All Comments on 'Lovecraft and the Brothers Grimm'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was a very unusual "First Time" story.

But a great one. This was your usual great characters, and I loved the story. The queen is still the queen.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

I always enjoy a new Randi story! Please keep them coming!

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

I've read a much earlier version and already liked it. This one is so much better, though. This is really good throughout, a good pace, very good read. 5* easily.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 3 years ago

I don't get the whole title and how it fits into the story. The story itself was good. I thought the end was a little rushed though. Still 5 stars despite my complaining.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 3 years ago
Excellent Story

Really great until the rescue but as nasty as Mira was and as badly as she apparently wanted Collin she just stopped trying to get her? In any case another Randi story is ALWAYS a treat and well worth reading

Cracker270Cracker270over 3 years ago

Honestly I am running out of superlatives. Lady you do not disappoint. Great job.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

I'm really happy that you re-wrote this one and filled it out. A really good story!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Tough story.

The author brought up something in this story you don't read about much. Reconnecting the birth mother to a child (now an adult) and the reality of that meeting. It wasn't exactly a stellar event.

The hard part for me was the treatment this young woman gave to her birth mother in that first meeting. Of course, she was under the impression her father lost his life saving her. A horrible backdrop for a first time surprise meeting.

But, the daughter grew up with all the advantages her adoptive parents in the western world have to offer. She was product of that environment.

Her mother on other hand by circumstances of birth, was mostly likely forced into prostitution for survival and became a herion addict to kill the pain of struggling to live as one in 3rd world poverty.

The story was written well by the brilliant author blackradl1958. She writes terrific stories and if this is the first time reading a story of hers, please click her name for more. (A personal favorite is: You Can Go Home Again - https://www.literotica.com/s/you-can-go-home-again-1)

That said, and I'm fan of blackrandl1958's work, this story made me feel sad. Was it good? Yes, but I as bad as the birth mother was portrayed, I felt she was a victim as much as the daughter in life's lottery.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

One of your best stories!

5

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

You never disappoint. Another 5 stars thrown at you.

Hooked

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 3 years ago

It would have been fun if somehow Mira died from a bucket of thrown water. You write really good thrillers.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Cool. Story. Where did that title come from?

5*

AhazuraAhazuraover 3 years ago

As always, a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years agoAuthor

@Mr. Mad. Well, HP Lovecraft wrote stories of the macabre. The Grimm brothers wrote, or at least collected, fairy tales. Collins' story started out pretty rough, but ended with a "HEA." Thus, my title.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Loved it, but just a couple of questions: Was Mira really her birth mother, and just what did they want Collins for?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mallory

Good story, but I like the Vallon Drake character from the Mallory story more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Darn, and here I was expecting Pogo and Spooky to visit from Todd172's universe.

Storm113Storm113almost 3 years ago

I liked the story, but only gave it a 4 because you never explained why she wanted her. That drove me nuts. I know, it's a short drive!

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

I liked it, but you did leave us hanging about Mira.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Exiting story. Usual good writing. Much different from many of your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent drama. Very enjoyable.

A special thank you for tying up the loose ends in the story.

BJ

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

You are a remarkable author your slope of subject is so varied it is brilliant. Most commercial authors have one repeating theme, yours vary and mostly are so well thought and structured that you come out smelling like a rose. Well Done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What an action mystery story. I'd love to see the netfix film with a diverse cast and beautiful locations.

Of course to fill in the sparse endings and sequel?

Never bored with your plots, Ms.Randi...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story but it stopped one chapter too soon, leaving too many un-answered questions for me.

How did Collins and her father manage to get out of Taipei?

What was her father’s connection to “uncle Tony” and the other rescuers who can just rustle up a roadside rescue by causing a fatal car accident.

What was the history and significance of the “Princess / Nairobi” quote that Collins gave to her aunt.

Bucket.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi Randi

Excellent mix of action and love. You are a master at this.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very interesting. Action, mystery, romance, sex. Lovely. You are a very good writer. But some mysteries in the story is not explained. What Mira's real intentions?

Storm113Storm1134 months ago

Very good, 5*, but I have the same questions as everyone else. Way to many loose ends. Still a good story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What a dramatic thriller. I don't know how you came up with the plot but imagination and creativity is awesome, because it read like an action film. Kudos.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories