Love Around the World 01: Andorra

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Andorra is a principality and is headed by two co-princes: the bishop of Urgell in Catalonia and the President of France. This stems from a charter in 1278 that led to this arrangement. Today, Andorra is a 'Unitary parliamentary constitutional semi-theocratic elective diarchy.' The actual head of government is the Prime Minister, nominally recognised as the chief executive.

Andorra is the only nation-state in the world where Catalan is the official language. If Catalonia were to achieve independence from Spain, this might change and there would be two nations as it's guaranteed Catalonia would dump Spanish as quickly as possible as an official language.

Andorra la Vella is the highest capital in Europe at over one thousand metres.

Andorra is NOT a member of the European Union (as of 2023) though does use the Euro as its official currency. It is not a member of the Schengen freedom of movement area though border checks are few when travelling in and out of the country. It only became a member of the United Nations in 1993.

Andorra has no airport nor any rail links. You can visit the country by road or, if you can afford it, by helicopter.

Andorra is the sixth smallest state in Europe with an area of 468 square kilometres. Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City are smaller in area.