All Comments on 'Love Lurks Beyond the Notes'

by panaflora

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sounds like two 80 year olds who should be in a retirement complex who can hardly get around and are just hopeful they can lie down in the same bed......... just need someone to talk to but don't really expect any physical results sexually.

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 1 year ago

Funny. Witty. Sexy. Charming. What’s not to like! 😊

aposiopesisaposiopesisover 1 year ago

I'm not quite sure what story Anonymous was commenting on, but this one was quite flirtatious and hot. Thanks for your contribution.

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

5* from me. I enjoyed it very much. If it were to be a longer story with more development of the characters and setting, I’d like it even more, but it’s your story, and you can write it however you want. It’s satisfying and enjoyable the way it is, for sure. I hope you understand that you can never satisfy all the anonymous commenters, but know that I’m a fan!

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this, but it should have been three times as long if you wanted it to be "one and done ". I expected more details about their lives. Married? Kids? Something with a little bit more details beyond just:

"Just for the record, many years later she's still absolutely adorable." 4/5

panaflorapanafloraover 1 year agoAuthor

@Davester37 Thanks for the comment. I don't ever write solely to satisfy the commenters, but it's nice to know that there are those out there who appreciate my efforts. This was just intended to be a quick divertissement, but interesting secondary characters insisted on poking their way into the story. So, maybe we haven't heard the last of Nate and Alyssa. We'll see.

karalinekaralineover 1 year ago

Very sweet, loving all the detail around the music, it creates a vivid, authentic picture.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Generally agree with some others, it needed more depth and content beyond a couple dates (or was it three) before professing their love for each other and living happily ever after. Like D, still won't keep me from scoring it 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story but too rushed

MeanderlwcMeanderlwcover 1 year ago

Only fault with this is it was too short. 5*

panaflorapanafloraover 1 year agoAuthor

Part 2 is here: https://www.literotica.com/s/love-lurks-beyond-the-notes-pt-02

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is amusing and sexy. Alyssa sounds like a handful. I see there is a sequel so I'll check that out too

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

I know this is Fantasyland, but the speed that was depicted in getting into bed was breathtaking. Somehow I thought there should have been a little bit of tension about it, but as usual this author's characters are well wrought and it seemed pretty smooth. I thought that buying a symphony series for a woman he only knew a few weeks was not well thought out and Marla didn't seem to be much of a bargain. I must admit that about 50 years ago I was at a G&S performance (Mikado with the D'Oyly Carte company) with an empty seat that I had bought for a nonexistent date when I noticed a very attractive woman across the aisle and a row behind me with a date. We played eye games for the rest of the evening, but made no contact. Two weeks later I was at a singles mixer and this short, shapely, attractive woman comes up to me and asks: "Have you seen any good performances of the Mikado lately?" We dated for most of a year and parted on very good terms, but it wasn't to be. This episode in the story brings that evening back to me vividly. 4* for good start, but not enough for a 5* because of the rush.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, my. The opening scenario led me neatly down the path, but after "Death by Eucalyptus" the true essence of this tale became apparent (pun intended, and I can vividly imagine that scent). I hope that terms like "going-to-the-symphony condom," "Marla-laid," and "bachelor by ineptitude" could somehow enter general usage, but I doubt it. Still chuckling.

quandomquandom6 months ago

I enjoyed it. A lot of very nice touches. (Must get to more symphonies!)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous