All Comments on 'Love Is A Silk Blindfold Ch. 04'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
No woman would be so calm over the clothes

much less dishes and other things unless she had something more important on her agenda. She is trapped and she knows it, her only defense is to deny deny deny and hope it goes away.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 17 years ago
God you are good.

Terrific writing. However, Jules would never say "I broke up him" meaning Paul. Men friends do not 'break up'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Whew...this guy is a real clown.

How is it that people like him form the top economical class of our society. No wonder the world is fucked up with cluless idiots like him around.

If he had so much smarts then why didn't he go ahead and spend a little of that money for a professional. PI can really get the goods on a cheater. This jerk got nothing. If she did cheat then she gets off scott free because of juniors bumbling...Great story in so much as you captured the essence of an eraserhead.

torchthebitchtorchthebitchabout 17 years ago
Heel goed.

Your writing is excellent. Jules is clearly torn between what he believes based on previous (perceived) behavior and the seed of doubt planted by Paul and Betty's current behaviour. His continuous vaccilating between either interpretation is a realistic portrayal of a man who values reason over instinct. Someone who does not want to interpret things in a way that will destroy what he believes his life to be. He is clinging desperately to an ideal that is being slowly eroded by his wife's inability or refusal to either, understand what she is doing to him, or, her wilfulness in destroying his faith in her by chosing to withold the truth. I hope my two words are as good as your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Salut!

Don`t finish the story with the doubt of she is cheater or not?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
fabuously well written but STILL crap

This writer is very skilled and very gitfted and the story is suspenful and a joy to read but it is still crap. The problem is this story is NOT with the wife..... she is a cheat and liar... its the way this author does ALL her men characters. <b> There is Nothing heroic about being so fooking stupid you cant tell the difference between shit and shinoola.</b> Straight men dont act this way. Gay men do..........Look at these phrases "Jealous Bitch" --- "I broke up with Paul"...... come on!!!!.

<br> </br>

PLEASE consider these FACTS.................. FACT she is supposedly in love with her husband. She is Supposedly outraged at his accusations. FACT she never answers ANY of his questions...... in this chapter or in chapters 2 or 3 which is unexpainable IF she wants to save her marriage. <b> Her explaination about what paul saw is BULLSHIT. You dont Kiss the Boss on the mouth b/c you had a susccessful meeeting with the IT clients--- </b> which is EXACTLY what her defense is.........

<br> </br>

FACT:.......... What are the odds of another woman who looks exactly like Her being in NYC and SPEAKS FRENCHin the EXACT same manner she does? This husband has mountains of physical evidence -- so much so that people have been convicted of 1st degree murder on a lot less-- and STILL he cannot make that leap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
getting very interesting

cant wait for the next chapter. let's see how you finish this series. how good the story is depends on how you end it.

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
Tension builds some more.

A few comments. Yes, it's true. Straight men don't break up because they were never together. They end their friendship. <P> When a woman has lunch or supper with a man, that's called a date. If she's in a suite with a man, that's called a tryst. If she were married to me, she'd have two choices. Lose the job or lose me. No discussion. Choose now. <P> There is nothing that infuriates a man more than being defied. Wifey has defied hubby multiple times in this series by not answering direct questions. While the story doesn't say wifey closed and locked the bedroom door, hubby would have followed, not screamed. He'd have been infuriated by her refusal to answer. My wife once locked herself in the bathroom. I kicked the door in. That's what a man does when his wife defies him. <P> While this may be set in New York, the European background of the writer may be coloring the approach to hubby's characterization. Only she can say. <P> Thanks for writing and looking forward to the rest. <P> Phil

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
She reminds me of my assistant

Betty seems to be playing it very cool. Who knows how this will turn out. I am betting that she is in fact not cheating on her husband and I am hoping you have some delicious twist. Yet like my assistant you have painted Betty as a woman who can withstand just about anything and not show her hand. It's what is fueling this story. You should see my assistant when I question her about something. The Nazis couldn't have broken her.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 17 years ago
50%, only because of your good writing skill

Jules still behaves like a woman, or an effiminate homosexual male. I agree with the other comments; men do not "break up" with one another unless their relationship is sexual, not when they are simply friends. Jules can't reach a decision, he seems paralyzed and weak. Women throw dishes and rip out clothes; those are not the actions of a man. I again say that he should have used a private investigator; by now, he would know what is or is not going on. Maybe Betty has an identical twin sister who has been mistaken for her, but this really strains coincidence to the breaking point. If a person loves another, really loves them, and especially loves that person within a marriage, then the last thing that person would want is to hurt the other. Betty, if she loved Jules, would not be acting in a manner that would raise suspicions regarding her fidelity and if her husband expressed concern in this regard, she would either modify her behavior, explain the situation to her husband's satisfaction, or something but not act the way she does in this story. She would suggest that he come with her on her travels so that it is clear that everything is "above board." Since she is playing dumb and denying everything (but cheaters always do this), we know she really does not care for Jules. I would just leave the place and file (for divorce) with what has already taken place. Or else, accept she is going to cuckold me and then I can be equal and play the same game (i.e., fuck around on her). What really has me confused is Jules' willingness to make love with Betty despite being fairly certain she is cheating.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
A rarity. Real literature on Literotica

With the exception of a limited number of contributors, readers of this genre subsist pretty much on a literary diet of dog food. This young female author residing in Amsterdam is serving up to us a plate of chateaubriand. Unfortunately for some of us it may have a taste too rich to appreciate. (PP) I've read comments here which state that a the male protagonist doesn't act as one would expect a male, a husband, would. "Men don't break up." That's not how it is phrased here, but perhaps it is where this author resides. Is finding this character credible any more of a stretch than accepting the reality of the "Hannibal Lechter" character in the books and the movies? I've read some vehement and caustic comments, deserving comments, posted in defense of 'Winterfrog' regarding his unfamiliarity with English as written and spoken in America. Isn't this author as deserving? She is truly waxing poetic. Her keyboard is more a paintbrush than a collection of letters and numbers, and we fortunately can witness her exhibit her artistry in presenting her story. (PP) I've read comments that have condemned the wife for cheating, for being unfaithful. Nowhere in the story have I read anything that actually proves that she has been. A good friend, Paul, tells the husband, Jules, that he saw Jules' wife kissing her boss. She doesn't deny it, but explains that she has a longer history with her boss than she does with him. Her behavior with the boss certainly exceeds what most of would want our wives to share with another man, but it certainly doesn't constitute infidelity. Friend Paul can offer nothing else concrete. As to her time spent in the upper reaches of the hotel, he can only offer supposition. But, aha, there is that damning instance where Jules spies her in the hotel. Or is it so damning? By Jules' own admission the woman he suspected as being his wife he describes as being made up outrageously and, in order to be his wife, wearing a wig. But the kicker is she spoke French. Let's see, doesn't the number of residents in New York approximate 8 million or so? I'll just bet that the Betty character isn't the only female living there able to speak French. The hooker under all of that make-up and possibly a wig strongly resembled his wife, but even he truly can't say for certain. Hey, she may be guilty of cheating, but for the sake of argument, lets' pretend she isn't. Assuming that for a moment, what has she done wrong? I can't find anything. Everything she has done is consistent with her behavior before Paul's revelation to Jules. Hmmm. Is it possible that perhaps Paul has an ulterior motive and perhaps is playing upon Jules' insecurity regarding his wife? Just a thought. (PP) Why anticipate what's coming next? Why not simply enjoy the journey this young author is providing us?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
sorry PHIL u are DEEPLY wrong

DUDE by the time u read chpater 6 you are going to regret posting what you just did.

<br></br>

Hey I was correct with the CELT's <u? WHERE IS SHE </u> last week wasnt I? I Know this writer...

<br></br>

This story when I read it original did not fool me for a second. Maybe it was my former career As a private investigator for AIG that helped.

<br></br>

Yes she is cheating and has been doing so much of it for so long that it will make YOU look like a fool when you read chapter 6. I have read the entire story and your point in her defense are well silly and borderline bullshit. <b>Each incidnet by itself proves Nothing but for some reason you refuse to look at the totality of the issue. </b> You NEVER answer the key questions... if she is so deeply in love with her husband why is she NOT answering any question and stringing him along.... ? why is she lying by ommission?

<br></br>

why doesnt she say "I have never fucked Rober Mancini?"

<br></br>

At this point in the story she has been asked to leave

by a very distraught Gay like husband. The wife has been directly accused her of cheating and twice when she told of damning evidence she has No real defense.

<br></br>

for example <b>Yes sure there are lots of hookers in NYC that can look like the wife and speak french but with her boss Mr Manicini? who just happened to be at her hotel? are you FOOKING drunk ? or high? </b>

<br></br>

would not a "normal" person being wrongly accused by their spouse they are supposedly being so in love with do a LOT more than what she is doing to convince?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
no offense, but per PhilipinNorcal

You don't really know decent, if it is in front of you!, oh, the writing is decent enough, even with some quarky things here and there.

But the story line --- along with the OVER-ALL PLOT and you have to have finish the story by the author to know what I am saying here --- is one of a total moron of a protagonist.

And I have nothing against simpletons. "George" and "Lenny", OF MICE AND MEN, in master story teller John Steinbeck, for example, are about simpletons. Well, Lenny is supposed to be the "brain" of the two wandering brothers; but even Lenny still comes across as slightly below average IQ.

Paul, Jules, and Betty exude --- ALL OF THEM --- exude nothing but tired cliche lines and characterizations. And you know what makes it worst? You, THE READER, don't really know IF THE AUTHOR's really in control of her characters, of her plots, of her story-lines!

Steibeck is in total control of his simpleton characters!

At this juncture, I'm not sure if I've actually done "angiquesophie" good or bad!, comparing/contrasting her with such a great master story as Steinbeck.

Point is, PhilipinNorcal, SOME of us DO know a bit of story telling and characterization and storyline and plot control! To your chagrin, YOU don't! ;o)

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
To anonymous and Harry

To the anonymous poster, firstly, and Harry, secondly: If I represented myself as possessing undue prowess in defining literary worthiness, I was in error. You may very well be more well-read than I, and hold opinions that have more merit than mine. After all, you did hold yourself up as someone who is an authority. How could I not defer to such self-appointed stature? I thought my preface regarding the fare that is normally posted here gave some indication of the context in which I spoke. I am not and never really have been a fan of classic literature. I tried reading "Moby Dick" four times and just couldn't get past the first chapter. I guess that's why cars are sold in many colors. Each has own druthers. I do take offense at your presumption as to what I know and/or don't know. I am an avid reader of mainstream fiction. There are a certain number of authors whose works I much enjoy. I don't hold any of them to be a "Steinbeck," but they are certainly very capable. Does my taste in popular fiction make me lesser qualified to proffer an educated opinion regarding angiquesophie's effort? Perhaps. I don't agree with your presuming to know what I, as the reader, perceive from her story. I don't find anything trite about her story. Perhaps, in bowing to your greater grasp of all things literary, I should. We are discussing an author who is posting a story here, on Literotica. And you use Steinbeck as your yardstick? Did you take a wrong turn somewhere? Perhaps I should ask you what year this is. Even in the presence of your self-proclaimed superior knowledge, I will still contend that this young author can write. There is one thing about you to which I would definitely have to accede your superiority: your arrogance. (PP) To Harry: Harry, in having read your comment on another story which you directed to 'Nici' I feel inclined to ignore you. Is it all about being right, Harry? Why are you so strident in your efforts to impose your opinions on others? You'll post three, four and more time per story trying to convince other readers that yours is the only way to view a story. What drives you to this, Harry? And why the personal attacks? Are you entitled to your own opinion? If so, am I, or anyone else? Is there a conclusion you can't reach in record time? Must I accept that you see and respond to this story different than I? Can you accept the reverse? Yes, you were right about 'thecelt's' story in that you predicted that it would end in a reconciliation. But you were right for the wrong reasons. You pigeon hole people, Harry. You have designated 'thecelt' as *gasp* a reconciliator. So what?! If a woman writes a story that you believe reflects poorly on males, according to you she's a lesbian. Harry, is that your version of maturity? Harry, I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Live and let live." Don't make it your mission to convince everyone to see things as you do. Be secure in your own assessment of a story. Don't be dependent upon the weight of other like opinions to have to give it worth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Story

I like your story and the suspence build up. I don't know if wife cheated or not. I'm sure I will find out in time/ I do wish Literotica or author would screen out people like Harryin Va and various other readers who indicate they have read the story on other sites and insist on telling readers what happens two or three chapters in the future. It kind of kills the whole story for other readers.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Silly Comments - Well Many Are

If you like talent this is your gal. If you like meaningful substance, reality and semi-normal men don't read this as it is male demeaning and abstractly silly - sorta non-believable soap operaish in flowery terms.

What Harry says is right on. She has a propensity - a predilection for male humiliation in her works. They are weirdly helpless and effeminate in most regards or just plain stupid - perhaps writer created braindead is more descriptive. Manly only in that they piss standing - maybe.

It is a shame or an indication of her/his bent towards gay or a male hate syndrome. Sad in either case.

Puzzling is that many are blinded by the talent and can't see beyonds it. A waste to write for so few into male weakness and helplessness.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
He is a drama king

Plus he is a damn fool. He wants to play dectective without any experience when the proper thing would be to hire an investigator.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Getting crazy

Is it a sign of true love that a person loses all reason when shit happens? Tearing up inanimate objects (especially expensive ones) is proof of caring? BullShit! This is getting frustratinger and frustratinger!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

There seems to be so much more than meets the eye. Thanks.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Great build up. Five stars.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago
Like a woman

The author is a woman so it might be excusable that she doesn't know much about how men thinks.

When I read about the protagonist in this story, I can't help consider him a wimp, there are several reasons, but most importantly is that he doesn't act or think like a man, but like I imagine a woman would.

calibamma707calibamma707almost 4 years ago
You making dude look like a wuss

If someone isn’t bleeding 🩸 at the end of this one I’m done with you writer and I sure as hell hope you aren’t this weak in real life...come on dude give us some blood. And why do writers put so much focus on the damn cheating wife instead of her lover. Damn do I have to begin writing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is the mc and his wife. One of them is certifiably insane. Maybe the big surprise at the end is that they both are?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Again. You give a man a emotional edge that he would not have.

Men are straightforward. Logical. Problem solvers. Not that they don't feel emotions. But men/boys are taught from an early age to push them (emotions) down and finish their task.

This "man" you are writing is an emotional mess. Unable to cope. Or move forward. Or make decisions.

A man would plan. And would use his best friend to help make the plans.

And he wouldn't see and hear his wife being a whore and then not believe what he saw and heard.

Sorry. Men can love deeply, but a man always half suspects his beautiful wife might be capable of cheating...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1327 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...