Love Is a Drug Ch. 01 Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a moment the chilled air caught up with him and he was suddenly freezing cold. He nodded, swallowed and reluctantly climbed onto the cool bed, shivering uncontrollably with his belongings flat next to him. He laid back, blinking, feeling a taste of something that could have been death. His breath quivered as Andy covered him with a dark green sheet, the smell so putrefying that it almost made him choke and retch.

"Stop moving," he moaned.

Theo pulled back the sheet and frowned severely at him. "You wanna swap, cos this ain't much fun for me?" He barked quietly.

"Don't be stupid, they'd recognize you." Andy covered him again. "Now shut up, be dead!"

A faint mumble of griping came from under the cover. As Andy pushed it forward he bumped into the flimsy double doors and Theo let out a yelp.

"Fuck sake, shut up!"

The face appeared again, the same unimpressed scowl on his face. "Fucking be gentle then you idiot. I have been shot, remember!"

"Oh sorry," He guffawed, throwing the sheet back and moving on.

The difference in temperature told him he was back in the main part of the hospital. The voices of people surrounded him, and he tried so hard not to moan as the bumps jolted him and made his wound throb. He squeezed his eyes together, holding his breath and keeping dead still.

Andy casually moved through the hospital, any passing person taking him to be an ordinary doctor. He turned a corner and stopped sharply as he saw the young blonde nurse talking to two policemen.

"Shit!" He cursed quietly, turning around, stopping as he came to a dead end. He looked down at the man under the sheet, asking in a whisper if he was ok. A low groan indicated he was. The coppers passed and he took the opportunity to dash down another corridor, soon finding a fire exit.

"Perfect," he said as he wheeled him towards it, but there was a flight of steps next to it and a senior doctor was now walking nearby, followed by two different policemen. Andy stopped, his heart leaping in his throat. The men in blue came closer, cold sweat sheened his brow and his pulse raced at top speed. Finally they were close, and panic hit him like a bucket of water as one peered at him, and then at the covered form. Andy prayed Theo wouldn't sneeze, cough or move. Time stood still as he swallowed hard.

"What are you doing Doctor Randi?" The silver haired surgan asked. Oh great an Indian doctor's uniform and he was no way near looking Asian.

Andy glanced down, seeing the name badge on his breast. "Oh I'm new here, and seems I got another doctors coat," he grinned in a silly way. "I was asked to take this body to the morgue," he swallowed again, his face blushing till his cheeks burned. And swore he heard a small snigger from the body.

"That way, Doctor," he pointed to the left down the corridor they had come from. The policemen took off their hats out of respect.

"Oh thanks so much," he beamed, turning around and heading the way they had come, only to stop and watch them disappear around the corner, hearing the medic-man shout out to tell him to find his correct badged over-coat as he did. He pulled off the sheet and Theo shot up with the signal to go! Both men spun around the opposite way and headed out into the fresh air.

Now outside, Andy got out his phone and called his reliable cab driver, who pulled up outside the back of maternity as requested. They climbed in and now were safely driving far away from the building.

Theo blew air from his mouth, holding his chest. Now he could complain vocally. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, it hurts," he groaned, bending forward.

"I'm sorry, here."

From his pocket Andy pulled out the box that had been sitting by his bed; the pills the young nurse had brought in.

"You stole the morphine?"

"Yeah well, you need it don't ya?"

Theo cried out as they drove over a pot hole in the road. "Fuck! Yeah give it to me." He snatched them from his hands and swallowed two tablets, dry.

"Careful, she said it was addictive," Andy chuckled, earning a light frown from his friend.

"Yeah, who needs coke when you got morphine," He joshed back.

"Oh, Greenwich please, Joe," he instructed as the driver was about to head north.

"What? Not going home, but..?"

"I have to keep you safe Theo."

"But what about Cal?"

"He can handle himself, I'll call him ok?"

Saddened he wanted to see him, hear his voice, to have him to comfort him.

He missed him more than he ever had in his life, the pain greater than a hole in his chest.

* * *

It was 11pm, and Calvin was starting to worry about the whereabouts of Andy and his boyfriend. Well, more so Theo, he didn't really give a flying fuck about Andy right now. He had called but the phones just kept ringing or were engaged. "Argh where are you?" He growled as he tried again and finally got through to Andrew.

"Cal?" His voice sounded like he was in an enclosed space.

"Where the fuck are you?" running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"On the way to my place."

"Where's Theo? What have you done with him?! You so much as..."

"...Listen to me Vin!" Andy practically yelled to shut him up. "Theo... he has been shot but don't worry he's ok. He's with me now, we just got back from the hospital."

He was bouncing in the seat next to him, eager to speak to his lover, and pretty high on a double dose of meds.

"Shot...?" Cal started slowly, dropping down onto the sofa in shock.

"Yes."

"But how? What the... what the fuck? Typical of you Andy, I can't leave you together for five minutes can I. This is the last straw."

"No I saved him this time. If I hadn't called his name he would have been... look, don't blame me for this, you knew he was in danger."

"Well give Andrew-Robert-Standley a fucking medal," he jeered, standing again and drinking down a large whiskey.

"May I talk to him please? Or have you elected yourself as his personal bodyguard?"

"Don't be so bloody raucous! If it weren't for you walking out he wouldn't have had to run out in the streets in the first place."

"Maybe if you hadn't gotten your filthy, perverted paws on him I wouldn't..." He cut off hearing his sweet voice in the background.

"Don't fight, please give the phone to me." His pupils were large as he snatched the phone, not able to keep still. "Calv," he almost squeaked, his vocal a higher pitch than his usual tone.

"Theo thank god are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine, we are on our way to Andy's. He saved me from getting killed and we.."

"...Whoa, slow down. Are you stoned?" he chuckled lightly.

"Um, probably, I had morphine, bloody good stuff..."

"...Hey, shush. Listen, just, are-you-ok?" He asked slowly, hoping that he wasn't influenced otherwise by their so-called friend.

"Yes I'm fine, but I miss you."

"I miss you too, I wish you were here, I'm sorry."

"Yeah me too. Hey why don't you come to Andy's?"

At that moment the man snatched back the phone. "Cal, look something has happened, I need to take him to safety. The police were crawling all over the hospital, possible link to the shooting last week and also the drug entanglement."

"Argh fuck!!" He downed the drink and poured another triple.

"So I think Theo would be safer with me. You stay at the flat."

"Err excuse me, but do I have a say in this?" Cal flipped his fringe.

"If you remember rightly it is 'I' that has to take responsibility for his and your welfare in the business. I advise you to stay put."

"How do I know I can trust you anymore?"

"You just have to, ok?" His voice quietened sincerely as he cut off the call and sighed.

"Is he coming?"

"No, sorry he's better off staying out of it. They don't know him, his face, so he is safer alone. Even if they do, then they will find nothing."

He then stared to text. He told Cal to clear Theo's things. Photos of him, his wallet, papers and any evidence of his existence of living there, just in case he was raided. He sent it and received one back a few moments later with an obedient 'Yes ok.'

He had fallen asleep, his head lolling on Andy's shoulder, wrapped snugly in his jacket. The cab came to a halt and eyes fluttered but he didn't wake up.

"Here." Andy handed Joe a generous amount of money for his loyalty and for being there when he needed him. He also offered a free meal to him and his lovely wife at the restaurant. "Thank you so much, you are a life saver." He said appreciatively, trying to gently shake Theo to wake him.

"Hmmm?" He whimpered at a little push.

"Theo, we are here. Come on sleeping beauty."

"What?" His eyes were heavy but after a few blinks he opened them, his mind having no recollection of what had happed in the last three hours. After focusing he jolted up and gasped, clutching his chest.

"Its ok shhhh, it's ok," Andy said soothingly as he saw the man's face light up in panic.

"Where am I?" He looked around, seeing he was still in the car and somewhere that was nowhere near his home or his Cal.

"Do you remember what happened?" Andy asked, searching his eyes that were skittering around quickly.

"I was shot."

"Yeah that's right." Andy looked around before he opened the door, stepping out into the black, chilly night. "Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"To my house, you remember?"

"I dunno, it's all a blur," Theo rubbed his head.

"It's ok, that will be the drugs."

"I feel sick," then announced as he slid out of the car with a helping hand, almost toppling over as he tried to stand.

"Whoa there, best get you inside and into bed," catching him him as he fell back.

His face suddenly changed; emotionless, swallowing rapidly, his skin turning a little pale in the dim lights that spotted around the house. He ran over to a grassy verge, dropping to his knees, and puked up violently. After he had finished Andy walked over and patted his back. "All out?" He smiled.

"Yeah," he said and stood unsteadily. "Your fault."

"How?" Andy said, taken back.

"For making me ride that dead man's bed." A smirk formed on his lips and the other started to laugh.

"Come on, lets get inside, you are probably freezing." He looked over him still in the hospital bottoms and just a leather jacket that barely covered his body, and nothing on his feet.

Once inside Theo and Andy were greeted by his Border Collie. She jumped and barked excitedly as her Master walked through to the kitchen.

"Ah come on you know Theo Meg," Andy told after she stared to bark at the guest.

"At least she's makes a good guard dog," he smiled groggily, now stroking her shinny black and white coat.

"Oh yeah, she's good, even the postman is scared shitless of her. But she's an old softy really."

He patted his knees and made a fuss of her before letting her out the back door. There was an awkward moment of silence before he turned to see the small frame almost dropping where he stood. "Better sort you out, you look knackered."

"Yeah I am a bit fucked," he admitted, leaning on the worktop of the country kitchen.

"Not surprised, you have had a nasty shock. Here follow me and I'll show you to the guest room."

For once he felt at ease, almost relaxed, as Andy was acting a little more like he should, as a friend, and caring for him as a partner. They reached a room, plain and simple, with a double bed and modern furniture. The colour scheme was pale greens and natural whites. The duvet was plain too with a throw and cushions, and to the left was a small but adequate bathroom with a shower unit.

"There, make yourself at home," Andy fussed walking to the bathroom and opening a small mirrored cabinet over the sink, pulling out a pack of tooth brushes. "What colour do you want?"

"What?"

Andy turned and walked in, holding four different coloured brushes in his hand. "Blue, green, red, or yellow?"

"I don't mind, whichever." 'Was it really necessary?' He maoned in his mind.

"Ok, red then." Andy put the others away and set the red one down next to the toothpaste. "Anything you need should be in the en-suite."

"Thanks Andy," he smiled sweetly.

Their gaze locked for a minute but then Andy averted his eyes. He had done enough damage and didn't want to make it worse.

"Ok, I'm just over in the next room if you need me, you know, needing anything...err..." He stammered with embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck, then sweeping back his hair.

"Yes I know," Theo blinked slowly, shrugging off his jacket with difficulty.

"Here," Andy moved and helped him slip off his jacket, curving it over the dresser chair with his other clothing, before he then pulled back the covers and plumped up the pillows. Theo settled into bed, having the duvet tucked in around him in a motherly fashion.

"Please don't fuss."

A smile crept over Andy's lips as he stood up. "If you need to freshen up then feel free to use the shower, and that may need looking at and changing," pointing to the gauze that was looking a little stained and worn. "I have a first aid kit in the kitchen, probably put a new dressing on that in the morning, yeah?"

"Thanks," he turned, grimacing before he found a comfortable position.

Andy fished in his pockets and found the box containing at least eight more pills, placing them by the bed and fetching a cup of water to place next to it.

Theo could hear him moving and sighed. "Andy!" He cautioned with closed eyes.

"Just morphine mate, and water, in case you wake and the pain is too bad."

"Thanks."

"But I won't mind if you wake me," was the barely audible whispered response. "Night Theo, sleep well." He walked over to the door and switched off the light, only to hear him reply in a small sweet mumble.

* * *

Finishing another glass of bourbon, that more than enough alcohol to ease the pain of the loneliness. It was so quiet, too quiet without him. Smoothing the seat next to him on the sofa, where he would cuddle up to him on a quiet night of watching a film or just TV together. He sighed deeply and rattled about the flat for a while. He knew he couldn't sleep, wouldn't sleep without him.

Torn apart again, he wondered whether Alister's proposal was a good idea, or if they should quit altogether as it was getting too risky now. He wandered over to the window and slid it open. The air was cool on his face, and he breathed it in looking over the city as he lent over the ledge, glass in one hand and a cigarette in another. A lonesome figure, only a silhouette to viewers outside. All emotions soared as he dropped his head, and weeped into his arms. The hot tears dampened his skin as he cried, his heart ripped apart, only wishing things were how it used to be.

* * *

Back in his sitting room, Andy sat down in the arm chair stroking his loyal pet by his side, and sipping a brandy. After tonight his nerves were shattered; the what-ifs filled his mind and thoughts of what would have happened if Theo hadn't been miraculously saved. Someone was watching over him that was for sure.

Cal already hated him for what he did, and he wondered whether it was the end of their professional relationship, and friendship. He begged Lorenzo practically on his knees for no harm to come to his colleague, and so the 'Plan Eagle' was put to a stop. He had no idea that he was intended for assassination, or knew anything about this McGiffern who they had to drop off the coke to on that day. No, Lorenzo failed to tell him that! So he was genuinely truthful to his friends that he had no idea he was a bounty hunter until Cal had mentioned it. but how did Calvin know who he was? Andy knew Lorenzor's plan to get Theodore away from Calvin, and get him to work with him, but not that he was going to have him killed!

Lorenzo had only told him this not long after, as he demanded to know what the hell was going on and why they had a gunman after him. Arrested he could understand, but Andy knew another man was involved, someone a little impulsive and nasty. He figured he was behind 'Plan Eagle the second flight,' the reason why Theo couldn't come with Cal to the meeting or know something else that would frighten him.

He had contacted Alister the day of the event when he was sorting the car, demanding to know who the hell was chasing them, but he had denied it all, palming it off as some dodgy customers he had gotten involved with. After Cal had enlightened him about McGiffern, he had called the Boss again and begged him not to hurt Theo. Alister would poke him for having feelings for this man, which Andy was forced to confess, and also, The Boss had told him if he blabbed to his two colleagues he was dead!

As he recalled from this evening the couple were detectives in the works as they almost figured out the plan. He had to intervene otherwise his own life would be in danger, cutting in with the horrible truth of his and Theo's sexual encounter was only to stall them from further enquiries.

Massaging his temples, he stressed more about the dangers. Alister and his two partners, were the only ones who knew the location of his home, and feared he wouldn't wake up the next morning. His eyes wandered to where his mobile phone sat on the side, thinking back to before he had dashed out to find Theo as he slipped away. Frowning he picked it up and scrolled down to that message that was bothering him. 'The Eagle has landed.'

His eyes widened in amazement. It was from Mr Lorenzo himself. "How the hell did he know?" He pondered, rubbing his thumb idly over the letters. He did admit when he told him at the hospital but he was vague about it. Then why not stop it before the bounty hunter had already had instructions?

Had he turned a blind eye? But he promised Andy he wouldn't harm him.

Andy then realized, with a smile he then knew he had been warned by Boss- man to go stop this homicide. Alister had warned him, because was it too late for him to stop it himself? He was true to his word, and Andy sensed the kinder side to the nasty gangster. His eyes closed as he felt like he had been Theo's guardian angel, stopping the worst, and he was now safe and sound in his spare room.

He was about to put his phone back on the table with peace of mind when it hummed lightly in his hand. He pressed 'read' and received the text.

'Calvin Walsh owes me!!

I have sorted out your little problem. The huntsman will no longer be your concern.

Boss'

Andy frowned. What did he mean?

For now it was getting late, and his eyes and head ached from exhaustion. Wandering to the kitchen he put the glass on the side of the sink, switching off all the lights, and told Meg to settle down and headed to bed.

12