All Comments on 'Love in 2065'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

A good story with a very interesting hypothesis on future developments. One assumes that they can have children otherwise he'll quickly find out that she's a humanoid. What are the effects of a vastly increased population as presumably the minds in the humanoids are around for centuries, just keep moving to a newer body. An interesting premise and I enjoyed it although the ending could have been longer; it seemed a little rushed.

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

Mmm...premise seems a bit unique to me, although it crosses a bit of Bladerunner with "What Are Little Girls Made of" from ST:TOS Interesting twist that the "sex" is basically perfect but the bodies have tells. Jesse hides these well and I like Brian just talking with her, trying to get to know her: sounds like you made a few digs at modern society, where men nor women (in larger numbers) are not trying to really get to know each other, but just "hook up"--yet expecting anything from "the spark" to "fireworks" although it's only based on sex; I love how you employed that meta-level. LOVE how you encase the irony and obfuscate it.

That said, 4 things really bother me about this particular offering: 1) She stipulates him moving to ATL (and provides him a bonus), which feels like she buys his affections; these items 2) create a kind of conflict of interest or even a nepotistic leaning, that someone could discover upon researching a little bit--especially in this highly computerized/digitized environment and 3) what she plans to spring on him **should** end the relationship; 4) the ending feels super-rushed, this one is noticeably shorter than other publications, and it cavalierly assumes a happy ending/that Brian will blithely accept this...but after she entraps him. About any guy I know would feel very used, get very pissed and then run like hell at the first chance.

As much as I love your stories, I'm never "blindly loyal" nor rate 4-5 automatically. Normally your writing accounts for most situations and addresses them; this one did not and surprised me by assuming several things--in fact, a lawyer would object to the ending by stating "facts not in evidence," and that's true (sadly). Best I can rate once accounting for all this is 3.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not quite the ending I was expecting.

I was expecting her to be artificial, but that the lesson would be him realising the problem wasn’t the artificial body but the shallow meaningless relationships; when what he actually wanted was love and a real connection, which he could get with the right person regardless of what body type they had.

Having both characters keep their irrational hatred of the Android bodies all the way to the end was an interesting choice.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
Very nice

Your range in writing amazing. From police noir to sci-fi. Do consider continuing with the Julay series.

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

One of the marks of a great writer is the ability to piss the reader off. What I just read was a very well put together story. But I did not like the story line

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Agreed with last comment. Written very well, but I didn't like this at all. She is a hypocrit and a liar. She IS an android, aside from "oh please make my android body not perfect" idiotic request. And starting "love" and "marriage" with hiding that fact FOR WHOLE LIFE, deliberately, is basically betraying him. His entire life and marriage will be a lie.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u10 months ago

Well that was different from what I would consider to be your normal stories. I hold the same view as Brian. I would not want to even live in that artificial world. From your description it sounds like narcissistic A types are the ones who relish this kind of "living". It is controversially relevant though as we rush towards all this AI bs and digital lives. We have seen the personal interaction losing out to self serve checkouts, people with their heads up their phone, phrase used intentionally.

Maybe this serves as a wake up call to those with their heads in the cloud :)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As it seems is always true with Ronde:

Clever plot with a twist.

Loveable characters with depth

And for Romance, and this ultimately is Romance, quite the pull on the readers emotions.

The Hoary Cleric

egb3rtegb3rt6 months ago

Pleasant story but I suspect "cyborg" rather than "android" would be a more accurate term to describe them.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

so? She has no VIN#?

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

i have looked into the future and it is now.bbThere is a prescience in your fiction that beggars belief.. loved this story. human as android. Android as human. A beautifully cracted confection

of a most febrile mind. Thanks from this reader, at least.

Richard1940Richard19403 months ago

I envy you your imagination. Great work, thank you.

Peapod41 another fail, a couple of surplus "b"s floating about. You thinking of becoming an apiarist?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...