Love, Texas Style 15

Story Info
Michael succeeds; More babies; A Tragedy begins.
14k words
4.86
4.8k
5

Part 15 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers

Love, Texas Style

A.J. Roye

Copyright 2020, All rights reserved.

Chapter 164

The horse squealed.

A horrifying sound.

Before Terry could turn, Millie screamed a scream that touched him to his core.

In a flash, Millie was holding on for dear life. Her gray gelding... Star... was bucking and still squealing... Then... lurched and ran away with Millie on board.

Before he could respond, Nicole turned her horse and raced after Millie. Riding flat in her saddle... her head near the neck of her gelding... gaining speed to catch Star before Millie fell off. Her hat flew away because of the speed.

"STAY HERE!" roared Denise. "STAY AWAY FROM THAT BRUSH! SNAKE!"

With that, Denise raced after the sisters.

Terry turned to Traci... her horse spinning in circles... the horse, obviously upset with the excitement. Traci worried she would fall off and also worried about her daughter on a bolted horse. Terry turned Annie and snatched the bridle of Traci's mare... steadying the horse and guiding her away from the brush. Nora's horse was upset, too, but followed Annie.

Denise watched as she raced after the girls.

Nicole caught up with the gray quickly, snatched the reins, then the bridle, and began slowing the scared horse down. When Denise caught up, she knew it wasn't good. The gray hobbled on the right hind leg. She swept Millie from the saddle and guided her chestnut gelding to a fallen tree... Dismounted, tied the reins and checked on Millie.

"Are you hurt?"

"No... just a little scared." Millie tried to smile. But no tears.

"Stay here with Rocky."

Millie nodded... obviously shaken.

"Damn," Denise mumbled, as she approached the gray. "Steady, boy, steady." She snatched the reins and inspected the leg... two punctures and the leg was swelling. "Hold him steady, Nicole." She gave Nicole the reins to Star.

Denise began unsaddling the horse and took the saddle and blanket to the fallen tree while Nicole held Star's reins.. When she turned, the horse began wobbling. Still on three legs. She took the reins and encouraged the horse to lie down. Denise was still hopeful... The gray's eyes were panicked and his heart was racing. She could hear Millie whimpering behind her. Terry and the other two rode up. Traci gasped at the sight of the downed horse, dismounted and took Millie into her arms.

"Call the vet, Sir. He may still make it if the swelling doesn't get worse."

Terry reached for his phone.

Denise waved to Millie... "Come here, Millie. Star needs you, Sweetie."

Traci escorted her daughter. Millie knelt at Star's neck and caressed him. Once Denise saw Star was calming down, she stood and looked at Nicole... still mounted on her horse. Worry was written on the teenager's face.

"That was a hell of a ride, Girl," Denise offered with an arched eyebrow, hands on the hips, and a satisfying smile. "And dangerous... what you did."

Nicole managed a smile. She dismounted, tied her horse to a shrub... "What? And let Millie fall off? I did what any sister would do. I know it was dangerous, but... Millie was in danger. I had to do it." She then knelt beside her sister. Her arm around Millie's shoulder.

Denise... nodded with satisfaction. "The best horsemanship I've ever seen," she thought.

*****

Terry nodded from the back porch, as he watched Millie, Denise, Nicole, and the veterinarian assistant leading a limping Star to the stables. Turned out, the vet was on the other side of the county and sent her top assistant. It would be a video examination.

"I think he'll be fine," Denise offered as she stepped onto the porch. Having left the two sisters to settle the gray and Denise's horse in the stable. An injection to control the swelling... turns out, adult horses often survive rattlesnake bites, due to their enormous size.

Traci saw Denise and entered the porch from the house. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me. Thank Nicole. Did you two see what she did?"

The reply... two heads gently shaking side to side.

"The best horsemanship I've seen in some time. Stopping a panicked horse isn't easy and she made it look too easy." Denise turned toward the stables to see Nicole disappear into the building. "Millie did exactly as I taught her. She rode with the horse and didn't panic." She paused as she continued gazing at the stables. "Nicole... What she did was dangerous. Very dangerous, but I agree with her. Millie needed help and Nicole... Jesus..." She turned to face her employer and Traci. "I still can't believe I saw her do that. It was like she had done it a thousand times before. Perfectly. It's like she... had a natural instinct. And Endurance... Damn... it's like the two were one beast... Riding together at full gallop. I wonder if he knew what Nicole knew... Millie and Star needed help." Denise shook her head gently... still in disbelief.

"I've praised both girls and I know you have, too. But, they need both of you right now. Nicole hasn't left Millie's side." Denise tilted her head to her boss and his wife. "I'm using the ATV to get the saddle and bring it back." With that, she turned and left for the barn.

"I'm getting them something to eat," Traci asserted as she turned and entered the house.

Terry turned to find 10 year old Nora, looking up at him... concern on her face.

"They're both fine," he offered. "Star, too. Wanna go see them with me?"

*****

Terry watched through the huge window toward the pool.

A smile on his face. He nodded at the memory of his own children as youngsters. Their friends over to ride ATVs and horses.

This time... the swimming pool and the deck were crowded with youth from the Morrison girls' school. Their parents, too. Traci busy refilling the dispensers of lemonade and iced tea. Jacob and Bill grilling hamburgers and hot dogs before each of them had to return to Lubbock for the summer term. Terry and Traci were hosting an end of school year party. The popularity of the Morrison girls the reason.

Word soon spread of Nicole's heroics, potentially saving her sister from serious injury, or worse. The local Brenham newspaper received interviews from Nicole, Millie, Nora, Traci, and Denise. Their photograph with Star and E (Endurance, Nicole's gelding) on the front page. The print and online periodicals, Texas Horseman and Cowboys and Cowgirls picked up the story, and in addition, ran an extensive story on Denise and her teaching techniques... Highlighting her extensive knowledge of horses and cattle. The periodicals featured many photographs of all three sisters and their mother, along with Denise. The periodicals would publish their stories in August.

The Morrison girls, now local celebrities, and Denise... more popular than ever with the local men. After hearing of Nicole's and Millie's adventure, Michael and Amy drove down to help with the early June party.

"I see Nicole has a cute bikini."

Traci smiled as she set cupcakes on a tray in the kitchen. "It is cute," she replied as she looked up from the tray to her husband's daughter in law. "Turquoise looks good on us blondes." She chuckled. "Nicole asked for it two weeks ago. I balked at first, but remembered I asked for one at thirteen, too."

Amy giggled as she set buns on a tray for the hot dogs and burgers. "I was thirteen, too. It was a leopard print, and I agree... turquoise is Nicole's color." Amy paused as she continued sorting the tray. "I saw her flirting with some of the boys in the pool. The boys were flirting back, and with her friends."

"Gawd, do I know it," Traci groaned as she rolled her eyes. "She's noticing boys and it's driving me crazy."

Amy giggled.

"And you, Amy. You have a nice little bump, there," Traci chuckled. "What is it? 19... 20 weeks? You look great."

"Thank you," Amy chirped, as she ran her fingers across her tummy with a smile. Her baby bump hugged snuggly by her high waist beige leggings. "It's 20 weeks... half way there. The baby's due October 23rd."

"Boy or girl?"

"It's gonna be a surprise," Amy replied with spirit in her voice...

"For both of us."

Chapter 165

Terry's phone pinged.

He opened the secure messaging app Michael installed on his phone.

Dinner at my place. Tuesday, 6:30 pm. Traci is welcome.

*****

Terry exited the rental car and stepped to the curb to assist Traci from the car.

She kissed him as she fell into his arms on the sidewalk. She pulled away still holding him. "You two are up to something." She waited for a reply... with an arched eyebrow and an upturned corner of her lips.

With a face of stone, he snatched her arm to head to his son's front door... "That thunderstorm to the east roughed the M2 up a bit, didn't it?" He chuckled, as the two stepped to the porch. Traci laughed at his deliberate avoidance of her comment.

When the door opened, Amy squealed, leaped at Terry, hugged his neck, kissed his lips, and did the same for Traci. She pulled her guests into her home.

"Thank you for coming to see us," she squealed again. "Mommy and Daddy are here, too."

*****

"Both wells produced. Exceeding Morales' expectations."

The three men were sitting in Michael's study. Not much in the way of furnishings. But, the three men were smiling at the report.

"728 and 841 barrels per day on the production tests. Morales wants to get started on the mineral and drilling leases as quickly as possible. The other investors have been informed of the results. I spoke with each of them personally in their home cities. I have their deposits, and I've given Morales the go ahead to begin."

"This is good news, Michael?" Leon asked. "The rates you quoted?"

"Very, very good, Mr. M."

