Love in the Eye of the Storm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

.***.***.***.

Jam

.***.***.***.

.

I BADLY WANTED TO BE HERE WITH HER LAST NIGHT. But a quick trip to New York for a money exchange was a priority. I could have sent Joey and have at times, but I prefer to do the significant transactions myself.

I thought about Wren on the drive, wishing she could make the trip with me sometime. But it was too dangerous. This wasn't a vacation trip. This was the heart of my business, which involved cash. And a lot of it. I wouldn't put her in danger like that.

Dad wanted me to stay in New York, but I told him I needed to return.

"What's so important that you can't spend a day with your old man? ​Mi manchi, figlio."

Dad was stocky, and I knew I'd end up like him if I didn't care for myself and work out.

He came over from Italy and still had a thick accent because he spoke to what he called my boys in Italian. I was born in the States and could speak fluent Italian, but I made him talk to me in English.

I toed the ground. No matter how old I got, he could still make me feel like I was facing the firing squad.

"I just need to get back. Joey has some real estate transactions going and..." I shrugged. "I just need to get back."

He looked hard at me. I squirmed like a pinned bug. "A woman," he said, grinning and clapping my shoulder. "You have a woman. Finally! Is she Italia?!"

I shook my head and he frowned. "​Figlio, sai che avrei desiderato che tu trovassi una brava ragazza di campagna."

"I know you want me to find an Italian, but she's not my girl yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves."

I loaded up the dirty money and got back on the road.

Not my girl, my ass, I thought. It was going to happen. I'd make it work somehow.

.

I EASILY JUMPED THE RAILING TO HER BALCONY. I watched her for a while. That little white tank top that couldn't harness those luscious breasts. Her jasmine scent drifted out, and I felt myself hardening.

The rain started like a mist, and I stepped inside. The wind picked up, and I caught the doors just in time to get them closed against the weather.

I knew she was frightened when she saw me, but I couldn't help but be pissed that she had left her doors open like that.

She was so wary of me that I wondered why she feared men. I'd done nothing to cause it, but she picked up on any thread. She was fragile, and I knew I had to moderate every step. Something foreign to me.

Pulling her soft body to mine, her womanly scent, the drift of jasmine, nearly did me in. But I knew I had to earn her trust.

I jerked awake, not remembering where I was for a moment. I reached for my gun but remembered I had kept it out of sight. It was dark, and my ears were tuned. Then I noticed she was gone. I could feel the apartment was empty.

It was a short walk to her bakery, and as soon as I rounded the corner, the bright lights threw their welcoming beam out the windows.

I opened the door to her giggling with a customer, her cheeks were rosy from the oven heat, and her eyes twinkled. Until she looked over his shoulder and saw me, her face flushed red, and she nervously folded the top of the bag.

I walked up and stood next to the guy. Close enough, our arms touched. He looked at me, a little startled, before glancing at Wren.

I saw her nod at him out of the corner of my eye. He grabbed the bag and hurried out the door like a frightened little girl.

"You scared him, you big bully," she said, returning to the kitchen.

"You were flirting with him!"

"I was not! We went to school together, for god's sake," she huffed, her feathers totally ruffled. "Don't pull your big mobster thing again, Mr. Stabbyman."

Big mobster thing? Mr. Stabbyman? I suppressed a laugh.

"You left without telling me."

"You were sleeping! Some people work." She rolled her eyes.

"Number three," I said menacingly, following her into the kitchen.

She poured two mugs of coffee.

"I assume you drink it black?" she smirked before sipping.

I shook my head. "You're enjoying poking me way too much, little girl."

"Do you ever take your suit jacket off?"

"Why should I? I'm comfortable."

She raised her eyebrows. "Okay then."

The bell on the door tinkled, and she went out to the store. I looked out to see a younger guy picking up a large order. He was too rushed to flirt with her, so I stayed in the back.

As the customers came and went, I realized she had a good business here. A neighborhood treat. And she's doing it all on her own. And it's legit, I thought wryly.

"I'm going home to work out and get some things done. I'll be back."

She leaned her hip against the worktable and studied me.

"Why?"

"Why what? Come back?"

She crossed her arms across her chest. "Yes. Why come back? What's your interest in me? I mean, look at you. You have your choice of any woman in the city."

"What if there's only one woman in this city that I'm interested in? Is it so difficult to believe I want to spend time with you?"

