All Comments on 'Loving Lydia'

by SkylerLuv

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
bh01bh01over 2 years ago

Bravo! Fwiw you brought me to a time and place - the antebellum South - i haven't come across much in popular culture, got me thinking about the different layers of oppression that existed, and ripped off a rattling good yarn at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really love this story it's well written, with a great plot and very hot

holbrookholbrookover 2 years ago

Brilliant! You brought these characters to life. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You never disappoint! Amazing!

I also noticed that it became more story-driven but i think that’s what made it so enticing especially in anticipating the sexual parts. Love the dynamic and the chemistry between them. Paradoxically, opposites do attract to each other strongly! Still hooked on w/ your latest work but this one, imo, definitely challenged it. Can’t wait to see more of your works in the future!

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

The characters you’ve carefully created here feel real to me as well — each and every one of them. A heartfelt tale, often poignant, yet so believable; so well crafted. Glad that you continue to share the stories you create out of your imagination. 5 stars of course.

saragalsaragalover 2 years ago

This was a very sweet story. I expected it to go in other directions but it kept simple and I loved it more for that

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

A fascinating deep-dive into unfamiliar (to me) territory. Thanks for sharing your character’s story.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 2 years ago

Sky, I can’t always count on you to give us a great story. I loved the background and era in which you to us back too. Wonderful writing, brilliant characters, beautiful romance. 5 stars as always.

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsover 2 years ago

WOW!!! Nothing at all like I would have ever expected to read on the Literotica web site, but REALLY, REALLY GOOD! I love a good love story, the fight for human equality, pushing back against the bully, and beautiful, redheaded lesbians. And finding a worthy story that hits all those hot buttons is truly amazing!!! Well done Skylerluv!!

LaurenrAusLaurenrAusover 2 years ago

I love all of your stories and was so happy when I saw this new one published. You have an amazing way of building a plot and immersing the reader! Loved it.

Peach102Peach102over 2 years ago

Interesting!

You did a fantastic job in the age and place, doing so while telling an engaging tale with memorable characters.

I like, and respect, that you use love as a main part of the story, with sex being the payoff and not the focus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! This is kind of different from what i am used to reading so I was skeptical at first but after reading afew paragraphs I was hooked. What a story! This is very lovely. Well written. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG. What a wonderful story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 out of 5 stars, as always. Your stories are so charged with both sexual and romantic tension, and your writing never disappoints. I will say that I was quite skeptical of the scene where Lydia first takes Kit to the cottage... on a horse? Reaaaaaaally? But other than that, there is nothing to criticise. Phenomenal work. I would definitely buy an anthology of short stories, or a novella like this, and likely even a novel written by you. I 100% believe you would do okay if you submitted something to an indie publisher. Just my thoughts!

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 2 years ago

I don't as rule read stories with a historical setting. After this I may have to reconsider.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 2 years ago

I have been reading your stories on and off since the beginning of this year. I have to admit that I have avoided reading this particular story because historical fiction so often disappoints. In this, however, I was badly mistaken as you have done an excellent job and I thoroughly enjoyed the result of your efforts. In general, I like the strong women you portray as they remind me so much of My Lady whom I love dearly.

In this particular story, I was impressed with the strong moral stance of your story as you portray the gathering clouds of a civil war that will will forever change a nation. Today, when so many seem to prefer "alternative facts" and "conspiracy" to the truth, I found the strong stance of your story refreshing and encouraging. You have written a strong, believable period story that remains extremely relevant to our time.

TransbianWriterTransbianWriterabout 2 years ago

Wandering Minstrel says things much more clearly than I could have with regard to the historical component. In addition, you build character and weave the story as much from what you write, as from what you leave out, which shows great skill. Loved this story!

Only_connectOnly_connectabout 2 years ago

Writing not consistently 'of the period' in tone and vocabulary, but a very fine and engaging story. Very erotic and sensitive sex scenes. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love this very much. Read it thrice in two days to really enjoy the details. Thanks!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Power money greed is the humans bible ...... And the background in your tale, slaverey , is as dark as wars we fought in the past or worst in the Here&Now ........ Sapphic love, slaves, and much muchmore must have been terrible circumstances for beings to live through this times ...... Your tale touches this with a fanatic finery and the blooming love is perfect ..... Wonderful written 🌟🌟🌟💝💝💝💝💝🌟🌟🌟

kaymarshaekaymarshaeabout 2 years ago

That was a great read. I was hoping for more. But def heartfelt story.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Only crit….too short lol. Very engaging story, I fell asleep reading it lol. iPad hit me in the face lol

FandeborisFandeboris10 months ago

I thought the language was not of the period. And the story kind of meandered some. All in all, it was an excellent story. Read the whole thing in one sitting, and I had chores to do! It was a good first endeavor in writing a period piece and the criticism should show the weak spots. So you can do better next time. In fact they way you write, you can only get better! I gave you the 5 stars. Don’t quit, just keep practicing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I liked the story. I noticed that you make your protagonists pretty stoic. It makes sense that everyone would be stoic given the time period. Also, I did’t mind that the language didn’t fit the times since it made it easier to understand. Also, you are really good at writing in other plots (fighting slavery) alongside the main romantic plot that has an impact on the character’s behaviors.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Love this story so much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous