Love Bites Ch. 02

Story Info
Tradition looks different when you're 140 years old!
6.1k words
4.83
2.1k
6

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 02/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bite Me Baby, One More Time

Here's installment two of a series of my vampire shorts! Previously an exclusive release, I can now share these with a broader audience, and will likely be expanding on them as well. Sweet and steamy, they take place in a larger vampire mythos that began with a young Roman woman who was born more than she seems. Keep posted! More to come!

*

Go. Go go go go go. Clenching a list of errands in her teeth as she ran around getting items for her sister's wedding, Bethany St. Claire just kept moving. The favors were in her trunk, the champagne flutes were in a highly secured box at the foot of her passenger seat, and she'd arrived at the tailor's only a minute behind on her itemized itinerary.

Preternaturally gifted in the art of organization, the nearly-thirty-year old pharmaceutical lab analyst had caved to her sister's begging to act as wedding planner. Erica had never been good with documentation and bureaucracy, and knew the hassle of putting together her nuptials on paper would be more stress than she wanted to handle. So, as her "wedding present" (her sister's words), Bethany had agreed and the two of them negotiated. Erica nailed down her 'dream day details' and navigated the arduous process of picking her hall, vendors, caterer, entertainment... All the bells and whistles. Bethany had done all the actual scheduling, budgeting, ordering, and booking. (Also a lot of the tasting, let's be honest!)

Seriously though, the wedding biz was SUCH a racket and a headache.

Grabbing the tuxedos (seven in all), Bethany mentally checked off another task on her list. The next day was the wedding, and the rehearsal dinner was only six hours out. The big event was a church wedding followed by a reception at a quaint, local venue: Ivverson Rose Garden and Botanic Park, a sprawling New England mansion built for a family that made its wealth establishing a successful fishing company in the early 1900s. Very storybook vibe to the old estate. Became a landmark upon the passing of its last owner. The house was rented for events, and the grounds were absolutely breathtaking; they'd been extensively planted by the wife of a great-grandson, and now were kept meticulously.

Erica was going to look so incredible in her lace, portrait-back mermaid-silhouette ivory gown among the roses, Bethany thought. As much of a pain in the ass the planning was, it would be worth it. What were big sisters for?

After laying the tuxes carefully in her back seat, Bethany checked the item off for real and finally dropped the list in the front. Everything was still going smoothly enough so far. Just had to confirm with the florist, bakery, and band that tomorrow was the day!, when they would arrive, how to finalize payment. Relatives were helping out by chipping in on different tabs, so of course that was as difficult as possible. Before she could go home and get ready to enjoy the rehearsal dinner, there was still the matter of dropping some items, including the favors, at Ivverson's.

Bethany secured the suits on the hooks in her car, then finally got in herself to begin the next task. She let her cellphone synch to her hands-free system so she could make calls on the way. The garden estate was about forty-five minutes out of town, and there was not a second to waste.

A text came in, her car announcing it pleasantly.

"Message from RAUL MADERA", it chimed (butchering his name), offering the on-screen option to read or ignore. Since she hadn't pulled out yet, Bethany hit "read" before buckling in. The robotic voice proceeded "Going well, love? I'll meet you at your place by six thirty" and then fell silent. In response, Bethany hit a button and a beep sounded, followed by: "What do you need?"

"Text Raul Madera", she said loudly and clearly. It beeped back.

"What is your message?"

"Hey comma, will be driving shortly comma, but yes period. On my way to Ivverson's comma, see you then." She gave it a second and then said "Send".

"Sending..." her car dutifully replied. "Message sent." Nodding, the curvy woman began to exit the tailor's parking lot.

As she drove, his call rang in; she still got a floaty feeling in her belly when she saw his name. Quickly punching the button, she greeted him throatily. "Hey."

The rich laugh that bubbled through her car's speakers made her warm every time she heard it.

"Drive safely, mi amor," he pretended to scold her. "I know you're dealing with a lot of stress right now, but as Douglas Adams wrote, 'Don't panic'." Bethany snorted and smiled wide.

"Our family weddings are always like this. I swear the party will make up for all the running around I've had to do the last week."

