All Comments on 'Love Long Gone'

by TarnishedPenny

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please continue!!

I hope you'll continue this story line. Great detail.

Brewster46Brewster46over 4 years ago
Enjoyable

The best I have read on this site

Very nice

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Excellent

Well written story conveying the feelings of two very different people finding each other. The picture of the island, it’s wildlife and woodlands was well done.

Quite an enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Superb

This is a wonderful, very superior bit of storytelling with almost too little eroticism but magnificent and beautiful despite that. This writer is a first class writer, a master craftsman,

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
New

I hope she brings him a new life, and children to liven up the island! Five Stars!

rayironyrayironyover 4 years ago
I clicked and the reply was

"Already in Favorites".

So much for voting early and often...wry grin.

Another 5 stars for you Ms Penny!

BelleCanzutoBelleCanzutoover 4 years ago
These sentences made this story for me

"for loss and loneliness can sometimes be just tricks and saints come in all forms.

Some of them - some of them - even bring treats on dark and stormy nights."

Another great story TP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A beautiful story with a hint of eroticism

This was a wonderful story. It had nice characters who felt pretty real. Well done!

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Great Piece Of Storytelling*****

One of the most enjoyable reads I have read on this site!! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The best story I've read here in a long, long, long time

Thank you

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I appreciate all those kind words. Vote scores are nice, but comments like these are what stokes a writer’s fires.

Richie4110Richie4110over 4 years ago
Wonderful love story!

The build up was special and the conclusion intense.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry!

But I cannot think of any improvement to offer. The character design was one of the top five I have read on this website. Also 5* is too low. Thanks for this story. It must have taken a lot of time to create!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Terrific Love Story

I went back to reread this story for the second time the same day. What a great story! The characters are so well described that you can see the feelings that each of them are fighting with. It is easy to see Iris’s love for JL and you can’t help but cheer her on to find a way to break through. It is also a story that you can’t put down and that you want to continue. More chapters with these characters would be great. 5*. Thank you.

riskconsultantriskconsultantover 4 years ago
Love The Story

One of the best story on the site. 5 stars

TomHarrisTomHarrisover 4 years ago
Thanks for a great story!

Thank you for a very good story. Great writing (loved some of the subtle humor intertwined into the main character's musings to himself), great story development, and very well written. Thank you!

ZachDocEightZachDocEightover 4 years ago
Thank you for this gift

I'm an empath and was drawn emotionally deeply into this story. I felt the love building between them. I'm not embarrassed to say I had tears in several places in this story. Especially pleased that the loving was clean and pure without xxx. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved the story!

Very well written and although the ending wasn't what I expected it was beautiful.

ArediaArediaover 4 years ago

You, sir, are my new favourite author. Thank-you for this story.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 4 years ago
Loved it, but

I was hoping you would continue their story. Please keep writing, you’ve done an amazing job!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hoping for more

I keep coming back to read this wonderful love story again and each time get the same emotions I got the first time. Their story begs to be continued. Like others, I keep waiting eagerly for another chapter.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
All treat and no trick

This is a five star story, well written and easy to read. You have a way with words that just paints a picture of the characters and what is going on, it's almost like I'm right there with them. Everything was so sensual and building up to the main event until you wrote about her "boobies". It just seemed to be out of place with the amount of mature love and tenderness that was taking place between the two. Actually made me laugh because of the, to me, juvenile word for her breasts.

It's still a very rewarding love story that I think is awesome, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it.

I cast Daniel Day Lewis and Rose Leslie in my head. But the writing was what made this story great. I too would love to read more with these characters.

jntiquesjntiquesover 3 years ago

Dear Author, A very nice love story. Thank you, jntiques/john

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Moto! Mas! MORE!...please; pretty please with sugar on top!

A broad-base delightful tale without a smidgen of condescension. Well done! Well done indeed!!!!! 5*****(In other words, I liked it a whole lot!)

YOMEYO

JimDiamondJimDiamondabout 3 years ago
It will be a hard search

I could search for a better story to vote for, but it would a hard search. So I think I will just vote for this one. You are such a wonderful "Story Teller". Why search further.

Thank you,

Jim Diamond

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 3 years ago

Thanks for writing TarnishedPenny.

I enjoyed the story. This is the first I have read of your works and is very encouraging. Now I will read a few more.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 3 years ago

What a lovely story! I hope there’s another chapter someday.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story, though it deserves a sequel.

SirBigfootSirBigfootover 2 years ago

Gave it 4 stars only for no conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it but I wanted more. I suppose it is selfish but I want to see them get closer and to deal with their differences. To be in love, have children, and live a good life together.

PhilDub2PhilDub2over 2 years ago

I found this to a sweet and satisfying story. It didn’t feel rushed or contrived. I appreciste your hse of language to build a setting and background. I’m extremely grateful for your command of the mechanics of good writing that I don’t need to edit as I read, allowing the story to flow as it ought.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Personally I don’t think it needs another chapter although I’d love to read one, truly excellent story telling, thankyou

DoctimeDoctimeover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Splendidly told. Only wondered about birth control. Bare back is ok only if she is protected from an accidental pregnancy. It does cry for a sequel.

Blueman5410Blueman5410over 2 years ago

Really well-constructed story. Wonderful writing and set up/ plot. Masterful and romantic...even the sexual part was truly tasteful---not sordid like so many I have read. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I want more, and I suppose I am not alone. How their life goes, what she does professionally, and if they change or grow as a couple because of that, the possibility of children, does he re-engage with the world a touch more, etc., are all fertile grounds for future creativity.

And yet, of course, we have met these people when they were different from the rest of us. The story of who each is, and how they found each other and reached out to each other and became a couple, told so *very* well, is what is unique about them. Now that they are together, and in love, and much of the mystery of each of them removed, their story becomes more like many of ours, but with the individual flavorings of these two characters, these two... people.

Please write on if you have strong ideas of our couple, but thank you for what you have shown us of them, and, you have left them well...

Five for you

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 2 years ago

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Excellently written! I just wish there was a sequel. How about it?

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

I love this story, here for a happy re-read.

ValendonValendonover 1 year ago

I'm sorry I've been on LIT for so long without finding your stories! Beautifully done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your best! Such excellent character presentation!

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I really liked this apart from the last sentence, that just spoiled it for me, you just had to do a little more.

WetmartinisWetmartinisover 1 year ago

It is a very good story, and of course i liked it. But I can also - somewhat - agree with oldtwit. It is not necessary, while the next to last is, and perfectly sums up the idea of the story.

But I did like the use of 'tricks' and 'treats' ...

WetmartinisWetmartinisover 1 year ago

And it is almost funny that the stories listed as 'similar stories' are already on my list of favourites...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent writing, I'll be reading some of your other works.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

Excellent story, a soft gentle build up, the story pretty much stripped back to its bones, with just enough for her to fall in love with her rescuer and decide to rescue him from his self imposed exile, I thoroughly enjoyed it. 5⭐️ regards, Ppfzz.

FranklyTooFranklyToo12 months ago

Great story. Well drawn characters and plot. I do wish I knew more about her and her background. However, unlike many reviewers I don't advocate for follow-up stories. I like the idea of imaging what becomes of them and their refuge. That way there are as many "next stories" as there are readers.

sg1010sg101011 months ago

A GREAT READ !

THANK YOU !

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You did it again….

BobLee7BobLee78 months ago

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca7 months ago

Beautiful, just as everything else you’ve written that I’ve read has been. A very easy 5⭐️’s

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

“The girl obviously knew something about cooking” as did the author, as she does about punctuation and grammar. Full marks for a middle aged man sporting something other than a bulging wallet.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Utterly beautiful. Tender, warm, smooth. Quite delightful.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u6 months ago

That was a beautiful well crafted story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous