All Comments on 'Love in the Age of Chemicals Ch. 05'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
there is hope

for the next 17 months.

and beyond.

maddictmaddictabout 8 years ago
A late winters day.

Things are heating up, Derek is to. Nice story more hopeful now. Miranda is wonderful. She's like any woman asking for more conversation, I can't say I've never heard that before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
OMG

Best shower sex scene EVER!

Gave me chills.

CatsEye4477CatsEye4477about 8 years ago
Autism Awareness

Today April 2nd happens to be World Autism Awareness Day. Maybe it's just a coincidence that this story is being submitted at this time, but if so it's a lovely one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Love THIS!

What I hate is you have two chapters left, enough time for Deacon to mess everything up completely. Having enough social anxiety of my own I know two chapters is more than enough time. I'm already anxious for him knowing you are a good enough writer to take this wherever it's going. That's the way in the Ginaverse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

love it

redlion75redlion75about 8 years ago

i for 1 am hoping they can actually stick together for the ever after thing.she seems to be good for him and he seems to be coming around to her more each day.

nagerennagerenabout 8 years agoAuthor
@CatsEye4477

I noticed the timing after I had started posting the series. I tried to time things so that the final chapter would release today, but some chapters got held up. Hopefully chapters 6 and 7 will be released tomorrow!

TestSubject001TestSubject001about 8 years ago
Don't do the obvious that everyone else seems to do.

Don't have Miranda move out and then decide they are made for each other. It's so predictable for these types of stories and it would be nice to be kind of surprised.

Excellent 5*. BBT story but a little more real and not as cringeworthy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
amazing

Absolutely love it and I really enjoy reading this! It's so cute and I can't stop smiling :')

StoneBasherStoneBasherabout 8 years ago
I love your story

I actually feel like this story is a work of genius, far better than I would ever have hoped for. Presenting it from the the point of view of a man who doesn't truly know how to read human emotions and yet still making me feel deeply for the characters takes real talent. The writing itself is marvelously crafted and remarkably error free. You have the skills to make me forget about MY expectations and wants for the characters and just go along for the ride. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow

"Then an odd thought occurred to me: this wasn't just somebody else; this was Miranda. In my thoughts there had always been two categories of people - myself, and other people. But at some point in the past few months, a new category had been forming. Now, when I considered the world, there was myself, there was Miranda, and then there were other people."

Honestly, I cried. Just brilliant writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful

My adult son is as aspergers/autistic, but unfortunately can't seem to find a job. Not all of these people have a special ability or skill such as Deke has. He too needs a Miranda, I suspect there are few out there like her. One note: it is prohibited on many campuses in the U.S., and is certainly bad form for professors to have a sexual relationship with any student. Otherwise, your story is good.

WatcherRobWatcherRobabout 8 years ago
First read in series

This was the first story in this series to read so I was confused a lot. The intimate scenes were wonderful. I was curious about the "chemicals" part of the title. Expected performance enhancers but obviously not the case.

Nicely done. Will look for more parts of the series.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999about 8 years ago
I'm really regretting reading these faster than you can write

So wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you

I really don't comment a lot but this is good, and heartwarming, ty from Norway

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 7 years ago
Frustration

I finally recognized one of the things frustrating me about this story.

The idea that Deacon should adjust his behavior to conform to other people's expectations. Having ADHD I'm constantly bombarded with society's expectations and how there is something wrong with me, I'm somehow bad, because I don't always fit in well.

Differences like the ones that people diagnosed with autism or ADHD aren't defects. They're just differences. Those differences often allow insight and perceptions that 'normal' people aren't going to have. They can allow the different to do and achieve things easily, that are hard for 'normal' people. Not every difference can be harnessed and not everyone who is different will be able to take advantage of their difference, but forcing them to try and fit in with 'normal' is doing everyone a disservice.

ScreamingEagle101ScreamingEagle101almost 7 years ago
Re: GoesGrunt

I don't think that your interpretation was the intent behind the story. Miranda is not trying to "change" Deacon. She is trying to educate him on a world he doesn't understand. I compare it to someone who learns Arabic from Rosetta Stone and then moves to the Middle East. Just because you know the language doesn't mean you understand the culture. Deacon may be perfectly able to speak English, but he has little to no understanding of all the cultural and emotional nuances behind the words. Miranda is trying to be his interpreter, and also his "native guide". She is not doing it to change him so that the world doesn't have to adapt to his oddness, she is doing it so that he can better live in a world full of things he doesn't understand.

bliss_maebliss_maealmost 7 years ago
Creaming eagle

What a super clear explanation. I also agree that society,some humans, are not comfortable until every person who is not neurotypical has a label highlighting their differences. One of my favourite things about people is when they are different than me. I'm emotionally intelligent and highly empathic but in my job I investigate, which is a rather structured process. I have had to incorporate new ways of thinking critically in order to use my uniqueness in my work. So, I guess I have had to learn to be and think in ways that aren't me. I just insisted that I could do this and still be me at the same time.

I don't think this was nearly as clear lol!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Brilliant moments

- all of them, actually, including the shower scene and realizing that Miranda is not just everyone else--but one of my favorite moments in the whole series occurs when Miranda hoots, "Who... knew..." that Deke's favorite position for sex would be full and frontal intimacy. That is just sheer brilliance in writing.

JazedzedJazedzedover 4 years ago
Joy

This is one of my favorite chapters of the whole story -- sex as an expression of pure joy, love, and contentment.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Thank you for the best laugh I have had in years!

The meeting about alleged sexual misconduct was priceless. I don't laugh or smile much because the last 7 years have been difficult.

The scene in the meeting room where they were asking questions about his encounter with the female student an his description of events, plus the some of the committee trying constrain their laughter was a bit too much. I actually burst laughing.

It was a great scene and would have been great in a movie. Used to watch Boston Legal and the series had a brilliant lawyer the has Asperger syndrome. Of course it was used as comedy but actually it was quite serious condition that was played quite well by the actor. Thanks for the laugh, I needed that! Keep writing.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

A lot of people do not understand the communication issues those who are ASD have, I cannot speak for those who have other types of ASD, but as an Aspie I heard a brilliant way of describing the issue.

"We are having a conversation, we both think we are speaking the same language, except we aren't, now imagine the potential for misunderstanding.

This stems from the fact that for normal people only about 10% of what you mean is the words you speak and the other 90% is tone, body language, cadence etc. For an Aspie about 90% is the actual words used and only 10% is tone etc.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...