Love & Prostitution Ch. 30

Story Info
The Brothel Survey.
2.8k words
4.65
2k
0
1

Part 30 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EvieUKNE
EvieUKNE
137 Followers

In the Captain's day cabin, while disembarkation proceeds, the Captain introduces Arjun, the Marine Architect to Emily, owner of Bangkok Girl and to Achara, the Brothel Manager. On a copy of the vessel plans, the Captain points out a large rectangle of deck area that has been highlighted for ease of viewing. The rectangle includes both the existing brothel and the disused area that is both adjacent to it and forward of it (nearer the bow).

The Captain leads them down to the brothel. As they tour the existing facilities, using his smartphone, Arjun makes a voice recording of all that is said, together with his questions and the answers given. In addition, he makes a rough sketch on his tablet and using a laser pointer adds the dimensions of each area to the voice recording. Achara describes how the meet & greet lounge works and takes them to the changing room suggesting that it could be better organised and perhaps as a result become more compact. She points out the door used by entertainment staff and then the ladies' powder room.

Back in the lounge Achara takes them into the corridor where the 10 identical entertainment suites are located, they find one that isn't occupied and Emily explains how they will be used out of hours as the home for two brothel ladies and when the brothel is open, only by a lady and her guest. The off-duty ladies will need a comfortable lounge with buffet style servery and dining tables. The bathroom with 2 person shower, WC and wash hand basin and the bedroom with double bed, wardrobes and built-in dressing table are indispensable. The rooms need to be compact but spacious enough to allow for a sumptuous decor fit for a Maharajah, the same to apply for all furnishings & decor in the brothel complex.

Emily adds that the new complex requires a total of 20 such entertainment suites, each with a simple system of locking the door from the inside which switches on a 'Do not disturb' sign outside the door but closing it from the outside has no such effect. Suite numbers are also required outside each suite, perhaps incorporated into the 'Do not disturb' sign. Back in the meet & greet lounge, beside the door to the entertainment suites, Achara points out where the Brothel Manager's desk will be positioned. The display on the desk to show which suites are occupied and which are available for occupation. Achara having covered the points affecting the reconstruction of the brothel, the Captain leads the group to the adjoining complex.

Using the vessel plans, he guides them through the disused rooms trying to give a feel as to how big the space is and how much bigger it will be when it has been gutted. Arjun is very busy recording measurements in all rooms and spaces, particularly noting where plumbing services are visible. The group retire to the Captain's day cabin where Arjun summarises the significant points that have been highlighted and are confirmed both by Achara and by Emily. He asks if they may meet again after lunch, when he hopes to have a suggested floor plan for consideration together with a cost estimate and an estimate of the time required for the reconstruction also to have the whole complex, new and old, decorated, furnished and ready for use.

Emily and Achara are joined at lunch by Amy and Sushila. The conversation is mainly about the exciting changes to the brothel. As they move away from the dining room Amy asks Emily if she may speak with her in private. Emily is pleased that she wants to talk after observing her detachment at lunch and takes her to the lounge in her cabin. Amy starts by apologising for what she is going to say, but she feels that she has sufficient funds now to retire from prostitution, given her advancing years and fading attractiveness to men. Emily understands the situation entirely saying that we all have to face it at some time and asks her when she would like to retire. Amy asks if retiring at the end of the cruise would be acceptable? Emily says that it is very considerate of her to finish the cruise and complete all her bookings before leaving.

Emily asks if she has any ideas she is considering and falteringly Amy says that wonders if there was a possibility where she might continue to stay with Emily, Sansa and Sushila in some capacity, e.g. as Achara's deputy in the brothel but no longer work as a prostitute herself. Emily smiles reassuringly and says that if she had known all this earlier, she would have had no hesitation in appointing Amy as Brothel Manager. However, they need to deal with reality and Achara is both the Brothel Manager and her Confidential Executive Assistant. Emily promises Amy that she will talk to Achara about the matter and see if there is a way forward but can make no promises about the outcome because she would not put any pressure on Achara, who has always been positive and helpful. But if this idea doesn't work, she will think of something that does.

Amy says that she understands entirely and wouldn't want the slightest pressure on Achara that might sour any relationship between them. Reassured that Emily will find a way to help, she expresses her sincere and loving thanks. It being time for Emily to return to the meeting in the Captain's day cabin, they hug and take their leave of each other.

Back in the meeting Arjun describes a couple of suggestions with the aid of some sketches: "The first suggestion is the simplest and retains the existing brothel in its current form. See how the corridor from the lounge to the entertainment suites runs toward the bow for a few yards before making a turn to the right to run across the vessel, i.e. from side to side, with 5 entertainment suites on either side of the long corridor. If the initial part of the corridor were continued to break through the wall and into the large unused space beyond it, an identical copy of the 10 existing entertainment suites could be attached to it. The remainder of the disused space would provide for a fine lounge and buffet servery which could be accessed from the existing changing room. The changing room would be refurbished along with the rest of the existing brothel". Everyone likes the idea very much.

Arjun outlines his second idea: "The second suggestion requires a total gutting of the whole area before reconstruction could commence. This suggestion is based on a mix of ideas: 1. The Canal Street viewing cabins, providing a small private room for sex, in the Red Light District of Amsterdam; 2. The sumptuous design style of a Maharajah's palace; 3. An impression of a middle eastern harem. While they first seem at odds with the current style and the other two ideas, could work very well for retreats that are intended to revitalise jaded 'registered ladies' by reminding them of one alternative to their current privileged status. If the sex cabins of Amsterdam were enlarged, but not as much as the current entertainment suites, you can see how the 20 rooms, each with a queen size double bed, en-suite shower with WC, built-in wardrobes, shelves and vanity unit could fill the outside walls leaving a substantial area in the middle".

Arjun continues: "If the central space was room separating from 'our luxury canal street' then the room could house the new rest lounge, buffet servery, ladies room, wardrobe and changing room. With perhaps only a metre wide gap between sex cabins and the new central structure, using the appropriate decor and red lighting along this 'alley', the mood of the brothel would be that of seedy sex where brothel ladies are constantly reminded of what awaits them if they do not 'make the grade'. I hope that these two contrasting suggestions are helpful and if not your choice, that they provoke further ideas more close to your aspirations". Everyone likes the creativity of the idea.

Emily thanks Arjun and congratulates him on his interpretations of what was purposely a loose brief. She says that she favours both options leaning more towards the first suggestion, i.e. keeping the existing brothel structure, duplicating the entertainment suite complex and adding the new rest lounge. She does appreciate the seedy austerity idea which could be a big contributor where the retraining of 'registered ladies' is concerned. Turning to Achara with a smile, she invites her contribution: "No doubt, the way the Brothel Manager handles the retraining could introduce the seedy side too".

Achara responds: "Thank you Emily, like your good self, I have worked in the existing brothel and become rather fond of the place and its purpose to ensure the complete satisfaction of the gentlemen that visit it. With the addition of the new purpose to revitalise jaded ladies brings a challenge which I think requires individual adjustments, i.e. not every trainee will respond to retraining in the same way. While it is possible through a range of management techniques with individual trainees to effect the required change in attitude and/or behaviour, I think expanding the current entertainment suites is my preferred option because we know it works for the gentlemen and for a lot of the ladies. Finally, without wishing to state the obvious, we can't have another go at restructuring if we change the ambience too radically".

Emily thanks Achara for her excellent and well considered reasoning. Emily asks if there are any follow-up thoughts and there being none at present, she asks Arjun to comment on likely costs and timescale. He takes a breath and replies: "For the first suggestion, I estimate a very rough cost of US$50,000 based on the complete refurbishment and refurnishing of the whole brothel after the expansion into the disused area has been completed. Bangkok Girl will need to be in port, which I understand is Kolkata, for a period of 2 months give or take a fortnight either way. The noise and the number of extra people required on board to do the work, I suggest make the project incompatible with being at sea on a cruise. For the second suggestion, I estimate at least twice the cost and twice the time would be involved".

Emily thanks Arjun for his helpful contribution. After an hour or so of discussion there is a strong consensus for the first suggestion of retaining and duplicating the structure of the 10 current entertainment suites. Arjun is formally requested to manage the project which is decided will commence, while in Kolkata, after the current cruise has ended in eleven weeks time. As Project Manager, Arjun will source the necessary skilled labour that is necessary and can be accommodated in crew cabins while the crew is ashore on leave. He will also manage all the work. The Captain says he will maintain a skeleton crew during the period and keep the crew dining room operational for the workmen. Emily says that she will notify Chandranath, her club point of contact about the arrangements and email all the branch officers that the date of the next cruise will be 2 months after the current cruise has concluded. With everyone in agreement, the meeting ends.

Emily asks Achara to join her in her cabin for afternoon tea, which as usual is served with a delicious choice of 'naughty but nice' cream cakes. Emily asks if Achara sees the need for a Deputy Manager and Achara says that she does, in fact she would like to be the Deputy Manager to a more experienced Brothel Manager, like Amy for example. Emily raises an eyebrow and asks how the idea of stepping down and speaking of Amy as a possible candidate occurred to her. Achara explains that the role of Brothel Manager is becoming more complex and she feels that her current knowledge and skills are not yet up to the challenge. However, working and learning from a more experienced and skilled person like Amy will help her development, so that at some time in the future she might be more up to what the job requires.

Emily congratulates her on her self awareness and asks why she mentioned Amy. Achara laughs and says the question is easy to answer. She knows of Amy's experience and of how she helped Emily & Sansa adjust and excel when sold into prostitution on board Bangkok Girl. She says that she has watched her interacting with others and envied her self confidence and people skills. Emily asks if she has discussed any of this with Amy and she says that she hasn't.

Reassured that Achara is under no pressure to give up being Brothel Manager, she asks how she would feel if Amy were to become her colleague as another Confidential Executive Assistant like herself, there's going to be a lot happening in the future and I want the right people helping me. Achara beams with delight, there's nothing She would like more! Emily swears Achara to secrecy until she has had a chance to talk to Amy and for her to think things over. Achara grins: "Of course, I'm your Confidential Executive Assistant" and they laugh. As she gets up to leave, Emily reassures Achara that her cabin remains hers, they smile and embrace.

Achara takes her leave and departs on a mission to invite Amy to visit Emily. Being in port with a good signal, Emily calls Chandranath on her mobile and brings him up to date on all that has happened regarding the expansion and refurbishment of the brothel. He is delighted with the news and says he will update everyone that needs to know. She also tells him about the changed commencement date of the second cruise and he kindly undertakes to inform every committee member of every branch who are on one of his Email distribution lists. He will ask them to pass the information on to all their branch members. Emily agrees to accept nominations from branches for the retraining of jaded 'registered ladies' on the second cruise.

Chandranath suggests that with a capacity for 40 jaded ladies that the trainees serve in the brothel for a full cruise. Emily agrees readily and the call ends just as Amy knocks on her cabin door. Such a proposal means that the biggest cost, i.e. that of 'registered ladies', could be removed if there are enough jaded 'registered ladies' ... Emily acknowledges the proposal has significant merit, and they both laugh.

Emily opens the door with a smile and asks Amy to come inside and take a seat. Closing the door she joins her and tells her all about the reconstruction and plans for the future operation, so the brothel will have the dual role of providing every single gentleman that visits the brothel with a total pleasure experience AND of revitalising jaded 'registered ladies' by both retraining them in brothel service during a full cruise and during that time, hopefully readjusting their attitudes and behaviour commensurate with their privileged position as 'registered ladies'. Those that don't make the grade will be removed from the register of ladies.

Emily goes on to relate that Achara doesn't consider that she has the skills and experience yet for the added responsibility and has requested to be made Deputy Brothel Manager to an experienced person such as yourself. Amy's expression is one of total surprise. Emily pauses to let the news sink in and then asks if, in addition to becoming her Confidential Executive Assistant (in addition to Achara) would she also accept the job of Brothel Manager on board Bangkok Girl? It means that they will work together all of the time, Amy travelling wherever Emily goes.

As one of two Confidential Executive Assistants of the owner of a chain of hotels throughout India and Brothel Manager of Bangkok Girl, her salary will be US$10,000 per month, a total of US$120,000 per annum. There are other benefits too, such as free food and accommodation, her own cabin suite on board Bangkok Girl and her own penthouse suite whenever they stay at a branch of The Best Erotic Marigold Hotel.

Amy is delighted at the news, she will still be a multi-millionaire at the end of the cruise and has two jobs with salary and benefits that are very valuable in India. She of course accepts Emily's offer and the deal is sealed with a big hug. Emily adds that she will take on the employment of Ranjit and his two assistant PSOs, relieving her of that expense while retaining the services of trusted security staff. They both sense that Bangkok Girl is gently moving away from the dock and as she slowly manoeuvres well clear of other vessels alongside the dock, her engines engage to take her out of Visakhapatnam and back into the Bay of Bengal toward Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu, the next destination on their cruise.

EvieUKNE
EvieUKNE
137 Followers