her clitoris wasn't accidental. Sansa's hand approaches her nether region slowly to give Emily a chance to stop her, Emily just purrs contentedly, so Sansa continues and gives Emily a rather more substantial treat than that of the morning, just what she was hoping! Emily moans softly with the pleasure, which remains with her until she is dressed in a pretty nightdress and tucked into bed by a smiling Sansa. Emily is aroused and yearns to be kissed, the only thing stopping her from taking the initiative is her fear of somehow giving offence regarding the strict caste system in Indian society. But in her heart she knows that if Sansa takes the initiative that she will engage fully with her. As she drifts off to sleep she imagines different scenarios for that first kiss.

EvieUKNE
EvieUKNE
137 Followers