Love of Horses Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No hand the reins to one of them."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"But you will return here on short visits?"

"Yes of course to see you and Sammy of course."

"What about the ranch?"

"I've never had any particular feeling for the ranch but I do for the mountain. No it's what's on the ranch that has interested me... Sammy, you and the horses."

"And not the cattle?"

"Hell no, they are buffoons compared with horses. Looking into a horse's eye is like looking at the night sky."

Sammy said, "You really love your horses."

"Shut up Sammy," Kathleen said mildly. "Kate I know you really love horses."

Kate sniffed as she turned on to the highway that would take her back to Patrick University. She'd had a most rewarding time with her mom and Sammy and also with her extended family and was delighted 837 bucks had been raised for the pony club.

Despite that happy time, as the miles clicked off she had the distinct feeling she was heading home.

During one of the stops when she turned off the highway to let the horses have a walk on the grass roadside and to refill their water trough on the trailer, Kate called Ralph.

"Hi have you managed to improve my team?"

"Hi I'm left with the impression they can't wait to get you back. I put Rick over the jumps for the first time since you've given him extra training and Kate, you are so right. That kid has got it and is fearless but he told me you have him drilled to jump within the capability of his horse and himself and to absolutely avoid dropping that rule. He told me has taken many falls and once broke an arm by going just one step too far. He's full of praise for you and says you've already given him great tips to clean up his act."

"Well Ralph we know he was just a ranch boy and who really teaches them to ride? His parents didn't have the brains to send him to a pony club when he was a kid. Like most ranchers they believe if you can stay on a horse you can ride."

"Yeah quite."

"I'm bringing back two horses so I will require two stalls. Is that okay?"

Ralph said, "So I have a choice?"

"Mom's given my her Paint that I trained to barrel race. I'd like to school up our three top riders in each team to ride the Paint for advanced training."

"You mean train them to barrel race?"

"I was thinking to train them on the skills of barrel riding to up their horsemanship."

"Will this result in broken bones?"

"Not if they stay on."

Ralph took a deep breath. "This is really pushing me Kate."

"I know but I also know what has to be done. No one will be asked to do this if they have misgivings."

"Do you promise me that?"

"Absolutely boss."

"I'm becoming interested. Let me see this Paint in action so I can be satisfied through observation that this horse is good on her feet. What's her name?"

"Chocolate Ice."

"Gawd with a name like that all the females will want to ride her."

"Well she will be a Western horse and if she's available for riding and is not being used she can be taken by the first interested person just like any other of our horses. Your wife thinks our horses lack fire. Well let's see how Anne goes on my two supercharged quarter horses."

"Don't you dare injure my wife."

"The rides will be offered and it's up to her to accept or decline. Warn her off if you wish. Oh I'm two hours out."

"Come to dinner tonight."

"Thanks boss. You'll be able to warn Anne against riding Chocolate Ice in my presence."

"Bitch," he grinned.

Jesus, Kate thought. At last she was drawing the boss out of his shell. When she first arrived he'd never respond to her like that.

She arrived for dinner and Anne greeted her at the door.

"Great hair and great looking breasts."

Anne looked startled and then relaxed a little and almost whined, "I'm not used to being spoken to like that."

"Sorry I won't..."

"No, you might be good for me. When Ralph talks dirty to me I tend to freeze."

"Oh in what situation does Ralph talk dirty to you?" the youngster asked wickedly.

Anne turned pink.

"What?"

"Darling you really are too young to be told."

"Do you mean when he's humping you?"

"Omigod," Anne said taking several deep breaths. "Ralph says your full-on and open attitude is doing wonders for him. I ought to be a beneficiary as well. We come from the East..."

"Then the answer is not to be puppets of social upbringing. You're out West now where our tradition is to tell it how it is and to avoid fancy pretences."

They walked inside, arm and arm.

"I've found it difficult to make friends here."

Kate said, "I wonder why. What image to other wives do you think you give riding aloof and alone?"

"What?"

"Perhaps wives and girlfriends think you regard yourself as being superior."

"Oh but I don't, no way."

"Then do you entertain them at home, do you ever invite any of them who can ride to join you? Do you ever ask them for recipes?"

"What?"

"Exchanging recipes is a fundamental... my mom does it all the time and it sure beats the crap out of talking about the weather."

"Omigod Kate, you are a godsend to me."

"Look Anne I'm willing to help you on one condition."

"Sex?"

"Get out of here," Kate giggled. "God it's something more basic than that. When you finish riding I want you to do everything required before leaving your horse rather than leaving that for the stable hands."

"Why?"

"Anne do I really have to answer that for you?"

Anne, who was twenty-nine and a science graduate, said, "Because it's the responsible thing to do as a rider and because of my love of horses."

"Good girl," said the teenager.

Next late afternoon Kate arrived with the two horses and Anne immediately fell in love with Cool Lady.

"Back off lady," Kate laughed. "Ride the Paint and feel something really powerful between your legs."

"The Paint is ugly, your mount is beautiful."

"Gee and I thought I was supposed to be impressed by eastern values."

Anne cringed. "I shoot off my mouth too much at times."

"So do I. Join the club. Let's be off."

They returned ninety minutes later, Anne flushed with excitement and still exclaiming Chocolate Ice was the most exciting horse she'd ever ridden.

"God she responds to pressure commands as if she and my hands and hands are linked by rubber-bands."

"I'll train you for barrel racing if you wish?"

"Ralph would have a fit."

"Does he need to know?"

Anne considered that and smiled. "You are a dangerous person to know young lady. I'm staying here to cool Chocolate Ice and then to brush her. Mr Hungry will have to wait for late dinner."

"Excellent. Here's my phone. Call Carol Wilcox now and invite her to go riding with you tomorrow late afternoon. I know she can ride. Here's her number."

"I don't think Carol and I have anything in common."

"And what about horses?"

"Oh yes, of course."

TO BE CONTINUED