All Comments on 'Love is Stranger: Farah, Fondly'

by Paul_Chance

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Paul_ChancePaul_Chance5 months agoAuthor

@Seeker81 Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comment!

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood5 months ago

Well written story. Quite a surprise ending. Loved the meaning of USMC as Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was a masterfully told story, that is beautifully written. Now I will have to read your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank You..an excellent read..

Paul_ChancePaul_Chance5 months agoAuthor

@WantingToWriteGood - Thank you for the comment. Glad you liked the story!

Paul_ChancePaul_Chance5 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous - Glad that you enjoyed the story. I enjoyed writing it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great! Neat twist at the end. I actually had the experience you outline. I met a Persian girl at university in England and married her. Initially I thought she was Brazilian - we were at an Ibero-American students function (booze-up) so not a bad guess given her big brown eyes and dark long flowing hair - and she thought I was American! I am actually Australian. Forty one years later we are still married and living in Australia. A bit like you describe we had to sneak in each others 'dorm' rooms and bathrooms. Given the Iraq connection in your story at the time (1982) we had many post-graduate Iraqi students at our university. A number of the girls lived in the same dorm as my 'wife'. They were very innocent. They mentioned to an American girl, who was in the same course as me, they were hearing strange ghost like sounds each night. My American friend quickly worked it out that my 'wife's' room was immediately above theirs!!!

'Ali Ahmad' Perth Western Australia

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE5 months ago

Lovely told story. Too bad it had to end him being drafted. It had a feeling that it could have been forever.

Merry Christmas.

Paul_ChancePaul_Chance5 months agoAuthor

@anonymous - I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that it resonated with you. Your tale, about the "ghost sounds" make me laugh. That in itself would be a great story!

Paul_ChancePaul_Chance5 months agoAuthor

@LudvigBlomSE - Thank you for the comment. Yes, it did have that feeling.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Great beginning!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPaul_Chance@Paul_Chance
Possessed with a vivid imagination and a love of the written word. Friendly, outgoing and drama free.