All Comments on 'Love in the Cross Hairs Ch. 02'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Oh man!!!

Shit. Now I'm going to be dying for the next part! Brilliant story, by the way. Now, HURRY!!! I need more NOW!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Looking forward to the next chapter.

Love your use of irony. Excellent story, held my interest. I will try to use as much patience as I can awaiting the next chapter.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Fascinating!

Fascinating tale. Unpredictable, for the most part (although I did wonder if there was going to be a "pregnancy issue" involved). Please! Chapter #03, as soon as you can.

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Very nice

Very nice story! Please continue it soon! I really want to see how it all comes together.

lawrenclawrencover 12 years ago
Let the Future be Brighter

Please allow them to reunite.

catman71catman71over 12 years ago
hmm

i hope sally gets her head handed to her( i think she is insecure about Laurie and it shows , and i hope peter can take the blue bloods run cold

luther78luther78over 12 years ago
Coooooollldddd Bllooooooodddeedd!

That was said in my Dave Chappelle voice. You end the darned story right when they make contact again. I am like the guy in the previous comment. Now I am going to be checking the website everyday to see if you wrote the 3rd part. Carvohi you are cold blooded man! Get part 3 put there pronto! Of course it goes without saying GREAT story man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dude...

If I just wasted 3 hours to read this story and it doesn't get finished I'm going to find you carvohi... Cause it's a good story that needs a proper ending, no cliff- hangers like you just pulled. Finish plz

frankiejohnnyfrankiejohnnyover 12 years ago
Constructive Criticism

I’m enjoying your story so far, but it does need some work. Your descriptions can be too lengthy when not part of the actual plot. (descriptions of the town, troubles with the job, etc). Be descriptive, but learn to edit some. Also keep in mind your time line needs to flow... Thanksgiving weekend you jump from Thursday to monday, back to thursday, then monday again, and finally back to sunday. You're all over the place. Lastly, you contradict yourself frequently. In this chapter it's a diamond ring, but in ch. 1 it was a ruby... the Dad, Carroll, defends Peter, and helps his girl, but in Ch. 1 he is the one that turns the mom against peter, and sides with Sally. Why did he come around?... Lastly, you say Laurie tells all her friends about Peter, since he’s all she can think about, but then later they have to pump her for info at Norris’s for info about the baby’s father, who he is, etc. It is confusing. Otherwise, good job, I really am enjoying the story, but thought you could use the constructive criticism to get better. Please keep writing.

potsherdpotsherdover 10 years ago
beautifully expressed

..."but it had that special kind of charm older sections, neighborhoods in the late stages of existence, held. It had that nostalgic grace only a slowly dying once rural community could have. "

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Thoughts

“he blames members of your family for his failure.”

Laurie doesn’t know anything about Peter’s history with her family, why doesn’t she question this?

She said she wasn’t very good at her job? Then what’s with all the overtime and stuff? I find it hard to believe it was because she wasn’t good.

Why does Max keep saying he made him promise when he didn’t?

"I'd like to tell you. I just don't think I have the right to get mixed up in this."

You’re ALREADY mixed up in it! You weren’t hesitant to dig up Laurie’s past and show it to Peter!

If Peter is going to be starting a business, at SOME point he’s going to have to have SOMETHING on the Internet, even if it’s just a Yellow Pages type listing.

“he wondered if he hadn't just screwed up everything.”

Well, since she’s miserable without him, and is trying to find him, he obviously HASN’T screwed up everything!

They were both at Norris’s, how did they not see each other?

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHEN PURGATORY ENDS

for each individual the dawning is tragic. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Slow

This is still a nice story, but it really bogged down this chapter. Too much irrelevant detail.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Lots of missing each other... Couldn't her Dad hire a PI to find him???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don’t read this series. The four chapters were written In 2011-2012 and are all potential 5*. BUT, I give them 1* because the author leaves all the story threads hanging loose at the end of chapter 4. He closes with this empty promise:

“Of course this is not the end, but I'll tell you what it is, or was. This was roughly where I left off before Christmas. Regrettably I started to experience writer's block. You see I really like Peter and Laurie. I just can't seem to let them go. They are such a happy loving couple; ideally suited to be together. However, there will be many more twists and turns. I hope you'll stay with us. See you in two weeks!

You can vote if you want. Better still! Tell me what you think might happen”

Reminds me of a recent broken promise - two weeks to flatten the curve.

RcktScntst

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous