Love, Texas Style 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Michael recited... from memory.

A pair of intense blue eyes fell upon the intense black eyes. An awkward pause... this time... Ed Morales squirmed in his seat.

"Enough of the bullshit, Mr. Mason," Michael began. A firm tone. Confidence. "We both now know who we're up against. My clients have stumbled... no... discovered one of the largest oil reserves on the planet... well hidden from geologists and engineers for three generations. This is historic... and you and I, Sir... Are here to ensure the Morales Family and you... Mr. Mason..." A pause.

"Go down in history." Michael paused for Mr. Mason to taste his words.

"My first proposal, Sir. To rename this portion of the Wolfcamp Shale. The new name to be... the Morales Mason Shale."

*****

"Mrs. Woods, come quickly."

Traci was startled at the sudden announcement from her trading manager... Jack. She saw him disappear back into the trading room.

"There."

Traci looked up to the monitor hanging from the ceiling. A breaking business news story on the screen.

"Isn't that Michael Woods? There... in the background. You can barely see him behind all the people."

"Dang," Traci barked. "It is! Turn it up!"

"Recapping this breaking news story. Sigma Petroleum has announced a $789 million petroleum reserve acquisition in West Texas, in partnership with three other petroleum companies. The acquisition will go into Sigma's reserves book. The historic portion of this story... this petroleum find remained hidden from geologists for nearly eight decades until Robert Morales discovered errors in mapping and seismic data seven years ago. A side note on this breaking story. Michael Woods, son of the Texas investor, Terry Woods, is rumored to have negotiated on behalf of the Morales family, whose efforts and investment were sold to Sigma today."

"Louise! Call Mr. Woods office and have him get here quickly, please," Traci ordered.

Moments later...

"What's up?"

Traci turned to her husband from watching the monitor. "There... in the background. It's Michael."

Terry scanned the screen... reading the bottom headline about Sigma... and smiled. He then pulled on his wife's hand and headed for her office... closing the door behind him.

"Not a word that I was involved. Clients will freak if they knew. If we receive any inquiries, forward the calls to my office."

"Jesus, Terry," Traci harped. "I've never known you to take on that much risk. Petroleum is like gambling. Why risk the clients' investment?"

Terry sat down at the small conference table... and shook his head with a confident smile. "Not the clients' money..." A pause...

"Mine."

*****

Michael pulled into the all too familiar gravel parking lot.

Killing the engine to his truck, he sighed. A sigh of satisfaction... and hard work. And a very long day.

He had called Amy and Verónica to tell them he would be home tomorrow. That he was staying a night with his father, due to the late hour from leaving Houston.

He took a deep breath to try to relax before going into his father's home. A few moments later, his father, then Traci, appeared on the back porch beside the gravel lot. Both smiling widely as he opened the door to his truck.

"Congratulations," his father barked, as he stepped from the porch to greet his son.

"Thanks, Dad. It's been a long day."

The two men shook hands... then hugged one another. Traci followed up with a hug of her own. "Congratulations, Michael. That was some deal. I'm envious."

"Thank you, Traci. It just fell in my lap, really. Mr. Morales contacted me and I didn't know him from Adam."

"Come on. Supper's almost ready."

*****

Michael tapping away at his notebook computer.

Traci's girls... curious as they watched him. He paused to sip his beer while working on the couch.

"So, you're adding up what Mr. Woods made on the oil deal in Houston?"

"Yep," Michael replied to Nora. "Dad took a big risk on the deal, too. And... he's getting paid for taking the risk."

"Am I reading that right?" Nicole chirped, looking over his shoulder. "789 million dollars? And Mr. Woods will get over 228 million?"

"Yeah. That was part of his deal. See here?" he continued, pointing at the figures on the screen. "Four other investors will be paid 171.5 million, Dad will get 228.68 million and Mr. Masters will get 12.7 million."

"But that doesn't add up to 728 million," Nicole reported. "Where's the rest of it?"

Terry smiled as he entered the living room and sat in his favorite chair. Traci leaned over the back of the couch with her girls to get a look.

Michael continued... "Well, first... Mr. Morales and his family already had their investment in the project at 17% of the 728. That leaves 589.9 million for the investors, after the investors are repaid their 65 million dollar investment. Because I helped Mr. Morales and the investors, I get 15% of the 589.9. That's 88.48 million. And, Mr. Morales gets 15%, too, because his son and family found the oil and worked hard to secure the mineral rights."

"Wow," Nicole hummed and drew out her word. "You made 88 million dollars?"

Michael nodded to the fourteen year old with a smile.

"Can I come to work for you when I graduate?"

Michael smiled wide. "We'll see."

"You made 228 on this?" Traci asked as she sat across from Terry.

Terry nodded... "I did, but I sold 17 of my 36 million to Leon. He asked me if I would let him buy into more of his initial investment with Michael. I sold it to him for a little over a million. Let's see... doing the math in my head... hmm... After paying Leon, I'm making about 121.7 on 19 million."

Traci shook her head at the casual tone of her husband. Then she turned to Michael. "This is some deal, Michael... $789 million on a project. I didn't get to touch that kind of money until I was 36."

*****

Amy was beaming while she watched her husband explain the figures to her father.

Verónica in her arms... nursing on the couch of her parents' home.

"Are you feeling OK, Leon?" Olivia asked with a concern in her tone. "You don't look well."

"I haven't felt well all day," he groaned. "A little upset on my stomach. Go on Michael."

"After returning your $2 million initial investment, I'll be putting 12.7 million in your bank account. Dad sold you a portion of his share, so he will be sending you nearly $108 million. Total is $120.696 million." Michael smiled widely, but then his lips turned downward. "You don't look well, Mr. M. Are you sure..."

The eyes rolling back in Leon's head interrupted Michael's sentence.

"Damn!" Michael roared, as he stood from his chair and raced to his father in law's side. Leon wobbling in his chair. "Call 911!"

"Oh, God!" yelped Olivia as she raced for her phone.

Amy stood from the couch... Verónica still nursing. "Daddy!"

Michael eased Leon from his chair and laid him gently on the floor. He checked his breathing, then his heart rate. Still breathing... still a heartbeat. His eyes glassy and unfocused.

Four minutes later, Michael was letting the ambulance crew in the front door. Amy kneeling beside her father with Verónica in her arms. Olivia kissing his cheek.

*****

An hour later...

"The Masters family?"

"I'm Olivia Masters. Leon is my husband." Olivia leapt from her seat in the waiting room. Michael, Verónica and Amy right beside her.

"Yes, Ma'am. I'm Doctor Scheffer and I'm an ER doctor here at Presbyterian. I suspect Mr. Masters may have some clogged arteries in his heart."

Olivia placed a hand over her mouth in shock.

"He's fine now, Mrs. Masters. I've given him some medications to ease his chest pain and to relax his arteries. Just so we're clear, he hasn't had a heart attack, but he was on his way, I'm pretty sure. The cardiologist on call is with him now and she'll be running some tests to find out for sure."

"May I be with him?" Olivia pleaded.

"Of course. He may be a little drowsy from the medicines, but you can be with him."

*****

"You're father... rudely, I might add. Ruined the surprise I had for you."

Amy giggled as she spooned a serving of puree peaches from a baby food jar into her daughter's mouth.

"I had intended on telling you that evening."

Amy giggled again as she looked up to her husband. He sipped his coffee.

"The hospital, coronary stents, recovery, phone calls, your brothers and their families. Your mother beside herself and worried sick. I thought we'd have to put her in the hospital, too."

Amy gut laughed. "Daddy's good as new and Mommy's driving him crazy. So? The surprise?"

Michael sat next to his wife. "I have an architect arriving this morning."

Amy arched a surprised eyebrow. She expected him to go to work. Michael smiled.

"I made nearly 102 million on that deal, Amy."

"Michael," Amy whispered with genuine surprise.

"I received 10% from the Morales family and 15% from the investors. 102 million... nearly."

"Baby," she chirped. She placed a hand on his cheek. "I'm proud of you."

Michael nodded as he placed a hand on top of hers. "I've budgeted 2 million, Amy. To update our home." He paused to watch Amy's eyes widen in happiness. "Get rid of the avocado and golden rod bathroom fixtures, ancient kitchen appliances, update the broken swimming pool and it's equipment. Get rid of the 1960s drapes, wallpaper, and carpets. Plumbing and wiring upgrades. Internet, paint. Everything."

"Oh, my," Amy choked on her words. Her emotions welling up from her chest...

"A home. Our home. What a wonderful surprise."

Chapter 170

"I'm going into semi-retirement."

Amy gasped at her father's words.

She turned to her brothers and they seem surprised as well.

Leon had gathered his children to his study.

"Dad," Robert spoke up. "Why? The doctor said you're fine."

Leon stood from behind his desk, kissed his wife, and smiled at his children.

"Sixty five years old. And... Olivia and I have decided to spend more time with each other. Visit friends and family more often. Travel. It's been years since we were in Europe." Leon paused as he sized up his family. Three sons, one daughter, 20 grandchildren, two more on the way... soon. His oldest granddaughter soon to graduate high school.

He continued. "I made a nice little fortune on the deal Michael made last month. So..." He paused for effect... and looked at his oldest son. "Robert, you're in charge of Leon Masters Realty, effective immediately. Call me if you need anything. John and Isaac. If you want anything, ask Robert."

All three brothers nodded... knowing their father knew best, and , they knew they could work together as a team.

"And Amy," he whispered. He rounded the corner of his desk and sat next to her. He smiled and took her hand. "I've established a trust for your children. For their education. Private schools, college. Just like I've done for your brothers. I don't have to worry about you any more, Amy." He paused as he choked on his words. "Michael will always take care of you, Baby. You've married an amazing and loving man."

"Oh, Daddy," she garbled as she stood and pulled her father to his feet. Her huge baby bump poking him as they hugged...

"I love you."

*****

Amy left her father's study a little emotional.

Her eyes red from the tears.

Michael... on the other side of the living room holding their daughter. Smiling widely as she neared him. Her sister in laws also in the room. Along with nieces and nephews.

"Your dad told me yesterday."

Amy arched an eyebrow in surprise as she hugged him.

"Yeah. He semi-retired on me, too," he chuckled. "I called Dad and told him. He was surprised, too. He said he would have to get up here and see your dad and Robert, soon."

"It's such a big change for me," she whispered, as she looked up into her man's eyes and held her daughter's tiny hand. "He's always been working. He's always been bigger than life for me." She choked on a sob...

"He's my Daddy."

*****

"Damn, Leon. You took me by surprise when Michael called."

Terry smiled as he continued to shake hands.

"It's what I get for scaring the hell out of Olivia and Amy," Leon chuckled as the two men broke their grips. "I'm actually looking forward to spending time with Olivia. I've been far too focused on business the past 20 years. Dang near missed Amy growing up." He paused and shook his head. "What do you think? I've been considering a lake property near Dallas. Fishing, boating... for the kids and their families."

"I think it's a wonderful idea, Leon. You certainly have earned it."

"Congratulations, Mr. Masters," Aaron Mechlenberg offered. "I'm looking forward to working with Robert."

"Thank you, Aaron. You're gonna find Robert, John, and Isaac are fair and hard driving. Let's go meet them."

*****

Amy grimaced.

She has been for an hour.

She had been bedridden for three weeks now. To help her keep the babies as long as possible. She was huge with her two babies. Michael hired a licensed day nurse to assist and monitor her condition.

Now... the contractions were a sure sign... today is the day. August 29... Less than a month for the due date of September 25 for a single baby. Her babies will be three weeks early.

She turned her head to find her husband sound asleep after her last contraction.

"Michael?" she whispered, as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Get up, Handsome."

"Umm," he groaned. He rolled over to face his Pretty Girl. "Mmm... What is it?"

With a smile and a whisper... "Our babies are coming."

Michael jerked his head and popped his eyes open. "Now? Right now?"

Amy giggled and nodded.

*****

"I am so, so... looking forward to these babies."

Dr. Austin sat down to prepare... Amy's babies were almost here. She smiled a huge, reassuring smile.

"You ready, Dad?"

Michael nodded. A little concern on his face.

"Everything is going to be great. The first baby is in good position and it won't take long to get baby number two ready." She smiled to her patient. "A big push, Amy."

Amy strained. Groaned. Squealed. Fought through the pain. Michael holding her shoulders.

"Yes, Ma'am, Mrs. Woods. Your baby is almost here. One more good one!"

Moments later...

"Yes. Your daughter is here, Amy."

"Oh, Lord," Amy squeaked. Sweat running down her forehead and cheeks. "Hello, Olivia. I'm your Mommy, Sweet Girl."

With that, Olivia erupted into a loud squeal.

"Olivia's beautiful, Amy. Just like her Mommy," Michael whispered in her ear.

Amy answered with another contraction and a yelp. Dr. Austin began turning the other baby. And, before long, baby number two arrived...

"Another little girl!"

"Mary! Oh my, Michael! Two girls for us! Mary! I'm your Mommy!"

*****

Michael was grinning.

His Pretty Girl sleeping soundly in her bed. In their home. He turned to leave after checking on his exhausted wife. After entering the living room... he smiled at the sight.

His father on one end of the couch... holding Mary. Drinking in the beauty of the tiny child in his arms. Nodding his appreciation for naming the child for his wife.

His mother in law on the other end of the couch... holding her granddaughter who shares her name. Beaming... she now has three granddaughters.

Across the room, his step mother and her daughters had 10 month old Verónica giggling and laughing.

Michael crossed the room and entered the kitchen to find his father in law. Sitting at the breakfast table eating a sandwich. He sat next to him.

"The best thing that ever happened for Olivia," he mused, with a mouthful of ham and cheese. "She'll be over here a lot, son. And..." He chuckled. "Olivia can't wait to help dress three little girls. You can expect lots of clothes for your girls."

Chapter 171

Terry had just landed at Brenham Airport.

He and Traci had been to Pittsburgh to review the quarterly performance of Great American Re. Traci had hired a new CEO a year ago and both he and Traci were pleased with her performance.

While flying from Pittsburgh back home, he reflected on his family. Terry and Mary had stopped having children... five sons. And, they were still in Dallas. Terry Jr.'s emergency medicine practice was growing.

Emilia and Daniel now had three sons and one daughter... their little girl born recently. They had returned to Texas after Daniel's fellowship and he was now practicing in Houston... Not too far from Brenham.

Michael and Amy... Verónica was now two and the twins were one. Michael's reputation as a negotiator skyrocketed after the Sigma Petroleum deal. He was negotiating oil deals on behalf of many of the majors now. And, his private wealth and venture capital business was now at 127 billion dollars in assets managed. All in a short three years in business. And, Amy... supported her husband by loving him and her daughters. Michael was doing very well. Much more than Terry expected. He was proud of his son.

Bill graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering the semester after Michael received his master degrees. He returned to Brenham to begin a construction company on his own and was doing well... and the business was still growing. He also began dating Denise a year ago and the two of them appeared destined for marriage. He was happy for both of them.

Jacob was in Lubbock. He still had another semester to complete his degrees in civil and mechanical engineering. He and Bill planned to be partners when he graduated.

His step daughters... Nora and Millie growing like weeds. Both, so quick witted and doing well in school. They looked so much like their mother. Nicole was now 16 and was one hot looking girl. Again, favoring her mother, but had features he presumed she inherited from her father. She had the attention of many of the high school boys and had more than enough friends in school... and, from her rodeo efforts. She had won a few rodeo events with her barrel racing and her looks had captured the attention of many a cowboy at the events. But, she confided in her mother, her intention was to marry Jacob Woods. She thought he was fun and funny... smart... and cute. As soon as she turned 17, she intended on dating him with the hopes of being his wife. When Jacob returned home from college during breaks, the two of them were nearly inseparable. Terry was concerned about their age difference. Jacob was now 24.

As Terry and Traci left the airport in the white Suburban, they stopped at the airport exit before entering the two lane highway.

"Would you like to stop at the steak house before we go home? It's just 11:15. We can beat the lunch crowd."

"Sure," Traci replied. "Let's stuff ourselves." She giggled.

Terry turned left onto the highway, got up to 50 miles per hour and began the long, gently curved road surrounding the airport.

Then...

The approaching 18 wheeler...

"TERRY!"

*****

Terry shook his head and tried to focus.

He blinked. He furled his brow.

Familiar... yet, unfamiliar surroundings.

"Terry."

Traci, he thought. Where are you?

"I'm here, Terry."

He blinked. He felt a comforting hand take his. He turned his head... then, smiled.

"Where? How?"

"I don't know. But, we need to go over there." She pointed down an unfamiliar, yet, familiar path. "Come on."

Confused... why was he lying on the ground? He stood and helped his wife up. Then... hand in hand, they walked along the path.

"Mary?"

His heart leapt for joy... Joy so intense, he thought he would collapse.

Approaching along the path... his Mary.

Exactly the way he remembered her that day at the pool. Her smile... her eyes... She placed a hand on the back of his neck... pulled him to her lips... and kissed him. He returned her kiss and placed his arms around her... Exactly the way he remembered their first kiss.

"I've missed you so much, Mary."