All Comments on 'Love's A Slap In The Face'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Harmony at last!

5

GumpershnickalGumpershnickal11 months ago

jesus, i quit after page 2, this guy is insufferable.

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

I read the whole story and I liked it. .nice romantic story 5stars

francemanfranceman11 months ago

Wow, now I don't know what to think.

The guy as said before is really unbearable.

And I grumble,

and sulking,

and sulk,

and stomp my feet......

He doesn't act like a 25-year-old adult but like a 15-year-old teenager.

It reminded me a lot of a Spelling scenario.

I wondered who Doherty, Perry, Garth, Priestley et al are....

5⭐

In view of your talent and humor, for this parody that takes us back in time.

nestorb30nestorb3011 months ago

Nice fantasy

Thanks for writing

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Always enjoy your stories but the premise that drove it was played out too long to make it believable. I need to refresh my memory, so off to find the one about John and Carol. LOL! 4.3*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

PS - Couldn't find it, so when are you releasing the LW story about John and Carol. I know it's on your hard drive somewhere! LOL!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere11 months ago

Well that was a lot of drama for such a quick flip!

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

It's hard to believe that this story was so highly rated. It reads like a fourth grader would write it. Childish ideas and structure and of course had to end with the obligatory sex scene.. I have become proficient at scanning the junk parts of a story and this story had lots to scan. Characters who have ridiculously poor taste also detract from the quality of the story. Our hero's favorite meal is mac and cheese. And the author thinks he is upgrading his taste by talking about "craft beer". As if he knew what that means. What a mess!!! 2*, and that's overgenerous. If this author wants to waste his time composing this drivel....well, it's his time, but I certainly won't waste mine reading it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

She lets him know that she is pregnant at 13 weeks! 😳

These guys are going to have to work on their communication!

oldsage_1oldsage_111 months ago

Not one of your best but I enjoyed it. Gave it 5* based on history.

Cheers

SAGE

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

Wonderful, uplifting story that had to end this way. I feel better for having read it. Thanks!

KinPAKinPA11 months ago

It’s a shame one of the friends isn’t a therapist…they’d make a fortune off Trevor and his family.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Odious characters

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Treacle

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

I think you are an excellent writer but I can barely find the energy to continue reading. Trevor is a douchbag and and entirely unlikable. The initial anger is understandable but her explanation was more than reasonable. I could still accept some anger with a thaw but it goes on and on. It's rather annoying and I don't believe the payoff solves those issues.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

MC is a total pussy

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Liked it, but you made Trevor too much of a dickhead.

ribnitinribnitin11 months ago

Not up to your usual standard.

goatman96goatman9611 months ago

I agree with overcritical

FD45FD4511 months ago

She had 10 years to tell him how she felt. She didn’t.

She wanted nothing to do with him until he added 20 lbs of muscle and a few million in the bank account. Quelle Surprise!

Women frequently and constantly reject men quite harshly and laughter is next door to contempt. He shouldn’t have run away like a wimp but he should realize that there are a ton of other beautiful and delightful women who will not laugh.

Disliked the sister most of all. She was impervious to learning. ‘Finally get your head out of your ass?’ She could have scuttled their relationship right there! Dumbass!

I don’t see any difference between his mom banging his father manipulatively and Kate doing the exact same thing in the shower scene. But he got his dick wet and men are not at their most acute when that happens.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

kept reading, thinking "there must be more to it". There wasn't

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I kept waiting for the story to start and for him to get over her initial shocked laughing… and in the end I just ended up hating him for being so immature and petty.

Sons_LoveSons_Love10 months ago

I really enjoyed the story, But I'm getting tired of seeing the mothers in the stories shitting all over their son and/or family and no real repercussions for their actions! If my mother did what this mother did, she sure as hell wouldn't even be at my wedding!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Trevor needed to man up. His mother the realtor was a bitch who used him and his sister and her friend were both bitches!!

Just reads like a weak wimp MC influenced by the bitches around him. HE SHOULD HAVE MOVED AWAY AND LEFT THEM. GET ANOTHER REALTER TO SELL THAT ATROCITY HUS MOTHER CONNED HIM INTO!!

2*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Trevor is a stupid asshole who deserved better than the cunts around him!! Trash from a cuckold writer

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

John the father is a pussywhipped asshole controlled by his wife. TRAILER PARK TRASH

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kate is just like his bitch mother....seduce the dumb cunts with sex

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank God Overcritical will not be reading anymore and posting OVERcritical Comments

I have never seen anything written by Overcritical.

You no play-a the game you no make-a the rules.

By the way I liked the story 4 stars.

WilCox49WilCox4910 months ago

'Fraid I agree with Overcritical pretty much straight through. I've liked things by Bh76 enough to follow him, but if this were the first one I'd ignore anything else, too. Too many grammatical barbarisms, and the characters--well, a lot of other people have already covered that end of it.

I wish I could say something positive, but I just can't.

pummel187pummel1879 months ago

REALLY????? REALLY?????? WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The depth of hatred for and disdain of any and all males exhibited here is breathtaking. You'll be shocked to hear someone say not all women are heavenly ideals and not all males are brainless, spineless meatsacks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not bad but the laughing thing is never really explained. At least not really adequately. She could have said ‘I was laughing because I thought of the irony of us always missing each other.’

Without that, she just seems cruel. And we do t really get a sense of what good friends they were. Sounds like she didn’t give a shit about him until he got some muscles and money.

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

He was a bit delicate

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Can't believe his dad stayed with his mum... she truly is an unrepentant manipulative bitch. Other than that a great story and an interesting look at how different people respond to shock. Definitely sympathise with Kate, the laughter response to shock is a bitch to explain when it happens. Hell, I laughed when I was told my mother died, 3 years later Im still getting grief, people just dont understand that sometimes it just happens because the alternative is breaking down and its a self preservation response.

pummel187pummel1875 months ago

What a whiny, immature, millinial snowflake, run at the first sign of trouble or adversity little boy Trevor is. Oh Kate you poor poor thing.... RUN SWEETHEART RUN. (no real men in this day and age, can't remember what they look like)

CockatooCockatoo4 months ago

Every woman in this story is a manipulative jerk.

They all confer and scheme with each other about how things are going to be. They strategize and plan and figure out how to manipulate their men into going along with it as well.

Trevor was the last one to know about everything. Kate could not have been surprised when he showed up with the flowers. She already knew how he felt, she'd cackled about it with his sister and mom and all their girl friends at god knows how many hen parties already. They talked about how to talk to him. What to say, how to say it, how to ambush him and how to overcome him. They collaborated about how to finally seduce him. And tell me, how many of his friends knew Kate was pregnant BEFORE he did?

NONE of that shit is okay.

Trevor hasn't made one decision of his own. Where he lived, who he married, or when he might start a family, none of that was up to him. He was barely even consulted. Nobody respected his choices and they all scoffed at his perfectly legitimate feelings. Hell, the ONE element of the story that took his side on any issue was the hospital staff!

This kid is going to spend his whole life getting led around by his dick just like his father was. In five or ten years, when Kate decides to stop having sex with him except as a means of control, he needs to pack up, take enough money and leave the rest so his family doesn't want for anything, and then go zero contact with everyone in the story.

He also needs to get a dog. Maybe then somebody will listen to him.

MarrttyMarrtty4 months ago

The MC is a person who not function even in the most mild of environments, MC behaves like a 12cyear old. Cut off his love interest because she laughed and continued to reject her for months even after being given multi legit explanations is absurd.

nestorb30nestorb303 months ago

MC should have ran far far away from all these manipulative people, including his friends. Who needs that crap

KaeyoKaeyoabout 2 months ago

The Trevor character was a complete ass. Kate and his family showed far too much leniency for his juvenile antics.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Aren’t you glad everyone else thinks they know what’s best for you, even more than you do. And won’t quit lying and conniving regardless of what you say. With friends and family like that who needs….. etc! LM

TheCommenterTheCommenter3 days ago

I'm sure there is some secret competition going on to write the dumbest character on this site. You should be in the running with Trevor.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories