Love is a Four Letter Word

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then, months later while I was grocery shopping, someone crashed into my cart. I whirled around to see who it was.

"Howdy, stranger!"

Abby.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Even female chauvinist pigs need to eat. Right?"

"Screw you." I said, trying to free my cart.

"Okay, your place or mine?"

"I don't have time for these games. Leave me alone, Abby."

"Alex, wait! Talk with me."

"What is it you want?"

"What do I want? I'd like everything, but I'll settle for dinner tonight."

"That's not happening." I was determined to ignore her.

"You promised to never hurt me, but you did. All I want is a chance."

I gathered my thoughts and studied her face before replying, "Okay, one date, but after that, promise me you'll quit calling?"

She extending her hand. I shook it and she said, "Deal."

She seemed reluctant to release my hand. Her touch was electric to me.

"By the way," I said. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. Wear a nice suit and bring your dancing shoes. I'll pick you up Six-thirty sharp."

I was happy to bring this situation to some sort of resolution, one way or the other. I needed my life back.

I rationalized , what could possibly happen if I just go to dinner with her? I needed closer.

****

Precisely at six-thirty my doorbell rang. When I opened the door, standing in front of me was the very definition of loveliness. Abby's abundant cleavage was on full display. It was obvious she had pulled out all the stops. I suspected this beautiful dress was just for this date. I also thought I might be spending the night beating off the competition.

Abby smiled and said, "Your carriage awaits." She took my hand and led me toward her car. I stopped dead in my tracks. What the fuck? A Maserati?

"I thought you were a Tesla saleswoman. What happened?"

"Well, the Tesla dealership was my father's. When I moved out and got my own place, I quit. I felt I needed something more challenging."

She smugly opened the unique swinging door and I eased myself into the plush interior. She strapped in and pushed the ignition button. The engine roared to life with the deep drone of an expensive car. She grinned at me after seeing my reaction.

"How'd you find your new job?"

"Actually I didn't, they found me. I had done some modeling in the past and the agent I used set me up with an interview. I almost didn't go but decided to at last minute. They liked me and signed me to a four year contract. I'm their new model and spokesperson. This car is a loaner—a company perk."

*****

We pulled up to a posh hotel and the valets helped us out. Abby handed him the key and said, "You scratch it, you own it." I handed him two twenties.

It was early but the maître d' still made us wait. I hated it when restaurants do that. I realized he was waiting for his bribe when Abby handed him some cash.

"Don't worry," she said. "I'm on an expense account. It's the way the game is played."

He seated us in a location next to a running fountain and handed us menus written in French. The drink waiter asked us what we wanted to drink.

Abby glanced at me and said, "Is a Manhattan good for you?"

I nodded and she held up two fingers for the waiter.

"I've never been to a restaurant that didn't have prices on the menu," I said, trying to decipher the French menu options.

Abby giggled. "Let me interpret for you. What do you like? Steak? Chicken?"

"You pick," I answered. I was bit embarrassed being out of my element.

She signaled the waiter and said, "We'll start with the taleggio cheese and mission fig tartine."

"Very good, mademoiselle," the waiter replied.

"Then, for the entrée, we'll have the sweet-tart duck breasts with fresh cherry sauce, along with the peas and carrots salad, with goat cheese and almonds."

"Absolutely a splendid choice."

"Dessert will be your famous chocolate mousse."

After the waiter left, I said, "About the only thing I understood was the word chocolate."

"No worries." Abby smiled. "If we're together, I don't care if we eat KFC. I only came here to show I care about you. That... and to try out my new expense account."

"Abby, I'll be up front and say that I don't like the concept of swinging. If we're together in any capacity, we are exclusive. I don't want to know the details of your sexual history and I certainly don't want to hear how many orgasms you had with Todd. I won't be someone's cuckold."

"Scoot over close," she whispered. "I want to show you something." She looked around and lifted her skirt, showing her smooth bare buttocks. The Todd tattoo was gone.

"I had it removed the day after you ran off," Abby said, pulling her skirt back down.

"Abby, what is It you want from me?" I asked, meeting her gaze.

She held up her hand, showing me that she was still wearing her fake engagement ring. "What do I want? I hope you'll exchange this with the real thing."

"Abby, that's a long reach from where we are now."

She frowned and said, "But it's not impossible, is it?"

"From where we were at... It's going to take more than a dinner to mend this rift."

"Well, the evening is young."she said with a smile.

Two waiters brought our orders and I couldn't help but notice their eyes were glued to Abby. I couldn't blame them, but I also knew she did little to discourage them. I felt like I was invisible, but that happens when I'm with her.

Abby checked all the boxes on my girlfriend list and then some. As far as a long time relationship was concerned, I was conflicted. She seemed ideal and was certainly was the most beautiful woman I'd ever dated. Something suddenly occurred to me. Was I intimidated by her? Was it I felt inadequate?

We ate in virtual silence. The food was excellent, but I'm more of a steak and potatoes kind of guy. Looking at her across from me, I noticed she even managed to eat sexy. The way she daintily poked and separated food with her fork was sensual.

"So...what do you think?"She asked.

"Well...from where we are..."

"I meant the food." She laughed.

"...Oh, it's delicious."

"Yeah, I thought you'd like it...Alex you asked for honesty and I shared my heart."

"I'll tell you the truth also. I've been on a roller coaster ride of emotions since I met you. Abby, I know it's a cliché, but I think only time will tell."

"Alex, what is it that bothers you so much about me?"

"Let me ask you this. Knowing your recent history, could you ever be fulfilled in a monogamous relationship?"

"Yes, I believe I could, but I ask you the same question. Could you? I think those are the questions we need to ask. The fact we are is a good sign."

*****

After we finished our dessert, we headed to the lounge. It was dark inside except for the spotlight on the band. We chose a booth close to the stage and ordered a couple Margaritas. The band was excellent and the singer was better than average. She sang mostly oldies and did justice to a few Streisand songs.

I held out my hand. Abby stood and asked, 'Shall we?"

There was only one other couple dancing when I took her in my arms. We moved across the dance floor effortlessly. I was taken back how light she was on her feet. She even made me look good. We seemed to use the entire dance floor. In the past, most of my dance partners were content to circle in a small area, but not so with Abby.

"You're good," she whispered in my ear.

"Thanks, but we both know it's all you."I replied before dipping her.

"It takes two to Tango," she replied. Just then the band went uptempo. "How about it? Do you Tango?"

"Not really, but I have a feeling I'm going to learn." She commenced to do just that. While she was teaching me the steps, several other people lined up for impromptu lessons. I couldn't remember having more fun. When we finally sat, she besieged with dance offers, but she politely declined.

"Abby, If you want to dance with others, go ahead."

"I don't want to. If I did, I would."

Just about then, a guy that obviously had too much to drink staggered up to our table and said, "Come on babe, just one Itsy-bitsy dance."

He attempted to balance him self on our table and knocked Abby's drink over. It poured in her lap, on her beautiful new dress.

He fell to the floor. I rushed to help her clean off with napkins in hand and said, "Beat it creep!"

I thought Abby would be pissed, but instead she laughed hysterically. Two waiters helped the guy up and the manager came to our table. He said, "My deepest apologies Madame. Have you're dress cleaned and send your bill to us." He handed her a business card. "Plus, half your meal is discounted and all your drinks are taken care of."

"Thank you. That was very kind of you." Abby said

"What's your plan now?" I asked.

"I suggest we go to my new place so I can change. I don't like smelling like a distillery. Plus, I really want to show off my new condo."

****

We drove toward the ocean along Harbor Blvd. and pulled into her three car garage. She gunned the engine before shutting it off.

"I'm impressed," I said, as I unclamped the seatbelt.

"You haven't seen anything yet," she replied opening both our doors with the touch of a button.

For just moving in, the place was clean and organized as if she lived there for years. It was decorated ultra modern, in a monochromatic grey scheme with a splash of color here and there to keep it from looking too cold. I walked over to her balcony that overlooked the harbor and said, "Wow! Don't tell me this place is a perk too."

"Nope, I bought it and I'm mortgaged to the hilt. I couldn't resist it. Make yourself at home while I clean myself up. Pour yourself a drink. The liquor is in the island cabinet. The espresso machine is filled if you prefer coffee."

She walked to the bedroom pulling off her dress as she walked. Her naked butt was something that was close to perfection. She was pulling out all the stops.

I thought, she could have her pick of men. Rich and famous men, better looking men. So, why me? She basically told me Todd was better in bed and he ripped her with orgasms.

I needed to clear my head so I opted for coffee. Thing is, I can't think straight around her. The thought of marriage never crossed my mind before, but she was pulling me that direction and that scared the hell out of me.

"Hey, That smells good. Pour me a cup." She said walking out in her terrycloth robe barefoot. Her damp hair tied back and most of her makeup gone. I realized this was the the first time I'd seen her not glamoured up.

"How do you like your coffee?"

"I like my coffee the same way I like my men, hot and sweet, with a splash of cream." She giggled.

There was no use fighting it. I spent the night and ultimately moved in with her. I wish I could say I was suddenly cured of my jealousy. At least gained control of it. Abby became a very successful model, very much in demand. At first I went on location with her, but seeing her scantily dressed or partiality nude in front of others was more than I could take. It boiled down to trust. Did I really trust her? That question was answered when I slipped a two carat diamond on her finger.

Epilogue

All of this happened over a year ago. We planned a June wedding. Randy is to be my best man and Pebbles is the maid of honor. Like every other couple, Abby and I have or good days and bad days, but what we have together I wouldn't trade for all the wealth in the world.

You're probably wondering if my philosophy about love has changed. To be honest, I would say a lot. I believe love is a actually a living thing. People tend to treat it as indestructible, but it is fragile, needing to be nurtured daily or it will weaken and die.

My love for Abby is the most precious thing I possess and I will protect it to my dying breath.

The end...or is it?