All Comments on 'Love in the Age of Chemicals Ch. 03'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
gravyruggravyrugabout 8 years ago
Lovely, but infuriating

Much like your main character, this story is highly interesting, yet exasperating in its unwillingness to let us know background. Well done keeping the tension going without driving me away from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice

This is a really nice story. Thank you.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10about 8 years ago
This story...

is phenomenal. There is no other word for it. 5 stars again!!!

neosamneosamabout 8 years ago
Hey !

Wish u continue it one go !!

I mean if i am not very impolite by asking this favor

Thanks again for this beautiful story

5 Starred !! since there is nothing more than it

-Neo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loving It

An amazingly good story. Really love your work. 5 well deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
the main character.... GRRRRRR

Loving the story, but keep waiting for Deke to MTFU!

It is truly frustrating and all I can say is that Miranda is a saint.

MaximguyMaximguyabout 8 years ago
Fantastic!

I admit there's a fine line between the cluelessness of our protagonist being interesting versus annoying but you are managing it so far. I guess it helps because I've certainly had professors and coworkers that I truly believe are like this.

That said, I'm enjoying this. Well written, sexy, romantic all in one. And to agree with Anon, Miranda is a saint. But again, she's got her own issues where I think her actions are actually believable. Looking forward to your next chapter.

maddictmaddictabout 8 years ago
Sad really.

Deacon might not have the ability to change, he has some promising moment's thanks to Miranda. She won't stay any longer than necessary, and the saddest thing Derek will notice but just move on. I'm hoping for a breakthrough, or a good whack on the head.

I need to check out another of your stories for something a little warmer.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I'm impressed by how well you present the thought patterns of autism. I'm more self-aware than Deke, and much better at contextual clues, but his uncertainty and frustration with himself are very real to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
For people criticizing Deke

You need to understand, this isn't a case of simply being clueless, the guy clearly has some form of autism. If you can't grasp that, think of Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy when he responded about metaphors going over his head.

"Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast. I would catch it."

Because he is a functional autistic, he is not going to relate the same way to things as you or I would. He might be able to adapt slightly, but he will always be like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Why he sees her sooner than he thought

I think they put the house back to the way it was but forgot to have him take off his wedding ring.

Dead giveaway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A Spergy Romance

An interesting tale of "Love on the Spectrum." It would be the cruelest of LW tales for the female protagonist to use Deke for physical affection, tuition, and free board, only to take up with a fellow undergraduate.

Here's to hoping our author has a heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

More..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another great story!

I love your writing style and cannot wait for the rest of your story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
"Loving" it (or chemically induced to enjoy) ;)

This is awesome - I keep seeing Sheldon from the Big Bang, which makes this story even more realistic. Can't wait for Ch. 4!!!

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
I have yet to figure out

what is likeable, let alone loveable about him.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqriover 7 years ago
lovable

@rightbank...

The idea that most of us would never find a person of Deacon's type lovable,rathwr than pathetic, or lost, or hopeless etc. is what makes this story a true romance! The fact that this character is such a brilliant scientific brain, yet so inept, is part of the charm in this tale!

@nageren,

you, friend, are just brilliant spinning this tale! This is the best romance tale I've read in two years of reading on this site!

Keep the style and wit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love this story...

I'm a big fan of the Ginaverse, part of it is hot sex, sure, but it's how broken people find redemption that interests me more. What makes this story so appealing to me is that I'm so Deke-like. Seeing him navigate a world he doesn't understand is painful. Yet, with Miranda, he navigates, painfully.

davyupdavyupover 5 years ago
What can you say

The only reason I continue reading this story is because of Miranda. It just blows my mind that she stays with “puppy.” Just when I think there might be hope for puppy boy, he fucking turns down a blow job! Un-fucking believable...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@davyup

If you find that unbelievable, I'm sorry to say you haven't understood a word of his story or personality so far...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
agh!

Part two you made headway now you kicked him back into the pit of insanity. Really it does not work that way. Are you sure you're not into BDSM of the written kind!

Hee hee

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

Deke is so clearly written as autistic, the author clearly has some experience of dealing with those like that and although a lot of the quirks are somewhat exagerated for most of us that are Aspergers, there are people just like Deke out there in the world and if you accept them for the way their brain is wired and do not expect them to conform to your idea of "normal" you will find them amazing and wonderful people.

I myself have suffered the kind of issues displayed in here, just not as bad. But it is perfectly possible for someone to be Aspergers and also dominant and feel incredibly conflicted and guilty about it. I found out what a true dominant was and realised I was one in my mid to late 30's. Before that I was hopeless around women, after I realised, things suddenly made sense. I also had no idea about Aspergers till I was diagnosed at age 44 when my son was diagnosed.

This story is possibly so far one of the most realistic portrayals I've seen of the kinds of issues a neuro typical normal person might have trying to have a relationship with a person who is seriously Aspie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In response to the comment "you made headway now you kicked him back into the pit of insanity. Really it does not work that way.": Actually, it really DOES work that way. It isn't pleasant, fun, or logical, but cycles of progression and regression are a real thing, and that's true for everyone, regardless of whether or not they are on the autism spectrum, have any other sort of mental/behavioral health issue, or ... whatever other distinguishing feature you may choose. I know this from personal experience, and I've been assured by mental health professionals and peers alike that such cycles are the rule, not the exception.

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr8 months ago

Jesus. Okay this is where I stop. MC gets even more autistic as it goes on. Not like autism can be cured but jesus you can learn to fake social interaction. There is no realistic universe where Miranda falls in love with this loser.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...

SIMILAR Stories