"Oh I have no doubt we'll have fun at the party. I am grateful your sister chose an evening wedding." Though contrary to popular belief, the sun wouldn't kill one of his kind, they weren't really fans. They were a nocturnal species and enjoyed it. "I can't wait to see you tonight."

"You're just besotted," she teased, her face red. That had happened a lot since she met Raul.

"Who could blame me?" he purred back. "When you're finally free tonight, I'm going to devour you."

"In what way?" Bethany sassed her unusual new 'gentleman friend'. Their connection was explosively physical from the top... she just hoped Raul was into her for more than her blood type.

"Any way you desire, cara mia," he said, borrowing the phrase from the late Raul Julia, whom the 143-year old vampire swore up and down was named after him. Bethany's voice cracked in a moan over the phone connection.

"Mmm, sweet talker."

Dating a mortal woman wasn't exactly forbidden among the night-walkers, but they did tend to prefer as few non-vamps knew of them as possible. However, it was acceptable to approach a human if a ¬long-term arrangement were in mind. Raul had never taken a fledgling before, as the resulting bonds of blood, soul, and mind were always consuming, in good or bad ways. Becoming a vampire was an odd mixed bag. When he'd been turned, he wasn't given a choice. His first years as a bloodsucker were drenched in conflict and servitude, and he'd never take advantage of someone the same way.

With Bethany, if she chose immortality and his eternal companionship, it was that much more of a precious gift.

"I know you still have much to do, but I just wanted to check in," he replied with a rumble of care in his voice. "I'll see you soon."

"Yes, as soon as I can," she sighed, certainly deep in lust with him. He wanted much more than that, but it was a good place to start. "You still have to help me find something to cover my neck." Both of them chuckled. Since his... appetite left distinct marks on her throat (or thigh, or breast), she'd tasked him with picking out an elegant accessory to cover his bite.

He had. A delicate velvet choker trimmed with ribbon she hadn't seen yet. It should match her floral cocktail dress for the rehearsal dinner that evening, their first date amongst people she knew.

As they hung up, he grinned.

On the way to Ivverson's Rose Garden, Bethany made several phone calls confirming deliveries for the next day, then rang her sister to pass on the info. The cake and flowers would be dropped off two hours prior to the reception, the band would arrive to set up shortly after, and the bridal party was expected for photos even earlier than that. The church ceremony was taking place at three in the afternoon for close friends and family, and the reception began at six. The entire bridal party would head directly to the venue after the ceremony, and everyone else had time to go home and change from day to evening attire.

Raul wouldn't even rouse until at least five. He'd already promised to meet her at the estate.

Bethany made it safely to the hall, dropped off the sundries, and received the last few pieces of paperwork for Erica and fiancé to sign. It was finally almost over, almost time for the pure fun part of the event. Taking a few minutes to stroll the grounds, admiring the absolutely gorgeous landscape, the voluptuous woman allowed herself a break. The last couple of weeks had been crunch time, and she was looking forward to cutting loose. Especially with a man who could dance and fuck like... well, a demon, albeit one who was really big on transparency and consent. Honestly, it was refreshingly healthy.

As she bent to inhale the flowers' delicate fragrance, she ruminated on newly dating a vampire, and what that might eventually turn into. He was pretty open about the whole blood-drinking thing, but is that all he really wanted from her? They'd only been seeing each other a week, even, and Bethany could hardly claim they were 'seriously' dating. She wasn't even sure what she wanted. An actual 'boyfriend'? Marriage? Eternity? It was too early to even be thinking about this stuff! She just needed to blow off some steam and get to know the guy without being smack in the middle of one of the busiest weeks of her life.

After checking the time on her phone, she spared herself another five minutes amongst the flowers, as though in the back of her head she knew she may not have many more days in the sun to come.

When she got home, she took a quick shower to get refreshed. Wrapped in a towel, she wound her brushed, damp hair into a chignon to do her make-up. After that, Bethany donned her sheer, queen-sized stockings and a good bra, then slid her dress (off-white with generous spring florals) carefully over her head. After settling it around her mountainous bosom, she began putting on her accessories. In the middle the intercom buzzed.

Bethany waltzed over and pushed the button to let Raul in and returned to her vanity. She put on her earrings and a necklace before the knock came, and lingered only a moment in staring at the marks on her throat.

His teeth. Fangs, to be specific.

As she walked to the door, the memories swarmed her mind. When the vampire bit her, it was pain and pleasure- mostly pleasure- that hit all at once. When he swallowed her blood (or gave his), her soul joined his, and they were united in a way no human couple had ever known. It was exhilarating, but scary.

She opened the door, still thinking about it.

Raul had his thick black hair braided again, the lip piercing (lower lip, center) gleaming as he grinned. Every time they met, he looked at her like that- a tasty snack. But not just in an objectifying way. Beyond his immediate hunger and need was a fond regard in his eyes. The mortal woman looked back at it and wanted to know how and why.

"Hey, you're right on time," she greeted him, leaning in. He bent to collect a kiss.

"I make it a point to always be punctual," he replied. Once he entered the apartment proper, she caught a look at his clothing: sleek silver-gray slacks with a purple collared shirt and a pattered tie in corresponding shades of both colors. Light, crisp, nice without being too formal. And given her choice of lilacs on cream, a good complement to her dress. "I've brought you something." He held out a small drawstring pouch, made of a silky material.

"Is this the cover for my neck?" She asked, taking it. Her fingers pulled the bag open while he watched expectantly.

"I hope you like it," he tittered, "since I intend to make quite frequent use of those marks. No tawdry, flimsy cheap thing will be enough to cover them." And it would be seriously weird if she went to a spring wedding with a scarf on her neck.

Bethany pulled a choker from the small pouch and unfolded it.

"It's so pretty!" The velvet was pale purple, like the lilacs on her dress, thick enough to cover the brand of his teeth. Silver ribbons and purple rhinestones decorated the band, making it a little fancy. "It's perfect."

"When you mentioned what you'd be wearing, I knew just what to get." Bethany moved to embrace him, and Raul welcomed her into his arms with a happy exhalation. Her hug was brief but tight, and she moved back to her vanity. Raul followed casually, watching as she sat and lifted the item to her throat. She used her nails to hit the tiny lever that opened the clasp, and worked to adjust the small chain to a fit she liked. This small action and her lovely appearance made him smile.

One could tell so many things about a person just by studying the way they moved, carried themselves, and dressed. Though Bethany was more inclined to dark, sensual colors and fashions, she certainly knew how to present herself at every occasion. She took pride in herself, emphasized her abundant flesh where society wanted her to hide it, and certainly brimmed with erotic energy.

There was something more, too. Something she exuded that he didn't think she was aware of.

Her will was strong. Self-awareness, unbridled. Besides the intoxicating scent and latent sexuality in her look when he'd first stumbled upon her in a goth club, those were the qualities that drew him to Bethany. Not a vampire existed who did not have- or develop- those qualities. Their magic lay in will, after all, and if she decided to join him in eternity, she was going to need it.

Vampires did not live boring lives.

Bethany finally put on her kitten heels, and the two of them took Raul's car to the restaurant where the rehearsal dinner was happening. Only bridal party and immediate family would be there to go over the details of the big day and celebrate. Open bar, nice meal. Should be fun. Bethany was nervous to introduce her new lover, knowing Erica would make a big deal about it. Still, her family was pretty chill. It just that none of them could know he was something... more.

***

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Polite, church-friendly applause met the preacher's words, and the bride and groom held hands at the altar, beaming happily. "You may kiss the bride!" Lips met and the enthusiasm of the crowd increased, still at place-of-worship-acceptable levels. Bethany clapped, holding her bouquet in one hand as she slapped her knuckles with the other.

Ceremony done. There would be some pictures at the church before the entire party left for Ivverson's, to get even more pictures and prepare for the reception. Bethany just kept smiling in her fuschia-pink bridesmaid dress. A swath of lace and ribbon she'd hastily constructed encircled her neck, covering the bite marks. After the dinner last night, Raul had stayed at her apartment and made good on his promise to eat Bethany in more than one way. He always healed the wounds when he was done taking a few mouthfuls, but the main marks (he explained) would last. They would only disappear after a while if he stopped biting, but if she turned, she'd bear them permanently.

So many details to think about.

She shook it all away to get through. Her family had been very welcoming of Raul at the rehearsal dinner, with Erica looking all smug about her big sis "hooking up with the hottie from Hexed!", and tonight they'd all be used to the idea of Bethany dating again, so the focus should stay more or less on the happy couple.

The pictures took forever, but by the time they'd finished, there was food and drink to be had (appetizers, champagne, passed hors d'oeuvres), and plenty of time to peek at the stuff that should have arrived by now. Bethany still was the wedding planner, after all. The baker and florist indeed had arrived, and she checked everything over and paid them. The band was also on site, setting up in the glorious ballroom, and servers in full tuxedos bustled everywhere. It was all coming together.

Time to enjoy herself a bit.

Bethany returned to the bridal suite and made a plate of finger foods, then kicked up her heels. A passing server bequeathed her a flute of bubbly. Erica and the other bridesmaids were freshening up and chatting, with Erica changing from full bridal gown to a tea-length, light dress with a frothy skirt, perfect for dancing. Cocktail hour was to be served out on the lawn directly behind the estate. Guests would soon arrive, and the sun was on its way out for the night.

Raul would wake up soon, text, and be on his way. Thinking about him, the bridesmaid ached. It was ridonkulous that he affected her so strongly already, but he'd warned her exchanging blood with a vampire could be like a euphoric drug. That had to be it.

Right?

The text came in right after, and she steeled herself. He was awake, and on his way. She smirked, took her drink and nibbles, and wandered, flitting between family and friends. Slowly making her way to the front of the lavish late-Victorian mansion.

Raul pulled into the grounds of the estate and followed a pretty long driveway deeper through it, passing signs directing him to the valet. Once there, he pulled on a pair of dark sunglasses and handed off his keys as he got out of the car. Humans around him bled their scents, perfumed and sweating- both workers attending to the partygoers, and the guests themselves. He followed the crowd, plucking a glass of red from a tray on his way in, and he traced Bethany's mental trail. Regularly taking her blood and offering small amounts of his own had begun to establish a semi-permanent mental bond, fragile though it was. It had its benefits. He knew where she was and where she'd been in the house this whole time.

He smiled when he sensed her coming toward him. Pausing in the hall, away from most of the guests and the cocktail hour itself, he took a sip of the red. A merlot, he thought. Generic. Something that was available in large quantities and was pleasant, but unable to be special. It went down easily enough.

Wine was not only a pleasure of his; it was a craft.

Raul had been a soldier once. Fighting for a worthy cause, yes, but not always with or for the most honorable of men. These days, he chose what he did and what he believed in, and he'd come to discover the power of a good glass of wine. Thus, he'd purchased himself a couple of vineyards and created wines of all varieties, taking pride in the care of his grapes and their transformation into the most potent potables. For mortal palates and immortal alike. It made him happy.

Shortly, his Rubenesque goddess appeared, interrupting his musing, and he turned all his attention to her.

In no time at all, Raul and Bethany were arm-in-arm, mingling and munching. Though Raul could only eat a small number of "human" foods (raw/rare meats and fruit), he indulged a few nibbles here and there.

"We can 'eat' anything, but our systems would not process a steady diet of regular food," he told her, sampling an assortment of cut fruits. "Even the occasional mouthful of candy can cause us an obnoxious stomachache, and we don't glean any nutrition from it anyway."

"But you can drink anything you want?" She asked jokingly, thinking No candy? One strike against vampirism... Raul chortled.

"Oh yes, we can drink or... imbibe anything we like." As he'd mentioned before, anything a normal person would find intoxicating (or otherwise get you 'high') tended not to hit them as much, particularly if they did not want it to.

"Interesting," Bethany replied ponderously. Though the pair were friendly and outgoing with the other guests and bridal party, largely they spent the night enjoying themselves and just talking about everything. Cocktail hour went by with a great deal of food and booze, and then Bethany had to split off for the ballroom introductions.

After the first dance, seating, speeches and the first course, Raul invited his lover to the dance floor. A sweet love ballad played while guests finished their salads, and some couples swayed together easily.

"So, love, is this the kind of life you want...?" The handsome nightwalker asked her, gesturing at the party.

12