All Comments on 'Love, Life, and Death at The Grange'

by Nellymcboatface

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
used2bjustjused2bjustjover 1 year ago

Wow! Really long, but really good. Loved all the little plot swings. I look forward to more stories from you.

5/5

J

metroalmametroalmaover 1 year ago

This is so unfair. Molly, Elizabeth, Thomas, Matthew, Marie, Tracie and even Avalie all my newest best friends and then to be asked to vote for their story after reading the others you mention in your bio. That will be sorted out. As good as those other stories, the work, the time, the thought, that you have put into this tale. It is so well crafted. It peels like an onion. No! Its petals are like those of a long stemmed rose: fragrant, soft, and sweet. Thank you for sharing.

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaruover 1 year ago

Loved the story. The mystery arc in particular was fun to read. Thanks very much for giving me an advance read :)

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

I think you made a few more refinements since my last beta read? I enjoyed the smoothed out read, AMF of course the story arc itself is great!

pseud277pseud277over 1 year ago

Who was the second ghost in the stables? What really did happen to Thomas? What was the real reason why the squire deeded the gatehouse to Marie's servant family? He was written as the worst type of self-entitled, gentrified abuser and the irresistible assumption is that Molly haunted him into doing it. Molly had already plotted to bring Marie/Mary and Tracy/Tracie together. Did Molly somehow plan Avalie and Afshin's last minute publishing save for the Grange as well? That plot point was literally tacked on the end and just begged for a Christie-style drawing room reveal based on cold clear clues throughout the story. I read through the whole supernatural mystery in a single session expecting a poignant or endearing last word from our now favourite family ghost Molly. Because the story does end with the pair basically sitting on her bones and she was the standout star of the show. My score: 3.5 stars - 3 stars for plot and another half star for the likeable cast of characters. Except for the copious amounts of alcohol, they really did remind me of a very British style of holiday camp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, loved it!

Look forward to reading all your other offerings.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story but figured out the twist when Molly and Liz were introduced.

Striderian1Striderian1over 1 year ago

Well done story but the last two pages seemed rushed. Lots of loose ends including the other ghost who wasn’t good.

XactoXactoover 1 year ago

That was quite the epic! I enjoyed it all. ❤️

Fritz_WFritz_Wover 1 year ago

Thank you very much sharing this great writing. Please go on like this. Sehr gut 👍🏼 like we say here in Germany. You are one of my favorite writers. 🙌🏼👏🏼🖖🏼

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKover 1 year ago

That was amazing...

Kept me up almost all night, had to read more

Thanks for this goodie..

Belinda

VincepetroneVincepetroneover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Could not avoid being drawn into the characters. Well done

burgwadburgwadover 1 year ago

Hey, you did it! Congrats!

Runner4069Runner4069over 1 year ago

The ending is too rushed for my liking, the mixing up of name through out also unfortunately detracts from the overall enjoyment. Too many loose ends, mainly the bad ghost in the stable and who the heck is Francesca?

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Story wrapped up too quickly, the end was rushed as though you had to finish it. The revelations about the connections between Marie and Tracy were excellent but after that it went downhill. Sorry I was unable to read this before the contest ended but I probably wouldn't have made any difference. That all sounds very negative.

Loved the growing live between the 2 girls and how Molly slowly showed Tracy how her life had been all those years ago leaving hints for Tracy to follow up.

5⛤

ArdieffArdieffover 1 year ago

Sweet story - love, romance, sex and ghosts ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great job building the back story, and giving the characters depth. It's very difficult to not like the characters - even the Adonis wannabe, and the limp fish handshake academic (his name escapes me right now). Very well written...although the ending to me feels a bit rushed.

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

What a wonderful story….one of the best I have ever read.

The attention to detail is fantastic. Job very well done. Congratulations

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story, but I think Tracy should have gotten Debbie's job. I would also have liked the deed to reveal something more- Marie owns the other 51%!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A woderful tale. Yes, the ending is a bit rushed. I would have loved to see more detail, but its already 20 pages. I'd love to see a sequel. Will they get Molly's bones from the well and give her a proper burial? Or would that send her ghost "on"? What would Molly want as it would possibly separate her from the Grange and her boyfriend's ghost? Who is the "bad stables ghost and what is his story? And Marie and Tracy need to have kids to continue the connection to the Grange. So even with the rushed ending it's still a 5-star story. It's the quality of story Literotica needs more of. Vote it back up in the Best Stories List!!!

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtover 1 year ago

Very much enjoyed a different kind of lesbian love story! I must agree that, as detailed as most of it was, the ending did feel fast. And if you ever addressed who the bad ghost was, I missed it. Overall, tho, it kept my attention to the point I read it straight thru and was sad to see it end!

Bluesea00Bluesea00over 1 year ago

Hi Nelly, glad you contacted me. English is not my first language so have my apologies in advance.

I gave you 5 stars for this history because after reading many other stories I found myself really enjoying one of them. I get to love Molly -the real protagonist- nearly from the very beguining, and you feel good inside Tricy skin. It is true that by when Marie and Tricy click off the tale gets a bit lost. I was really afraid that Avalie introduction didn't end up in a classic thrine but not, Molly drives the plot again. Just that then all in a sudden the end of the story is a bit too fast. Some serious talk between Marie and Tricy -even fruitless- should have happened. They love each other too much and are mature enough to face it. Yep , may be the story will have doubled its lenght but I at least would have read it all.

PS. May be I lost it but where did the "bad" ghost end up?

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 1 year ago

This was a really great story! it took me quite a while to read through it, because I read it in small bits, but I loved it very much!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Excellent story for the first three quarters of the way through, you painted the central characters really well, the setting and surrounding countryside was vivid and lifelike to us reading it, but the pacing changed and the last handful of pages seems either very rushed or over edited, I’m not sure which. There are also more than a couple of unfinished threads: is Molly staying and where are her and her babies remains now? What of Thomas’ ghost? What happened to the “bad ghost”. Who was the bad ghost? Apart from all the loose threads, there’s the suspected unfaithfulness at the end, which doesn’t fit with the personalities, if I was in a relationship with an ex Army Officer I’d expect a level of honesty and honour, I definitely wouldn’t assume they were cheating with a teenager and make a scene about it. I really wanted to give this story a five star, but I can’t, the last quarter is well below par, sorry Nelly, 4⭐️ Ppfzz

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 1 year ago

I agreed - the ending feels rushed, and Molly was left out of it entirely. I thought for certain she would at least be rescued from the well and laid next to Elizabeth.

Despite the ending, it was a wonderful tale which I *thoroughly* enjoyed! (Though I still want more of Tom's parallel world.)

Xena75Xena7512 months ago

First let me say I just found you and I love your writing. Second I have to agree there is a lot left hanging I think maybe a part 2 is in order. With that being said keep writing you do it very well💗

PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger829 months ago

Thank you, Nelly, for a very enjoyable and engaging story with very well-developed characters and a detailed plot. Like some of the other commenters I feel that the first three quarters of the story was very well-detailed and well-paced, but the latter part seemed rushed and contained many loose plot lines and inconsistencies — the story of the bad ghost, the real fate of Thomas, the background of the unlikely bequest of the gatehouse, the many weeks of apparent poor communication between Tracy and Marie leading to a rather silly conflict at the end, et cetera. I would happily have read another twenty or thirty thousand words if it meant a more detailed and complete ending of an otherwise excellent tale (or possibly a second part, starting at about the introduction of Avalie).

For those readers who enjoyed this story I can warmly recommend ScattySue’s Haunted by Love, a story on a similar theme, though with a completely different story. Where, instead of a matchmaking ghost reuniting the descendants of two lovers, it is fate that tries to reunite that which man has torn asunder.

P.S.

xtrail65xtrail65about 1 month ago

This is the third or fourth reading of this story and every time I love it, as always well done Nelly my friend

UncertainTUncertainT18 days ago

That was a delight to read again Nelly! Wish I could give you five stars for every read.

THBGatoTHBGato9 days ago

Loved this story, and Molly is such an awesome character. Like many other commenters, I felt the ending was abrupt and needed more Molly. So, could I humbly suggest you add an epilogue? Maybe something like this:

Epilogue - 22 months later.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here together to join these women in holy matrimony" intoned the vicar, as my marvelous Marie, a vision in tasteful lace beamed at me across our joined hands. "If anyone here knows of any impediment or reason why these two women should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

A huge booming knock ran through the church, rattling windows. It was swiftly followed by a second that shook the petals loose from the floral flourishes around the nave. They landed lightly upon us, like confetti.

Somebody was making their feelings clear.

As the congregation tittered nervously, Marie and I raised our voices as one: "Thanks Molly!"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNellymcboatface@Nellymcboatface
Hi, thanks for reading my stories. I've not given any personal information, as I want to seduce you with my fantasies, not prejudice you before you read my stories. Thanks for bearing with me... Chapter 10 from Victoria and Alex is on its way... and with Literotica for publi...