"Yeah, it is. I have issues. Baggage. I eat too much of my own bread. I don't have friends other than my customers. I don't go anywhere or do anything. Basically, I'm boring." She shrugged.

"Okay, let's do this. Issues. I guess you're referring to sex. I have no problem waiting until you're ready. And even then, we'll take it slow and easy. I don't mean to scare you, sweetheart. Or make you nervous and anxious." I stopped a moment to gauge how much she was listening and believing. "And the rest of it? Pffftttt. Means nothing to me. Nonissues."

Her face softened, and she quit tapping her foot.

I slid off the stool and stood in front of her. "Wren, I'm attracted to you. You felt it last night, I know. And I know you're captivated by me," I said, smiling. She pinched her lips but finally had to laugh. "Are you going for number four?"

"I'll surprise you," she smiled. She trailed her fingers down the front of my suit jacket. "I've always wanted to feel the fabric... Oh my god!" she squealed.

She ran over to the sink and ran the corner of a towel under the water. I looked down and saw light streaks of flour from her fingers.

"Wren..." She began to dab at the flour. "Wren, honey. It's fine. It'll go to the dry cleaner with the others."

I took her hand and tossed the towel on the worktable. I pulled her closer and leaned down for a kiss. Her eyes went big, and as I moved closer, they fluttered until they finally closed. I brushed her lips with mine, light as a butterfly.

I had my fingers on the side of her neck, and her pulse was strong. My thumb rubbed her jaw while I teased her mouth. She tipped her head back, grabbed the lapels of my jacket, and pressed her lips closer.

This was not my style. Soft and slow was not me. Any woman I bedded would tell you that. They never left my bed wanting and needy, but I rarely took more than a few times with them before I got bored and moved on.

At my age, people think I should be married with multiple children. Marriage was a fleeting thought for me because of what I do. Children. Never had that Daddy urge and considered them an annoyance.

I pulled back some, and she hung onto my jacket. I had to leave her wanting me. So, she'd be happy to see me again. Wanting to see me again.

"I'm going now, love," I whispered against her lips. She replied with a soft mew that nearly brought me to my knees.

I stepped back, sighed, turned, and walked out the door.

.

.***.***.***.

Wren

.***.***.***.

.

HE'S GOING TO KILL ME. I KNOW IT. He has a way of edging into my life, which I was sure was not his typical style. He was the type to take what he wanted when he wanted. Certainly not used to dealing with a scaredy cat like me. I sighed and went to restock the bread case.

My lips still tingled from his touch. I thought of his hard-walled chest when I grabbed his suit. His care not to scare me or move too fast. His thoughtfulness.

All of that was a formula for a heartbreak disaster. Was it worth it? Damn, I don't even know his name, I thought, frowning. But then I remembered at what point he would tell me his name.

A flush spread through my body and my pussy tingled. When I think about him, I know I trust him enough to let go.

Yet when I'm in his presence, I turn into a pile of mush. I'm not afraid of him. Not in the way he'd hurt me. I know he wouldn't.

What I'm terrified of is my lack of experience. That's when he'd discover the real me and disappear into the darkness, just like he came into my life.

.

"I told you to lock the damn doors!" he boomed, and I nearly fell off the sofa.

I leaned up and peered at him over the back of the sofa.

"Do you know how to operate a doorbell? I can show you. It's easy. You look like a quick learner."

I flopped back on the sofa and continued reading my book. He didn't know the thrill that went through me that he was here. How much I was getting used to him being here, being in my life.

Ignoring me, he said, "I brought food. I hope you didn't eat."

"Do you know how to operate a cell phone? It's easy. I can show you. That's where you call someone and ask if they want something to eat and then if they ask what they want to eat."

He laughed. "My, but you're sassy this evening." He leaned over the back and kissed me. "I like that. I've had a long day."

"Oh? You work?"

"Don't press your luck, my little Wren." He walked into the kitchen and said, "I bought wine since it appeared you drained the bottle you had."

I swung my legs down and padded to the kitchen. I hadn't altered my standard after-shower attire of an oversized t-shirt and panties and probably wouldn't have even if I had known he'd be here.

"It does smell good," I said, peering into the bags.

"Sit down, and I'll serve. Next time I'll cook so you get some excellent Italian." He pulled foil containers out of the bags. "At my place," he added.

I frowned. "Your place. Where do you even live? I know nothing about you. I don't even know your damn name. I can't believe I let someone I know nothing about into my life. What the hell could I be thinking," I ranted. "I must be out of my-- mmff." He cut me off with a kiss.

"In due time, you'll know everything. And you might not want to know some things about me, but know this-- if nothing else, I'm honest."

He unbuttoned his suit jacket and shrugged it off, carefully hanging it over the back of the kitchen chair.

I looked at him with my mouth hanging open.

"You know this is the most I've seen of you unclothed," she said, amazed. "A pristine white unwrinkled French cuffed shirt with black onyx links. You're fucking perfect."

I felt my face flush. The first time ever in my life. This girl had an effect on me for sure.

"Eat your lasagna," I said, waving her words off. "I'm afraid the garlic bread may not be up to your standards," he said, twirling spaghetti around my fork. She stared at me. "What?"

"I just know there won't be one freaking spot of sauce on that shirt when you're done. Now me wearing white and eating spaghetti? I'd have to wear a disposable shirt." I laughed.

He grinned. "Disposable shirt, hmm, sounds intriguing."

I rolled my eyes.

"That's four." He looked at me intently. "That pretty ass is going to be mighty pink."

I started to roll my eyes at that but caught myself. He laughed knowingly.

"Eat your spaghetti!"

.

.***.***.***.

Jam

.***.***.***.

.

I GOT HOME, WORKED OUT, AND SHOWERED, ALL THE WHILE THINKING ABOUT WREN. Heading out the door, I switched to another mindset.

A small part of my business was loans. Some got paid back promptly, and others needed coercing to hold up their end of the deal.

It was dangerous, and I couldn't afford to let anything distract me, even Wren.

I knocked on the door, and it cracked open, but before he shut it, my foot was in.

"Louie, Louie, you act like you don't want to see me?" I said with a menacing smile, shoving the door open and pushing him back.

"Hey, Jam. I don't got the money today. Sorry man." His voice cracked with nerves, and beads of sweat popped out on his forehead.

"Awh yeah, Louie, I'm sorry too," I sympathized. "I mean, you know you had a payment, right? You're a responsible kinda guy, right?" With each word, I backed him across his filthy apartment while he tripped and nearly fell, walking backward.

"I know, I know. Time got away from me... I don't gots it, man," he said, puffing his chest like a rooster. Thinking he just found some balls to stand up to me.

A big surprise to him was that I found his balls and discovered how tiny they were in my grip.

"I don't gots it, Jam," he whimpered as though that was all there was to it. "Ow goddamit," he shrieked when I twisted.

"When the fuck do you plan on having it? Because you missed this payment, you'll need to double it by next week," I grated, my face in his. Sweat trickled down his grimy face, leaving streaks of clean skin.

He couldn't see it but heard the switchblade snap open and felt the point on his neck, right over his artery. I drew it up and across his jaw until the point was right under his chin. He raised his head until it bumped against the wall behind him. He couldn't escape it.

"Yeah yeah, I can do that. You'll have it then. I promise," he begged through clenched teeth, knowing that if he opened his mouth too wide, the point of the switchblade would slip up and out right under his tongue.

I gave his nuts a good squeeze and twist and backed off, leaving him bent over, blood oozing tiny droplets from the line I drew across his jaw.

I picked my way back across his apartment and walked out the door.

I jumped in my Lexus, pulling hand sanitizer and wipes out of the console. After I wiped the soles of my shoes, another to wipe the blood off the blade, I sanitized my hands. I tossed everything in a bag and sealed it, disgusted that anyone would live that way.

Louie wasn't a bad guy, really. He got in a jam and needed help. That was where I came in.

Jam. Because I either get them out of one or put them in one.

Two more stops to collect. One had the money, which made me happy because I believed in him. He came through. The next stop got messy because this was the second time he didn't have my money. He'd have time with his legs in traction to figure out how to get me that money.

I had the Lexus washed and drove toward my penthouse. I felt dirty, something that was unfamiliar to me. I wouldn't go to Wren until I washed the filth off me and did a mental exorcism.

.

Later when I pulled up in front of her apartment, I noticed the doors were closed. I set the bag of food on the balcony and jumped the railing. When I tried the knob, the door swung open.

I was sorry I frightened her, but I was attempting to show her how dangerous it was to leave her door unlocked.

She was lippy, and I loved the distraction from the day. My little Wren was not a pushover, which was vital if she was in a relationship with me.

We ate, and I leaned her back on my chest while she read. "The Mob's Mark? Really?" She waved off my opinion of her reading material and returned to the story.

I tried to watch a movie, but her jasmine scent drifted, and her hair was soft against my cheek was distracting. My arm was around her, my hand on her midriff.

I was in no hurry to seduce her. We had our whole lives.

That the thought even popped into my mind was shocking. I never made long-term plans with a woman. Weekend to weekend was a stretch for me.

The book fell back on her chest. Her breathing was soft and even. She was asleep in my arms. The movie ended, and I loathe to wake her up, but I had no intention of leaving tonight.

"Wren love, it's time to go to bed," I said softly.

"Mmm," she moaned, snuggling against me.

Oh, man. I can be a gentleman, but she's making it challenging.

"C'mon, love, get up, and let's go to bed."

She sat up. Groggy, I led her to her bed. She sat down, swung her legs in, and tucked her hands under her cheek. I left the room to double-check the doors.

"Hey you, Hey, where are you going?" she said, giggling. "I called you Hey because I don't know your name."

I was stripped down to my silk boxers and slipped into bed behind her, pulling her against me. She pushed her ass against my hardening cock, and I stifled a moan.

She pulled my arm over her, placing my hand directly under her breasts, my thumb in the crease. She made a little mew, and I rubbed my thumb back and forth on the underside.

She began to squirm, creating more pressure against my cock. I knew I wasn't going to jump on her, but it seemed she was needy, and I planned on taking care of that for her.

My right arm was around her, my other arm trapped under her neck. As I stroked the underside of her breast, I circled closer to her nipple. As I did, she arched, wanting more.

One thing I've wanted to do since I met her was get my hands on those succulent breasts. They were a D cup, at least, balancing out the rest of her seductive curves.

I teased her nipple through the thin knit, bringing tiny little gasps and mews from her. It grew long and hard, pushing through the fabric. She put her hand over mine and moved it to cover her breast. She squeezed my hand, and I kneaded and massaged her breast.

She moaned and arched, pushing her tit out. I slipped my hand under her shirt to feel her soft and fiery hot skin. She pulled her shirt up, baring her breasts.

Oh, I so wanted to roll her back and latch onto those hard nipples, but I knew I couldn't afford to go too fast. Not yet.

I moved my arm under her and could now reach her tits with both hands. She also rolled back towards me. Her ass ground into my cock, but I had much better access to her.

I trailed my fingers down her stomach to the edge of her bikini panties. They were soft cotton, and I loved them—such a difference from the silk and lace French lingerie girls that usually shared my bed.

She began to squirm more and softly panted. I moved my hand between her legs over her panties. They were soaked with her juices. I wanted to lick and smell my fingers but couldn't stop. I was on a mission for my Wren.

I applied pressure on her sweet cotton-covered pussy. She began to pant harder, her breast pushing into my hand.

Easing inside her panties, I found a neatly trimmed tuft and smooth lips. Those soft, swollen plump lips were slick with her juices. I trailed my finger through the silky slit.

She moaned and pushed her panties down, spreading her legs for me. I claimed victory at that.

The tiny bud clit was hard. Her body jerked at my light touch. I kissed her neck, soothing her. There were so many other things I wanted to do to her, with her, right now. But this time was for her. We had plenty of time together.

I flicked her clit, and she shuddered, whimpered, and mewed through waves of orgasm. She gripped my arm tightly, her nails digging into my skin. I loved every second of it.

"Jam. My name is Jam, love," I whispered in her ear.

"Oh my god, my god, Jam," she moaned, rolling into a body-shuddering orgasm.

Ahhhh, hearing her moan my name when she was cumming almost made me cum right then.

She went limp in my arms. Her chest heaved while she caught her breath. Then I heard a sniff.

"Wren, are you crying?" I heard a muffled no, a snotty sniff, and an embarrassed groan. "It's okay to cry. Sometimes it's just that intense."

I hugged her against me.

"But what about you?" she said, sniffing.

"Me?" I thought for a moment. "Oh! I'm a big boy. I can take a day of blue balls," I chuckled.

"Is that really true? Blue?" she asked, and I laughed.

"Nah, just something guys made up so girls would feel sorry for them. It can be uncomfortable, but we manage to live." Besides, you'll have the rest of our lives together to make it up to me.