Love is Not Blind Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I missed seeing you Resh, I have so much to catch up on. You were wrong that day, Resh, you are a lot more beautiful than you made yourself out to be."

Just then, the doorbell rang and Vimala let herself in.

We both pounced in her with a whoop. Nayan lifted her a few inches off the floor and whirled her around, she looked absolutely bewildered.

"I can see, Vimala-Ji," he screamed again and again.

Vimala looked dazed. "You have been my mother here all these days, I can never thank you enough," he rambled

Then Vimala, never one to show much emotion, looked directly at me and spoke in Hindi. Translated, she meant,

"In my village, they say that a person who spills sugar in the house always brings good luck. I have been waiting for this day since you first stepped into this place. I did not give up hope and you did not disappoint. All credit goes to you." First, giving both of us a quick hug, then in a businesslike professional manner, she walked into the kitchen.

It was then that I realised, the milk was still in the milk box outside and we had not even had a cup of coffee since waking up.

After Vimala and served us some coffee, Nayan pulled me into the bedroom and closed the door. "Nayan, Vimala is around."

"I don't care, come, shower with me, I want to see every inch of you." He picked me up and walked into the shower.

"You are so beautiful," he murmured. Placing a finger under my chin and pushing my face up towards him, he looked deep into my eyes.

"Aami tomake anek bhalobhashi shona," he muttered falteringly, then added,

"Did I get that right?"

"Wow, that Bengali accent was perfect, now how do I say, 'I love you very much, darling,' in Tamil?"

"That's homework for you, figure it out," he grinned. I just kissed him.

As things got steamier in the shower, as my nipples under his expert ministration tried to match the hardness of his member, he started to move away, "I need to get some protection," he whispered.

"Not now, please, just make love to me."

"You sure? Wouldn't it be risky?"

"I don't care, even if I get pregnant, the baby bump won't show at the wedding!"

His length and girth filled me up, and soon I was palpitating and throbbing and vibrating down there as he gushed copiously in me.

We took a long time to come back to earth, and reluctantly, we completed our shower and dressed. Then we went to check what Vimala was preparing for us. She shooed us out of the kitchen. "Go sit in the living room, I will feed you guys some fabulous stuff today," she said.

It was Nayan who first heard the footfalls of someone racing up the stairs. He lunged for the door and opened it, as Su flung himself into his arms. She seemed ferocious as a Bobcat, as she clung to him and kissed his cheeks and started biting them.

Nayan crushed her to him. Then suddenly, she let him go and grabbed me in a bearhug. By then Uncle and Auntie had walked up the stairs and enveloped him in a tight embrace.

As emotions started to come back to normal, we noticed Farhan standing at the door, looking at us shyly. Nayan hugged him, patted his back, and said, "Farhan, you god has listened to you, go thank him in your prayers today."

Vimala came out beaming, with a big bowl of 'Halwa' a sweet dish made for ceremonial occasions. As Su reached for the bowl, Nayan caught her by her ponytail and held her back.

"Mom!" She squealed and Nayan grinned.

"You wore it for me, didn't you? Why are you calling Mom now?" Then he released her, and tenderly kissed her forehead. "It feels so good to see you, my little sister, I missed seeing your face so much."

Auntie held out her arms to me, held me with one arm, and stroked my face. "You have touched our lives in so many wonderful ways, girl, what would we do without you?"

As we sat down for breakfast, we realised we were ravenously hungry. Uncle looked at Nayan. "I have brought all your medical files and reports. I will call up your doctor and fix an appointment for this afternoon itself. We need the experts now."

Nayan's medical examinations and tests went on for the next three days. Nothing showed up conclusively, not one of the doctors could explain how or why Nayan's vision returned. There were conjectures and hypotheses, guesses and opinions, but no clear cut explanation.

The best interpretation came from the psychologist who had initially counselled Nayan to come to terms with his disability. When he got to know that Nayan was soon to be married, and he saw me with the rest of the family during our visits to the hospital, he had a chat with us. We narrated our story of how we met and then eventually fell in love and committed ourselves to each other.

"The brain has its own mysteries," he said. "So has the human body. We know of tumours that suddenly go into recession, ailments that heal with placebos when we prescribe them just to keep the patient's spirits up, injuries to the brain that heal by themselves."

Then he added, "I think it was the steady love and support of the family, and possibly your recent love story that triggered this. Nayan's brain was overdosed with Oxytocin, Dopamine, Testosterone and endorphins, all feel good, love hormones and he was in that overall state of well being. His body rewarded him, probably by rewiring some of his neural circuits in the visual cortex. That is the best explanation I can think of for now. Maybe we will learn more as we continue to examine his scans and other reports."

The Ophthalmologist reported that Nayan's eyes were not seeing very distant objects, but he wanted to just let things be for a while, and see how his vision progressed before prescribing treatment or glasses.

Over the week, some press reporters came to know of Nayan's case and some hyped up news items appeared in the media. We just refused to get involved and asked them to talk to the doctors. The doctors cited patient confidentiality and refused to part with any information, and the story just died out. Some doctors wanted our permission to publish their findings in research publications and promised anonymity. We agreed. We were happy that Nayan's case could be used to further medical knowledge and possibly help other patients.

It took us two weeks for our lives to get back to normal. Nayan's professional life started to speed up, he could work faster now. But he wanted to retain the finely honed senses he had developed, and would often walk around the house with his eyes closed, and keep practicing his cooking skills with a blindfold on. He insisted that we continue our weekend morning walks together, and with our arms linked, he would keep his eyes closed most of the time.

"This brought us closer to each other, Reshmi, I want to experience this always. I want this as a constant reminder of how much you mean to me, how important you are to me." There was no way I could say, 'no' to this, I love him so much.

I suggested to Nayan that we should call Shagun and update her. He didn't seem too keen, but I felt it was the right thing to do. We had her number, but she did not have ours. So one evening I called her.

She had seen the press reports and was eager for more news, but she had no way of reaching us. She seemed genuinely happy and caring, so I put her on speakerphone with Nayan. After the initial pleasantries, he asked her how she was getting along.

"I took your advice Nayan, I reached out to my husband, Manoj, and we decided to give it another shot. To cut a long story short, we are seeing a counsellor together, we share a bedroom and a bathroom and while there are still some ghosts that we need to exorcise, I think we will attend your wedding together. He is at work now, else I would have got him on the call. I told him about you guys and he is quite keen to meet you."

"You will do it, Shagun, remember college days, where you used to fight tooth nail and claw for every single mark, even in the subjects you disliked? You are a fighter, so don't give up."

"Thank you, Nayan, just want you to know, you are an awesome guy, and Reshmi, you are the most beautiful woman I know. Take care guys and I will see you at the wedding."

______________________

Yet Another Love Story

I had to be in Hyderabad from the 1st of May, to prepare for the wedding and related events. Nayan and the rest of the family would come in on the 9th, we would have the Mehendi ceremony on the 10th, followed by an engagement function on the 11th, and the wedding on the 12th. We would return on the 14th and the wedding reception back home would be on the 21st. Then on the 23rd, Nayan and I would be off on our honeymoon.

My friends and cousins had planned a bachelorette's or hen party and there were certain other formalities expected from the bride before the wedding.

Nayan was distraught. "I can't stay for 2 days without you and you want me to spend 9 lonely days and nights alone?"

I cuddled him, sometimes he likes to be mollycoddled. "Go freak out with your friends, let your hair down. Your mates are anyway having a bachelor's party for you. We will talk every night, however late it is."

"Won't you miss me?"

"Of course I will, I will miss you terribly, but we can't avoid this."

He saw me off at the airport, looking forlorn and lost. I kissed him deeply in the car before we got down. We kept texting each other till I boarded the aircraft, and then again after I landed and reached home.

Once he reached home and with the family around him, he sort of eased up. I was feeling terrible too, and I missed him, but at least one of us had to retain some semblance of sanity.

Soon the 9th dawned. Nayan and his family were welcomed formally and they settled down in their allotted rooms in the hotel. Farhan, his wife, and Vimala were also part of the entourage and we had allotted a couple of rooms for them. The rest of the bride's family, retinue, and I had moved in a couple of hours before. We were in two different wings and floors of the hotel.

Custom and tradition required that the bride and the groom should not see each other till the engagement ceremony. I was sitting in my room, Ma and Mashi were laying out the various clothes and jewellery that I had to wear over the next three days and generally fussing over me.

Partha sauntered in. "Come on girl, let's go and see the hall where the functions are to take place," he said. I wasn't really keen and he was really insistent.

"Go take a look Reshmi, he is not going to let you off so easily," Mashi laughed.

Partha held me protectively. "Hey, big brother, so much love for your sister now that she is going away to a different family uh?" I needled him. He turned into a corridor that did not lead to the banquet hall.

"Hey, where are we going?" I asked when a door to my right opened and a hand shot out and pulled me in, even as I realised Partha was pushing me into that room. I started to scream and a strong female hand clamped itself on my mouth. Then I stared wide-eyed. The hand belonged to Su and standing next to her was Nayan. Partha and Su had big grins on their faces.

"You have 20 minutes," Partha said, as he grabbed Su's hand and they both started to walk out. They looked back and giggled. "We will be back in exactly 20 minutes," Su added, "don't let us catch you with your pants down." And they shut the door behind them.

"Whose idea was this?" I asked Nayan. "Just shut up Resh," he replied as his lips came down on mine.

"I missed you, honey," I gasped, as the first kiss ended. He caressed my face.

"If the elders find out, they will throw a fit," I said.

"Are you going to tell them?" asked Nayan, as he nuzzled my neck and his lips started to travel south.

It was as if we had just started kissing when there was a knock on the door and our two conspirators entered.

"You said 20 minutes," I complained.

"We gave you 23, Sweetheart," said Su, "now let us get out of here before the families find out what you guys have been up to."

The Mehendi ceremony was conducted the next afternoon. There was singing and dancing and fun as the Mehendi artists created extremely intricate designs on my hands, extending from my palms right up to my elbows. As tradition dictated, my fiancé's name was inscribed in henna, in Tamil on one hand and in Bengali on the other. Along with me, all the ladies from both the bride's and the groom's side had their hands covered with beautiful designs.

A few hours later as the henna dried and we washed it off, those beautiful patterns manifested themselves as works of art on our hands. Mashi looked at the patterns and said,

"Reshmi, your man loves you very much, that is why the colour of the henna is such a deep rich red." Then she looked at Su's hands and said,

"You are a lucky girl, the colour in your hands is as red and dark as Reshmi's, you too will find a most loving and caring husband." Su blushed, leading to more teasing from all of us.

"Hey guys, you can't tease my sister-in-law like this," I said and I laughingly lead Su away. Then I took her hands in mine, she had her fists clenched, I gently prised them open, knowing what to expect

Skilfully concealed in the intricate design was the word 'Partha.' I hugged and kissed her. "So how far into this are both of you?" I asked.

"We have talked about this, Reshmi, I think I am in love and so is he."

"I think my family has this thing for your family's eyes," I said mirthfully. "I fell for your brother's eyes and my cousin fell for yours. But tell me, have you guys only been talking, or has something more romantic happened?"

Su was silent, her eyes dreamy. "Hey, I am your friend, remember? You can tell me."

"He kissed me," she whispered. "I kissed him too. We kissed each other. It was the first time for both of us Reshmi, it felt so divine."

"Now where and when did this happen?"

"Yesterday, after we locked you and Nayan up in that room. We were in the adjoining room."

"You idiot!" I exclaimed. She looked up, startled. "You guys could have taken your time over it, did you have to be late by just 3 minutes?" We laughed as we hugged each other.

"So when do we break the news to the parents?" I asked.

"Everyone is so busy with the wedding, we are all having so much fun, maybe we should wait till all this is over?"

"If I know Ma and Auntie well, they will read it in your eyes well before the wedding gets over. Su, can I at least share this with Nayan? I will be able to see him next only at the engagement ceremony tomorrow. I will find a quiet moment and whisper it in his ear, can I?"

Su nodded her assent. I was so happy for both of them. The bonds between the two families were only getting stronger.

Su and I wore near-identical Lehengas and Cholis for the engagement ceremony the next day. Mine was a deep pink, Su's a pale yellow-green that matched the colour of her eyes. The photographers had a field day. Wedding photographers tend to focus on the prettiest women during the ceremonies and the cameras were constantly following Su and me. They also focussed a lot on Auntie, Ma, Mashi, and of course, Shagun, who along with Manoj, made it well in time for the event, despite their flight being late.

I was thrilled for a very different reason. Nayan could see now and we would be able to share all these memories so vividly for the rest of our lives.

Su stood next to Nayan, Partha next to me, as we exchanged diamond engagement rings. The parents were hugging each other and shedding tears of joy. We broke a couple of rules as Nayan hugged me tightly and we kissed each other lightly on the lips. This triggered a lot of 'oohs' and 'aahs' from the guests as they applauded, with a couple of bawdy jokes coming from an elderly grandaunt of mine who was seated right up front, that had all of us in splits.

I pulled Partha's head close to me and whispered in his ears. "Soon this act will be repeated with the same dramatis personae, only the roles are going to be different."

Su and I laughed when his mouth fell open and his eyes popped out, Nayan looked so bewildered and lost at the happenings around him.

Shagun was received by Uncle, Auntie, and Su like a prodigal daughter who'd run away and was now back home. We were all so happy, that there was no place for old grudges and animosities. Manoj turned out to be a wonderfully gracious person and we could really see some tender vibes between them.

The four of us shared a few private moments when everyone started to move towards the buffet for dinner.

"Shagun sees both of you as role models when it comes to love," Manoj said. "From what I know of your lives, both of you are so courageous facing up to the challenges that came your way. Somewhere down the line, we just wanted to be like you and things started falling in place. Suddenly our wealth, our status in society, even our egos and self-esteem seem to drop by the wayside when we look at each other only with love."

Shagun looked at Manoj, a secret message seemed to pass through their eyes, and he nodded.

Shagun smiled. "Other than our immediate family, you both are the first to know. We are having a baby soon, we found out last week. We had not planned for this, but we decided we do love each other strongly enough to bring forth and bring up our child."

"You guys are awesome," I said as we just hugged and huddled and felt exceedingly happy.

When they moved away for dinner, Nayan started to follow, I pulled him back. "You know Nayan, it is not just this couple that we have inspired." Nayan raised his eyebrows in askance.

"Well, your sister and my cousin are in love, we have to prepare for another wedding in the family."

Nayan let out a big sigh of relief. "I thought this girl will never find a guy for herself, all I know is that from the time you came into my life, a succession of great things has happened. I love you, Resh, I love you like crazy.

Our wedding day dawned bright and clear. I was woken up early and once I had bathed, the process of turning me into a Tamil bride began.

Auntie personally supervised my make up and attire. My long thick tresses became a single thick plait and were completely covered with white chrysanthemums, roses, and jasmine in an intricate floral design, My head was adorned with strings of pearls and coral in what is traditionally known as temple jewellery. My make up was just perfect, and I wore a purple and gold saree, with matching necklaces and traditional 'Jhumkas' on my ears.

Nayan wore a traditional white silk 'Veshti' with deep red and green borders. He was seated upon a silky mat placed on the floor of the 'Mandap' an enclosure where the wedding rituals take place. My bridesmaids, all dressed in silk sarees with their hair made up just like mine, along with Ma and Mashi escorted me and made me sit next to Nayan.

I was smiling, I was so happy. Mashi chided me gently, "You are the bride, look a bit coy," she whispered. It only made me giggle.

The priests went about their chanting, and both of us were just looking at each other through the corners of our eyes. The traditional 'Nadaswaram' and 'Melam' the wind and percussion instruments were being played by professional musicians and everyone around looked so busy. Su and Partha sat behind us, they had important roles to play in the ceremonies.

The parents exchanged gifts, and Auntie and Uncle presented me with the traditional wedding saree, which I was to change into for the main part of the ceremony.

My bridesmaids escorted me away, then Auntie helped me drape my wedding saree. This was a different drape, worn only by married women. The saree itself was 9 yards long compared to the normal drape that is of 6 yards. The colour of the saree was a deep maroon with golden borders and intricate thread-work.

Baba was sitting on a straight-backed chair. I, his daughter would have to sit on his lap and he would put his arms around me and hold my palms, to symbolically hand me over to my new protector and nurturer, my husband. My mother stood beside him, the priest then handed over the 'Mangalsutra' to Nayan.