"It is, Leon," Terry offered. "Typical for a shale formation in West Texas." Turning to his son... "You're confident you can snatch up all of the leases?"

"Mr. Morales has hired two of the best landmen in West Texas. They're under confidentiality agreements and he tells me, with he, and his children working, too... he thinks he can have the leases secured by March of next year."

"Any potential buyers lined up?"

"Dad, I'm going to offer Sigma Petroleum the first shot. They have the resources and they have a history of securing petroleum reserves and re-selling them to small production companies."

Terry nodded. Nodded because he was impressed with his son's thorough and diligent work.

Leon looked at both men and sized them up. "We're the last two investors, aren't we Michael?"

Michael nodded. "As with the other investors, Mr. Morales and I will receive 15% each of the profit. The investors will receive 70% pro rata."

Looking at Terry, Leon asked, "You're in for $36 million?"

Terry nodded. "I'm a silent investor, Leon. Not a word to anyone."

Leon rose from his chair and walked to the door of the study, looking out into the living room at the three pretty women visiting while sipping their drinks. Amy smiled and waved to her father. Michael and Terry arched an eyebrow toward each other.

Michael rose from his seat and stood next to his father in law. "Is there a question, Sir? Anything I need to know?"

Leon shook his head as he looked up into his son in law's intense blue eyes...

"How much, Michael? What's the potential here?"

"Double for sure, Mr. M. $65 million in, could be 65 in profit. There's potential for more. Maybe three times investment... $130 million profit minus the 30% for Morales and myself."

Leon paused, looked through the door and smiled to his beautiful wife. Then...

"What are the chances your father will let me have more of a stake?"

*****

"What do you think our boys are up, too?"

Olivia giggled at her remark... glancing over to the study to see Leon smiling at her through the window in the door. Still giggling, she sipped her wine.

"I know this," Amy replied, after taking a sip of her orange juice and soda. "Michael's been leaving town a lot since February... for six months now. Without notice. Doesn't call, stays away for days, and tells me everything is OK and not to worry. And, tells me not to call him, that it's important for me not to call."

"Girls," Traci mused, after sipping her wine. "Those boys of ours are making a living for us." She giggled. "If I know Terry and Michael, we weren't invited here for social reasons. Michael and Terry, and now Leon, are working on something big. So big, that Michael is keeping it secret and out of the hands of competitors, thus, the reason he is behaving the way he is with you, Amy." She paused to sip her wine. "Terry pulled a similar stunt a few months back, but not since. I'm bettin' it has something to do with Michael's project. Whatever it may be, the information Michael has is sensitive. So sensitive, he fears someone may follow him or spies are placed inside his offices. It happens more than you may think. I found a janitor in Kansas City going through the drawers of one my staff who screens business prospects. We found copies of some of our prospects in his car. Turns out, he was paid to get intel for someone through a third party. We never did find out who the buyer was. When Terry found out, he blew a gasket. Well, not really. I've rarely seen Terry angry. But he made it clear to me, and the other regions, this wasn't to happen again. He wanted recommendations on his desk by the next Monday."

The mother and daughter turned to each other and blinked. Surprised they didn't know... business espionage was so pervasive.

"So, Amy," Traci offered, after taking of sip from her glass...

"How are you feeling? Just two more months. Are you excited?"

*****

Terry was sitting at Michael's desk.

Writing out a memorandum of understanding.

Looking up from his pen and paper... "I'll come to you, Leon. This is too sensitive to do over the phone or email." He handed the paper over to his friend. "Six percent for any of the $36 million." He paused as Leon read the paper. "Sixty thousand for each million, or... five percent for half or more of the 36. Understand?"

Leon didn't react as he continued to read... then, he looked down at Terry sitting at the desk. "Thank you. How do I contact you? To let you know how much I want to buy?"

Terry smiled to his friend. Then, looked to his son...

"Michael..." he nodded...

"Let Michael know."

Chapter 166

Amy smiled, then sighed.

A happy sigh.

She could feel the little one in her tummy moving a leg or arm. She placed a hand on her man's shoulder.

"Michael," she whispered, lying in her bed. "Your baby is moving. Do you wanna feel?"

"Umm?" he groaned, as he tried to open his eyes. "What time is it, Little One?"

Amy giggled, then pushed on his shoulder. "Come feel. The baby is moving. For nearly 30 minutes now. No fair you get to sleep and the baby kicks me." She giggled again.

"Ugh," he moaned, as he rolled from his right to his left to find Amy smiling and holding her tummy with a hand. She ran her fingers through his hair.

"Feel, right here," she whispered as she took his hand and placed it on her swollen belly.

"Mmm," Michael moaned, as his hand was nudged by the little person on the other side. "He just threw a curve ball."

Amy chuckled and her tummy jiggled. "He? And you know this... how?" She laughed.

"Has to be. That ball bounced around in there. It was no girly throw." He laughed.

"You're awful... come here you, and hold your baby. Maybe he'll calm down and let his mommy sleep."

*****

Amy smiled as she watched her man straighten his necktie.

"Thank you for marrying me," she whispered from the door of the huge walk in closet. Her hand resting on her tummy covered by maternity leggings. "I'm the luckiest girl in Dallas, Michael. You're so handsome in a business suit." A tear began to form on her eye. "And... I love you so much." She broke down... swiping at the tears on her face.

"Silly Little Girl," Michael moaned, as he turned and walked towards her... taking her into his arms. "Baby hormones?"

Amy nodded as she caressed his face and gazed into his eyes. "I have absolutely loved being pregnant, Michael... the emotions and everything. Knowing you and I are going to share our love for one another." She paused as she choked on a tear. "But," she choked on a chuckle. "I'm ready for the baby to be born. It's getting crowded in there and it's sitting on my bladder. My boobs are huge and hurt and... I don't know if I can wait another week for the due date." She pulled herself into his chest... her plump tummy pressed against him.

"I love you, Amy," he offered in a whisper. He knelt at her feet and looked up into her face. Caressing her hair and her cheek. "What can I do for you?"

"Nothing," she replied... holding his face in her hands. She leaned in for a kiss. A little peck.

"We'll be waiting for you to come home, tonight."

*****

Amy followed her man down the driveway as he backed out of the garage and turned toward the street. She waved one last time to him before he pulled away. He honked his horn and waved his hand out the window of his truck... then, drove away. She looked across the street to see her mother waving from the huge window overlooking the front yard and street. Amy smiled and raised her hand to wave... then...

"Oh."

A cramp rolled from the top of her abdomen toward her pelvis. She didn't expect it. Her eyes widened. Her hand involuntarily crossed her tummy. She looked down the street to find Michael had already turned the corner. She looked across the street. Her mother turned and left the window. Seconds later she appeared on the porch... walking down the walkway to the street.

"Amy!" she called, from the front lawn. "Are you OK?"

"I think so, Mommy," she replied... she began to walk to her mother. "A contraction, I think. More so than the littles ones these past few weeks."

"Go inside, dear," her mother called. "I'll be over in a few minutes. I want to get dressed just in case." Both women turned to go inside.

*****

Amy could see her home just a few houses away.

She and her mother took a walk around the block... twice... Not going too far from their homes.

"Baby," her mother said, as she took her daughter's hand. "I think you may be in labor. Losing your mucus plug three days ago is a sign. Let's go inside and I'll start timing the contractions. And, I'll call Michael."

"No!" Amy barked. "I'll call Michael. But, not now. I want to make sure first... Oh!" Amy continued walking toward her home through the contraction... Nearly 60 seconds.

*****

"It's time to go, Amy Masters Woods."

The tone... firm and direct.

Amy nodded as she was pacing in her huge living room. The one with only a couch and one chair. She had tried to relax like the maternity coach recommended... lying on the couch... then her bed... then the floor. None of which were comfortable. She was too excited about having a baby today.

It had been four hours since Michael left for work.

"And call Michael. The contractions are less than five minutes apart. Do you want to have your baby right here in the living room?" Olivia chuckled, as she wrote down the time and duration of Amy's last contraction.

"OK," Amy choked. "I want to change into a loose dress. I want out of these leggings. Maybe take a quick shower fir... Oh!"

Olivia giggled as she looked at her watch and then wrote the time on the slip of paper.

*****

"Damn it, Michael!"

Amy shook her head... looking at her phone. Frustration. Michael wasn't answering his phone.

"Send him a text message," Olivia suggested, as she turned the corner toward Hillcrest. "Or, call Sharon or Kylie." Olivia kept her focus on the traffic as she turned north on Hillcrest.

Amy called Sharon...

"Woods Masters, this is Sharon. May I help you?"

"Sharon, it's Amy. Is Michael available, please."

"He's in a meeting with Kylie and a client, Amy. May I take a message?"

ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers